Votes: 12 19.0%
  • Normal

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • Hard

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Pro

Votes: 6 9.5%

• Total voters
So, a couple things I've learned (or will have to come back and edit later if it turns out that I think I've learned them but I'm wrong) that may be helpful to others...

When you get to the point of choosing a car for the first phase of your career, there is no option that I could find to back out of that screen to try some of the cars out before deciding (usually on XBOX the "B" will pop you back to the previous screen, but no luck here). So, check out the list of car options in advance (noting which are available depending on which tier you hit) and get an idea of which car you'll be comfortable with... there is no test drive. I didn't see any of the cars I usually prefer driving (Lambo and Lexus are my favorites so far, and I don't mind the Audi), so I chose the Aston V12 after reading that it was easy to control. It turns out that, at the first event, the Aston and I discovered that we don't actually get along, primarily because I'd like it to go around the turns but it would prefer to either just go past them or turn around and go home. Looks like I'm going back to redo the Youngsters test if I want to drive something else (and to try to get gold if I want to drive something I'm already familiar with, since neither of my preferred cars is an option if you're a silver driver, like me).

And when you create your team, I assumed (since I'm going to be on the team) that I was a team mate. So I put my gamer tag in for the first driver spot, and used a made-up name for the second driver spot. Well, it turns out that even though there are only two drivers shown on the screen, there are supposed to be three drivers in total, and the game will use your gamer tag to automatically create one of them. Why are there two drivers displayed and three on the team? I don't know, and so far I don't think Aris has covered that in one of his videos. Adding yourself in one of the two available slots seems to cause some kind of bug because when I got to my first pit stop that required a driver change I navigated down in the MFD screen and... there was no driver available, just a completely empty spot where it looked like a name should be. So, you will be on the team (the coach promised) but don't put your own name down when creating your team.

And, as others have pointed out in this thread, a little voice inside you may say "hey, a race in heavy rain? That would be an ideal time to try out your wet-weather tires". Don't listen to that voice. We don't know yet when those tires will be needed, but it's apparently not in heavy rain.

So, a couple things I've learned (or will have to come back and edit later if it turns out that I think I've learned them but I'm wrong) that may be helpful to others...

When you get to the point of choosing a car for the first phase of your career, there is no option that I could find to back out of that screen to try some of the cars out before deciding (usually on XBOX the "B" will pop you back to the previous screen, but no luck here). So, check out the list of car options in advance (noting which are available depending on which tier you hit) and get an idea of which car you'll be comfortable with... there is no test drive. I didn't see any of the cars I usually prefer driving (Lambo and Lexus are my favorites so far, and I don't mind the Audi), so I chose the Aston V12 after reading that it was easy to control. It turns out that, at the first event, the Aston and I discovered that we don't actually get along, primarily because I'd like it to go around the turns but it would prefer to either just go past them or turn around and go home. Looks like I'm going back to redo the Youngsters test if I want to drive something else (and to try to get gold if I want to drive something I'm already familiar with, since neither of my preferred cars is an option if you're a silver driver, like me).

And when you create your team, I assumed (since I'm going to be on the team) that I was a team mate. So I put my gamer tag in for the first driver spot, and used a made-up name for the second driver spot. Well, it turns out that even though there are only two drivers shown on the screen, there are supposed to be three drivers in total, and the game will use your gamer tag to automatically create one of them. Why are there two drivers displayed and three on the team? I don't know, and so far I don't think Aris has covered that in one of his videos. Adding yourself in one of the two available slots seems to cause some kind of bug because when I got to my first pit stop that required a driver change I navigated down in the MFD screen and... there was no driver available, just a completely empty spot where it looked like a name should be. So, you will be on the team (the coach promised) but don't put your own name down when creating your team.

And, as others have pointed out in this thread, a little voice inside you may say "hey, a race in heavy rain? That would be an ideal time to try out your wet-weather tires". Don't listen to that voice. We don't know yet when those tires will be needed, but it's apparently not in heavy rain.
Even if you get a gold medal for the youngsters test, not all cars are available. I remember the RC-F, 488, and NSX '19 version not being there at least. I think there's 3-4 total that do not appear. And if you score a silver or bronze, even less cars are available (from what I've read from others. I scored a gold medal).

The third driver will appear when you get to the endurance schedule of the career mode. This series begins after the Nurburgring sprint race.

SNAP! :-)) I made exactly the same mistake on my first play through.

So the way it works is you need to create two drivers with *DIFFERENT* individual names to you and each other (obviously). in sprint races there are only two drivers used, you and the first name you created. Endurance has all three.

When choosing a driver at a pit stop your name is *ALWAYS* blank so you need to be aware of that. When racing in the top left of screen is your car number and under that is the current driver name which is either *blank* for you or the first 3 letters of the last name of your created drivers.

So tip: don't create drivers that have the first 3 letters the same ;-)

Confused yet? ;-)

Also not completing a valid pit stop will get you DSQed **BUT** only at the end of the race so make sure on your pit stop you check your pit menu and make sure all three parameters (tyres, fuel, driver) are green. Oh and lastly make sure you only do your pit stop in the "Pit Open" window time frame.

I hope this helps ;-)

Easy, Aston Martin V12 Vantage and 2015 Audi R8 and...I'm stuck. I got to the first 6 hour race (2 hours on the difficulty I'm doing) and...my pit crew keeps replacing my flat tire with another flat tire. I can watch them change tires and they do that, but the game doesn't register the change. It's blacked out. So, it's a bug and the last time it happened I was 40 minutes from the end of the race. So...I'm not progressing until that bug is fixed.

IIRC, Project Cars had a similar bug where the pit crew wouldn't fix your headlights, which made night time fun on some of those endurance races.

Easy, Aston Martin V12 Vantage and 2015 Audi R8 and...I'm stuck. I got to the first 6 hour race (2 hours on the difficulty I'm doing) and...my pit crew keeps replacing my flat tire with another flat tire. I can watch them change tires and they do that, but the game doesn't register the change. It's blacked out. So, it's a bug and the last time it happened I was 40 minutes from the end of the race. So...I'm not progressing until that bug is fixed.

IIRC, Project Cars had a similar bug where the pit crew wouldn't fix your headlights, which made night time fun on some of those endurance races.

Suggestion. Turn damage off ;-)

That's weird. Does it happen with any tire set you select for the stop?

Are you changing the which set of tires they are putting on?

I've found that the endurance races can be incredibly glitchy, especially if you save mid-race.

Seems like AI tends to pit more times than needed, so I always end up substantially ahead after the final stop.

Now I have a situation where I thought my CC reset to 0, but in checking my stats it skyrocketed to 100 :lol:. It won't last but I'll take it!

Anyone care to explain why I can't change my driver during mandatory pit stop ? when I select second driver the stop goes invalid but when puting into blank it's valid ? and obviously still getting dsq'ed for ignoring minimun driving requirement.... any ideas ? and on previous race (1 out of 2) I had my driver selected (and swapped ?) but still didn't looked like it changed at all since my name stayed on the position list ? and got dsq'ed too... bug or what ?

Anyone care to explain why I can't change my driver during mandatory pit stop ? when I select second driver the stop goes invalid but when puting into blank it's valid ?
Blank driver is your gamer tag but it doesn't display properly. That's why it's valid when it's blank, it's your next driver but they don't have a proper name

Blank driver is your gamer tag but it doesn't display properly. That's why it's valid when it's blank, it's your next driver but they don't have a proper name
But still no answer :) how come I couldn't use the driver with his name highlighted then? :)

But still no answer :) how come I couldn't use the driver with his name highlighted then? :)
Because you were probably using him already?
Or its a bug :lol:
I don't know I don't take too much notice of the name selected I just keep changing it until it all goes green

Because you were probably using him already?
Or its a bug :lol:
I don't know I don't take too much notice of the name selected I just keep changing it until it all goes green
I wasn't using him :) I'm not that daft :) two different driver names... And the one that were supposed to be changed when selected the stop were invalid...

I wasn't using him :) I'm not that daft :) two different driver names... And the one that were supposed to be changed when selected the stop were invalid...

Have a look a few posts up as I explained this very carefully. Also if you really think you are doing everything correctly how about post some screen shots?

To try and help you some more tell us the two names (in order of original creation) you have and whether you are doing sprint or endurance races and I (or someone else) will detail it exactly for you :-)

Just one extra thing I have just remembered. In the sprint races you start first race and have first stint. Second race your co-driver starts first and you have second stint. So in second stint you need to swap driver to <blank>. Clear as mud? ;-)

Have a look a few posts up as I explained this very carefully. Also if you really think you are doing everything correctly how about post some screen shots?

To try and help you some more tell us the two names (in order of original creation) you have and whether you are doing sprint or endurance races and I (or someone else) will detail it exactly for you :-)

Just one extra thing I have just remembered. In the sprint races you start first race and have first stint. Second race your co-driver starts first and you have second stint. So in second stint you need to swap driver to <blank>. Clear as mud? ;-)
You mean dirty as mud :) I'll make something to show you what I mean :)

Ok here goes :) Career mode sprint race at Zolder :) main drivers name's gopblyat and team mate 1 (2nd driver) name's Z. Bljadman And about driver difference in each race. As you would see in the video below both races I start as my main driver... Also the stint time doesn't count down ? Any more info needed ? :)

I finally continued my career. started the 24h race at Spa (8 hours with medium length).

After 6 laps I crashed in Raidillon and lost my lead. I rolled back to the pits and decided to make my first official stop with driver swap earlier.
After 60 seconds I could leave the pits again and was in last place. After 2 more stints I finally made it back to 1st place. I don't know why, but career AI is around 3 to 4 seconds slower than me on Spa.

Ok here goes :) Career mode sprint race at Zolder :) main drivers name's gopblyat and team mate 1 (2nd driver) name's Z. Bljadman And about driver difference in each race. As you would see in the video below both races I start as my main driver... Also the stint time doesn't count down ? Any more info needed ? :)

The stint timer is not triggered because you're too far on the right when leaving the pits. you have to go left on the fast lane before leaving pitlane!

With v1.5, Kunos made the stint time trigger less picky so that it shouldn't be a problem anymore. But we got v1.5 only last week on PC (hotfix v1.5.2 today) and you guys get v1.4.x next I think.

The stint timer is not triggered because you're too far on the right when leaving the pits. you have to go left on the fast lane before leaving pitlane!

With v1.5, Kunos made the stint time trigger less picky so that it shouldn't be a problem anymore. But we got v1.5 only last week on PC (hotfix v1.5.2 today) and you guys get v1.4.x next I think.
But why is not triggered at the begining of the race then? :)

Well we got there. So after posting your video we actually got to the bottom of your problem. It had nothing to do with invalid driver changes BUT the "stint timer" not triggering. It was good to see sbtm had the answer for you. I had not come across this problem because I don't think I ever had the first pit box but always further down pit lane and so drove out in the fast lane.

But why is not triggered at the begining of the race then? :)

Because you don't start the race from your pit box but out on the track ;-)

I finally continued my career. started the 24h race at Spa (8 hours with medium length).

After 6 laps I crashed in Raidillon and lost my lead. I rolled back to the pits and decided to make my first official stop with driver swap earlier.
After 60 seconds I could leave the pits again and was in last place. After 2 more stints I finally made it back to 1st place. I don't know why, but career AI is around 3 to 4 seconds slower than me on Spa.
3-4 seconds slower per lap is not fun I would assume? Championship mode you can adjust the AI a lot more than you can in career. I have completely abandoned career and just do championship mode.

Well we got there. So after posting your video we actually got to the bottom of your problem. It had nothing to do with invalid driver changes BUT the "stint timer" not triggering. It was good to see sbtm had the answer for you. I had not come across this problem because I don't think I ever had the first pit box but always further down pit lane and so drove out in the fast lane.

Because you don't start the race from your pit box but out on the track ;-)
Thanks for the help both of you :) well for the tip for now I'll have to test it out later on :) had no idea that something like that would be a cause :)

Has anyone gotten a Gold Medal at Brands Hatch for the wet tyre test yet? I can either get silver or nothing. I have never seen gold or bronze for that matter :-(

Has anyone gotten a Gold Medal at Brands Hatch for the wet tyre test yet? I can either get silver or nothing. I have never seen gold or bronze for that matter :-(
I'll let you know if I won't be dsq'ed from it :D

Interesting trying to land at the right AI level. I chose Regular (seems about right given my experience and skill) but I after doing the first race I was seconds faster than the AI in qualifying, and then in the races themselves got my back end pushed out both times, went into a spin and off the track (once with heavy damage so I had to pit early) and fighting just to get back to the pack, let alone close to the front. I've read about people doing the "last to first" challenge. I haven't tried that, but I've got the "first to last" thing pretty much nailed.

I'm trying to drive cleanly... not sure if I'm taking liberties with my line relative to the people behind me, or if I should turn the AI aggression level down? Can you even do that in career? I want it to be challenging to place well in qualifying, not just get pole every time, but also want to be able to compete during the race. And I'm not at all ruling out that it's more of a skill (me) thing than a settings (ACC) thing... but as I work on learning to drive more cleanly, should I base the level on how I stack up in qualifying, and then learn to drive in the race to the same level? If so, I should have career on Hard so I have to fight for a spot, I think.

Interesting trying to land at the right AI level. I chose Regular (seems about right given my experience and skill) but I after doing the first race I was seconds faster than the AI in qualifying, and then in the races themselves got my back end pushed out both times, went into a spin and off the track (once with heavy damage so I had to pit early) and fighting just to get back to the pack, let alone close to the front. I've read about people doing the "last to first" challenge. I haven't tried that, but I've got the "first to last" thing pretty much nailed.

I'm trying to drive cleanly... not sure if I'm taking liberties with my line relative to the people behind me, or if I should turn the AI aggression level down? Can you even do that in career? I want it to be challenging to place well in qualifying, not just get pole every time, but also want to be able to compete during the race. And I'm not at all ruling out that it's more of a skill (me) thing than a settings (ACC) thing... but as I work on learning to drive more cleanly, should I base the level on how I stack up in qualifying, and then learn to drive in the race to the same level? If so, I should have career on Hard so I have to fight for a spot, I think.

I had problems with the AI hitting me in the rear too on "Agression level 80" so after a tip on here I turned it up to 90 and fixed it. I can race quite cleanly with them now which is a necessity if you want to get your driver ranking up. Believe me, it is a grind to to Platinum, the numbers go up so slowly BUT come down really easily. e.g I lost 5 SA (safety points) for a multiple car pile up. An AI hit me in the rear, I spun and half the field crashed into me :-( That's when I decided to look at how to improve the AI's aggression.

I finished career mode last night, it was a little underwhelming. I got a bronze trophy, and that was that :lol:.

Now I'm moving on to the R8 (from the Bentley). So far this car is a handful, it seems to hate kerbs which is really tricky to adjust to cause the Bentley was the complete opposite.

Latest Posts

Back