Votes: 12 19.0%
  • Normal

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • Hard

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Pro

Votes: 6 9.5%

• Total voters
One thing I have noticed is that I don’t ever seem to suffer from tire wear, even though it’s turned on. I can set fast laps all race long. The best tire wear I have ever seen in a game was nascar heat 4. Towards the end of a run you really had to change your line. I don’t experience that at all in this game. I’ve never played a pc sim, which is why I bring up nascar heat. Heat 4 is excellent in my experience in terms of tire grip going away and having to drive completely different lines.

Regarding AI level... Hard to pick a level for them to test against as its very much dependent on what car you’re using and what track you’re on.

I’ve been trying out some different cars using a 30 minute quick race at Zandvoort, AI at 95/85, starting from the back of the grid (also a good way to get your SA rating up). In some cars I’m blasting through the field and winning (Eg; in the Huracan Evo I won by 18s), others I’m finishing mid pack.

The AI are also better at some tracks than others... eg; At the Hungaroring they are very slow in the middle sector, so pretty easy to win with very high AI level.

If you run high aggression you have to be very careful with overtakes as they will do everything they can to hold on round the outside if you go for a pass on the brakes in to a corner. They will also stick their nose in on the inside of tight turns if you run even slightly wide of the apex... druids at brands is a good example of where they’ll do this... and they will punt you off.

One thing I have noticed is that I don’t ever seem to suffer from tire wear, even though it’s turned on. I can set fast laps all race long. The best tire wear I have ever seen in a game was nascar heat 4. Towards the end of a run you really had to change your line. I don’t experience that at all in this game. I’ve never played a pc sim, which is why I bring up nascar heat. Heat 4 is excellent in my experience in terms of tire grip going away and having to drive completely different lines.
That's weird, my tyres seem to drop off noticeably after say 25 minutes or so. Depending a bit on driving style.

Regarding AI level... Hard to pick a level for them to test against as its very much dependent on what car you’re using and what track you’re on.

I’ve been trying out some different cars using a 30 minute quick race at Zandvoort, AI at 95/85, starting from the back of the grid (also a good way to get your SA rating up). In some cars I’m blasting through the field and winning (Eg; in the Huracan Evo I won by 18s), others I’m finishing mid pack.

The AI are also better at some tracks than others... eg; At the Hungaroring they are very slow in the middle sector, so pretty easy to win with very high AI level.

If you run high aggression you have to be very careful with overtakes as they will do everything they can to hold on round the outside if you go for a pass on the brakes in to a corner. They will also stick their nose in on the inside of tight turns if you run even slightly wide of the apex... druids at brands is a good example of where they’ll do this... and they will punt you off.
This makes it more realistic that the AI are better at some tracks and make me work more just to keep 4th place like last night, I finished 6th. Had a great race though.

If I can remember correctly, you did the career in "short" right? If so, how long is the Barcelona enduro?
I did, which means the Barcelona enduro is an hour-long (the real event is 3 hours).

Anyone could help with a good setup for 911.1 GT3 R for Zolder ? :)

Hard to know where you're losing time to the AI in Q1 given your splits add up to a 1'31.563, not the 1'32.067 on the timing screen :lol:

Could be wrong, but I think 8 is the fastest map for the Porsche.

I though default aggressive was pretty much OK for the Porsche... I think you'll improve more working on your technique than you will through a tune... a lot of the time you do what I'm trying to stop doing... you brake, turn in, then pick up part throttle too early... which causes understeer mid corner and delays when you can go full throttle... it's a hard habit to break, but it's faster to carry more entry speed, let the car rotate off the throttle, and then make one big throttle movement later.

I sued 2nd in turn 2 in the Porsche as I could control the speed and rotation better, and I used 1st on the entry to the chicanes for the same reason. The right hander after the 2nd chicane can be taken flat if you get the line right... there were a couple of laps I noticed you could have gone flat there as you left space on the exit.

Your times will be faster than the vast majority of drivers!!

Hard to know where you're losing time to the AI in Q1 given your splits add up to a 1'31.563, not the 1'32.067 on the timing screen :lol:

Could be wrong, but I think 8 is the fastest map for the Porsche.

I though default aggressive was pretty much OK for the Porsche... I think you'll improve more working on your technique than you will through a tune... a lot of the time you do what I'm trying to stop doing... you brake, turn in, then pick up part throttle too early... which causes understeer mid corner and delays when you can go full throttle... it's a hard habit to break, but it's faster to carry more entry speed, let the car rotate off the throttle, and then make one big throttle movement later.

I sued 2nd in turn 2 in the Porsche as I could control the speed and rotation better, and I used 1st on the entry to the chicanes for the same reason. The right hander after the 2nd chicane can be taken flat if you get the line right... there were a couple of laps I noticed you could have gone flat there as you left space on the exit.

Your times will be faster than the vast majority of drivers!!
Thanks for your advice and honest opinion :) I just went for a practice and managed steady 1:30 with best 1:30.2 :) I'll keep in mind that map setting :) glad I can rely on some people :) so you say it's not bad for someone who's only got 3 weeks exeperience on proper sim then :) anything else I've got is 5 monthd in GT Sport but I'm not even going to compare it :D I can only say it helped me learn how to use the track :) and Zolder track is really new to me :) never driven it before ACC :)

Finally got to start my career today. I'm comfortably in the lead at Zolder on my first race. I go in to pit and get distracted by the menu popping up at the bottom left. I Austin Powers it after hitting a barrier at the left hand side. Then I get a stop-go penalty for speeding in the pit lane, while not knowing where the line was or what speed I should have been going at, and despite the pit limiter being on automatically.

Whoops, I suppose. I think I could absolutely love this game if it had a UI makeover.

Finally got to start my career today. I'm comfortably in the lead at Zolder on my first race. I go in to pit and get distracted by the menu popping up at the bottom left. I Austin Powers it after hitting a barrier at the left hand side. Then I get a stop-go penalty for speeding in the pit lane, while not knowing where the line was or what speed I should have been going at, and despite the pit limiter being on automatically.

Whoops, I suppose. I think I could absolutely love this game if it had a UI makeover.
The speed limiter will only engage in first gear, even the automatic one.

Thanks for your advice and honest opinion :) I just went for a practice and managed steady 1:30 with best 1:30.2 :) I'll keep in mind that map setting :) glad I can rely on some people :) so you say it's not bad for someone who's only got 3 weeks exeperience on proper sim then :) anything else I've got is 5 monthd in GT Sport but I'm not even going to compare it :D I can only say it helped me learn how to use the track :) and Zolder track is really new to me :) never driven it before ACC :)

This guys videos are really good for understanding the impact of picking up partial throttle too early...

This guys videos are really good for understanding the impact of picking up partial throttle too early...

This is a bad habit of mine, immediately after braking sometimes I give a little stab of throttle on corner entry, or I get on throttle too hard mid corner, push wide and then have to lift off when I should be flat.
I need to practise just braking, letting the car settle in the corner, and then picking up the throttle at a time when I know I can just bury it without lifting off again. A lesson from the Jackie Stewart school of driving.

Last edited:
I think some of my habit comes from real life... I had some track tuition many years ago, and the instructor wanted me to get on partial throttle early to settle the rear of the car on exits. His instruction was to then make one gradual increase in throttle from the apex.

I guess if I'd have had more lessons, and got this part nailed, he would have moved on to using the throttle more aggressively to change the rotation of the car.

Of course what works in real life doesn't always work in games...

I think some of my habit comes from real life... I had some track tuition many years ago, and the instructor wanted me to get on partial throttle early to settle the rear of the car on exits. His instruction was to then make one gradual increase in throttle from the apex.

I guess if I'd have had more lessons, and got this part nailed, he would have moved on to using the throttle more aggressively to change the rotation of the car.

TBH when I started playing ACC I was letting the car cruise more often than now... I think it's just my "confidence" overshadows skills at this point :) I need to get back to the drawing board and try to think about what I'm doing instead of just pushing pedals by instinct :)

I did the CAT driver training course at Millbrook and the instructor advised a small amount of throttle settles the car. We did some slalom / double lane change on the high speed bowl and you could definitely feel the car pitching more off throttle and more stable with a little throttle. We then went round the handing track and hills loop to get into the practise of throttle in the corner and accelerating through the bends (quite difficult on the downhill section!). But that was really for roadcraft and driving for vehicle evaluation and consistency rather than racecraft.

Having said that I still think the principle is sound and applies, I just need less throttle than I sometimes use due to the power and stiff suspension of the cars. But in cars like the 911 GT3 from the little I have driven it, I think you can really feel the stabilising effect of a little throttle in corners.
I think that's why I blip the throttle slightly coming into a turn, trying to settle the car on a small throttle opening but just going in a bit too hard by mistake.

Video Screenshot 2020-07-15 20-16-42.png

I think the progress is here :D thanks to your tuition :) I would've 1:29 but ended up in traffic at S3 :(

After several weeks of testing, I settled on AI at 90 and aggression at 70. Now I need to turn on tire wear (apparently it was turned off by my default settings somewhere). Does tire wear affect the AI in the same way as the player, or can they keep up the same lap times as if they’re not struggling for grip later in a run like we are?

Just did the short version of the Spa 24hrs. I don't remember if this was mentioned earlier, yet the maximum driver stint length is shortened to 15mins. In the other enduros, the maximum stint length is 25mins.

I knocked it out in one shot. Ended up winning by 5 laps. 13 pit stops and 90 laps later, I receive no medal... probably because I had a couple of offs. lol.

I'm rockin' the Bentley and I noticed in real time, I had to move the brake bias back 1% every hour. Once daylight broke in the game, I did a brake change as I had to backup the bus stop chicane and turn 1 too much. I was using "level 1" brakes. Did anyone else do a brake change during this event?

Last edited:
I'm rockin' the Bentley and I noticed in real time, I had to move the brake bias back 1% every hour. Once daylight broke in the game, I did a brake change as I had to backup the bus stop chicane and turn 1 too much. I was using "level 1" brakes. Did anyone else do a brake change during this event?
You know brake set 1 are sprint pads? You might have been better off with 2 or even 3 for the endurance race

Pads 1 are für races up to 3 hours but can get very nasty when first wear appears.

Pads 2 last for around 12 hours. Also better in wet conditions than pad 1 or 4

Pads 3 are for 24h races

Pads 4 are very aggressive and good for sprint races

You know brake set 1 are sprint pads? You might have been better off with 2 or even 3 for the endurance race
Yes, yet it doesn't explain if that's in real life time or game time when things are shortened/condensed.

Now I'm aware it's in real time.

Last edited:
After several weeks of testing, I settled on AI at 90 and aggression at 70. Now I need to turn on tire wear (apparently it was turned off by my default settings somewhere). Does tire wear affect the AI in the same way as the player, or can they keep up the same lap times as if they’re not struggling for grip later in a run like we are?
BTW if you set aggression to 100% you're less likely to be rammed by the AI in corners.

Yes, yet it doesn't explain if that's in real life time or game time when things are shortened/condensed.

Now I'm aware it's in real time.
Yeah I don't know why they've done that and not sped up the tyre or brake wear, or fuel consumption. If they keep the same number of mandatory stops it means that you'll sometimes be pitting for no reason if running short option

Something I’m noticing more and more is that it doesn’t appear the AI really do much more than just drive in place so to speak. They are amazing racing against the player and they take multiple lines. When they race against each other, I rarely see them attempt to pass. In my last race I was in 10th from the start, and it took me about 5 laps to get into 9th. I could see the cars ahead of me still bunched up, and I don’t recall even seeing one car try to make a move. Everyone was content to just fill ride around in the position they were in. Anyone else seeing this? I’ll look into it more.

Had my first victory, but it was tainted. 1 hour race at Monza. For some reason, the AI pit 3 times to my 2. It happened on the last stint and I didn’t want to start over, so I took the cheap W. Really unfortunate.

Is it possible to be dsq'ed if you had skipped the team mate names and just running solo ?

Yes, you must change drivers at your pit stop. Also I just skipped through you video and did you actually make a pit stop?

I saw you bring up you pit stop menu so you know where that is ;-) Half way down on the right it will tell you what is required on your stop and *IF* you have selected them correctly it turns green and says valid. So at this race at Zolder a pit stop is mandatory during the pit window (it will tell you at the display top middle screen) and on it you must change driver and tyres BUT not take on fuel. Refuelling only happens in the endurance events.

I hope this helps.

Yes, you must change drivers at your pit stop. Also I just skipped through you video and did you actually make a pit stop?

I saw you bring up you pit stop menu so you know where that is ;-) Half way down on the right it will tell you what is required on your stop and *IF* you have selected them correctly it turns green and says valid. So at this race at Zolder a pit stop is mandatory during the pit window (it will tell you at the display top middle screen) and on it you must change driver and tyres BUT not take on fuel. Refuelling only happens in the endurance events.

I hope this helps.
I already know all of this apart from extra drivers :) but it'll be defo useful to others :) thanks by the way :) so better that I restart my career :)

Back