Votes: 12 19.0%
  • Normal

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • Hard

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Pro

Votes: 6 9.5%

• Total voters
Here's hoping! One of my fears is that my wheel will go dead on me and it will make me want to play more just because I can't use it

Hurry up and try it and we'll keep our fingers crossed that it works for you

Thanks!! Im gonna pick up and extension cord on my way home from work in the morning and I'll test it out. The original is a 2 prong (US 110V) and my new power supply uses a 3 prong so i need a new 3 prong extension cord.

After the issues I had with the NSX last attempt, I've restarted, but this time at hard difficulty. I want to use the Audi in the endurance events, and I don't think I can get silver in the sprint section at Pro - the 2 Hungaroring races are wet at Pro difficulty, and I couldn't get a result there despite a double pole in the dry... meaning only a bronze medal for the series, and no option to take the Audi.

I completed all the sprint races in the McLaren 650S fairly uneventfully... I didn't double pole at Misano, but won one race, and would have won the other but for a half spin in the 2nd race whilst leading comfortably (finished 2nd). The McLaren is a pretty decent car... not as quick as the Audi or Porsche, but easy to drive and pretty forgiving of mistakes.

Finished the season with a gold medal, and as planned, I've taken the Audi for the endurance season.

Ran the Paul Ricard test, still despise the track, but it's a lot easier in the Audi so I managed to gold that with a 2nd place (I'll need to properly work on my pace there before doing any racing). For perspective, as well as have more mid corner grip and more exit traction, the Audi is pulling >283kph at the end of the main straight vs c.277 in the NSX.

Just finished Monza qualifying with 3 1'49's on stock aggressive. Will run the race later.

Last edited:
This post is just for you Stotty (and others) I have just cracked the Brands Hatch wet test. I have settled for Silver as I don't want to waste any more time here.

The trick is the game wants you to lap safely and consistently. As you see by the pic my best time was a 1:35. I certainly can go quicker BUT for the test I wanted to follow the instructions at the start and just lap quickly , safely and consistently. I would say to achieve Gold you will need to be within 0.5sec of all your times. So with intermittent rain and overheating tyres this is the challenge NOT going flat out and getting an alien time ;-) I hope this helps. OH one more thing it also looks like you need to do the last lap at pace while the clock ticks down.

Medal.jpg
Times.jpg

This post is just for you Stotty (and others) I have just cracked the Brands Hatch wet test. I have settled for Silver as I don't want to waste any more time here.

The trick is the game wants you to lap safely and consistently. As you see by the pic my best time was a 1:35. I certainly can go quicker BUT for the test I wanted to follow the instructions at the start and just lap quickly , safely and consistently. I would say to achieve Gold you will need to be within 0.5sec of all your times. So with intermittent rain and overheating tyres this is the challenge NOT going flat out and getting an alien time ;-) I hope this helps. OH one more thing it also looks like you need to do the last lap at pace while the clock ticks down.

View attachment 939414 View attachment 939415
Well there you go. I just did this tonight and didn't get any medals which I thought was strange as thought I drove well enough. Anyway, can't be bothered repeating it now, on to the race!

The trick is the game wants you to lap safely and consistently. As you see by the pic my best time was a 1:35. I certainly can go quicker BUT for the test I wanted to follow the instructions at the start and just lap quickly , safely and consistently. I would say to achieve Gold you will need to be within 0.5sec of all your times. So with intermittent rain and overheating tyres this is the challenge NOT going flat out and getting an alien time ;-)

Did you change tyres halfway through? My engineer advised it was time to change to slicks after 4-5 mins as my wets were overheating so transported back to the pits for slicks on a safe set up, and spent the rest of the trying trying to push with to get some temperature into the tyres (unsuccessfully). But somehow ended up with a silver despite playing it pretty safe

View attachment 939414 View attachment 939415

Nice one 👍

I had don a stint with all clean laps, but obviously not close enough on time!

Did you change tyres halfway through? My engineer advised it was time to change to slicks after 4-5 mins as my wets were overheating so transported back to the pits for slicks on a safe set up, and spent the rest of the trying trying to push with to get some temperature into the tyres (unsuccessfully). But somehow ended up with a silver despite playing it pretty safe

No I did not change tyres but what you said sort of blows my theory about consistency. It would be nice to have your laptime summary so we could see exactly what you did.

I didn't use wets at all, just dry tyres from the start and pretty consistent clean laps I thought, but no medal. Another thing that bugs me about this game is there's no way to go back and review your lap times after you've finished an event (and most of the time my fastest laps are not saved in the main menu)

Its time to race!!!!

My local Micro Center had these in stock for the correct price ($200) so i had to snatch them up.

Im so excited to try them out. Probably wont be until tomorrow morning after work unfortunately.

Got them mounted and ready to go. I moved them over to the left since i do not use the clutch. I set them up with the gray spring and a red spring with 1 washer to reduce the initial dead zone.

Pics for fun, career mode shall commence!

Attachments

• 20200710_192707.jpg
    20200710_192707.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 20200710_193341.jpg
    20200710_193341.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 20200710_202544.jpg
    20200710_202544.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 20200710_202555.jpg
    20200710_202555.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 30
I ran both the Monza and Silverstone 1hr events yesterday.

Monza
3 x 1'49's in qualifying left me comfortably on pole (best of 1'49.2).

Race was going well until towards the end of the 2nd stint, where I lost the rear on the exit of Lesmo 2, saved it, only to just catch the grass and spin in to the wall. Rejoined, with a seriously depleted lead, and with 13s of damage (bodywork, not suspension). Had to quickly decide whether to fix the car or not, so ran 2 more laps to see what the damage had done to the lap times... c.1.5s a lap slower, so much of a muchness... if I fixed the damage it would cost me about the same as what I'd lose a lap over the remainder of the race without fixing... but I'd give up track position (at least 3 places), and I tend to run more consistent laps when leading.

Pitted without fixing and rejoined with a 3s lead. Then proceeded to run a series of laps that were probably as consistent as I've run in the game to date. The lap delta was never more than 0.2 difference across the next 8 laps (corner by corner), and my CN shot up from 87 to 95.

Won by 2.8s.

Silverstone
Despite running what I thought were only OK qualifying laps (2'00.0xx average), I had pole by over 1s.

The 5 minute practice session was the only experience I had in the Audi here, so my pace quickly improved in the race (to low 1'58's) and I built a comfortable lead over the 1st stint. Got a bit too confident in the 2nd stint, started chasing lap times... I didn't learn from a couple of near misses, and then had a massive spin trying to carry 5th gear through the Maggotts right hander. Rejoined just behind 2nd place, with red hot tyres and 1st place another 4s up the road. Took a lap for the tyres to get back to normal, then passed 2nd, chased down 1st, and retook the lead with an inside move in to Copse.

Lesson learnt, I was a bit more careful on the final stint, and came home with a >10s win.

So far, I'd say the AI is a lot less competitive in endurance races c.f sprints... or the Audi is super OP. I'd have more challenge at Pro level, I think.

So I reverted to the Ferrari and I am much more consistent, no longer live in fear of spinning out.

Also getting the hand of wet weather driving too.

Some pit lanes are horrible though and I can ruin a great race but losing so much time in pit entry. The practise time is not enough on a 'short's season to practise pit lane entry.
Also the AI seem to have their pit stops done a good 3/4 quicker than mine, I think I read it's because I have the engine ignition on auto so need to play around with this and change it but I am already out of buttons on my steering wheel i can configure it too :banghead:

Finished the Paul Ricard endurance last night. I did around 1:57.5 in each qualifying, about 0.5-1s faster than AI, IIRC. Race start was uneventful, I kept and increased my lead over the first 15 mins and decided it was time to take a break :P. Saved my game and continued the race hours later.

When I came back I really struggled to get any decent lap times, losing a lot of time to the AI in 2nd. However, I don't think I ever lost my lead at any point, even during my pit stop. The AI must have done an extra pit stop or something, to be so far behind. I was doing only 1:58.5s when the AI was doing low 1:57s, but I was still comfortably in the lead.

After my second pit stop I was on 100% new tires and now had no trouble going faster. My first fast lap was a 1:57.0, followed by some high 1:56s. After another pit stop I was doing 1:56.5-1:56.8 consistently, unless there was any traffic. Penultimate lap was my fastest, 1:56.253. Lapped the whole field in this race :boggled:

A (dark) video of my fastest lap:

Pretty annoyed I didn't get any medal from this race. In fact, I haven't gotten any medals after the Nurburgring race, it would be nice to know what's going on... :rolleyes:

After some quick races today I'm getting pretty close to being a Platinum driver now.

Almu89_AssettoCorsaCompetizione_20200711_09-07-31.png

anyone managed to keep or even grow their car control at brands? I'm finding with all the elevation changes my car is sliding a lot if i want to keep any sort of pace, i dropped from a CC of 74 to like a 67 for one 40min race (OK with a few spins and restarts along the way!!)

Not a career mode question, has anyone tried championship mode. I was going to start one tonight but when getting to the choose car screen was only presented with 5 car make options to choose from

Is this mode locked to the very first lambo academy results as well ?
If you do a custom championship you get to choose any car. If you select one of the official 2018/2019 ones you're limited to (I assume) just those cars that took part in those years.

I prefer doing custom as when I get to Paul Ricard I can choose a 10 min race instead of a longer one haha

Last edited:
Since i got my wheel fixed and the new pedals installed i resumed my career mode.

Im in the middle of the Paul Ricard enduro.

But when i resume my mid race save there is always a lot of vibration in the wheels. Like excessive. Its never like this normally.

Its almost unplayable due to the vibrations. I dont know whats going. I might have to restart the race and do it all in one go when i have time.

Nice - How many races in career mode?
IF I remember its around 8, with a few test sessions in between. The races are a mix of sprints and endurance events, so range in length (I went for short) from 25 minutes to four hours.

Career...

Monza driver test, dry, Hurracan
Monza driver test, wet, Hurracan
Monza driver test, night, Hurracan

Sprint Races (with various test sessions in between)
Zolder
Brands Hatch
Misano
Hungaroring
Nurburgring GP

Endurance Races (with various test sessions in between)
Monza
Silverstone
Paul Ricard
Spa

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did the Paul Ricard event yesterday. Got pole with a couple of 57's and a low 58.

Built a decent lead only to have a massive spin in the fast right at the end of the straight, dropping 6 places in the process. Got back up to 3rd, but despite running 57's and the odd high 56, I was making little progress on the leader (his pace improved significantly when he took the lead). However, the AI somehow ended up taking 1 more pit stop then I did so I won comfortably in the end. Fastest lap was a low 56. After 3 hours I understand the track a lot better, but the final sector is still a bit of a mystery. Oh, and no event medal?

Just the Spa 24h to go now.

Took a break from career to have a proper go at the Spa special event in the 991GT3R... I'd tried this one previously, but couldn't get through Eau Rouge without spinning. Found a PC tune on line, and with some modifications, I ended up with a decent handling Porsche... it's still a bit sketchy through Eau Rouge (it took me A LOT of attempts to complete a clean 25m hotstint :lol:) but it's possible flat even on cold tyres lap 1. My clean run was far from perfect (at least another 6s), but was still good enough for 30th place on the leaderboard. I was hoping my pace stat would shoot up (30th place is top 1%) to help off set the battering it took from all the failed attempts (CC81/CN87 :scared:), but it only went up to 88, so I'm currently languishing at 8,578pts... must do better!

Career...

Monza driver test, dry, Hurracan
Monza driver test, wet, Hurracan
Monza driver test, night, Hurracan

Sprint Races (with various test sessions in between)
Zolder
Brands Hatch
Misano
Hungaroring
Nurburgring GP

Endurance Races (with various test sessions in between)
Monza
Silverstone
Paul Ricard
Spa

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did the Paul Ricard event yesterday. Got pole with a couple of 57's and a low 58.

Built a decent lead only to have a massive spin in the fast right at the end of the straight, dropping 6 places in the process. Got back up to 3rd, but despite running 57's and the odd high 56, I was making little progress on the leader (his pace improved significantly when he took the lead). However, the AI somehow ended up taking 1 more pit stop then I did so I won comfortably in the end. Fastest lap was a low 56. After 3 hours I understand the track a lot better, but the final sector is still a bit of a mystery. Oh, and no event medal?

Just the Spa 24h to go now.

Took a break from career to have a proper go at the Spa special event in the 991GT3R... I'd tried this one previously, but couldn't get through Eau Rouge without spinning. Found a PC tune on line, and with some modifications, I ended up with a decent handling Porsche... it's still a bit sketchy through Eau Rouge (it took me A LOT of attempts to complete a clean 25m hotstint :lol:) but it's possible flat even on cold tyres lap 1. My clean run was far from perfect (at least another 6s), but was still good enough for 30th place on the leaderboard. I was hoping my pace stat would shoot up (30th place is top 1%) to help off set the battering it took from all the failed attempts (CC81/CN87 :scared:), but it only went up to 88, so I'm currently languishing at 8,578pts... must do better!
You need to add in Barcelona-Catalunya after Spa.

You need to add in Barcelona-Catalunya after Spa.

Ah, I would have thought Spa 24h would be the final one given it’s the pinnacle of GT3 endurance racing (well, alongside LeMans).

So I have 2 left!

Ah, I would have thought Spa 24h would be the final one given it’s the pinnacle of GT3 endurance racing (well, alongside LeMans).

So I have 2 left!
I thought the same, only for it to pop up when I finished Spa.

Did anyone get a medal from the Silverstone ECU test? I ran it yesterday and didn't receive a medal. I have a feeling I should have swapped to dry tires at some point, yet I didn't see a dry line developing on the track.

Did anyone get a medal from the Silverstone ECU test? I ran it yesterday and didn't receive a medal. I have a feeling I should have swapped to dry tires at some point, yet I didn't see a dry line developing on the track.

I had quite a few goes at this yesterday and only managed bronze... can't work it out. Some attempts it says wet tyres, some it starts on wets and then says dry tyres after a few laps, other times it says dry tyres from the start... I think the way to do it is keep restarting until you get dry tyres from the start, then you want to be on perfect dry tyres (pressures), and starting a lap just before the counter finishes the session... so the track is as dry as it's going to be.

I don't remember my best lap time exactly, but pretty sure I ran a 2'02 on one run and binned a much faster following lap I'd started just before the session ended. Gave up in frustration at not knowing what I was expected to be doing.

Finished my 2nd brands sprint race today, finished 3rd despite a crap pitstop and a few times overshooting the braking point on turn 3 the first lefthander.
Onto Misano, for the wet tyre test. Seemed completely pointless as they overheat after a lap and the test doesn't force you into using wets so I just put slicks on and got an easy gold despite only learning the track over the weekend

Last edited:
Playing at 88 opponent AI (70 aggression) is the sweet spot for me. I use a controller and I’m a pretty subpar racer compared to the times I see posted on here. I qualified 3rd, 2nd and 5th at Zolder. Started 4th I believe (30 minute race). I ended up finishing in 2nd, with the leader 18 seconds ahead. I might start over and just change the AI to 92 and aggression to 75, but it’s nice to be able to find a sweet spot. I had some of the best racing of my life in that 30 minute race. I have never played a console game where you are within 2s of the driver ahead and that goes on for 5 laps at a time, but that’s what I’m getting from this game and it’s all I have ever wanted. The frame rate doesn’t bother me as much anymore. My only concern is the lack of tracks. A few of them I absolutely loathe (Silverstone, Brands and Paul Ricard). Well worth the $40, even considering all that.

Playing at 88 opponent AI (70 aggression) is the sweet spot for me. I use a controller and I’m a pretty subpar racer compared to the times I see posted on here. I qualified 3rd, 2nd and 5th at Zolder. Started 4th I believe (30 minute race). I ended up finishing in 2nd, with the leader 18 seconds ahead. I might start over and just change the AI to 92 and aggression to 75, but it’s nice to be able to find a sweet spot. I had some of the best racing of my life in that 30 minute race. I have never played a console game where you are within 2s of the driver ahead and that goes on for 5 laps at a time, but that’s what I’m getting from this game and it’s all I have ever wanted. The frame rate doesn’t bother me as much anymore. My only concern is the lack of tracks. A few of them I absolutely loathe (Silverstone, Brands and Paul Ricard). Well worth the $40, even considering all that.

When i tested in qualifying, for every 1 click of difficulty, the ai improved about 0.4s

Back