• Normal

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • Hard

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Pro

Votes: 6 9.5%

• Total voters
Interesting glitch at Spa.

As you only have time for an out lap and one qualifying lap within 5 minutes, if you are the first over the line your in pole regardless of the time you set.

As when you press to confirm you’ve finished no one else has crossed the line with a valid lap time!

View attachment 938199

I did already mention this earlier but it nice that someone else has confirmed it :-) But when you go to qualifying results you will then see that the Ai have set times.

Also don't forget my tips for the race, do not get a drive through penalty as the pit exit will kill you ;-) And if you have trouble at night because you have poor vision (like me) turn the driving line on.

Can you restart the game from scratch with no driver ratings? Will it wipe my times from the special event leaderboards if I do?

Only asking these questions because once some updates come out to fix most of the issues I would want to start from the beginning.

I did already mention this earlier but it nice that someone else has confirmed it :-) But when you go to qualifying results you will then see that the Ai have set times.

Also don't forget my tips for the race, do not get a drive through penalty as the pit exit will kill you ;-) And if you have trouble at night because you have poor vision (like me) turn the driving line on.
Odd mine carried right on to the final qualifying results, started me on pole.

Just heading into the night (saved at around an hour of the four-hour duration) so will keep in mind about the line if I need it, I already see what you mean about the pit times, missed my marker and it cost me first place due to the length of the pit lane, its massive.

I finished the short races for my career, and will be beginning the endurance races this week.

I finished the first half ranked "silver" with some 90,6XX points. I received gold medals for each weekend and test, except for the wet Brand Hatch test (bronze medal).

For those that have finished with a gold medal for the first half (or higher?), were the other cars available (488, RC-F, 720S, etc)? I ended up switching from the 2018 GT-R to the 2018 Bentley.

I received gold medals for each weekend and test, except for the wet Brand Hatch test (bronze medal).

Do you remember roughly what time you got at Brands to get silver, what difficulty you're playing on, and how you approached it (wet/dry tyres)?

I can't work out how to medal it!

Do you remember roughly what time you got at Brands to get silver, what difficulty you're playing on, and how you approached it (wet/dry tyres)?

I was in the 1:27:XXX range on my second attempt, yet binned it on my way to Pilgrim's Drop due to a puddle of water I missed. lol. So, I did this test three times.

I used the default wet setup as a base, then adjusted tire pressures, alignment, aero, lower the rear ARB, lower the preload on the diff, and added double the amount of fuel just to have more stability. You will need wet tires as there are puddles of water (unlike Misano where you can use dry tires and dry setup).

I'm on "normal" difficulty. The game suggested it, even though I received gold medals for each of my rookie tests. Now after experiencing the sprint races, I should have chosen "hard."

Last edited:
I was in the 1:27:XXX range on my second attempt, yet binned it on my way to Pilgrim's Drop due to a puddle of water I missed. lol. So, I did this test three times.

I used the default wet setup as a base, then adjusted tire pressures, alignment, aero, lower the rear ARB, lower the preload on the diff, and added double the amount of fuel just to have more stability. You will need wet tires as there are puddles of water (unlike Misano where you can use dry tires and dry setup).

I'm on "normal" difficulty. The game suggested it, even though I received gold medals for each of my rookie tests. Now after experiencing the sprint races, I should have chosen "hard."

1'27xxx?1

A good lap in optimum dry conditions is only 4 seconds quicker than that, and an alien lap is only a high 22... I have a 32.2, which I thought was pretty good in the wet :lol:

I must not be pushing hard enough.

Edit

I just had another go and got down to a 31.8... a high 30 might be doable if I nailed the 2nd or 3rd lap out of the pits (the tyres get a bit hot after that), but I've no idea where another 3+ seconds is :lol:

I'm getting poles and winning races at Pro difficulty.

Edit 2

Got down to a 31.4, but no medal. @alx42 I think your 1'27.xxx might be a time from the following sprint event. I just ran qualifying for that in the McLaren 650, and hit high 25's (which would be about right for me for me on stock set up vs Alien best laps with no fuel/tyre wear/opt track/optimised set up) . There's no way it's possible for someone to be only 2s slower in the previous wet test event than in dry qualifying.

I think the wet test at Brands is bugged... the blurb talks about a rubbered in track surface... which wouldn't make sense for a wet test as a rubbered track would be slower if it was wet. I think this test should be dry.

Last edited:
I started my championship and did 1 of the 2 races. I saved and went to bed. Today when I went on to do race 2, race 1 progress wasn’t saved and it had me completely start the race weekend over. This game has a lot of game breaking bugs like this. I’m not going to devote time to this if it can just delete my progress without any warning. Sad, really.

yay my saved game worked ok, restarted from just before my pitstop. However i lost the info about valid or invalid elements both before and after the stop so i just had to hope i had the driver change correct.
I also lost my split info on lap time, it just went red and counted the full lap time, at least until i did a new fast lap then it worked OK again, i guess it forgot my exact car position around the previous fast lap.

Anyway, onto Brands wet test. My wet tyres overheated and my slicks were too cold so struggled to get a good time and ended up demoted from gold at Zolder to silver. Hope the AI are ok at Brands as i got 2nd and 1st at Zolder

Continued my Paul Ricard enduro today but the car felt very weird. A lot of front jacking going into turn 5. The sharp right hander after the first chicane. So i stopped playing. Turning right also felt different than turning left.

Then a get an Amazon package with my new Noctua fan for my t300rs.

I proceed to start installing it right away as my original fan has started making some noise on start up.

Get it all installed and go to test it. I left the top cover off.

I plug in the usb cord then the power cord. Which greets me with a nice little spark inside the wheel. Right where the power plug connects to the circuit board.

Fml.

Now the wheel doesn't work. I've never had an issue until this. ****ing ****** ass lowest bidder ****.

Continued my Paul Ricard enduro today but the car felt very weird. A lot of front jacking going into turn 5. The sharp right hander after the first chicane. So i stopped playing. Turning right also felt different than turning left.

Then a get an Amazon package with my new Noctua fan for my t300rs.

I proceed to start installing it right away as my original fan has started making some noise on start up.

Get it all installed and go to test it. I left the top cover off.

I plug in the usb cord then the power cord. Which greets me with a nice little spark inside the wheel. Right where the power plug connects to the circuit board.

Fml.

Now the wheel doesn't work. I've never had an issue until this. ****ing ****** ass lowest bidder ****.
Wow, that’s a bad break, worse than bad. I’d be so frustrated.

Sorry man

Wow, that’s a bad break, worse than bad. I’d be so frustrated.

Sorry man

Doing my due diligence now on YouTube and found some good videos. I think its a power supply or one of those little black things on the circuit board. Gonna have my dad help me solder some stuff later and see whats what

Question: Has anyone gotten the "Hammer Time" bonus for any race yet? It says it is for 100% valid laps. So an invalid lap is when your laptime goes "red". So *IF* you complete a race with 100% green times shouldn't you expect the bonus?

The reason I am asking is after my first career play through I never got it and I am in the process of doing it again. So the aim is to gold the career (which I didn't first time). After the first play through I never got the hammer time bonus once. This time I am being very careful and it still wont happen. The first race at Zolder I did 100% clean laps plus made sure there were always two wheels inside the white line just to make sure and it still didn't get awarded. Now having said that I have clearly exceeded track limits in the past e.g Paul Ricard the corner at end of main straight and the lap time stays green. Also just watch the AI take that turn!!! (cheats, all of them)

Further to this, as I have stated before about this game being a "bugfest", it happened again. The game told me I had won by a whole lap when in actual fact it was only about 23secs. Before anyone questions this in a 10 lap race at Zolder with one pitstop it is very easy to keep track ;-) On the first play through the game even awarded the y for lapping the whole field (which I didn't).

I am working on this now as well. First career I golded it first attempt. I have just had two goes now and missed out due to an off each time. I don't think it has anything to do with an actual laptime. I think what it is expecting us to do is lap cleanly and improve on you laptime every lap until the finish. I am going to try this theory next. Start slow(ish) and build up by a second or so every lap. e.g be consistent, clean and improve

I will let you know how I go

Question: Has anyone gotten the "Hammer Time" bonus for any race yet? It says it is for 100% valid laps. So an invalid lap is when your laptime goes "red". So *IF* you complete a race with 100% green times shouldn't you expect the bonus?
No, the laptime doesn't have to get "red" in races to be invalid. It's enough that a cut detection message pops up with "no time gained". That's an invalid lap but without a punishment.

I got it at Zolder, yet never received it again. Granted I thought I had 100% clean laps at Misano and Nurburgring, yet I didn't get it there either. So, I'm not 100% sure what the limits are for this achievement.

Just won Silverstone endurance race, but didn't get any kind of session medal. Is there no medal rewarded at all or am I supposed to do magic tricks or something to get one?

Stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway:

For endurance races, I'm guessing there isn't an option to save and return to the race like some of the older Gran Turismo games? I want to do a full Blancpain season, just not sure I want to do a 24 hour race all at once. Might just leave the ps4 on as an alternative but I don't love that idea.

For endurance races, I'm guessing there isn't an option to save and return to the race like some of the older Gran Turismo games? I want to do a full Blancpain season, just not sure I want to do a 24 hour race all at once. Might just leave the ps4 on as an alternative but I don't love that idea.
You can save mid race

You can save from the pause menu

The Ferrari is my goto car but just recently I re-tried the MCLaren 650S and really clicked with it, so I decided to use it for my new career.
But...after the first race on Zolder my CC (Car Control) went from 91 to 85 for some reason. Aside from two off-track incidents I can't really understand why, but I'm thinking I might inadvertently be overdriving the car.

Will start at new career with the 488 and see if I fare better.

Only 50 minutes of the final career race at Spa left after last night stint, the 650 is a little battered but still running in first with a lap in hand now.

The night was fun.
spa night 3.jpg

The Ferrari is my goto car but just recently I re-tried the MCLaren 650S and really clicked with it, so I decided to use it for my new career.
But...after the first race on Zolder my CC (Car Control) went from 91 to 85 for some reason. Aside from two off-track incidents I can't really understand why, but I'm thinking I might inadvertently be overdriving the car.

Will start at new career with the 488 and see if I fare better.

You can't pick the 488 for career... it's not an option.

I'm using the McLaren for my 3rd attempt at the career. For me, it's around a second a lap slower than the Audi, but it handles pretty decently. One thing I noticed compared to the Porsche and Audi is I was initially sliding it a lot more... the edge of grip for the front tyres doesn't feel as well defined, and it's fairly forgiving, so it's very easy to over drive it. But after 2 rounds (Zolder and Brands), I improved my CC from low 80's to 90, and my CN to mid 90's (both had been destroyed at the end of my previous career attempt - a combination of Hungaroring in the wet, and trying to push the NSX to a decent lap time at Paul Ricard).

oh how I love night racing...

20200709200524_1.jpg

Finished Paul Ricard 6h now on 1st place. I had the tire pressure under control and everything went alright.
Overall medal was Silver at first but now it went down to Bronze. But every stat went up.

Fastest lap in the race was Lap #105 with a 1:56.850 . During the second half of the race I made one mid to low 1:57 after the other.
But a bit disappointing that I never had rain in any of the races. Now the last one in Spa is next, I hope I'll get some different weather during the race.

Hey there.

On my side, I decided to start the normal length career mode on hard difficulty and with the Porsche.

Not sure if they are bugs but I've finished DSQ 2 races in a row (Nurburgring races iirc) cause the game decided that my pit was not OK even though I did it correctly like I did in all previous races.
Also, when mid season starts (at Monza), there are now 3 Q. So I've decided to skip quali after getting a good lap in each (all 3 were pole laps actually in the 1'50).
But the game decided give me the last place at the start of the 2 hours race.

Did you guys experienced the same things?

So I've decided to skip quali after getting a good lap in each (all 3 were pole laps actually in the 1'50).
But the game decided give me the last place at the start of the 2 hours race.
I think quit qually means quit the whole session rather than skip the remaining time (which would be much more useful).

I hit quit once and it sent me to the back so since then I've just waited for the time to count down which is a bit annoying. There should definitely be a fast forward option.

Is there a minimum drive time for each driver during enduro races?

I just finished Monza (short = 60 minutes) on two stops. The first two drivers going 9 laps each, then my final driver going the rest of the way. The Stint clock turned yellow on my final two laps, yet the race time limit was about 2 mins shorter.

Is there a minimum drive time for each driver during enduro races?

I just finished Monza (short = 60 minutes) on two stops. The first two drivers going 9 laps each, then my final driver going the rest of the way. The Stint clock turned yellow on my final two laps, yet the race time limit was about 2 mins shorter.

I believe its a 25min stint length limit

I think i got my wheel fixed. I find out tomorrow since im about to go to work here. Replaced the thrustmaster power supply with a 24v 6amp power supply from Amazon.

I think i got my wheel fixed. I find out tomorrow since im about to go to work here. Replaced the thrustmaster power supply with a 24v 6amp power supply from Amazon.
Here's hoping! One of my fears is that my wheel will go dead on me and it will make me want to play more just because I can't use it

Hurry up and try it and we'll keep our fingers crossed that it works for you

Back