Cars can wheelie yay or nay

Only if the car you're doing it in can do it in real life, or in other words, if they include high-powered drag racers.

Wheelies are part of racing so yes they should be included. Obviously nothing too outrageous but if your in a drag tuned stripped out Muscle Car with stupid amounts of power and torque then a wheelie should be possible. Maybe PD could even add wheelie bars to GT Auto?

NFSCARBON1
Wheelies are part of racing so yes they should be included. Obviously nothing too outrageous but if your in a drag tuned stripped out Muscle Car with stupid amounts of power and torque then a wheelie should be possible. Maybe PD could even add wheelie bars to GT Auto?

Yea not wheelies that will flip your car cause you would then have to add weight to the front of the car which would lead to less traction just to keep the front wheels on the ground

They don't need to 'add' wheelies, they just need to improve the physics engine so that they occur if they should do.

PD would likely need to produce a devoted drag strip for any drag racing-wheelies to make sense; As well as drag slicks (?)

And on that stripped out muscle car; PD likes to make every car they re-produce into something you can drive 'round a circuit despite being optimized for something else (D1GP cars for example). They might water it down for use in circuits (for some odd reason...)

Also: A drag car, from my understanding, would need massive rear or front traction depending on where the drive wheels are, therefore conceding the use of larger tyres. PD *might* forget about tyre width if they stick to constant grip for whatever tyres you use, like they did with GT5. They would need to fix the tyre situation, as well as factor in tyre width (Perhaps adjustable?:sly:)

You're allowed to disagree with anything stated here; nothing's set in stone about GT6 anyway.

What was wrong with the Speed 12?
It could do a really big wheelie at high speeds and this dramatically increased acceleration and topspeed.

If tuned properly for tunnel drag it hit speeds above 260mph this way. (But the tunnel is only 3000m long and it didn't do a wheelie the whole way cause the uphill part ruined the wheelie. If SSRX were available at that time, I'm sure it could have been able to beat a veyron there.)

The 'wheelie glitch' has been in a few GT games (afaik it originated in GT3). If a car did that in real life it would flip up into the air. However that is not the same sort of wheelie this thread is on about, as it is more like a half flip than a wheelie.

Also I just remembered that real wheelies are possible in GT5, but you need the right set up, the right car and SRF turned on to do it.

I can think of a 1,000 other things before I'd worry about wheelies

Not really, wheelies are the results of the physics engine being done right. They should be in the game even if they serve no purpose at all.

This thread is basically asking "Do you want GT6 to have good physics?"

The 'wheelie glitch' has been in a few GT games (afaik it originated in GT3). If a car did that in real life it would flip up into the air. However that is not the same sort of wheelie this thread is on about, as it is more like a half flip than a wheelie.

Also I just remembered that real wheelies are possible in GT5, but you need the right set up, the right car and SRF turned on to do it.

The wheelie glitch is ridiculous. I don't even know how the physics engine makes that happen. Probably because the aero model breaks when the car reaches certain orientations and then craziness breaks loose.

LiveSideways
Why do one in an Enzo they are ment for the circuit people who drag them are just afraid of losing

Sarcasm my friend. Wheelies in any car are silly.

Not really, wheelies are the results of the physics engine being done right. They should be in the game even if they serve no purpose at all.

This thread is basically asking "Do you want GT6 to have good physics?"

The wheelie glitch is ridiculous. I don't even know how the physics engine makes that happen. Probably because the aero model breaks when the car reaches certain orientations and then craziness breaks loose.

It seems GT's physics do not take into account underbody aero so when the car gets to the point it would normally flip, in GT it's happy to just sit at a 45 degree angle and keep driving. Really the bottom of the car should act like the wing of a plane at that point and lift the car and flip it.

i'd say if they add the proper tuning capabilities it should be possible but you'd need the right amount of torque, HP, weight, traction ...

if they allow cars to do wheelies they need to include drag racing parts such as drag radials, drag slicks, wheelie bars, the capability to convert you're car to a funny car class, outlaw class..., a transmission that allows you to choose how many gears you'll have ... but these cars (funny car, outlaw...) could only run on the drag strip.

Back