Cars in GT6 that has PS4-Ready graphics.

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 664 comments
*Bad AI =/= bad racing game (because any AI will always suck compared to a human opponent)
Strawman argument. Perfect replication isn't the standard to compare to, "better" is the goal. Every other game, including recent games on the PS3, have more competitive, more life like AI. GT's own AI has proven it can be much more competitive, recent experiments with BSpec also prove this. But PD programs in severe rubber banding into the career mode, which even if the AI were competitive, would ruin the experience for all but the most casual player.

*Bad online players and kids who mess around =/= bad racing game.
The dominance of cruise/drag/drift lobbies and racing on F1 qualifying tires is GT online outside of the comical and arcade Quick Match. That is the crowd that is attracted to the online portion of the game. Organized leagues are not a unique feature to GT as they are organized outside the game and are an option in any game.

*Players with bad connections/lag/delay =/= bad racing game.
Except this doesn't seem to be an issue on other games, including racing games. Whether it's netcode or servers or just too much information crammed into the game to be handled by the PS3 online doesn't matter to me. It's a problem that plagues the GT series and not other games on the PS3 for the most part, in my experience.

And dont quote me, I'll resume the ignore
Be my guest.:cheers:

Except this doesn't seem to be an issue on other games, including racing games. Whether it's netcode or servers or just too much information crammed into the game to be handled by the PS3 online doesn't matter to me. It's a problem that plagues the GT series and not other games on the PS3 for the most part, in my experience.

I should point out that this is an issue on GTA Online as well, both for PS3 and PS4. Since GTA and GT6 are both massive, methinks it's an issue with the amount of info that's being passed through, so take that for what you will.

In any case, I think the thread has already gotten far enough off-topic, so I'll take the plunge and say that I think the Lambo Countach is more than ready to be ported over to PS4. Hopefully if they do retain the "standard/premium" system in GT7 they'll make the PS3 models the standards and the PS4 ones the premiums.

In any case, I think the thread has already gotten far enough off-topic, so I'll take the plunge and say that I think the Lambo Countach is more than ready to be ported over to PS4. Hopefully if they do retain the "standard/premium" system in GT7 they'll make the PS3 models the standards and the PS4 ones the premiums.
IMO every single premium is already ready for the PS4. Some are better than others of course, but they are all "good enough" for the PS4, no question about it. As I've said many times, the gains made in adding 100,000 polygons when you are starting with 10,000 are startling. Adding 100,000 on top of 300,000 is very little gain and only something you'll notice in photomode and certainly not in game, on track, while racing. I'd rather the game be designed from the ground up with a focus on gameplay and immersion and let the polygons fall where they may. 40-50 cars on track for the tracks that can handle it is a must. Upgraded and realistic sounds is a must. A much more accurate physics/tire model is a must. AI that can be as fast as me is a must. 60fps is a must. There is much more, but if they can do that with 500k polygons, great, wonderful best selling game ever. If not, I'd rather compromises be made in favour of gameplay and immersion, rather than pretty cars in game.

IMO every single premium is already ready for the PS4. Some are better than others of course, but they are all "good enough" for the PS4, no question about it. As I've said many times, the gains made in adding 100,000 polygons when you are starting with 10,000 are startling. Adding 100,000 on top of 300,000 is very little gain and only something you'll notice in photomode and certainly not in game, on track, while racing. I'd rather the game be designed from the ground up with a focus on gameplay and immersion and let the polygons fall where they may. 40-50 cars on track for the tracks that can handle it is a must. Upgraded and realistic sounds is a must. A much more accurate physics/tire model is a must. AI that can be as fast as me is a must. 60fps is a must. There is much more, but if they can do that with 500k polygons, great, wonderful best selling game ever. If not, I'd rather compromises be made in favour of gameplay and immersion, rather than pretty cars in game.

Many have been sucked in with these pretty cars, it adds to the immersion and gameplay, that closer to reality syndrome that's plaguing the genre as I type.

Many have been sucked in with these pretty cars, it adds to the immersion and gameplay, that closer to reality syndrome that's plaguing the genre as I type.
Closer to reality syndrome is plaguing the genre
smiley-confused002.gif
? You do know GT6 is marketed as a simulator right? Can't tell if serious...
smiley-confused005.gif

Then where did the GTPSP cars come from?

GT4, in lower res. It's obvious when you think about it. Why else would you be able to transfer an R35 from GTPSP and it resulting in being a standard?

Whether he likes it or not they come from GT4 ;)

A lower res version of the model that was featured in GT4, yeah.

Some of them were also from GT3 and the rejected GTHD Classic (Oreca R8 LMP, Pescarolo Hybride). Others are brand-new (GT-R SpecV, F2007, C6 ZR-1 '09, GTbyCitroen, Veyron, Furai, R8 LMS, etc). ;)
Yep, the Nomad Diablo being from GT3 :cheers:

SVX
GT4, in lower res. It's obvious when you think about it. Why else would you be able to transfer an R35 from GTPSP and it resulting in being a standard?

A lower res version of the model that was featured in GT4, yeah.

Thank you, you finally get it! :P

I started to play video game because the "close-to-reality-effect" of GT4 in the replays...So, the graphics is the feature Number One to me.( I am more into Art)

Closer to reality syndrome is plaguing the genre
smiley-confused002.gif
? You do know GT6 is marketed as a simulator right? Can't tell if serious...
smiley-confused005.gif

My point is graphics pay a factor to many people as it helps with the immersion (do I need to spell it)

Analogy:

Pretty girl next to pretty car= googled
Ugly girl next pretty car= well the car's pretty.

My point is graphics pay a factor to many people as it helps with the immersion (do I need to spell it)

Analogy:

Pretty girl next to pretty car= googled
Ugly girl next pretty car= well the car's pretty.
Yes you need to spell it because you aren't communicating well. You used the phrase, "closer to reality syndrome that's plaguing the genre". Plague = bad not good. So you're essentially saying closer to reality is bad in the gaming genre and then in a further post saying graphics help with immersion, which contradicts your first post. Or does it? I have no idea at this point.

Wasn't it PD who started this graphical revolution in the genre? They started it and are leading it. The others are trying to catch up. PD started the virus of whoremongering graphics and the others are trying to catch up.

People like pretty things

except you.

This is odd. The new R35 GT-R Nismo is nicely modeled some places, other places not so much.

image.jpg
image.jpg

No adaptive tessellation on this fine Nissan. Too bad, I really would've looked at it for ages if it did look smoother. don't get me wrong, it is truly beautiful now too..

Wasn't it PD who started this graphical revolution in the genre?
No, they didnt start a graphical revolution because some PC games of that era had also similarly good graphics.
No one started a "graphics revolution" because it was just natural that better and better graphics would come with the more and more powerful machines (consoles and PCs)
What GT started was ... well... the GT style of game. A racing game featuring real road cars and real race cars all mixed in there.
GT had no console competition back then because the Xbox didnt exist and nintendo didnt really push for this genre (they stuck with mario kart, a very different but yet very fun racing game)

No, they didnt start a graphical revolution because some PC games of that era had also similarly good graphics.
No one started a "graphics revolution" because it was just natural that better and better graphics would come with the more and more powerful machines (consoles and PCs)
What GT started was ... well... the GT style of game. A racing game featuring real road cars and real race cars all mixed in there.
GT had no console competition back then because the Xbox didnt exist and nintendo didnt really push for this genre (they stuck with mario kart, a very different but yet very fun racing game)

Your right, so I'll word it this way.
PD greatly contributed.....

ahem
256px-SegaGTcover.jpg

http://mb.mercedes-benz.com/en/75043/kazunori-yamauchi-the-polygon-godfather/

Everybody likes nice looking things. Kazunori Yamauchi will be immortalized for the conception of everything GT PLANET. GT is integral to the idea of millions of people being affected by one man's ambition.

NO fooling, no jive :D. Think, anyone could have ignited the racing genre the way K. Yamauchi did? And with Motor Toon Grand Prix as the foundation? It's awe-inspiring considering how far he has taken and is taking the series.

EVERYTHING. It's jarring. Put Yourself in His SHOES.

Yeahhhhhhhh

This is odd. The new R35 GT-R Nismo is nicely modeled some places, other places not so much.

This is another thing that has to change for PS4. The inconsistent quality is not acceptable for a game that was once regarded for it's amazing graphics. It may of been "passable" to a degree on the PS3, but on the PS4, It'll be laughable even more so.

Not to mention the lighting model needs to be completely redone.

Awesome avatar, Arixant.

Bottom line is that GT games have always had very good graphics for their time, and typically some of the best graphics for the particular console they were developed for.

And while there may have been games that give GT a run for its money graphically speaking, GT has always been a cut above the competition in terms of nailing the aesthetics of photorealism. You can throw as many polygons and high res textures on the screen as you want and have all kinds of crazy lighting effects, but if you don't bother with the artistic attention to detail necessary to make those look convincingly realistic, then you're not gonna get there.

Given a quick glance, a GT4 screenshot is probably more likely to be mistaken for a photograph than screenshots of the first three Forza games would be. Forza started refining its aesthetic chops with 3 but didn't quite get there until 4.

Wasn't it PD who started this graphical revolution in the genre? They started it and are leading it. The others are trying to catch up. PD started the virus of whoremongering graphics and the others are trying to catch up.

People like pretty things

except you.
"the virus of whoremongering graphics". For real dude, what does that mean in english please?

Is tessellation not a software thing, meaning that it could be applied for all cars? Or do cars specifically need to be modelled with the 'extra' polygons?

Back