Cars in GT6 that has PS4-Ready graphics.

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 664 comments
I came to this thread thinking we'd have great high-res pics of gt6 'future premiums', but I see thats not the case. I think some new additions like the classic muscle cars are modelled extremely well.

So you're saying that they went through all the trouble of modelling the engine, just to put it in one trailer for 2 seconds?

Did they also modelled and animated the GT-R engine for the sole purpose of putting it in the intro?

Yup, that's what I'm saying. I mean, that is common practice in many games. Watch the GT4 intro again, you'll see a nice model of a Ford GT, that was obviously never used in the game except for that video.

It's pretty obvious that PD was concentrated on putting as many premiums in the game for GT5/6, so most cars didn't even have the inner side of the wheel modelled. Some had undercarriage detail added in GT6 (the '69 Camaro). I really doubt that PD would model a car, then model it's engine which will not be used in the game at all but not model something visible like the undercarriage or the inside of a wheel.

It's very clear that they do model the engines for every car, but since there's not a feature like Autovista in GT5/GT6 there's no reason for it to be there when you can't see it.

Sorry, but I'm not convinced that they do. There is an image in GT auto in GT5 of a Subaru Impreza with all the chasis details and parts but that doesn't mean all of the cars are made like that. Besides, I think it's the other way around. There is no feature like autovista precisely because there is nothing modelled underneath the hoods etc.

In photomode yes, not on the track. And once you get that high in polygons, there are little to no gains to be had in modeling cars unless up extremely close. The leap from 10k > 100K is huge. The leap from 100k to 500k while still visible, demand huge resources to render in game, especially with dozens of them on the track, while providing very little if any noticable visual improvement while in game. IMO the gains are made in modeling the details, like engine bays, back seats, trunks, undercarriage etc. I'd rather see effort put into modeling complete cars, than adding useless surface polygons that have zero impact on gameplay, and a huge impact on resource requirements.

At some point you have to decide if looking at your cars under a microscope is more important than having a grid of 45 or 50 cars on track for a standing start is. A simplified analogy for illustration purposes obviously, there is more to it than that.

When GT7 is released, it will be the best looking sim on any console. If Gran Turismo was ever to be released on personal computers, it will be the game industry's best looking game.

Well imo all premiums are PS4 ready. In GT6 their quality is downgraded to fit the limits of the PS3, but if you watch any trailer of GT6 or GT5, you'll find that the FPS, lighting, car quality is much better, more clean.
Just check in this video, you can not get this quality in GT6 replays:

Are they really "GT4 standards" if they have been given a premium exterior?
I meant if those GT4 standards get semi premium treatment. That doesn't make it a GT4 standard anymore, never said so, sorry if that post was unclear :P

@Stylel_Code You have to remember that every GT game has better visuals in trailers than in actual gameplay. This isn't just limited to the GT series either, plenty of games do this. I do think that we're approaching the time where the gameplay graphics will be just as good as the trailer graphics, though.

I would be perfectly happy if all the premiums cars look exactly as they do now if the extra resources are spent on a stable frame rate, decent particle effects and a larger field of cars.

Said by someone who thought GT5 damages are bad and GT6 are better. How ironc :P.
I dont post there for some reason so i do the rundown here.

GT5 does has a removable parts on damage. However, other than that its actually suck. Ridiculous bend that makes the car looks like it made of literal plastic. No to mention the possesed black paint and the overall glitchiness.

GT6 has a more realistic car damages, like the actual car should be. Sure, for some reason the removable parts is gone, which makes me wondering why. GT6 visual damage with a removable parts is perfect to me. But tbh at this state, seeing the severly damaged car retains its parts is better than loses but also had a grosteque shape.

Plus, i was pointing out the detail beneath those WRC and Nascar on GT6. Its a miss too considering we cant see it anymore due to the mentioned removable parts gone.

I agree it would be great if parts came off during impacts, it would be a good basic damage model, that plus a few scuff marks / dents. And broken lights would be great too. Instead of just deformation like in GT5 hahaha.

Well imo all premiums are PS4 ready. In GT6 their quality is downgraded to fit the limits of the PS3, but if you watch any trailer of GT6 or GT5, you'll find that the FPS, lighting, car quality is much better, more clean.
Just check in this video, you can not get this quality in GT6 replays:

Yup, fully agree with you. It's a bit the same in GT6 too, for example: if you take the Mini VGT to the track and want to take a pic of it, some bits of the car (in this example the wheels) are quite jaggy. However; if you take the car to a photo location via Photo Travel, it's highly detailed. Well, It could be that the car is on a track and some stuff, you know: the PS3 has more to handle with so it lowers the car quality a bit. In the Photo travel, the console has less to handle with, so the car detailing can be raised up to 11 again. Comparism below.

20150301_135149.jpg

downloadfile-7.jpeg

SVX
GT6's standards (excluding the reworked semi-premiums) are ports from GTPSP. Unless they rework all of the standards for GT7 it's likely we'll be seeing the same GTPSP ports in GT7 on the PS4 from GT6.

Wrong, they used cars from their PS2/PSP era games. Such as GT3, GT4, GTC and GTPSP.

And I just showed you 2 cars that have their engines modelled, even though they're not visible. There's no reason to think those 2 cars are the exception.

If PD is involved, that is reason enough.

Think about it. PD showed us only Premium cars in both the GT5 and GT6 trailers (for obvious reasons), but that led customers to believe that all the cars had that level of detail. Then they play the game and see the driving pixels. besides, You showed us 2 cars that had engines modeled in trailers. Did you not also notice that the cars driving in the trailers are the photomode versions. They wouldn't dare let us drive with those because of "performance issues". Meanwhile they are mapping every star in the sky...

@GT_Saint not to mention the moon. I read somewhere that when they made the moon, they actually made the whole moon with a ~5cm margin of error or what it's called.

@GT_Saint not to mention the moon. I read somewhere that when they made the moon, they actually made the whole moon with a ~5cm margin of error or what it's called.
So they sent a team to the moon and laser scanned it huh? Source please.
When GT7 is released, it will be the best looking sim on any console. If Gran Turismo was ever to be released on personal computers, it will be the game industry's best looking game.
And GT5/6 was the best looking racing game on console...and also a terrible racing game at the same time. Graphics mean nothing if the game behind them sucks. Perhaps PD will learn this some day and get back some of it's lost fans, instead of basing the entire game on how good the cars look.

@syntex123 Even though it's somewhat awesome they made an almost 1:1 scale moon, I still think it's a feature that isn't neccesarily needed by us. I gotta admit; it's a nice feature and it makes fun to drive on the moon. But still, it's not a feature that people would enjoy over and over, play it often. But anyway ;)

And GT5/6 was the best looking racing game on console...and also a terrible racing game at the same time. Graphics mean nothing if the game behind them sucks. Perhaps PD will learn this some day and get back some of it's lost fans, instead of basing the entire game on how good the cars look.
Hm. I don't think they're terrible racing games, not at all. They have some flaws and can suck at some bits, but they always were playable titles. GT5 still is my most played game on my PS3, probably with 100-200+ hours. GT6 probably reaches that mark even this year, maybe even top it. But! Everyone has their own opinons and thoughts about things. :)

I don't worry about the car quality too much, PS3 GT6 premium is more than enough for me if PD uses that level of detail when on track in GT7 PS4 ( maybe with better texture and reflection maps ). What I really want is PD to improve the overall visual quality ( track, road surface, lighting, particle effects, realistic tire smokes, tire marks and other visual effects detail than weren't possible in PS3 ). Having the cars blowing out exhaust gas when driving/engine running and simulated properly would add more to the realistic visual. I'm surprised no car game has done it yet ( as far as I know ) - diesel cars blowing those fumes :lol:

I still often surprised at how capable GT6 on PS3 :D like these examples :

Ruf Yellowbird :
View attachment 317756
View attachment 317757
View attachment 317758

I think only few titles can match that kind of visual ( realistic lighting )

I don't even dare to imagine what PS4-ready entails given Yamauchi's idea of having standard cars in GT7. Maybe we'll just have to live with that, but 1080p, 30 fps, more visual effects, and improved textures where required would definitely help. All the premium cars would most certainly blend right into such an enhanced environment.

I don't even dare to imagine what PS4-ready entails given Yamauchi's idea of having standard cars in GT7. Maybe we'll just have to live with that, but 1080p, 30 fps, more visual effects, and improved textures where required would definitely help. All the premium cars would most certainly blend right into such an enhanced environment.
30 FPS? Hell no.

GT is unique because of this. Too much game runs on 30 FPS. Also ots on a PS4 so the standards goes higher.

So they sent a team to the moon and laser scanned it huh? Source please.

Why you change point?
The game has beautiful looking models and visual's. Gran Turismo became the perfect example of where the genre dares to tread.
Gameplay is still in the user's imagination. Even in B Spec, people have found quality racing.

Most of your post's about GT6 is negative and all my post's about Gran Turismo are positive.

It's very clear that they do model the engines for every car, but since there's not a feature like Autovista in GT5/GT6 there's no reason for it to be there when you can't see it.
There is no way PD could model everything underneath for every car. Hell not even Forza could do it with every car, and they use outsourcing. It's not something that's needed right now, so unless the car has a viewable engine from outside, there's really no point for it.

Didn't the NASCAR race cars from GT5, when you damaged them enough and popped the hood off, have a texture for the engine?

Back