Cars in GT6 that has PS4-Ready graphics.

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 664 comments
I think all premiums are PS4 ready. Zooming in obviously you can spot artifacts. That is normal. Emphasis should be given on gameplay gfx rather than photo mode or showroom. Car models are great no need to go mental with more polygon. But with adaptive tessellation and other tricks cars should be great looking. Better textures and detailed interior is what I like to see on PS4 with GT7. I do not think they will make another GT on PS3 as the gpu and ram is limiting factor

I do not think they will make another GT on PS3 as the gpu and ram is limiting factor
That is something we already know is true. GT7 comes on PS4, GT on PS3 is over when GT7 releases. It can't come soon enough, I wish it could come this holiday season, but it's more likely it'll arrive next holiday season, if not even later.

All the premium cars are good enough for PS4.

After all what you see at the GT6 in-game is a scaled down version of the completely detailed thing (premium cars)

Does it have an interior ? If the answer is no then it is not PS4 ready.
You mean its not "interior-fanatic ready". Some of us dont care about interiors

All the premium cars are good enough for PS4.

After all what you see at the GT6 in-game is a scaled down version of the completely detailed thing (premium cars)

You mean its not "interior-fanatic ready". Some of us dont care about interiors
Well i don't know about you I don't know a single person on this website who spent 400+ dollars on a console expecting pd to bring them a half finished car. It's 2015, not 2005.

Not really. Driveclub has destroyed PD when it comes to car quality, and the cars as they are now in GT6 are not good enough for PS4 quality.

And it's 2015, not 2005, having a car with a black interior is just pointless for a "racing sim" Hell, even GTA V on PS3 had interiors.
Destroyed? We have a GT7 to compare?

Destroyed? We have a GT7 to compare?

No, but Evolution Studios has set a ridiculously high bar for PS4 games, and ProjectCars is still coming too. PD has a ton of competition nowadays, and GT7 has a lot to meet, that I don't think PD can meet. I mean, with every other game having so many more real and wanted features, I think PD has been beat, pretty damn hard. GT7 is going to have to have every requested feature and a ridiculous car list to redeem GT's name.

And before you call me a "hater" or whatever, most of my childhood was in GT4, and I loved that game to death and it got me into my profession, but I'm not blind enough to ignore the questionable choices that PD has made, and what the competition has made better.

No, but Evolution Studios has set a ridiculously high bar for PS4 games, and ProjectCars is still coming too. PD has a ton of competition nowadays, and GT7 has a lot to meet, that I don't think PD can meet. I mean, with every other game having so many more real and wanted features, I think PD has been beat, pretty damn hard. GT7 is going to have to have every requested feature and a ridiculous car list to redeem GT's name.

And before you call me a "hater" or whatever, most of my childhood was in GT4, and I loved that game to death and it got me into my profession, but I'm not blind enough to ignore the questionable choices that PD has made, and what the competition has made better.
GT4 was my school...good memories...And yes! PD has a lot of work to do, but don't forget, PS4 is more easy to do the 'things'...

Evo has indeed raised the bar with 250k polygons but the cost is 12 cars on track and 30fps. Project Cars won't be raising that bar on the PS4 in terms of cars, as they've traded off polygons (60K) in favour of gameplay, 60fps, and cars on track (45). The cars will still look great of course, 60K polygons is plenty for anyone focused on gameplay and not photos, but won't look quite as good as DC or GT7, especially in close ups. On PC of course, it's a different story.

Umm Evo studios no where near destroys PDs premium ps3 car models. On the interior, it does seem clearly better on Driveclub, but exterior modeling I don't think so. 250k is nothing. PD had been doing 200k modeling since GT5p in 2007. They've set the standard way back then. You can read about evo talking about talking about 6 months to create one car but pd did this type of work way back. Even Forza may have models over the
700k poly mark. Whatever the poly count, I'm plenty satisfied with the premiums in GT6 and gt5 already anyway. Any more polys is a waste of resource and better put to use in advance lighting imo.

What I'll agree with for sure is that the weather in Driveclub is incredible and definitely destroys GT. Project cars models don't deserve to be in the conversation imo, but the sacrifice is apparent in being able to run 1080p/60fps.

Not really. Driveclub has destroyed PD when it comes to car quality, and the cars as they are now in GT6 are not good enough for PS4 quality.

You're kidding, right? Driveclub has great car models but there is not much difference between the GT6 premiums (especially the ones that use tesselation) and Driveclub models. Please do explain to me how, for example, Driveclub's 3d model of an Aston Martin One-77 "destroys" the one in GT6.

Talking strictly in terms of geometry, GT6 premiums are more than ready for the future games.

EDIT: found a comparison of the KTM

10917207_10155023392285626_8042178182223960406_o.jpg

syracuse_8loutn.jpg

Even though the games are a generation apart, the models are great in both games and very close in terms of detail. Due to the tesselation the GT6 model is actually more detailed in some areas. I really can't see how anyone can claim they are not detailed enough...

Last edited:
SVX
Others don't care about having a game with equal graphical standards across all cars in the game, so why bother with upgrading standards to premium?
Yeah, in fact Kaz said "standard games are here to stay", so all this people obsessed with graphical perfection and graphical detail will have to cry a bit more.
Well i don't know about you I don't know a single person on this website who spent 400+ dollars on a console expecting pd to bring them a half finished car. It's 2015, not 2005.
Not having interior doesnt mean "half finished car", I think interior designs are pretty useless and so are cockpit views.
Anyway if we get nitpicky we could say that everycar is unfinished unless it has a working engine inside, with movement, smoke, working electronics, and all that stuff.

And it's 2015, not 2005, having a car with a black interior is just pointless for a "racing sim" Hell, even GTA V on PS3 had interiors.
No, Driveclub cars aren't better that GT cars... and if they are, the difference is very small.
Driveclub's nothing more than a freaking arcade anyway, with very few cars.

Yeah, in fact Kaz said "standard games are here to stay", so all this people obsessed with graphical perfection and graphical detail will have to cry a bit more.

If by cry you mean a huge majority not buying the game, then yes.

Not having interior doesnt mean "half finished car", I think interior designs are pretty useless and so are cockpit views.
Anyway if we get nitpicky we could say that everycar is unfinished unless it has a working engine inside, with movement, smoke, working electronics, and all that stuff.

Just because you don't use the interior view to race doesn't make the view useless. On this accord, if they did a survey and found out the majority of gamers used bumper cam, is there much point to modeling the car at all if the majority don't see it when they race?

No, Driveclub cars aren't better that GT cars... and if they are, the difference is very small.
Driveclub's nothing more than a freaking arcade anyway, with very few cars.

youre_serious_futurama.gif

SVX
If by cry you mean a huge majority not buying the game, then yes.

Just because you don't use the interior view to race doesn't make the view useless. On this accord, if they did a survey and found out the majority of gamers used bumper cam, is there much point to modeling the car at all if the majority don't see it when they race?
Lol @ huge majority.
And yes it would be good if they dont buy GT7, I think the GT community would be better without the graphics obsessed people, those people kill the videogame industry, literally.

About the camera views, the difference is that even if you dont see your own car using the bumper cam, all the others do see your car, so your argument is completely nonsense... exterior is obviously a must, interior isnt.

Driveclub represents everything that is BAD about car games and games in general these days: its only about graphics detail, nothing else... very few cars, only 30 FPS, not so many cars on track at once (because of so many graphics detail), no split screen, arcadey physics...

Last edited:
I love your funny comparison between GT6 and DriveClub. I simply love it. Why does everyone always compare ridiculous stuff? We can't compare anything to DC before GT7 comes, GT6 isn't for PS4, DC is :P

This reminds of people comparing GT6 to FM5, and saying GT sucks FM owns, it's silly. Last gen vs. next gen games can never be compared unless the next gen game really sucks.

Buuut that's just me.
haters-gonna-hate.jpg

Lol @ huge majority.
And yes it would be good if they dont buy GT7, I think the GT community would be better without the graphics obsessed people, those people kill the videogame industry, literally.

There's a difference between graphics obsessed people and people who don't want to see assets from a PSP game in a 2015 game.

About the camera views, the difference is that even if you dont see your own car using the bumper cam, all the others do see your car, so your argument is completely nonsense... exterior is obviously a must, interior isnt.

But if the game is 'the real driving simulator', shouldn't the car be simulated to a full extent, which means being able to see the interior? 💡

Driveclub represents everything that is BAD about car games and games in general these days: its only about graphics detail, nothing else... very few cars, only 30 FPS, not so many cars on track at once (because of so many graphics detail), no split screen, arcadey physics...

The hilarious thing is that it's still a better actual game than GT6.

I love your funny comparison between GT6 and DriveClub. I simply love it. Why does everyone always compare ridiculous stuff? We can't compare anything to DC before GT7 comes, GT6 isn't for PS4, DC is :P

This reminds of people comparing GT6 to FM5, and saying GT sucks FM owns, it's silly. Last gen vs. next gen games can never be compared unless the next gen game really sucks.

Buuut that's just me.

Statement was made about premium cars being GT6 quality. Competition on PS4 for said premium cars stated. If a game has assets that apparently would be fine on PS4, isn't is common sense to compare between what it'd be up against? :confused:

Lol @ huge majority.
So the GT community would be better off without the photomode community? lol

When you drive a car in real life, you don't see a completely blacked out dashboard. You don't see a perfect view of the road either, like you do on bumper-cam.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that it's a bad game.

@SVX Relax, I think it's great to see the discussion flourish. Only thing that is undebatable is the fact DC is an arcade game. I think the graphics would be different if it was a sim with more cars on the track.

I havent PS3 (sold it for a PS4), but I think some of the previous Vision GTs were PS4 ready too.

slxmq54cdezga48tjqxo.jpg

zy7018bm8zmrw2po678f.jpg

l0dxufbt5kwscajmfx0p.jpg

Not only VGTs, but I think about 70,80% of premium cars are PS4 ready!

And Digital Foundry:
there's a sense that GT6's assets were created very much with the future in mind: between the incredibly detailed premium car models, the advanced lighting solution, and the beautiful post-processing utilised in replays, it's fair to say that a boost to image quality and performance alone could make for a convincingly high-end PS4 title. Many of these details were necessarily curtailed by limitations of the PlayStation 3 hardware, but the systems that have been created here seem to be a great fit for its successor.

@SVX Relax, I think it's great to see the discussion flourish.

I'm perfectly relaxed, and I'm not sure where that other statement is coming from either since I never complained about the discussion, although it is pointless. :odd:

Only thing that is undebatable is the fact DC is an arcade game. I think the graphics would be different if it was a sim with more cars on the track.

#DRIVECLUB is an arcade game, yes, but that doesn't stop it being cross-shopped/compared with GT as they are both racing games. GT falls into being compared with it as there would be nothing else to compare it to on the PS4.

SVX
There's a difference between graphics obsessed people and people who don't want to see assets from a PSP game in a 2015 game.
But if the game is 'the real driving simulator', shouldn't the car be simulated to a full extent, which means being able to see the interior? 💡
The hilarious thing is that it's still a better actual game than GT6.
Driveclub better actual game than GT6, yeah right.
PSP equals to PS2. I suppose there wont be PS2 quality level standard cars, but GT6 standard improved cars like the RUF's. And if you think GT6 premium cars is not enough quality, you're graphics-obsessed.
GT as yourself said is a driving simulator, not a car detail modeling simulator.

I find laughable that those people who cry because they want better and better graphics detail, if they eventually got it, then they would cry because the lack of content (thats what happened in Forza 5) because the more graphics detail, the more it takes to do everything, therefore you get less content.
As I said, graphics obsessed people are some sort of video game industry "killers".

So the GT community would be better off without the photomode community? lol
When you drive a car in real life, you don't see a completely blacked out dashboard. You don't see a perfect view of the road either, like you do on bumper-cam.
From your car, you can hardly see dashboards on other cars, because of the angles, and the glass reflections.
I think Driveclub, even if it has good graphics, its nowhere near as good as GT6 even if its next gen.

Latest Posts

Back