Cars in GT6 that has PS4-Ready graphics.

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 664 comments
SVX
Yes, it does. Graphics are a big, big part of the gaming industry. Increasing the power of the console is a big reason of this, to be able to produce a higher level of graphics at a good performance.

No, in fact "graphics standards" dont really exist. Each developer has their own standard.
Driveclub developers did wrong and choose massive graphic detail over full flowing 60FPS gameplay which is a completely wrong decision for a racing game.

No, in fact "graphics standards" dont really exist. Each developer has their own standard.

And as a result of that PD will fall behind.

Driveclub developers did wrong and choose massive graphic detail over full flowing 60FPS gameplay which is a completely wrong decision for a racing game.

Full stable 30 fps mind you. Meanwhile GT6 goes up and down like a yoyo...

how did you come to that conclusions?

People are beyond relief that assets from a game from a PSP are in what is meant to be Sony's gaming flagship on the PS3. The fact they'll have the same assets on another generation of consoles is shocking. People will wonder why they would buy something like that over pCARS' and #DRIVECLUB's detailed exteriors and interiors.

Why would I buy a game which has cars from a PSP game when I can play with cars that are built from the ground up?

SVX
People are beyond relief that assets from a game from a PSP are in what is meant to be Sony's gaming flagship on the PS3. The fact they'll have the same assets on another generation of consoles is shocking. People will wonder why they would buy something like that over pCARS' and #DRIVECLUB's detailed exteriors and interiors.
They never actually said that.

they being PD, and that being assets from a PSP game in a PS4 game.

GT6's standards (excluding the reworked semi-premiums) are ports from GTPSP. Unless they rework all of the standards for GT7 it's likely we'll be seeing the same GTPSP ports in GT7 on the PS4 from GT6.

SVX
GT6's standards (excluding the reworked semi-premiums) are ports from GTPSP. Unless they rework all of the standards for GT7 it's likely we'll be seeing the same GTPSP ports in GT7 on the PS4 from GT6.
I do not believe that GT7's standards will be what they are now. i think they will be more like ps3 models.

SVX
And as a result of that PD will fall behind.

Full stable 30 fps mind you. Meanwhile GT6 goes up and down like a yoyo...
You are talking nonsense.
GT6 tries to get more or less 60 FPS on the PS3, while at the same time having a remarkably high resolution for such an old machine.
Driveclub only has 30 FPS on the PS4... stable or not stable, who cares, they're still 30 FPS, which is crap.

It seems clear enough that you're one of those who like to hate on PD/GT just for the sake of it, or for fun, who knows.

Last edited:
GT6 almost gets 60 stable FPS in the freaking PS3.
Driveclub only has 30 FPS on the PS4... stable or not stable, who cares, they're still 30 FPS, which is crap.
Although i wouldn't say 30fps is 'crap', that's a very good point.

SVX
Wroong. PS2 imports, GT4 and GT3.

GT6 almost gets 60 stable FPS in the freaking PS3.

:lol:

Try researching before you throw statements like that. GT6 drops into the 40 fps range... fanboy to the extreme.

blown-away.gif

Its definitely bad for those type of games that require high input precision, like a driving/racing simulator.

So having a massively unstable fps is fine then?

Wroong. PS2 imports, GT4 and GT3.

Hate to burst your bubble, but correct. GT6's standards look worse than GT4's, and then if you put two and two together to the fact you could import 50 cars from GTPSP to GT5...

SVX
fanboy to the extreme.
Its so funny that you say this, because you seem to be an Evolution Studios employee.

My point is that GT6 at least TRIES to have high FPS, and in the underpowered PS3. So that means that in the PS4 they will surely reach pretty stable 60 FPS.
And I guess that when you insert stupid gifs its because you've run out of arguments.

Its so funny that you say this, because you seem to be an Evolution Studios employee.

Because I state the facts?

My point is that GT6 at least TRIES to have high FPS, and in the underpowered PS3. So that means that in the PS4 they will surely reach pretty stable 60 FPS.

Why push it to something it can't do when it can't run it efficiently?

And I guess that when you insert stupid gifs its because you've run out of arguments.

I couldn't think of a suitable enough reply for such a stupid comment.

SVX
Hate to burst your bubble, but correct. GT6's standards look worse than GT4's, and then if you put two and two together to the fact you could import 50 cars from GTPSP to GT5...
Exactly, the ones looking worse than GT4 is from GT3. And yes, I know a few number of cars in GT5 is from GTPSP, but not all come from GTPSP.

SVX
Because I state the facts?

Why push it to something it can't do when it can't run it efficiently?

I couldn't think of a suitable enough reply for such a stupid comment.

Facts? You dont have any facts. You have your own opinions, which I think most of them are a bit of laughable opinions.
You want to know facts?
30 FPS in next-gen console is not good, fact.
Driveclub has so few tracks and so few cars, fact.
GT7 will beat the crap out of Driveclub in every possible level, except perhaps the graphic detail, future fact, I'd bet my house on it.

Exactly, the ones looking worse than GT4 is from GT3. And yes, I know a few number of cars in GT5 is from GTPSP, but not all come from GTPSP.

No.

The standards come from GTPSP. All of them (except for semi standards, of course).

you do realize that GT6 is just a beta test for GT7 right?

Beta testing on a completely different platform? :confused:

Wait, so you're saying I spent $100 on a beta? :eek:

Facts? You dont have any facts. You have your own opinions, which I think most of them are a bit of laughable opinions.

I have only been using facts. Sure, you could argue that you prefer GT6 to #DRIVECLUB but it's simply just a better game.
You want to know facts?
30 FPS in next-gen console is not good, fact.

For a release title it seems very good to me, also the fact that it is a stable 30 fps no matter the environment, unlike GT6 which drops considerably if it starts raining.

Driveclub has so few tracks and so few cars, fact.

Never stated otherwise, but sure.

GT7 will beat the crap out of Driveclub in every possible level, except perhaps the graphic detail, future fact, I'd bet my house on it.

I hope it will, considering at the soonest it'll be out about a year to a year and a half at the earliest after #DRIVECLUB came out at the earliest and all.

Well i can tell you this: Thats why GT6 didn't work at all. 👍

So what you're saying they somehow beta tested a game for a completely different console with a completely different architecture knowing full well it'll flop? :odd:

alright, here we go.

Why did I bring up DC? The question was is the Mini PS4 ready. And I brought up DC cause it's on the PS4. Simple right? I do think Driveclub has beaten GT at the quality level that GT used to be praised of.

With the KTM shot, Driveclub's is better imo, the Carbon Fiber alone. Is it a shock that a PS4 game looks better than a PS3? No. But the thing is with my "DC has destroyed PD" is that they have set a ridiculously high bar for the quality. GT6 is detailed and "better" than any other PS3 car game arguably.

But Driveclub is a "freaking arcade game with very few cars"

Yes, yes it is. But guess what. Quality over Quantity. Each car is modeled great and sounds amazing, (bar set for GT7) and the tracks look great too, and all have 24hr and weather change. (bar set for GT7) It even has a very basic, but still included Livery creator (bar set for GT7) And the cars actually feel alive. The shifts, the speed, the game feels proper and fun, where I can't remember the last time I had fun in GT6 that wasn't taking pictures.

30fps isn't good enough? Lol. k. I'll wait to see GT7 run more cars and more detail at 60. The game looks fine at 30fps, and the quality is still good across the board. I'd rather have 30fps and fewer and better looking/sounding cars than more poorly modeled and rigged cars at 60fps.

But the reason I have so little faith in GT7? GT6. Even said above GT6 was a Beta test for GT7? Then why did we all shell out 60$+ for a Beta test? GT4 to 5, I had amazing hopes that were pretty much destroyed by PD, and GT6 I bought cause I thought hey, it'll be great. But a quickly boring car list, and even VisionGT couldn't save it for me. Not to mention the promised track creator (another reason I bought the game) is probably never coming. So I have very little faith in GT7, and praise DC so much cause it's just a fun game to play. It's awesome to just drive the cars. Are they the most realistic things ever? No. But they're still a blast to drive.

But those 2 tessellation posts are what I brought up DC for. GT6 has this huge range in quality among it's "1200" cars. While DC only has a sliver of that, they all are the same level of detailed. But with GT6, Some look fantastic, others are still from GT4. A lot of GT6's premiums I don't think are ready for GT7, the Mini may look decently modeled, but the tire textures? the Brake disc? Black interior? Please tell me that's acceptable for a PS4 game, in 2015, where the competition has that, and much more. GT is supposed to be the real driving simulator. It needs to start looking like one imo.

Could GT7 be amazing? It could be. But look at GT5 to GT6. It wasn't a huge improvement. That's why I don't believe GT7 can beat, or meet the standards being pushed by not only their Xbox and PC competitiors, but right on their own hometurf of Playstation.

There is no guarantee of achieving a locked 60fps on a next gen console. You're making the assumption that it's just GT6 copied and pasted, therefore 60fps. The graphical demands of all next gen games are exponentially higher and both DC and PCars are already bouncing up against those limits and making tradeoffs to achieve their goals. While PD's limits may end up being higher than either one, the fact remains that the console is limited and you simply cannot have everything you want and maintain a solid full 1080P/60fps.

SVX
So what you're saying they somehow beta tested a game for a completely different console with a completely different architecture knowing full well it'll flop? :odd:
OK, not beta testing in that sense. on a sense of feedback. i think that based on crowd feedback, PD are now tailoring GT7. it would make sense of allot of their weird decisions over the last year. I can't really be bothered to explain much as it is 1:30 AM and i have a bit of a headache, but yeah, i think they were secretly 'beta testing' with GT6, but they just passed it off as a full game. It was very likely that GT6 got an enormous amount of revenue as well, so more money for GT7, right?

Back