Cars in GT6 that has PS4-Ready graphics.

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 664 comments
SVX
#DRIVECLUB is an arcade game, yes, but that doesn't stop it being cross-shopped/compared with GT as they are both racing games. GT falls into being compared with it as there would be nothing else to compare it to on the PS4.
Good thing pCars is coming soon then. ;)

Driveclub better actual game than GT6, yeah right.

Yes. The only things keeping GT6 going at the moment is the online community and the updates once a month that we have no idea if they're going to actually happen due to no communication with the franchise's fanbase.

PSP equals to PS2. I suppose there wont be PS2 quality level standard cars, but GT6 standard improved cars like the RUF's.

Some cars, not all. That said, the 'semi premiums' are still not good enough standard for a competitive racing game on the PS4.

GT as yourself said is a driving simulator, not a car detail modeling simulator.

My cars in real life don't have terrible pixilation and black cardboard interiors, do yours?

From your car, you can hardly see dashboards on other cars, because of the angles, and the glass reflections.
I think Driveclub, even if it has good graphics, its nowhere near as good as GT6 even if its next gen.

So you're saying a game that technically betters reality has worse graphics? :confused:

SVX
Yes. The only things keeping GT6 going at the moment is the online community and the updates once a month that we have no idea if they're going to actually happen due to no communication with the franchise's fanbase.

Some cars, not all. That said, the 'semi premiums' are still not good enough standard for a competitive racing game on the PS4.

My cars in real life don't have terrible pixilation and black cardboard interiors, do yours?

So you're saying a game that technically betters reality has worse graphics? :confused:
A game with better graphics doesnt equal to a better game. In fact a game with terrible graphics can be much better than a game with great graphics, and I know several cases of that.

I'm glad that I enlightened you... No problem mate.

A game with better graphics doesnt equal to a better game. In fact a game with terrible graphics can be much better than a game with great graphics, and I know several cases of that.

I'm glad that I enlightened you... No problem mate.

I agree. I have no idea where that came from because I never stated otherwise. :odd:

@NixxxoN that is so true. The next Gran Turismo should be stunning. Not only because of graphics because if most cars get the same graphics as the Mini now has shown it will be more than enough to satisfy most. But it should be stunning in actual feel, realistic behavior and playability. A game you want to play over and over again because it is exciting. Not only because it looks stunning.

SVX
I agree. I have no idea where that came from because I never stated otherwise. :odd:
Well you clearly hailed Driveclub based on its nice graphics, because thats all it has, nice graphics (but in low 30FPS which means it must not have very good control/gameplay)

Great post, both words and photos @Giulietta73 :) I agree fully to what you say. :cheers: But about the reflection - that could only be poor surface rendering caused by the limits of the PS3, idk.
You could well be right.👍 Have a look at the reflections on standard models, then have a look at reflections on premiums. There's a big difference in quality. My guess is that the PS4 would be another step up in quality. But I could well be wrong - I know nothing about how they create these awesome models.

SVX
Mainly because this whole discussion is about GT6's graphics against PS4 racing game graphics, not a thread about #DRIVECLUB vs. GT6? :odd:
Being in PS4 doesnt mean games automatically must have certain graphics standard.
Its not only about graphics, its about graphics, performance and gameplay. 60 FPS is a must IMO, at least 16 cars on track is a must aswell, and an overall great gameplay with great physics.
Driveclub has none of that

No, but Evolution Studios has set a ridiculously high bar for PS4 games, and ProjectCars is still coming too. PD has a ton of competition nowadays, and GT7 has a lot to meet, that I don't think PD can meet. I mean, with every other game having so many more real and wanted features, I think PD has been beat, pretty damn hard. GT7 is going to have to have every requested feature and a ridiculous car list to redeem GT's name.

And before you call me a "hater" or whatever, most of my childhood was in GT4, and I loved that game to death and it got me into my profession, but I'm not blind enough to ignore the questionable choices that PD has made, and what the competition has made better.
Actually, i have to dissagree... :scared: After some looking and things i would actually say that GT6's actual car models look easily as nice (if not nicer i.e gallery view) than DC's. Now you may think i am crazy, but DC's graphics are insane on the lighting factor, and the overall textures and things in the roads and rain and all that. PD has easily matched the polygon count on their cars, just no where near it everywhere else.
and also DC sucks everywhere else, so there is that. But then you could argue that GT6 sucks in allot of places too... Just no-where near as many as DC. Beautiful game, just so many dumb decisions.

GT6 is by far and away a better game than DC. Or at least i think it is. GT6 wins in every aspect except graphics, so no PD has not been beat. Or at least in my opinion, take that with a pinch of salt.

You could well be right.👍 Have a look at the reflections on standard models, then have a look at reflections on premiums. There's a big difference in quality. My guess is that the PS4 would be another step up in quality. But I could well be wrong - I know nothing about how they create these awesome models.
I think you're right again, Sir!

@SVX going against your own words?

My statement saying that #DRIVECLUB is a better game than GT6 was only said due to @NixxxoN's post about it being a 'bad' game.

Being in PS4 doesnt mean games automatically must have certain graphics standard.

Yes, it does. Graphics are a big, big part of the gaming industry. Increasing the power of the console is a big reason of this, to be able to produce a higher level of graphics at a good performance.

Having assets from a portable device in a 2015 game that is meant to be state of the art is not acceptable.

Its not only about graphics, its about graphics, performance and gameplay. 60 FPS is a must IMO, at least 16 cars on track is a must aswell, and an overall great gameplay with great physics.
Driveclub has none of that

#DRIVECLUB has a stable 30 fps that never drops, nor increases unlike GT6's. As stated in this thread before GT6 drops to an atrocious ~15 fps in the gallery view of the MINI VGT. That's far, far away from the 'must have' 60 fps you've been saying.

Gameplay and physics? Let me guess, you've never actually played #DRIVECLUB? And are comparing the physics from a simcade to a full on arcade? :odd:

SVX
My statement saying that #DRIVECLUB is a better game than GT6 was only said due to @NixxxoN's post about it being a 'bad' game.
General observation is that DC is a much, much worse game that GT6. I has literally nothing on it apart from graphics.
SVX
Gameplay and physics? Let me guess, you've never actually played #DRIVECLUB? And are comparing the physics from a simcade to a full on arcade?
Its physics aren't bad because they are unrealistic, its because they are simply not enjoyable for most people.

General observation is that DC is a much, much worse game that GT6. I has literally nothing on it apart from graphics.

Really? I haven't played #DRIVECLUB to see for myself, but from what I gathered the only problems were the online connectivity problems at launch. I've only really heard positive things about it.

Its physics aren't bad because they are unrealistic, its because they are simply not enjoyable for most people.

I haven't heard a word of this either. I was told they were pretty good and fairly in depth and realistic for an arcade game, with steering adjusted to have a slight delay in the turning of the virtual wheel unlike the instant on the dime sensitivity that is GT6.

GT6 sucked because it has many promise thats not deliver (also the outdated car list)

Driveclub rocked because it doesnt have many things to promise and also because its on PS4. (also the sound and the still graphics)

Everything else especially the gameplay and FPS, GT6 wins.

SVX
Really? I haven't played #DRIVECLUB to see for myself, but from what I gathered the only problems were the online connectivity problems at launch. I've only really heard positive things about it.
It is a hard game to play, let's say you're a kid who likes to bash and crash a lot. Then this game is not for you. Face it, a lot of kids play racing games, and this game is not enjoyable more than a week straight. After a week you stop playing and only play it every now and then because it is "nice to look at". I think I'm an ok driver, but I still find this game a little bit too hard sometimes.

SVX
I haven't heard a word of this either. I was told they were pretty good and fairly in depth and realistic for an arcade game, with steering adjusted to have a slight delay in the turning of the virtual wheel unlike the instant on the dime sensitivity that is GT6.
It is. But still. I like the steering animation, but this game doesn't have traction loss. All cars drive like they have ASM and TCS enabled. No options for this, it's just stuck like this.

It is a hard game to play, let's say you're a kid who likes to bash and crash a lot. Then this game is not for you. Face it, a lot of kids play racing games, and this game is not enjoyable more than a week straight. After a week you stop playing and only play it every now and then because it is "nice to look at". I think I'm an ok driver, but I still find this game a little bit too hard sometimes.

Wait... you're complaining at a game because you think it's too hard?

:lol:

@SVX I'm not complaining, I like the challenge. I was talking about kids. Kids don't want to play a game where they lose all the races.

Try the game, try to do a long drift. Just try. Drift like you do in GT6. Impossible.

maxresdefault.jpg

Impossible in what way? Too hard, or just too much grip? If there's too much grip I don't understand how that'd make the physics challenging.

SVX
Really? I haven't played #DRIVECLUB to see for myself, but from what I gathered the only problems were the online connectivity problems at launch. I've only really heard positive things about it
Lets put this into perceptive.

List of features, half baked or no, in GT6:
  • B-spec
  • Moon missions
  • Sahara time trial
  • Normal racing
  • Time trial
  • Online multiplayer
  • Tuning vehicles
  • Painting vehicles
  • adding external parts to vehicles
  • ayrton senna tribute
  • 1000+ cars
  • 40 different tracks
  • quick match
  • seasonals
  • replays god damnit!
  • goodwood festival of speed
  • Redbull championships
  • being able to actually own your cars
  • racing gear
  • data logger
  • GPS visualizer
  • and a few others, big and small
  • drifting minigame
  • license tests
  • rally driving
  • race cars (broom broom)
List of features in DC:
  • 50 cars
  • fake locations
  • career thingy
  • time trials
  • drifting minigame
  • Online multiplier
  • mind-blowingly irritating livery editor
  • ughhh... pressing square to change through the manufacturer paint colours instead of simply selecting them?
  • ummmm... good graphics?
  • rain droplets on your cars?
  • i honestly don't even remember if there is anything else...

So what i am trying to get at here, is that DC is a game with literally the minimum expected features.

And as for the physics, most people i see say they don't like them. they aren't terrible, but not at all enjoyable.
If i missed any features from either game, sorry, but that's all i could think of. Not trying to be hostile towards you SVX, just saying.

@SVX Cars aren't meant to be that grippy, all cars in DC has too much grip. Doesn't make sense.

That'd be the arcade aspect coming into it really. But if the cars are too grippy... wouldn't that make the handling easier, not harder?

SVX
That'd be the arcade aspect coming into it really. But if the cars are too grippy... wouldn't that make the handling easier, not harder?
the problem is it is intuitive. Take for example the redbull 20xx cars. Those cars are crazy to drive not only because of quickly they move forward, but also because of how ridiculously quickly they turn, brake and accelerate. You can't intuitively control them because they are not intuitive to drive based on what we are used to. This is a very extreme case of what is happening in DC.

It could be Adaptive Tesselation. But think again, Adaptive Tesselation has been applied to all premium cars, also to the VGT cars. And none of them looks as detailed as this.

Tesselation was only used in the new GT6 premiums and not always at the same level , some have more than others (some don't even tesselation at all) , check this thread for the list of cars with tesselation : https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/tessellation-car-list.307532/

1ysd9b.jpg

373c59.jpg

photos by @emula

some cars look miles better than others ...

That there ^ . Nice. :) And indeed they do, even look at the difference here:

4pyc13.jpg

I actually begin to think all good looking cars with that level of working adaptive tessellation could be ready for PS4 now. Haha.
Woah what car is that bottom one?! :drool:

Latest Posts

Back