Cars in GT6 that has PS4-Ready graphics.

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 664 comments
@Chameleon9000 And if the GTPSP and GT4 standards come once again, I hope they'll be on the same level as the updated GT6 "semi premium" ones. :)
Are they really "GT4 standards" if they have been given a premium exterior?

In either case, I just really dislike missing interiors. I don't always use that view, but often enough for me to not even want to buy cars that lack them. I'd probably use more of the VGT cars if they had interiors as well.

I think almost all the premiums are basically PS4 ready; the superb lighting engine in GT does a really good job of making them seem better than they might actually be.

Anything outside of the premiums aren't I would think. VGTs are in interesting case since I would think they have the highest polygon count of any other car right now, but most of them don't have interiors. I don't use VGTs, so all the power to those that do. But likewise anything else without an interior isn't ready period.

Before you all saying that the mini lags because of the graphics, let me remind you that The whole VGT gallery view lags. It isnt previously.

Seriously? I always thought it had one of the best ones out there :boggled:
The thing with it is during the day it looks very realistic, which is good, but it contrasts against the low textures of the environment. At sunset, shadows have no idea what to do, and while the colours look realistic enough, again, the low res environment textures look cartoony whilst the car looks brilliant. Also, sun flares are very poor, the sun has a square light-box and the sky at sunset has a orange gradient reminiscent of a PS1 game. But again, it looks realistic, but the PS3 just cannot simply cope with it.

I really think that all premium models are "PS4 ready". The models that are in GT6 are not the best ones that they have, they had to be downgraded to run on the PS3. They save polygons on stuff that we rarely see like the inside of the wheels, the underside of the cars and the engine under the hood, even though it's pretty clear that they DID scanned and modelled all of those things.

From GT5 videos:

DQDN6Oj.gif

Bl0HV0N.gif

Last edited:
Question is whether or not they modeled most of the inner workings like the engine for instance on ALL cars. I know you can already see some parts in photomode where you can zoom through the hood and all.

You just made me want to look at every premium through the hood.

Actually most premium cars are not modelled beneath the surface. You can see that in GT5 by doing the Photo Travel glitch. The Toyota's engine in the gif above was probably done just for the trailer.

There's a possibillity PD actually modelled all that but didn't include it on the games to save resources, but I'm pretty sure that's not the case since they were focused on modelling as many cars as they can, and modelling stuff that won't even be included would be a waste of time.

The good thing is, since the cars are made to be used in the future they will probably just add engines and stuff at some point.

Last edited:
I really think that all premium models are "PS4 ready". The models that are in GT6 are not the best ones that they have, they had to be downgraded to run on the PS3. They save polygons on stuff that we rarely see like the inside of the wheels, the underside of the cars and the engine under the hood, even though it's pretty clear that they DID scanned and modelled all of those things.

From GT5 videos:

If they cant model the backside of the wheel what makes you think they model engines that arent blatantly visible.

Actually most premium cars are not modelled beneath the surface. You can see that in GT5 by doing the Photo Travel glitch. The Toyota's engine in the gif above was probably done just for the trailer.

So you're saying that they went through all the trouble of modelling the engine, just to put it in one trailer for 2 seconds?

Did they also modelled and animated the GT-R engine for the sole purpose of putting it in the intro?

dzzYLXY.gif

It's very clear that they do model the engines for every car, but since there's not a feature like Autovista in GT5/GT6 there's no reason for it to be there when you can't see it.

There's a possibillity PD actually modelled al that but didn't include it on the games to save resources, but I'm pretty sure that's not the case since they were focused on modelling as many cars as they can, and modelling stuff that won't even be included would be a waste of time.

It wouldn't be a waste of time because they will eventually put that stuff in the future games, when the hardware can handle it. And it's just more convenient to model everything in one go.

If they cant model the backside of the wheel what makes you think they model engines that arent blatantly visible.
?

Like I said, they probably do model all that stuff, but just don't put it in the game to save resources.

And I just showed you 2 cars that have their engines modelled, even though they're not visible. There's no reason to think those 2 cars are the exception.

Back