Cars in GT6 that has PS4-Ready graphics.

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 664 comments
OK, not beta testing in that sense. on a sense of feedback. i think that based on crowd feedback, PD are now tailoring GT7. it would make sense of allot of their weird decisions over the last year. I can't really be bothered to explain much as it is 1:30 AM and i have a bit of a headache, but yeah, i think they were secretly 'beta testing' with GT6, but they just passed it off as a full game. It was very likely that GT6 got an enormous amount of revenue as well, so more money for GT7, right?

I would have thought the three year gap between GT5 and GT6 would have been plenty...

PD is well known for making their games with years apart. Tough love. Imo it will be worth the wait this time as well. Gran Turismo has always been great, even though every single game has had their flaws. But they're still Gran Turismo. We still play them. We should learn to appreciate what PD do for us sometimes.

Actually completely disagree with this post regarding Driveclub, it's pull factor is fantastic because it offers actual racing, where the A.I tries to overtake you and doesn't stick a racing line like their coding depends on it. Still though, why are you people saying that Driveclub's gameplay is bad because it's not as good as Gran Turismo's? Complete dumbery to act like arcade racers can't be good. Both games are 2 total different breeds. They only happen to share the same subject area.
It is a hard game to play, let's say you're a kid who likes to bash and crash a lot. Then this game is not for you. Face it, a lot of kids play racing games, and this game is not enjoyable more than a week straight. After a week you stop playing and only play it every now and then because it is "nice to look at". I think I'm an ok driver, but I still find this game a little bit too hard sometimes.

It is. But still. I like the steering animation, but this game doesn't have traction loss. All cars drive like they have ASM and TCS enabled. No options for this, it's just stuck like this.

Last edited:
I didn't say it was bad @Classic. And that failed quote of what I wrote earlier doesn't really apply to what you disagree with?

+ They don't try to overtake. They try to ram you off the road sometimes. :lol:

PD is well known for making their games with years apart. Tough love. Imo it will be worth the wait this time as well. Gran Turismo has always been great, even though every single game has had their flaws. But they're still Gran Turismo. We still play them. We should learn to appreciate what PD do for us sometimes.
One can appreciate all the positive things about Gran Turismo while at the same time recognize and discuss it's game breaking flaws. Gran Turismo has not always been great, more precisely, elements of it have been great, and other elements of it have been substandard and for a long time. For many, those elements of greatness are enough to overlook the glaring flaws, for others, not so much.

Last edited:
@Chameleon9000 if you mean ramming - Then yeah.. Haha. They do, don't they. It's so annoying.
Yes i did. And you know whats interesting? It isn't a problem that much on the realistic 'courses', but it is mind blowingly irritating on the touge style tracks where off the track means into a cliff face.

Lets compare the AI of the two games. GT6's AI is that awkward nerd who seems really nice but very weird, and apologizes for the slights mistakes and has almost no self esteem. DC's on the other hand is that annoying, pigheaded jock who marches through entire crowds pushing around the awkward nerds just because they are strange.

@Johnnypenso I hear what you're saying, and I do agree. It don't think we have to wait much longer until we get a Gran Turismo whicj includes most of the stuff we want. Meanwhile, we are free to do what we want.

Yes i did. And you know whats interesting? It isn't a problem that much on the realistic 'courses', but it is mind blowingly irritating on the touge style tracks where off the track means into a cliff face.

Lets compare the AI of the two games. GT6's AI is that awkward nerd who seems really nice but very weird, and apologizes for the slights mistakes and has almost no self esteem. DC's on the other hand is that annoying, pigheaded jock who marches through entire crowds pushing around the awkward nerds just because they are strange.

I know right! That is so true! Haha

They (PDI) blame the lack of computing power as the reason why engine swaps, great sound effects, good AI, decent damage modeling, and heat waves can't be included, yet they somehow have enough computing power to include models with extremely high poly counts. All these unnecessary polygons are the reason why they don't have computing power for other things.

They (PDI) blame the lack of computing power as the reason why engine swaps, great sound effects, good AI, decent damage modeling, and heat waves can't be included, yet they somehow have enough computing power to include models with extremely high poly counts. All these unnecessary polygons are the reason why they don't have computing power for other things.
Which is the very thing we hope they will fix for GT7. They said they will do whatever they couldn't do for GT6 in GT7. Remains to see what that means. What they will add in GT7 which wasn't possible for GT6.

Which is the very thing we hope they will fix for GT7. They said they will do whatever they couldn't do for GT6 in GT7. Remains to see what that means. What they will add in GT7 which wasn't possible for GT6.
They also said it will be "very Gran Turismo" and based on past history, that means pushing the hardware beyond it's limits resulting in unsteady frame rates, freezing, skipping frames, etc. Flash and marketing ahead of substance. Rebooting poor quality old assets not even up to PS3 standards let along PS4's, to pad the car count for marketing purposes. Going deep into the game's life cycle before the game is feature complete. Etc.

I'd prefer the game to "not very Gran Turismo" if that is the case.

One can appreciate all the positive things about Gran Turismo while at the same time recognize and discuss it's game breaking flaws. Gran Turismo has not always been great, more precisely elements of it have been great, and other elements of it have been substandard and for a long time. For many those elements of greatness are enough to overlook the glaring flaws, for others not so much.

Every game is like that.

They also said it will be "very Gran Turismo" and based on past history, that means pushing the hardware beyond it's limits resulting in unsteady frame rates, freezing, skipping frames, etc. Flash and marketing ahead of substance. Rebooting poor quality old assets not even up to PS3 standards let along PS4's, to pad the car count for marketing purposes. Going deep into the game's life cycle before the game is feature complete. Etc.

I'd prefer the game to "not very Gran Turismo" if that is the case.

GT7 aint out yet.

I love your funny comparison between GT6 and DriveClub. I simply love it. Why does everyone always compare ridiculous stuff? We can't compare anything to DC before GT7 comes, GT6 isn't for PS4, DC is :P

This reminds of people comparing GT6 to FM5, and saying GT sucks FM owns, it's silly. Last gen vs. next gen games can never be compared unless the next gen game really sucks.

Buuut that's just me.
haters-gonna-hate.jpg
Incredible, You start a thread asking if these models are PS4 ready then take issue when someone uses a PS4 game to compare to (how else can one determine if it is PS4 ready?) then you post a silly meme simply because you dont like the truth. (Your tattoo goes someway to explain this)
@SVX Relax, I think it's great to see the discussion flourish. Only thing that is undebatable is the fact DC is an arcade game. I think the graphics would be different if it was a sim with more cars on the track.
Yet despite claiming to see a discussion flourish you label someone a a hater when they have a different narative to a question you actually posed.
You are talking nonsense.
GT6 tries to get more or less 60 FPS on the PS3, while at the same time having a remarkably high resolution for such an old machine.
Driveclub only has 30 FPS on the PS4... stable or not stable, who cares, they're still 30 FPS, which is crap.
Im 100% confident if these numbers were the other way around you'd be singing the praises of PD for maintaining 30fps, LOl @who cares if its a stable 30fps which is crap haha, You are so tansparent.

Also i cannot stand the frame rate drops in GT6

It seems clear enough that you're one of those who like to hate on PD/GT just for the sake of it, or for fun, who knows.
Whilst you have proven time and again to be the exact opposite of a hater, You wil not look at gt as a product but as your baby brother. You can not debate with reason

SVX
And as a result of that PD will fall behind.

Full stable 30 fps mind you. Meanwhile GT6 goes up and down like a yoyo...

WTH ???

I cannot believe people having performance issue. People should play NFS shift2 unleashed, that game has frames and lag issue. F1 2013 in Bahrain track too is bad but other track it is ok. GT6 on other hand is smooth as butter.

Incredible, You start a thread asking if these models are PS4 ready then take issue when someone uses a PS4 game to compare to (how else can one determine if it is PS4 ready?) then you post a silly meme simply because you dont like the truth. (Your tattoo goes someway to explain this)
Yet despite claiming to see a discussion flourish you label someone a a hater when they have a different narative to a question you actually posed.
Okay this got me kinda confused. I see why you said that first thing, that was, I admit, kinda silly. But you have to agree it isn't the best game to compare with since DC is an arcade game and not sim. Give DC more cars on the track at the same time, then it would be a better comparison.

And then I get to the part I actually got offended by.
1. My tattoo has nothing to do with this. It is my way of honoring my dad. Which has been dead for 11 years on March the 19th. Choose your words carefully, mister. We used to play GT a lot together, and my family has a special bond, which I believe few others have. Noone I know has this close connection with their family.
2. What the 🤬? I did not label him a hater. I just disagreed to what he had to say. Am I not allowed to have my opinion, as he is allowed to have his, and you, for that matter, have yours?

And btw - I am not the only one who have posted memes here.

Yes please. I would like that very much. It started as discussion, evolved into arguing, now it has started to lean onto personal attacks. Back. On. Topic. Please.

In some situations, not in others:

GT6 if one of the smoothest games around if not the smoothest. GT5 spec 2.0 I remember they improved the fps. I guess for GT6 they did the same in some update. Without the numbers I am sure 99.8% people can't tell. But games like Shift2 unleashed, absolute supercars, F1 2013 bahrain track it is instantly noticeable.

Because utilizing pixelated textures and 3D models from a decade ago totally equates to style.
Lol. I was talking about the new-to-GT6 cars which has good adaptive tessellation. That was very well done.

If someone here can say with a straight-face that doing an all premium race in GT6 on the Red Bull Ring is 'buttery smooth' then I've heard absolutely everything that I could possibly imagine.

Back