Cars that Surprised you in GT5

  • Thread starter Thread starter Skython
  • 97 comments
  • 10,546 views
The 1973 Toyota TA22 Celica, the feeling of driving it is like no other.
 
:lol: Apparently the Enzo is alot quicker and easier to control on slicks. Case closed, but nonetheless the Civic on slicks can beat the Enzo on sports tyres.
 
Alfa Spider - Thought this car would be heavy and sluggish. I was so, so wrong.
Peugeot 207 GTi - Good looking and handling is good.
Ford Focus ST - Nippy and quite powerful.
Nissan Skyline Coupé 370GT - Good drift car.
Oh, and the Civic Type R '08. For an FF, amazing handling once fine-tuned.
 
Heath_1
:lol: Apparently the Enzo is alot quicker and easier to control on slicks. Case closed, but nonetheless the Civic on slicks can beat the Enzo on sports tyres.

Hehe, ok then, you saved me alot of money, i only had a max tuned enzo, said i had to buy another.

On-topic, I agree, with someone who said previously about the alfa zagato. The car, is a mini x2010 on slicks, flatout on alot of corners.
 
Last edited:
The Alfa Romeo "GIULIA TZ2 carrozzata da ZAGATO surprised me well! Only 250hp max tuned but handling so amazing. And what a sound! A real classic race car from the past. The Isuzu 4200R is quite fun too.

On the other side, i was quite disappointed by the F40. The Lambo NOMAD Gt1 was such a bad surprise after spending this money...
 
Nissan March 12SR. Fully tuned with sports soft tyres it was 1.5 seconds slower than my stock GT-R Spec V round the Top Gear Track. Also the handling is incredible when tuned right. No understeer at all... :-)
 
Lupo GTI Cup Car.
Mine beat a FT-86 Concept Sport '10 at Autumn Ring Mini.
 
TVR Speed 12.
Awsome ride, it was THE Beast in previous GT´s but in GT5 its almost superb.

Trial Celica.
Was a good ride in GT4 but in GT5 it´s my favourits FF-Car (I read the description and took it stock to the Ring => 7:44.7xx with Sport Soft)

Zondas.
For me the Zondas where undrivable in GT4 (they had break problems for me, even if I hammered 200m earlier in the brakes -_-) but in GT5 I love them :D Sound and driveability is huge.
 
The Jaguar S-TYPE R '02, got it because of the Top Gear episode, when Jeremy takes it around in under 10 minutes. Surprised me a lot. The other cars around the same BHP for some reason felt slow after I had raced a bit in the faster race cars. But this one seemed different, I loved the way it handled and felt to drive.

After driving this, I raced/drove a lot more lower BHP cars, and it was awesome. Thank you Jaguar S-TYPE R '02. :dopey:

If my memory serves me correctly, he did it in the Diesel version!
 
TVR Tuscan RM: I didn't expect it to be so understeery for an FR, but the light weight and high cornering made it pull some rather fast laps...
 
Others have mentioned the BMW 2002 and Toyota FT86, both of which I have tuned and favorited. I'd add the Acura DNX concept (good 4wd handling and some oomph too), Toyota 2000GT and Datsun 240ZG (both only allow normal aspiration, but have better handling and speed than their performance points would suggest).
 
In a good way:

-Honda Integra DC5 Type R- Just an amazing faster car!
-Mercedes Benz C63 AMG- Tyre eater, an awesome car
-Suzuki Cappucino RM - That little bastard is fun on the track
-Mitsubishi i miev- I love the seasonal event with this baby car
-NASCAR - They are more than just turn left

In a bad way:

-Bugatti Veyron - Ugly, doesn't turn
-Ferrari California - That thing shouldn't be aFerrari
-Honda CR Z - Booored, a shame because the car's design is really good
 
TVR V8S '91

Wonderful drifter, lightweight, magnificent engine sound.

Same with the Griffith 500, except for the engine sound, gotta try the other exhaust types.
 
The Lotus Elise 111R RM surprised me in a very good way. It's so quick around corners and maneuvers even better than I expected. After driving the Lamborghini Gallardo, I didn't expect much out of the Murcielago LP-670-4 SuperVeloce, but it turned out to be one of the best performing production cars in the game in my opinion.

As for surprisingly disappointing cars, the Bugatti Veyron takes the cake as it has the most understeer out of anything I've ever driven. The TVR Cerbera Speed 12 is almost as disappointing. Seriously, the Cerbera Speed 12 is a very lightweight FR car. How the hell does it understeer so much? Another disappointing car is the Lamborghini Gallardo LP-560-4. It understeers, sucks at braking and is inferior to the Ferrari 458 Italia, Ferrari 430 Scuderia and McLaren MP4-12C in every way. The Lexus LFA is very similar to the Gallardo in performance, but even slower and far more costly.
 
Last edited:
Biggest surprise was:

Jaguar E-type
WW polo race car
Ugly ISUZU car (dont remember its name, but its premium model)

had great fun with them.

and many others like Honda, Subaru, Jag, some german cars. I found that old cars in GT are more fun to drive. Cars with bad aerodynamics are most fun for me.. dont know why..
 
I got to say the CRZ and Z4M Coupe both surprised me, the CRZ is fun if you dont focus on how slow it accelerates and just enjoy that nice tight chassis and keeping the momentum up.. and this little thing was quick enough to toast the front wheel drive cars championship stock at deep forest.. the Z4 i was expecting to understeer, instead its perfect for my driving style and the metallic shriek of the 3.2 inline 6 is just beyond unholy, driving that car actually brings a smile to my face
 
The Lotus Elise 111R RM surprised me in a very good way. It's so quick around corners and ma

for surprisingly disappointing cars, the Bugatti Veyron takes the cake as it has the most understeer out of anything I've ever driven. The TVR Cerbera Speed 12 is almost as disappointing. Seriously, the Cerbera Speed 12 is a very lightweight FR car. How the hell does it understeer so much? Another disappointing car is the Lamborghini Gallardo LP-560-4. It understeers, sucks at braking and is inferior to the Ferrari 458 Italia, Ferrari 430 Scuderia and McLaren MP4-12C in every way.

The Veyron despite its understeer can still peform better lap times than any production car, your just not the best driver

Dont call the gallardo disapointing, it is not supposed to rival any of the supercars mentioned, the Superleggra is being more realistic.

Agree with the LFA, but doesnt it have a higher top speed and better aero than the LP560?
 
The Veyron despite its understeer can still peform better lap times than any production car, your just not the best driver

Dont call the gallardo disapointing, it is not supposed to rival any of the supercars mentioned, the Superleggra is being more realistic.

Agree with the LFA, but doesnt it have a higher top speed and better aero than the LP560?

Who mentioned lap times? I've tested my Veyron and the lap times are generally very good but it's still the most disappointing car and I hate driving it. As for the LFA, I'm not sure of its top speed compared to the LP-560 and I don't put aero kits on them so I don't really know. All I know is that these cars surprised me in a negative way.
 
Ford GT was a big surprise, always thought they were hard to drive but I drove it stock in GT5 and fell in love. Same goes for the Zondas.
 
The Ford GT was much easier to drive than I'd become used to in GT5P.

The Lamborghini Murcielago and Lotus Elise (and from what I've heard, the Ferrari Enzo) are much more difficult to control than I expected.

I also hadn't realized how poorly the Mercedes SLS handles (as Jeremy Clarkson confirmed).
 
better : Corvette Z06 '05 , it tought that it would be a waste of money because i already owned the ZR1. But it's better handling because it has a little less horsepower and the same fun.:)

worser: FGT , it just doesn't like me :indiff: , and the ZR1 RM , the sound ruins the whole car
 
+
Redbull X2010
Shelby Cobra
Jaguar XJ13 Race Car
Alfa Romeo 155 DTM
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 RM


-
Lamborghini's
Bugatti Veyron
Jay Leno Tank Car
Dodge Challenger SRT8
 
I was surprised by:

The 10 million Alfa Romeo TZ: The Only under 300Hp car in my garage... drives like a dream and it's beautiful :)

GT by Citroen Race Car: Has to be one of the most aggresive looking cars ever created :dopey:... too bad it lacks power & top speed... :ouch:

The Ruf cars... is it just me or they have an awful handling? :crazy:

GT-One and Sauber Merc C9: They are track monsters... but they sound like crap :grumpy: It surprises me that PD couldn't deliver a better engine sound for them...
 
Tommy Kaira ZZII - Striked me as the only AWD car that doesn't understeer like a brick and is actually raceable.
 
Tommy Kaira ZZII - Striked me as the only AWD car that doesn't understeer like a brick and is actually raceable.

The Suzuki ESCUDO Dirt Trial '98 doesn't understeer either.
 
Some Cars which are mentioned under "negative surprise" aren´t really negativ.
Just the tunes the posters use are crap.
Enzo ---> understeers allot and it turns into snap oversteer
but with a little LSD/Suspension-Tweak its awsomly fast.

Same goes for Speed12/Veyron. I can do same range Laptimes with F430/Scud/458 and Gallardo
=> You just have to deal with the cars

In real life the newer Lambo´s are "Softies" due to AUDI -_- (Countach´s aren´t xD)
=> you´ll have to tune them (except the Chromeline Murci it´s a beast) to be better
 
Last edited:
The Cobra 427 and the Mazda Furai really surprised me. The RX-8 LM was surprising to.
 
Dont call the gallardo disapointing, it is not supposed to rival any of the supercars mentioned, the Superleggra is being more realistic.
The hell are you talking about? The Gallardo's entire point of existence is to compete with the V8 Ferrari models. And in GT5, it fails, because it drives like absolute garbage.








I was really surprised by the Cizeta. It drove stupid bad in GT4, far worse than it possibly could have in real life. This was partially because of failings of the GT4 physics engine (the crappy brake system, for one. The crappy transmission modelling, for two. It is for this reason that I'm also pleasantly surprised for all of the cars that suffered from these screwups in GT4, like the SL-Class Mercedes models, the Ford GT and the Peugoet 905), but it also tended to slide all over the place for no reason, even at really low speeds. In GT5, though, the car drives great. It is still obviously a big, impractical supercar, but now it is actually usable in races against what could be viewed as its peers.
 
good surprise:
87 mugen motul civic, incredible awesome FWD car
Corvette Z1 RM
458 Italia, i know that shouldn't be a surprise, but it's just gorgeous
Impreza 05'(?) RM
Lambo Countach 74', just impressive

bad surprise:
Gallardo
599
Enzo


there are a lot more, but i don't remember them.
 
Back