Cars that Surprised you in GT5

  • Thread starter Thread starter Skython
  • 97 comments
  • 10,546 views
Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo. Holy ****! ('nuf said).

Other nice notable surprises for me are the M3 CSL, IS-F racing concept, Ford GT (almost any version), HPA G37, Wedsport race car, and Audi R8 5.2. Like someone else mentioned, I was also impressed with the 2010 Camaro.

Biggest disappointment had to be the Veyron.

I can't understand anyone dogging the Gallardo. Once tuned, it handles very well and is a blast to drive.

This thread is more proof that people confuse the phrase "fully tuned" with "fully modded", and it seems most people don't have the ability (or desire) to do anything with a car unless it's maxed to 21691263983 hp with racing slicks on it.
 
Despite its low hp (725) comparing to real life, the Toyota Supra can be a real beast for drag racing in this game, both 1/4 and full ssr7 tunnel. The Supra is also one of the hardest cars to tune for drag. I wish the Supa had like 800 hp, than i would beat almost every car. Pliz PD make the Supra premium, and add more hp to it in gt6 :)


what are the max numbers for the Supras in GT5?

Haven't had one pop up in UCD/OCD yet.
 
He's right it's around 725, but I laughed at the part about him in an 800 HP Supra beating almost every car.
 
He's right it's around 725, but I laughed at the part about him in an 800 HP Supra beating almost every car.

numbers are actually low for what's attainable IRL (even being street legal). But the turbo lag that it takes to get there is pretty brutal.

that being said, the furai concept surprised me the most. partly because I didn't even use it until looking for a way to beat "like the wind."
 
TVR T350c
sagaris20w-large.jpg


I wish it was a premium
 
what are the max numbers for the Supras in GT5?

Haven't had one pop up in UCD/OCD yet.

There 2 stock supras the rz and sz-r
my rz only have 714 hp and my sz-r have 400

as for racing supras .. alot
 
It's been a long time since this post was updated, but I was wishing to share my opinions (I ALWAYS drive cars as stock):

Cars better than expected:

BMW M3 CSL: Althought I expected it to handle well, it surprised me. It's a BLAST in corners, I think is the best cornering not-that-lightweight car I've tried. It feels like you have better tyres than you actually have, just impressive.

Toyota MR-S Spyder: Only 140bhp but it feels like 200 due to lightweight. What a feeling this cars provides, the steering feels so light. The car just lets you do whatever you want, it's a pleasure.

Mazda RX-8 (premium one): Not that blast but... What a sound!!! And if fells very soft and pleasant.

Mitsubishi Lancer EVO X: The opposite as RX-8: Not that pleasant to drive, but it's astonishingly fast for it's power. I am faster with it than with R34 Skyline for example.

Toyota 2000GT: Just what a pleasure, I don't care how slow it is...

Worse than expected:

Ferrari F430 and 430 Scuderia: They don't feel that bad, but I expected them both to be a little faster (maybe I expected the F430 to be as fast as the Scuderia is, and expected the Scuderia to be slightly faster).

TVR Tuscan Speed 6: I honestly don't understand how such a lightweight and powerful FR car understeers so much. For instance, it's got more power and way less weight than my beloved M3 CSL, however the CSL kicks Tuscan around every track, just see it for yourself.
 
Ford GT LM Test Car

In Indy it takes turns at 360 km/h, and you still have to ease up with the steering because it still want's to turn more. Beats Group C's and LM Prototypes without breaking a sweat. Not to mention it handles smooth and neutral, just with a brutal oversteer if you floor it out of turns, but it only does it if you intentionally do so. It also feels lighter than the 1100kg that it's suppose to weight.

It feels like your cruising in a street Ford GT, and is not until you look at the speedometer when you realize how fast it is.

AND IT STILL HAS THE STOCK INTERIOR! :)
 
Back