CARS - The features that set it apart

Well SMS has a choice to use the X1 Azure servers as all game can use them for free. I think SMS would be blind if they at least didn't use this FREE option.
I know but 'parity' and that to be honest the way Azure works is not amazing right now, if there are people in your lobby that are located far away from the hosts closest server their ping is terrible, it's what causes the 'rubber banding lag on Forza 5 and why it can take a while to find a game on Titanfall, however Respawn did fix that issue and support for Forza was crap, so maybe SMS can do something about it. Also remember this? http://www.totalxbox.com/69305/proj...-slightly-mad-has-top-secret-ideas-for-cloud/

Last edited:
Yeah I've experienced that rubbanding lag in Forza. T10 pretended like it wasn't happening so they never fixed it. No support for that game other than DLC.

Not replays but spectating. Online. Live telemetry. Forza does not do that.

you can do that in GT6, I've done it several times with the folks I regularly race with. You can cycle through all the competitors and choose the view and get their HUD telemetry too. Although because cars other than your own are all over the place, I get motion sickness if I watch too long.:ill:

"
  • Wheels are detachable if involved in a crash.
  • If you make contact with another wheel in an open wheel car, like in real life, your car could get unsettled, or worse launched up in the air (i.e. Mark Webber 2010)
"

Updated.

Just watching F1 and got me thinking whether the rear wing vapour trails are replicated in PCars especially in rainy conditions when braking into corners?

Have anyone seen this. If not and have the latest PCars built on PC, any chance to try it an let us know :cheers:

vortices1.jpg

"
  • Wheels are detachable if involved in a crash.
  • If you make contact with another wheel in an open wheel car, like in real life, your car could get unsettled, or worse launched up in the air (i.e. Mark Webber 2010)
"

Updated.
thats happens many a time in pcars

Is this confirmed? Was starting to get excited by this game but this really turned me off (especially with the exclamation marks and bold font ).
Nah, those exclamation marks and bold font were made by me because, well, who doesn't like Grid girls? Its only a minor detail in the game that you'll hardly ever notice anyways. I just pointed it out in an Heterosexual way. Nothing to worry about.

Nah, those exclamation marks and bold font were made by me because, well, who doesn't like Grid girls? Its only a minor detail in the game that you'll hardly ever notice anyways. I just pointed it out in an Heterosexual way. Nothing to worry about.
Yeah sorry, just tired of the heterosexual male bias in racing. I'm gonna go back to getting excited again..:cheers:

^ Thats the reason why it was chosen not to make a special female driver model, after a discussion of the subject. Since you will never see your driver without a suit or outside of the car, the time of the character team is spent better elsewhere.

Will consoles have the full Lemans grid?

I hope we get full grids on the console version, fingers crossed

As I want to try to re-create the FIA GT BLANCPAIN Endurance series as best I can, and having a full grid as close to 50+ cars would be awesome.

**EDIT** I mean in single player against AI. Not online

Last edited:
There will be 3 problems with a full LeMans grid (if you are talking online). For a 50 car field for a 24 hour race you'll need on the order of 150 people MINIMUM. Then there's the problem of lag with so many on the grid which requires the game to handle 50 cars and for the server to have the bandwidth. Then of course, will pCars have driver swaps?

I'm new to pCars and have not tried it out yet (I got interested too late to get in on the kickstarter) and I don't if or how well each of these will be implemented. Right now rF2 [technically] can do this as endurance racing online is pretty much all that rF2 does well, but it lacks the drivers.

THE AI IS UNIQUE TO THE RACING GAME GENERE. GRID 2 AI gets aggressive if you get aggressive but with PC there are alot of options.

There will be 3 problems with a full LeMans grid (if you are talking online). For a 50 car field for a 24 hour race you'll need on the order of 150 people MINIMUM. Then there's the problem of lag with so many on the grid which requires the game to handle 50 cars and for the server to have the bandwidth. Then of course, will pCars have driver swaps?

I'm new to pCars and have not tried it out yet (I got interested too late to get in on the kickstarter) and I don't if or how well each of these will be implemented. Right now rF2 [technically] can do this as endurance racing online is pretty much all that rF2 does well, but it lacks the drivers.
I heard that the PS4 can run 50 online, and that SMS is planning on making use of the cloud for the xbone somehow.

My favorite feature of p cars is the motion blur and helmet cam, the way your driver will angle his vision toward the apex and his head sway from g forces, the way the car interior blurs and the road is put into focus on corners, and the tunnel vision at high-speeds. The best most immersive thing in racing Sims.

My favorite feature of p cars is the motion blur and helmet cam, the way your driver will angle his vision toward the apex and his head sway from g forces, the way the car interior blurs and the road is put into focus on corners, and the tunnel vision at high-speeds. The best most immersive thing in racing Sims.
Agree, a lot of people like it and a lot of people don't. Myself personally, I like it, it will be hella fun to have it on in the Formula A's.

It doesn't make any sense to me -- having the camera automatically look into the corner throws off my frame of reference, and the auto-focusing blur has nothing to do with where I want to look at a given moment -- but I'm all for the option being there. :)
Preferance I guess :) I sure as hell wont be using it during league races, but say I'm bored and its a sunday afternoon, Ill try it out haha

I apologize in advance, but I didn't know where to ask this question. I noticed there is mention of engine temp and oil temp. Can someone explain how these temperatures will affect game play?

Back