CARS - The features that set it apart

Does anybody know if it has been confirmed that the Cockpit FOV can be adjusted on the console versions as in the PC version?

Also, can the hand and wheel animations be turned off in the console versions?

Also, can the hand and wheel animations be turned off in the console versions?

I mentioned this in another thread, and someone replied that a cockpit view without the steering wheel is in there, but the thought never crossed my mind that the PC version would have this option and the console versions not.

I mentioned this in another thread, and someone replied that a cockpit view without the steering wheel is in there, but the thought never crossed my mind that the PC version would have this option and the console versions not.

Didn't they say at one point that the next gen console versions would have the same bells and whistles as the PC version? I might be mistaking, but I thought they said something like that when they were talking about differences between PC and PS3/X360 (before those got scrapped)

Didn't they say at one point that the next gen console versions would have the same bells and whistles as the PC version? I might be mistaking, but I thought they said something like that when they were talking about differences between PC and PS3/X360 (before those got scrapped)

I don't know. I wasn't even aware that there were even going to be differences between PC and console other than graphical differences.

I don't know. I wasn't even aware that there were even going to be differences between PC and console other than graphical differences.

Unfortunately games on pc are always more adjustable and have more options than the console versions. So sms has the unique chance to allow console gamers the same settings/options as the pc gamers will have.

Sms, if you read this, it's your chance :D

That appears to be the plan. I can't find Ian Bell's quote (maybe I saw it on the WMD forum before they locked out access to non-paid members like me), but here:
Yep, feature-wise, the game on consoles will be identical to the PC version (the exact quote was '....it will be 1:1 feature-wise....', that came from Ian Bell).

As far as we're aware, that is still the case (proved by the PS4 build at E3 when the camera settings had been messed about with).

Can someone confirm that if you're in a open wheeled car, and one of your tires makes contact with another cars tires, you get launched up in the air? (Like Mark Webber in 2010).

I just pray it blows gran turismo away, hope they saw all the issues we were complaining about on GT series over the years & make an outstanding game for Kaz & PD never cared about what we the fans wanted, there for come on PROJECT CARS hope you are everything you say & then some I'm routing for you, lots of cars great tracks, great physics & especially many options to allow us to race our races not be told how or what to race.

Last edited:
Same applies for Forza

I don't have an Xbox, so I haven't spent that much time with Forza, but from the several hours that I did play Forza 3 (I think it was 3) I think Forza is more fun as a game than GT. GT has better physics, but Forza is more fun to spend time on because of the livery editor and more customization/modification options. But the racing in both games suck.

Can we get confirmation on that Driver Rating system I heard about? That would be something for the list
I'd like some more details on how that's going to work as well. There's a very simple one in Grid Autosport but I can already see how it can be effective and some of the potential pitfalls.

Back