Cars the movie

  • Thread starter Thread starter CAMAROBOY69
  • 58 comments
  • 4,039 views
^I don't remember any Kenny G music, so it must not have been that noticeable.
 
I liked the movie a lot. The subtle things about real car things like how Luigi is a Fiat 500, or how that rival was Buick GNX and the other a Superbird/Charger Daytona were just plain awesome. I really liked how they incorporated something for the Pixar fans and the car buffs too.

I was considerably annoyed by the amount of kids in theatre. Will definetely enjoy this one much more when it comes out on DVD.
 
kylehnat
^I don't remember any Kenny G music, so it must not have been that noticeable.

Remember on the freeway, with the ricers?

"Hey, yo, DJ!!"

"What up?"

"We got ourselves a nodder!!"

Kenny G was the music that DJ played.
 
live4speed
It was a good movie, brilliant animation. The neice enjoyed it a lot.
That's interesting as it's not out in the UK yet :p

Saw the trailer, it looked kinda funny, but I'm not gonna pay the extorionate cinema price for it.
 
Who said I wantched it in the UK? Well actually I did, in my private cinema, cheaper than UCI.
 
That was good. I enjoyed it, and I'll be getting it when the DVD rolls around.

Which car was Darrell Waltrip? I saw the No. 8 NASCAR, but assumed it was Dale Earnhart Jr.

No Minis though :( But then it is set in America, where they're rare, so I can let Pixar off.
 
Roo
That was good. I enjoyed it, and I'll be getting it when the DVD rolls around.

Which car was Darrell Waltrip? I saw the No. 8 NASCAR, but assumed it was Dale Earnhart Jr.

No Minis though :( But then it is set in America, where they're rare, so I can let Pixar off.
Darrell Waltrip was Darrell Cartrip in the movie. He was one of the announcers.
 
Roo
That was good. I enjoyed it, and I'll be getting it when the DVD rolls around.

Which car was Darrell Waltrip? I saw the No. 8 NASCAR, but assumed it was Dale Earnhart Jr.

No Minis though :( But then it is set in America, where they're rare, so I can let Pixar off.
Spoiler*

#8 was indeed Dale Jr. He plays a fan of The King, and is named Junior.
 
Took my 6 year old to see it last night, and have to say we both enjoyed it.

Some nice little touches for car fans to spot and the annimation was at time stunning, this one will be a must get on DVD (and I can say its for the kids as well).

Regards

Scaff
 
I saw the movie a while back and loved it. Being a NASCAR fan I was laughing at a lot of jokes a lot of people in the theatre didn't get, so that was kinda weird, and being a car guy, there were some other jokes in there that a lot of other people didn't get.

BTW: How was Clarkson as Harv? I keep trying to imagine it in my head, but I just can't seem to wrap my head around it...
 
Wow. Reading though this and everyone loved it. I turned it off about half way because I thought it was boring and annoying.

Each to their own.
 
Well, they could have cut about 30-45 mins out of the movie, but, whatever...
 
YSSMAN
BTW: How was Clarkson as Harv? I keep trying to imagine it in my head, but I just can't seem to wrap my head around it...

Just been to see this with my sis and she actually spotted that Clarkson played Harv before i did. He sounds really great of course: very over-the-top Clarkson in places, but that's all good.

Liked the film, twas very funny 👍 I liked Luigi's friend the most - "Pitstop?"
 
Casio
Wow. Reading though this and everyone loved it. I turned it off about half way because I thought it was boring and annoying.

Each to their own.

Yeah, I remember when everyone was talking about Team America somewhere. I turned that off after about 10-15 minutes. However, I enjoyed Cars.
 
donbenni
Just been to see this with my sis and she actually spotted that Clarkson played Harv before i did. He sounds really great of course: very over-the-top Clarkson in places, but that's all good.

I didn't like the American guy who did Harv.... You know, the guy from Entourage and the Ellen show?

JeremyPive_Cohen_9627545_400.jpg
 
YSSMAN
I didn't like the American guy who did Harv.... You know, the guy from Entourage and the Ellen show?

I've got no idea what you're talking about.
 
Cars was like every otehr Pixar movie for me. Which isnt a good thing. Most Pixar movies i have found to be very overated & just generally not funny. Especially The Incerdibles & Monsters Inc, i liked Nemo tho.

It was far to long & seemed more aimed at children to me. the person i saw it with hated it & set it was far tto much of a "do the right thing" film. I agree, but it had some good bits. And i liked Matter (spelling?).
6/10
 
donbenni
I've got no idea what you're talking about.

Thats allright. I think it was quite silly that they didn't just use Clarkson as Harv. Some Americans would have gotten it...
 
I loved it. I also follow NASCAR a little so I liked some of the jokes they made.
 
YSSMAN
Thats allright. I think it was quite silly that they didn't just use Clarkson as Harv. Some Americans would have gotten it...

Oh right yeah sorry i didn't realize that JC hadn't been in the American version.
 
Saw it today, and I must say it was bloody good.

Lots of little jokes that I found funny, my brother (aged 9) also found plenty to laugh at. Hell, even my sister who's 19 enjoyed it, thought that was mainly for the scenes during the credits and the little Italian fork-lift.

8/10
 
I just saw this for the first time tonight, and I enjoyed it - although it was touch and go for a bit... the film kind of grinds to a shuddering halt and then gradually picks up from there. Needless to say, it looks stunning - especially on Blu-ray (and an HDTV :D) and there are some typically clever/funny moments (I noticed the Emeryville references!), but it never quite reaches the level of Toy Story, and I actually preferred Wall-E to this too - but perhaps I'm not the target audience, and I look forward to being able to watch this when my nephew is a bit older... he's one year old tomorrow, and he already loves cars, so maybe in a few years time then... maybe the rental company will want the disc back a bit sooner than that though!

7/10 Rent 👍 Buy? 👎/👍
 
I'm not the target audience, and I look forward to being able to watch this when my nephew is a bit older...
Being an owner of 2 beings of the target audience (:p), I can confirm that it is indeed popular.* So much so that my wife, just last night actually, said she is still looking for Jay Limo to go along with our countless other Cars cars.

*Especially Mater
 
It's rediulous how many spinoff cars they've created in the toy line though.

I keep seeing 1/72nd toys I don't even recognize from the movie.
 
o.O

MWAHAHHAHA....

now if that don't give da Boss some ideas...
"Rightninga Makreen" got the Super Sentai treatment :P
btw...when they "modified" Mater...they put him back in his stock color (check the movie's flashback to the heyday of Radiator Springs, Mater's original paint scheme/Livery is Baby Blue)
 
Back