Cars tyers

  • Thread starter Thread starter hilp
  • 39 comments
  • 2,442 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
3
Saudi Arabia
ksa
Messages
ALBIRT-WESKER
Can some on tall my why thay dont blow up and where i can find gt5 game dercter on twetr ? Oh i forgat am from ksa :)
 
I.... what.....?
 
Can some on tall my why thay dont blow up and where i can find gt5 game dercter on twetr ? Oh i forgat am from ksa :)

I.....er.....well......

Where to begin?
 
Can someone tell him why the tires in GT5 do not blow up. He is from KSA. (Where ever the **** that is...)
 
cars tyres dont blow up
 
Why would they "blow up"!? I have never been in a car and its tyres have blown up.

That's ludicrous.

Also, what the hell kind of language are you speaking/typing? It's one I have never seen before.
 
Saudi arbic
 
Okay. First of all, please go and read the AUP you accepted to adhere to when you joined this site.

Secondly, why would the tyres explode? without any kind of recovery vehicle system in the game this would be absolutely pointless.
 
Okay. First of all, please go and read the AUP you accepted to adhere to when you joined this site.

Secondly, why would the tyres explode? without any kind of recovery vehicle system in the game this would be absolutely pointless.

👍
 
Secondly, why would the tyres explode? without any kind of recovery vehicle system in the game this would be absolutely pointless.

Never mind a recovery vehicle, why would they explode at all?

Also what is this guy talking about here?


and where i can find gt5 game dercter on twetr ?

I'm lost with this. I think by twetr he must mean Twitter. I just don't understand anything else.
 
KSA is Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Seems like he talks bad english....
 
Not sure but I think the last bit is a question about where to find GT5 on Twitter and if that's true then there is no official Twitter account for Gran Turismo that I'm aware of but there is for.....

Kaz Yamauchi - twitter.com/Kaz_Yamauchi
GT Planet - twitter.com/GTPlanetNews
 
KSA is Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Seems like he talks bad english....

I know people who talk bad English, this guy just destroys it.
 
Never mind a recovery vehicle, why would they explode at all?

I would imagine he's referring to the increased degradation caused by drifting, it can cause a tyre to explode once particular conditions are met.

Under normal racing conditions however? there's very rarely a situation when a tyre would explode but I have seen it happen
 
Can some on tall my why thay dont blow up and where i can find gt5 game dercter on twetr ? Oh i forgat am from ksa :)
Can some one tell my why they (tire) dont blow up and where i can find gt5 game director on twitter ? Oh i forgot i am from KSA :)
 
I would imagine he's referring to the increased degradation caused by drifting, it can cause a tyre to explode once particular conditions are met.

Under normal racing conditions however? there's very rarely a situation when a tyre would explode but I have seen it happen

You have seen a tyre just explode from overuse? Or from debris? The second is very believable, the first......not so much, if it is true however, whoever was responsible for that cars pit strategy wants sacking.
 
You have seen a tyre just explode from overuse? Or from debris? The second is very believable, the first......not so much, if it is true however, whoever was responsible for that cars pit strategy wants sacking.

I couldn't tell you. I remember once in a V8 supercar race a tyre exploded with no evident debris, but being on TV and not actually being there I can't say for sure so it's not my place to comment on it one way or another.

But there's many different factors to a tyre exploding from overuse under normal racing conditions, the most common would be poor judgement from a pit director, close second would be the PSI being far too high on a cold day to get the tyre heat up quicker.
However, under conditions where a car is drifting around a lot, using a lot of the tread and causing incredible heat in the rubber, it can cause the tyre to give in.

Like I said, "when certain conditions are met". But I'm not an expert on tyres, it's one of the parts of automechanics I haven't studied as much as I should.

But the point is; there's no reason for Gran Turismo to replicate it nor are we the people to talk to about why a mechanic isn't in the game.
Though it is frequently forgotten, we are not Polyphony Digital, we're a community of an unofficial forum.
 
Last edited:
Okay. First of all, please go and read the AUP you accepted to adhere to when you joined this site.

Herein lies the problem, call it a paradox if you prefer... if he cannot read/write English very well, how can he fully understand the AUP...? :sly:
 
Herein lies the problem, call it a paradox if you prefer... if he cannot read/write English very well, how can he fully understand the AUP...? :sly:

Ok, I got this.

Can some on tall my why thay dont blow up and where i can find gt5 game dercter on twetr ? Oh i forgat am from ksa :)

If you are going to continue to talk to people using this forum. You have to use full English, not broken English, or shattered English, or any other variation of English.

It's to make it easier for everyone to understand. If you can't read or write in English, then all I can suggest is finding a Saudi Gran Turismo forum.
 
Herein lies the problem, call it a paradox if you prefer... if he cannot read/write English very well, how can he fully understand the AUP...? :sly:

Then perhaps he should find another forum better suited to his needs.

The rules are the rules, I've never seen an exception just because of somebodies nationality.
The language rules are there so that people who have a limited grasp on the English language can understand the threads.

That goal is undermined somewhat when a post contains words that, though similar, aren't in the English language or are completely different words all together.
 
The language rules are there so that people who have a limited grasp on the English language can understand the threads

Can you see the problem with that comment?

People are very quick to play the "Read the AUP" card but I'd rather help new people.

I've sent him a message in what I hope is his native language with the link to http://www.bing.com/translator/

This may help him to convey his queries on here in a more acceptable form for everyone to understand (and have more chance of conforming to the AUP)
 
Also, what the hell kind of language are you speaking/typing? It's one I have never seen before.

A little harsh on a non native English speaker surely?

He did his best, I post on French and German speaking (Or should that be written?) site and have never had a reaction to my bad French, or worse German, that was less than polite. Even if it was sometimes a puzzled reaction!
 
Can you see the problem with that comment?

People are very quick to play the "Read the AUP" card but I'd rather help new people.

I've sent him a message in what I hope is his native language with the link to http://www.bing.com/translator/

This may help him to convey his queries on here in a more acceptable form for everyone to understand (and have more chance of conforming to the AUP)

Not particularly to be perfectly honest, I'm not trying to be rude nor am I trying to play moderator here. It's just a case of explaining the rules so that he's aware of them.

If he can't understand the rules then I've done everything I can to help make his stay in this forum both longer and more pleasant and it's no longer in my hands.
 
Last edited:
A little harsh on a non native English speaker surely?

He did his best, I post on French and German speaking (Or should that be written?) site and have never had a reaction to my bad French, or worse German, that was less than polite. Even if it was sometimes a puzzled reaction!

I'm sorry, but I simply refuse to believe that was he's best attempt at English.
 
Can you see the problem with that comment?

People are very quick to play the "Read the AUP" card but I'd rather help new people.

I've sent him a message in what I hope is his native language with the link to http://www.bing.com/translator/

This may help him to convey his queries on here in a more acceptable form for everyone to understand (and have more chance of conforming to the AUP)

👍

Even though I got lost trying to read what he said, yall should reread the AUP yourselves.

You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack any individual or any group.

I think dude got your point the first time about his English. Telling him multiple times, when you knew what he meant is unnecessary. If yall can read, it say report said post and move on.

👍 to roflcoptor for actually helping.

Now back on point it would be cool if tires blew out. But just like their damage engine a lot of things have gotten left out.
 
👍

Even though I got lost trying to read what he said, yall should reread the AUP yourselves.



I think dude got your point the first time about his English. Telling him multiple times, when you knew what he meant is unnecessary. If yall can read, it say report said post and move on.

👍 to roflcoptor for actually helping.

Now back on point it would be cool if tires blew out. But just like their damage engine a lot of things have gotten left out.

You seem to be confused as to what harassing means. (Assuming what you've said is aimed at me, considering you've quoted rofl who was talking to me)

Harassing would be abusing him for not speaking proper English. I am pointing out to him that his posts do not conform to the standards required by this forum, nothing more nothing less.

As for "reporting him and moving on" I pointed out the flaw and then proceeded to answer the question, it's hardly my fault I was "called" on how I pointed him in the direction of the forum rules which lead to further discussion on the topic.
 
You seem to be confused as to what harassing means. (Assuming what you've said is aimed at me, considering you've quoted rofl who was talking to me)

Harassing would be abusing him for not speaking proper English. I am pointing out to him that his posts do not conform to the standards required by this forum, nothing more nothing less.

As for "reporting him and moving on" I pointed out the flaw and then proceeded to answer the question, it's hardly my fault I was "called" on how I pointed him in the direction of the forum rules which lead to further discussion on the topic.

I was aiming at everyone that had to put in unnecessary comments.
Also there are multiple definitions of harassment. I couldn't find the line about leave a thread alone. So I used that one. Anyways yall probably scared him off 3 posts in to his gtp life and he hasn't responded in 2 1/2 hours. Excuse me for telling y'all strait cause he cant.

I still say yall need to reread the AUP you violate the same rules you enforce so well.
This is what I get:dunce:
*walks away after bowing out*
 
I was aiming at everyone that had to put in unnecessary comments.
Also there are multiple definitions of harassment. I couldn't find the line about leave a thread alone. So I used that one. Anyways yall probably scared him off 3 posts in to his gtp life and he hasn't responded in 2 1/2 hours. Excuse me for telling y'all strait cause he cant.

I still say yall need to reread the AUP you violate the same rules you enforce so well.
This is what I get:dunce:
*walks away after bowing out*

I'm sorry but, the rules are very clear about what language is acceptable.
You seem to be implying that I'm a bad person for telling him that he was breaking the rules.. which makes no sense.

If he leaves this forum for one that is better suited for his needs that's a better solution for everyone, rather than him struggling with a language he clearly doesn't have a firm grasp on.

Either way, I felt you were aiming that specifically at me because of your wording and the way you quoted so I apologise if that's incorrect.

As for "Violating the AUP" I've done no such thing, I'm not being abusive, I'm being informative. I left the discussion about language alone after the initial post directing him to the AUP to let him know his posts weren't acceptable, after that I discussed the topic he had brought up like any other thread I was interested in.
 
I was not aminig it at you. You win!
 
I was not aminig it at you. You win!

Just wanted to make it clear, I'll leave it now. I just really didn't want any misconceptions.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back