Cars uncustomizable?/Update: check post 1 to get some taste of what it should've been

  • Thread starter Thread starter Darkpitiless
  • 345 comments
  • 28,147 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im talking about the wheels on standard models. We had it in gt4, as much as people want to believe it is a whole new game engine. Its not, its an evolution of gt5p. And that was an evolution of gt4. If you think its perfectly acceptable for a company spend 5 years racing cars and having fun, spend SIXTY MILLION DOLLARS "producing a game" and LOSE functionality that they already had.....if you think that is acceptable, then you my friend truly are just a stereotypical fanboy.

Seems like you need to read up a bit more. Yes GT5p was an evolution of GT4's code, but that code was only slightly modified and then turfed out once prologue had gone gold. Through the entirety of development the GT5 engine was separate from anything else. The first we ever saw of it was last year in the demo.
 
I hope you can change a few things on the cars - wheels and aero mainly.

The toyata FT-86 for example was shown as a standard car an then a tweaked tuned version - thats the modding I hope will be available. But I'm sure its just a sport model done by the company.
 
@pushaz99

I suggest you take your ridiculous insults elsewhere and come back when you've grown up a little.

Fixed that for you.
 
Seems like you need to read up a bit more. Yes GT5p was an evolution of GT4's code, but that code was only slightly modified and then turfed out once prologue had gone gold. Through the entirety of development the GT5 engine was separate from anything else. The first we ever saw of it was last year in the demo.

Really? that TT demo felt an aweful lot like gt5p. It had the same low speed physics issues, It had the same crazy tyre dynamics. Its strange that a company would completely rebuild a system from the ground up, Only to have the same problems. Dont blindly believe everything you read, engage that thing between your ears and make a judgement from your own experience.
 
Willbo I was under the impression that the ft-86 was always a premium model? even from the gt5 videos showcasing it at the TAS in toyotas stand.
 
To be honest, blindly believing everything you read isn't any worse than blindly denying everything you read. I think the general consensus with development announcements is that they're usually true but should be taken with a pinch of salt and decisions can be unmade all the time.
 
lack of time

Please do not use that expression referring to a title that was in production for over 5 years with a budget of 60 million dollars.

Most of my replys may seem negative towards GT5, Well a few months ago I invested over $3000 into a 3d tv, and a few years ago i paid top dollar for a ps3, ONLY for this game. Now im very disappointed with the bad news we have recieved regarding the games limitations, and the omission of features that HAVE been in past GT series. Especially when we were told to expect perfection. Had we been told to expect a game that was about 40% complete, I wouldnt feel so disappointed. In fact I would be about $4000 better off as I would NOT have purchased the tv OR the ps3
 
Im talking about the wheels on standard models. We had it in gt4, as much as people want to believe it is a whole new game engine. Its not, its an evolution of gt5p. And that was an evolution of gt4. If you think its perfectly acceptable for a company spend 5 years racing cars and having fun, spend SIXTY MILLION DOLLARS "producing a game" and LOSE functionality that they already had.....if you think that is acceptable, then you my friend truly are just a stereotypical fanboy.

IMHO Id say GT5 & GT5TT code is completely separate from GT5P and GT4.

GT5 has been written from the ground up using textbook mechanical engineering equations etc. Kaz has been quoted as saying all they need to do is punch in the numbers and specifications of a vehicle and the physics model will figure it all out. You can't do that without writing modules which are based on real and proven equations.
 
Dont blindly believe everything you read, engage that thing between your ears and make a judgement from your own experience.

Especially when we were told to expect perfection.

It probably wouldn't have hurt to follow your own advice before splashing out on a 3DTV. I'm not trying to start anything, but you should try and focus on the great things that are included instead of what's missing. You'll notice there's still a ton of awesome gaming to be had, more than most games on the market. It should cheer you up a bit.
 
Really? that TT demo felt an aweful lot like gt5p. It had the same low speed physics issues, It had the same crazy tyre dynamics. Its strange that a company would completely rebuild a system from the ground up, Only to have the same problems. Dont blindly believe everything you read, engage that thing between your ears and make a judgement from your own experience.

Well my own experience say that it was completely different feeling from GT5p. It was far more a like to rfactor then anything. If it were the same engine it would not take 5 years in development time, the code is already there. Nothing matches up with what you claim so excuse me for "engaging the thing between my ears" and basing my opinion on what I know. Of course after you've played a even newer version of the demo you can see an even more advanced version of a new engine. If you were to sit GT5p and GT5 side by side you would immediately notice the difference in the way the car behaves. GT5p felt like GT4 and it would find itself in GT5 but it doesn't.
 
Please do not use that expression referring to a title that was in production for over 5 years with a budget of 60 million dollars.

Most of my replys may seem negative towards GT5, Well a few months ago I invested over $3000 into a 3d tv, and a few years ago i paid top dollar for a ps3, ONLY for this game. Now im very disappointed with the bad news we have recieved regarding the games limitations, and the omission of features that HAVE been in past GT series. Especially when we were told to expect perfection. Had we been told to expect a game that was about 40% complete, I wouldnt feel so disappointed. In fact I would be about $4000 better off as I would NOT have purchased the tv OR the ps3

Why didn't you "engage that thing between your ears" before making such lavish purchases and wait until the game is out?
 
Can you still upgrade the performance and tune standards? Has it been confirmed if you can or not?
 
Well my own experience say that it was completely different feeling from GT5p. It was far more a like to rfactor then anything. If it were the same engine it would not take 5 years in development time, the code is already there. Nothing matches up with what you claim so excuse me for "engaging the thing between my ears" and basing my opinion on what I know. Of course after you've played a even newer version of the demo you can see an even more advanced version of a new engine. If you were to sit GT5p and GT5 side by side you would immediately notice the difference in the way the car behaves. GT5p felt like GT4 and it would find itself in GT5 but it doesn't.

I agree, completely different, it was like rfactor with a better tyre physics module. although in the end I will expect the GT5 physics end up being better than rfactor. Rfactor requires fudging physical aspects of the car (weight, Center of gravity to get it handling as expected. From what kaz say GT5 wont!
 
Never has changing your wheels affected your overall weight in any of the GT games. Thus, not having a real performance affect. They were always for looks only.

This is true, but I had this crazy idea that they could've, like, moved the game on from the PS1 days!? :p Sorry, sarcasm not aimed at you but GT5.

For the record, I know GT5 has come on hugely since PS1. The physics are said to be awesome and for me that's the most important thing of all, even moreso than cars. It just sucks that some of these features haven't been implemented on the majority of the content. They were somewhat modest before, but now we find they have not taken this huge time to improve, but instead go backwards!

Maybe Premiums have modifiable, unsprung weight? In that case, it's yet another rift-maker between the tiers. I was fine with standards when I believed PD when they said they were exactly the same as Premiums, but with 1/10th the polygons, or w/e it is.... but that's not true!
 
Last edited:
Can you still upgrade the performance and tune standards? Has it been confirmed if you can or not?

I'm pretty sure you can, since it doesn't involve changing the outside of the car. It would be an incredibly stupid move if you couldn't.

Anyway, as long as I can put carbon hoods and spoilers on standard cars, I'm pretty satisfied. But aero body kits and racing modifications would be great too. I just want to be able to distinguish my tuned car from its normal counterpart. I'm tired of driving high powered cars with stock appearances.
 
ahh ffs, no wheel changes on standard cars in gt5. how hard would it have been to implement in the game. really

I know its just a small thing but all the same

I hope we're mistaken and it is possible
 
no, it is NOT possible. Quit crying. I'm sick of this forum lately. Ever since videos started getting leaked, people stopped being excited and started complaining. Try Buddhist meditation.
 
no, it is NOT possible. Quit crying. I'm sick of this forum lately. Ever since videos started getting leaked, people stopped being excited and started complaining. Try Buddhist meditation.

I think there is a small difference between crying about shadows then beeing sick of the small amount of tuning options. Which, referred to the standard cars, we had already 6 years ago.
 
too much pointless arguing on tis site
i cant even get a simple question answered

This is the best post by anyone in this whole thread.
 
Jesus christ, he was modifying a freaking Honda Civic for god's sake! I mean, I love those cars but PD aren't likely to give give you 5 different bodykit choices and neons for an EG-6!! I was surprised there was even a choice of spoilers for it, since spoilers don't even suit the car!

Don't think is only for the civic's... all normal sports car should have at leas a small selection of wheel to customise... it make's more scence changing the wheels of a normal car, than a Ferrari or masserati :dunce:
 
I have to say I just joined this site about a week ago and these threads......wow. There are some INSANELY immature people here and I have to say, I won't be coming back. I know I know....no one cares. But there is some pretty pathetic behavior here.
 
no, it is NOT possible. Quit crying. I'm sick of this forum lately. Ever since videos started getting leaked, people stopped being excited and started complaining. Try Buddhist meditation.

JAJAJAJAJAJA... sometimes is better not knowing the reality
 
Wow, talk about piss and moan. Seriously guys you need to turn off the PC and head outside and breathe a little. It's a game, get over yourself. The game will have short comings, the non changeable wheel thing is unfortunate, but I understand pretty much why. The assets for GT5 and prior GT's are not compatible. Remember adding the standard cars was because realized that they would have enough time to create 300-500 premium cars, so they quickly added all the PSP GT cars and increased the resolution and used the HQ info they had. Mind you in PSP GT you cannot change wheels in there either, I'm guessing that they probably didn't have the time to create lower quality models of wheels for PSPGT. If we make a nice poll and ask PD to give us the wheels for standard cars as DLC, maybe that might happen. But I feel that thye probably just opted out of doing that and just added the cars and continue on bringing each and every one of those older cars to premium status for the next game.

Honestly I think PD should have never shown us a premium car at all, and ran with the GT Visions thing(anyone with a link to the video?) It looked like they could have tested day night transitions, snow, physics, surface/tire contact physics, roll overs and the like with the standard cars. They would have had 20+ car fields, every car from GT series in there (~1200 autos), all the courses from every GT game...this game would have been out before FM3 and we'd still be playing this with a full online mode, with 16 player online. Then PD could have showed Prologues' assets last year and say this is what GT6 would look like. GT PSP really put a bender on the team as that game was just basically a waste of resources.

All in all, we are getting a pretty pristine product, it does things other games do, it does things others don't and there are things this doesn't that others do. Enjoy what you have, and hope that the next iteration has it. Until then my friends drive on.
 
Stop sucking PD's d***, I loved the GT franchise more than you losers but GT5 just looks bad now.

Why add damage if it's a slight scratch? Waste of time, do something more productive. Hell like lets us customize standard cars (engines, wheels, and so forth)? Thank you.

Next, no penalty for driving like a douche. Forza has a better racing experience from what I've seen of GT5. Sure GT5 might have better physics, but that isn't all racing is about. You can crash at 200 mph and drive like nothing happened (GT5). Into another guy? No worries, nothing happened still. They should outsource their game to better developers. Pay Burnout people to do damage for them, cause PD just don't get it. Crashes that aren't little scraps should make an effect on the race. Mistakes happen, but in GT5, those mistakes do NOT matter which blows!

GT5 is a incomplete game from the videos I've seen. They made a stupid move. Add Nascar, Karts and other junk... For what? They could have not made useless additions for the game and added things people actually wanted. No one is gonna care if there was no Nascar, or Go-Karts in the game. But people do care when you cannot even change wheels on 80%+ of the cars in the game. Don't make excuses, PD took the gamble that we wouldn't care and/or it wasn't important. WE think otherwise, obviously. So don't give them any excuses, they don't deserve it. This is the same kind of backlash FF13 got. I hope GT5 doesn't suck as much as FF13 though, otherwise Forza might be King.


I also hear that there isn't a ring to test high-speeds, nor 1/4 mile, nor the standing mile like in previous titles.. This true? If so, that's ****ED UP. I loved tunings cars and testing them out fully. Just as much as racing. If this simple feature isn't here anymore, GT5 might be dead to me.
 
Stop sucking PD's d***, I loved the GT franchise more than you losers but GT5 just looks bad now.

Why add damage if it's a slight scratch? Waste of time, do something more productive. Hell like lets us customize standard cars (engines, wheels, and so forth)? Thank you.

Next, no penalty for driving like a douche. Forza has a better racing experience from what I've seen of GT5. Sure GT5 might have better physics, but that isn't all racing is about. You can crash at 200 mph and drive like nothing happened (GT5). Into another guy? No worries, nothing happened still. They should outsource their game to better developers. Pay Burnout people to do damage for them, cause PD just don't get it. Crashes that aren't little scraps should make an effect on the race. Mistakes happen, but in GT5, those mistakes do NOT matter which blows!

GT5 is a incomplete game from the videos I've seen. They made a stupid move. Add Nascar, Karts and other junk... For what? They could have not made useless additions for the game and added things people actually wanted. No one is gonna care if there was no Nascar, or Go-Karts in the game. But people do care when you cannot even change wheels on 80%+ of the cars in the game. Don't make excuses, PD took the gamble that we wouldn't care and/or it wasn't important. WE think otherwise, obviously. So don't give them any excuses, they don't deserve it. This is the same kind of backlash FF13 got. I hope GT5 doesn't suck as much as FF13 though, otherwise Forza might be King.


I also hear that there isn't a ring to test high-speeds, nor 1/4 mile, nor the standing mile like in previous titles.. This true? If so, that's ****ED UP. I loved tunings cars and testing them out fully. Just as much as racing. If this simple feature isn't here anymore, GT5 might be dead to me.

Amen!👍👍👍👍
 
I also hear that there isn't a ring to test high-speeds, nor 1/4 mile, nor the standing mile like in previous titles.. This true? If so, that's ****ED UP. I loved tunings cars and testing them out fully. Just as much as racing. If this simple feature isn't here anymore, GT5 might be dead to me.
I was thinking the same. I loved running all my cars in the 1/4mi and see which of them can break 10s.
 
Stop sucking PD's d***, I loved the GT franchise more than you losers but GT5 just looks bad now.

Why add damage if it's a slight scratch? Waste of time, do something more productive. Hell like lets us customize standard cars (engines, wheels, and so forth)? Thank you.

Next, no penalty for driving like a douche. Forza has a better racing experience from what I've seen of GT5. Sure GT5 might have better physics, but that isn't all racing is about. You can crash at 200 mph and drive like nothing happened (GT5). Into another guy? No worries, nothing happened still. They should outsource their game to better developers. Pay Burnout people to do damage for them, cause PD just don't get it. Crashes that aren't little scraps should make an effect on the race. Mistakes happen, but in GT5, those mistakes do NOT matter which blows!

GT5 is a incomplete game from the videos I've seen. They made a stupid move. Add Nascar, Karts and other junk... For what? They could have not made useless additions for the game and added things people actually wanted. No one is gonna care if there was no Nascar, or Go-Karts in the game. But people do care when you cannot even change wheels on 80%+ of the cars in the game. Don't make excuses, PD took the gamble that we wouldn't care and/or it wasn't important. WE think otherwise, obviously. So don't give them any excuses, they don't deserve it. This is the same kind of backlash FF13 got. I hope GT5 doesn't suck as much as FF13 though, otherwise Forza might be King.


I also hear that there isn't a ring to test high-speeds, nor 1/4 mile, nor the standing mile like in previous titles.. This true? If so, that's ****ED UP. I loved tunings cars and testing them out fully. Just as much as racing. If this simple feature isn't here anymore, GT5 might be dead to me.

I sense incoming moderation just for this guy's post.

Watch your language my friend, and I use that term "friend" lightly.
After reading your post, I am 100% certain you do not have the game or have played it. How on earth do videos posted online by someone who is still figuring out things in the game tell you what is 100% certain?

The part I put in bold, italicized and underlined is what I am about to reply to. Have you even played FM3 online? People drive like idiots all the time, there is no penalty for it there either and when you attempt to boot them, they try to kick someone else and you can't vote them out...know what you are speaking about before you start firing off, that way you won't look stupid having to retract statements.

People don't care about NASCAR? I want whatever you are smoking, in the US it is the biggest racing circuit on TV...where are you from by the way?

You post too much hearsay, nothing you have said came from first hand experience or at least credible outside sources, just hearsay.

I'm certain you didn't notice that there is a track generator, so you can make your own drag strip if you want, and you can make it 10km long too.

GT5 might be dead to you if a drag strip doesn't make it in???? Lol, I hope it's dead to you as of now, I surely do not want to come across you while playing online. You sound like those typical idiots who enter races and have a slow car but attempt to block faster opponents(the drag strip comment leads me to believe you can turn corners).
You like tuning and testing the cars out fully?
Then you would probably not test your car out on a drag strip as that is about 30% of what real driving is. Try the Nurb, or any course with lots of turns in succession, cars don't only go straight. You only gain knowledge on how you car performs in a sterile environment when actual driving/racing is all about dynamics. I own FM3 and I can tell you I don't use or have ever used the drag strip in that game, it's utterly pointless. Drag racing isn't something you can just toss in a game, Turn10 obviously thought it was. I fails hard, no warm ups, no burning out to get your tires ready...I don't follow drag racing but I can tell you that it's similarities to the one in FM3 end at having two cars and a straight 1/4mi piece of tarmac.

GT5 and FF13? You need to get out more, what on earth do these two have in common aside from the fact that they are both Japanese created games and thus have a great many fans worldwide? Lol, I know they both have names and end in numbers.:dopey:
 
I also hear that there isn't a ring to test high-speeds, nor 1/4 mile, nor the standing mile like in previous titles.. This true? If so, that's ****ED UP. I loved tunings cars and testing them out fully. Just as much as racing. If this simple feature isn't here anymore, GT5 might be dead to me.

not sure i can do much about the 1/4 mile tracks, or standing mile...but some of the NASCAR tracks will probably allow for the high speed testing of most cars...

also, the course editor might allow for the creation of an oval track for that...maybe even allowing you to set "sectors" on the straight away that are close to a 1/4 mile or mile in length and you can test things out that way...
 
GT5 and FF13? You need to get out more, what on earth do these two have in common aside from the fact that they are both Japanese created games and thus have a great many fans worldwide? Lol, I know they both have names and end in numbers.:dopey:

You don't game much, or maybe you're not an RPG guy. He mentioned FF because it's the biggest RPG franchise and a very respected one, the GT of the RPGs if you will, but the latest one, FF13, failed. Hard. He's hoping GT5 won't fail the same way. I think not, but hey, I said the same thing about FF13. I thought all the hating was just that, hating. Well it turned out to be much, much more than that.

But I'm following GT5's development far more closely than I did FF13's and what I saw so far is enough to make me happy. So I'm quite sure it failed, but thankfully not nearly as hard as FF13 did.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back