Cars uncustomizable?/Update: check post 1 to get some taste of what it should've been

  • Thread starter Thread starter Darkpitiless
  • 345 comments
  • 28,147 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
And you say its unreasonable for us to expect what other companys have been getting right for the best part of 10 years before wasting resources adding stupid noveltys like volkswagon jeep and bus? Cmon dude.
We are talking about something that would take about 3 hours for a team as skilled as we all believe PD are.

For SIXTY MILLION DOLLARS, We should be getting alot more product than we are. I suspect most of this 60 million was spent funding kaz's racing hobby. Not producing the game.
Hi guy's new on the forum.
Yes i agree with you and it sucks that half of the car's are Japanese and why does Honda have more premium's than for instance Audi, they dont have a greater racing heritage then Audi.
I feel there is alot of car's missing that should have been in the game like more Alfa romeo's Audi's like the ttrs ,rs5,2010 s4,Alfa159,veyron as a premium cmon whats up with that ,and many other great car's missing but it's ok we have Honda,Toyota,Lexus,Nissan and a amphibious vechicle!
 
Now I was just thinking, couldn't PD have just made a 'Standard' Wheels section? How hard would it have been for them to just recreate 'Standard' models of the same type of 'Premium' wheels? sigh
 
Most likely, a pretty big % of that money chunk is thrown at the car manufacturers to even be able to keep all the cars they have, yet alone add new once. Licences aint cheap, nor is everything else. Overall, it's alot of money. No one can say anthing else. Though I couldn't think of anyone else id rather pay to make a perfect driving experience.

Compare those numbers to other games, im sure they are quite above average, in return you have a game QUITE above average as well. This aint a game played for 6 hours and then thrown in the bin, after all.

Hey Pedersen,

PD quoted us a figure over +$200k USD to add a car we were interested in seeing in the game, and I work for a large automobile company. Sure there are licensing details to work out, but if PD took this approach with other manufacturers I can only imagine how complicated PD's financials look on a game like this.

I'm a diehard GT fan, and would love to see mods like back in the good old days of GT2 where you could turn any car into a race car with a racing package that would covert the livery of the car into a full spec racer (AE86 Corolla turned into the ADVAN Corolla, etc.).
 
Learn to model. Then learn to do it up to PD standard. Now optimize everything so that it wont screw the 60fps. Now make it run optimal with every possible color combination, have no jagged edges. Make sure the surface recieve correct lighting in all conditions. Snow and dirt accumilate at right spots. Do a couple of diffrent things for each standard car. Now do it to 800 more. Say you can push out maby one part a day, which would need another few days to bug test, and optimize. Rinse repeat.

If you think you can do the above, im sure PD would love your resume. If you on your own can do the above, in under 6 years, up to PD standard and under constant deadline presure, go for it :sly:

Let's face it, they are not exactly people who make easy stuff. Stuff takes time, even though everyone makes it sound so insane easy. :)

No because that is there profession not ours, nobody said we could do better.
 
PS - I'd spend hours tweaking all of the details on the cars I would build trying to find the perfect setup for each car on each and every track. Even if it was a piddley EG Civic, I'd still dive into gear ratios, etc and make the thing pull perfectly out of every corner. And I HATED having to add pre-fab F&F-style ugly ass wings just to get enough downforce for some of the cars to be driveable.

I won't judge until I see the game, but I'll be extremely disappointed if you can't mod all 800 cars; there's no good reason why this game should come up short except for Sony asking too much of PD to allow them to sit down and turn out the quality product they became famous for.

I was disappointed that my beloved KP61 didn't make the final cut to be in the game; it hasn't seen a GT game since GT2... but ultimately didn't make the cut because it was labeled a "filler" car and was cut from GT3.

I didn't buy a PS2 because I was scraping by to pay for college, but I owned a copy of GT3: A-spec and GT4, then bought an early PS3 for the PS2 compatability and the promise that GT5 would soon be here... I am a diehard Sony fan (my full audio/video setup is Sony), but I wish I would have bought a 360 because I could have been racing around in Forza 2 & 3 for the past few years. THAT sucks to say.
 
Now I was just thinking, couldn't PD have just made a 'Standard' Wheels section? How hard would it have been for them to just recreate 'Standard' models of the same type of 'Premium' wheels? sigh

I was thinking the same thing...
 
And you say its unreasonable for us to expect what other companys have been getting right for the best part of 10 years before wasting resources adding stupid noveltys like volkswagon jeep and bus? Cmon dude.
We are talking about something that would take about 3 hours for a team as skilled as we all believe PD are.

For SIXTY MILLION DOLLARS, We should be getting alot more product than we are. I suspect most of this 60 million was spent funding kaz's racing hobby. Not producing the game.

Really? Three hours? You have no clue what you're talking about nor what goes into making a video game if you think this would only take three hours.
 
Whoa guys, I think we need to calm down & relax, If we can manage that for the next 8 Days our prize is... wait for it..

GT5.
 
Whoa guys, I think we need to calm down & relax, If we can manage that for the next 8 Days our prize is... wait for it..

GT5.

For most of the hardcore GT fans, right about now should be close to a heart attack. High pulse and narrow vision. Relax is something most will do first when the game is loaded up and intro screen is rolling. Then im sure alot of people will have their shoulders drop and just get in to the amazing atmosphere of the one and only, GT5. :cheers:
 
Learn to model. Then learn to do it up to PD standard. Now optimize everything so that it wont screw the 60fps. Now make it run optimal with every possible color combination, have no jagged edges. Make sure the surface receive correct lighting in all conditions. Snow and dirt accumulate at right spots. Do a couple of different things for each standard car. Now do it to 800 more. Say you can push out maybe one part a day, which would need another few days to bug test, and optimize. Rinse repeat.

If you think you can do the above, I'm sure PD would love your resume. If you on your own can do the above, in under 6 years, up to PD standard and under constant deadline pressure, go for it :sly:

Let's face it, they are not exactly people who make easy stuff. Stuff takes time, even though everyone makes it sound so insane easy. :)

Thank you for being one of few on this forum who understand that it isn't possible to create a game like this in 4 days.
 
And you say its unreasonable for us to expect what other companys have been getting right for the best part of 10 years before wasting resources adding stupid noveltys like volkswagon jeep and bus? Cmon dude.
We are talking about something that would take about 3 hours for a team as skilled as we all believe PD are.

For SIXTY MILLION DOLLARS, We should be getting alot more product than we are. I suspect most of this 60 million was spent funding kaz's racing hobby. Not producing the game.

Mate I think you ought go out and get a dose of reality. It would take atleast 3 months for a proper livery editor aswell making so the skins work on each and every car. I'd rather take the busses and havings like rain and what not then some stupid livery editor that for the majority means stuff all to.
 
Mate I think you ought go out and get a dose of reality. It would take atleast 3 months for a proper livery editor aswell making so the skins work on each and every car. I'd rather take the busses and havings like rain and what not then some stupid livery editor that for the majority means stuff all to.

3 Months to have a Livery Editor, up to Kaz standard, that would work with all cars, flawless in all conditions? It's not exactly a small thing to do. Replace month with year, then we are in business :sly:
 
3 Months to have a Livery Editor, up to Kaz standard, that would work with all cars, flawless in all conditions? It's not exactly a small thing to do. Replace month with year, then we are in business :sly:

He said atleast :sly:
 
3 Months to have a Livery Editor, up to Kaz standard, that would work with all cars, flawless in all conditions? It's not exactly a small thing to do. Replace month with year, then we are in business :sly:

Needless to say it would take a long time. PD are still not a massive production agency and have hand built GT5 from the ground bar standard cars and some track layouts 'although textures needed to be altered on all'

Its funny people whinge about not having a livery editor but there are major things in this game that no other racing game does. The only company to come close was codemasters Toca 3. No other racing game does Dirt, Snow and track all in the one game and that takes a hell of alot of work to get the physics right on all 3.
 
Think about this, if PD's tire model is all it's cracked up to be then shouldn't tire width and profile come into play? If so then the cars with the small 14 inch steelies with a tall sidewall should handle quite awful if the physics are accurate. 💡
 
He actually has a point. There is too much complaining here on this forum.

Man, we are in democracy. If you want to complain, go to the complain thread, otherwise, go to the thread you are interested in.

People like you complain about people who complain. It´s totally nonsense.

Go give advices to your dog. You all.

If there´s nothing to add. Shut up.

Let the people complain about what they want, they have freedom and space to it.
If you don´t like it, go away!
 
Think about this, if PD's tire model is all it's cracked up to be then shouldn't tire width and profile come into play? If so then the cars with the small 14 inch steelies with a tall sidewall should handle quite awful if the physics are accurate.

As well as tyre pressure too.
 
Jesus christ, he was modifying a freaking Honda Civic for god's sake! I mean, I love those cars but PD aren't likely to give give you 5 different bodykit choices and neons for an EG-6!! I was surprised there was even a choice of spoilers for it, since spoilers don't even suit the car!
 
Man, we are in democracy. If you want to complain, go to the complain thread, otherwise, go to the thread you are interested in.

People like you complain about people who complain. It´s totally nonsense.

Go give advices to your dog. You all.

If there´s nothing to add. Shut up.

Let the people complain about what they want, they have freedom and space to it.
If you don´t like it, go away!

Pot, meet kettle. Here you are telling people to shut up if they don't have anything to add yet you defend those complaining about things that are already set in stone which adds just as little to the forums as those telling them to get over it.

Here's an idea, if you don't like people telling other people to cut the pouting you go away. Here you are talking about how we have a democracy on the forums(which we don't, it's a privately owned forum), well guess what, they have the same freedoms as the people you're defending.

This is not a democracy. The mods and owner of the website decide what's allowed and what isn't. I'm not implying anyone's opinion should not be allowed but I am saying some of the complaining and some of the comments on this forum are getting quite rediculous.

What's done is done, and what is done is Gran Turismo 5. Like it or not what we get is what we get and there is no changing that anymore. If people don't like the game for what it is that's their call but if you aren't going to purchase the game anymore because a few cars and tracks didn't make it in I really don't care to hear it on a forum dedicated to a game you supposedly aren't buying anymore.

I have a feeling most of those claims are ******** anyways which makes them even more pathetic.
 
From someone who have almost all cars in GT4, and who like the NO-cockpit view, my concern is: wings with OEM wheels = LOL
 
Go give advices to your dog. You all.

Profound. I might just do that. Seems I'm either complementing or scolding her, never much in between. I should be advising her on how to attain the former and avoid the latter. Sage wisdom.
 
I find it disapointing that there is no livery editor. I just think it would add a lot of longevity and more fun to the game, even if it does nothing for the performence of the cars.

It much more fun to take part in a race, where the cars are not all the same. Also it would be great if we could make our own liverys and sell them to other users. It would add a new dimension to the game.

And honestly saying that because it was never part of GT series before it shouldent ever bee is kinda meeeh. Gaming industry envolves. these days it is more or less standard in a racing game to be able to do your own livery's.
 
I find it disapointing that there is no livery editor. I just think it would add a lot of longevity and more fun to the game, even if it does nothing for the performence of the cars.

It much more fun to take part in a race, where the cars are not all the same. Also it would be great if we could make our own liverys and sell them to other users. It would add a new dimension to the game.

And honestly saying that because it was never part of GT series before it shouldent ever bee is kinda meeeh. Gaming industry envolves. these days it is more or less standard in a racing game to be able to do your own livery's.

I agree totally.

I can imagine getting bored quite quickly with there not being much to do once the game is on apart from race. There might be times where I want to just play GT5 to tune cars and create liveries. My mate who playes FM3 spends most of his time creating liveries for people online and selling them.

Without a livery editor, and no tuning or customization on 800 of the cars, the lifespan of the game, for me, just got reduced by half.
 
You remind me of some fellas here who acted proffissional and claimed that the leaked copys are just a fakes. Diffirence between me and you is that i admit what i see, but you won't admit it until u get it in ur hands.

Ye, lol @ those people, who pointed out why that copy was a fake, and were 100% sure about it. Boy, did they make fools out of themselves. :lol:
 
I agree totally.
I quote too, because it's important for Online Racing Teams, the chanche to paint the car with your Club livrery and run against ather teams with a different livrery would be simply amazing. The only reason why PD didn't add the livrery editor could be they really don't want some users paint GT cars with the simposn/ batman/ spiderman livrery -.-
 
You just don't understand. Me, and im sure alot of fans are ready to spend hours and hours customizing their favourite cars. Its just crazy.

Agreed.

He wants to customize his car therefore he must be talking about "ricing" it out beyond recognition? Come on, you're smarter than that. Don't stoop down to such a low level.

Uh-huh.

Haha, I thought so. PD's sole existence is to make you happy. I'm so sorry to hear they let you down. *sob, sob*

Please, grow up.

Forza fags will have hard times trying to stop laughing at us.

Well, I like Forza, too, ya know..........:sly:

The huge amount of cars is what destroyed the game. KZ i way too obsessed about quantity. Mr Yamauchi, Quality over quantity, never consider quantity over quality.

Nah, the number of cars wasn't the problem. In fact, IMO, there's a good chance that somebody probably screwed up in programming that part of the game...........hopefully there'll be some quality DLC coming our way to rectify this sometime soon.

Of course, that won't stop me from buying it{in fact, I must confess that most of my customization time on previous games was spent on tuning & performance}...........I used to have a game by Konami by the name of 'Enthusia'.........It had maybe 300 cars, and customization was almost nonexistent, sadly. At least PD tried, though, and I think that counts for something.

Still, I really do believe that PD will listen to the fans here; many probably aren't too happy about that whole thing..........at the very least, we'll almost certainly see it come back in GT6 when that comes out in a few years, and maybe they'll even release a DLC for GT5, as I speculated earlier.........real soon if we're lucky. :)
 
Mate I think you ought go out and get a dose of reality. It would take atleast 3 months for a proper livery editor aswell making so the skins work on each and every car. I'd rather take the busses and havings like rain and what not then some stupid livery editor that for the majority means stuff all to.

Im talking about the wheels on standard models. We had it in gt4, as much as people want to believe it is a whole new game engine. Its not, its an evolution of gt5p. And that was an evolution of gt4. If you think its perfectly acceptable for a company spend 5 years racing cars and having fun, spend SIXTY MILLION DOLLARS "producing a game" and LOSE functionality that they already had.....if you think that is acceptable, then you my friend truly are just a stereotypical fanboy.
 
I quote too, because it's important for Online Racing Teams, the chanche to paint the car with your Club livrery and run against ather teams with a different livrery would be simply amazing. The only reason why PD didn't add the livrery editor could be they really don't want some users paint GT cars with the simposn/ batman/ spiderman livrery -.-

I think it was more to do with lack of time. They looked in to it apparently, and I recall Kaz saying it'll be in GT6 instead.
 
@pushaz99

Dude, Forza fans endlessly promoting that game over GT is obviously trolling, but so is this. Borza? People on this forum are car fans, some of them will obviously like more than one game so I suggest you take your ridiculous insults elsewhere and come back when you've grown up a little.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back