Cars uncustomizable?/Update: check post 1 to get some taste of what it should've been

  • Thread starter Thread starter Darkpitiless
  • 345 comments
  • 28,147 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
We will have a party when gt5 releases, we will celebrate that for once gt5 failed hard.

Boy forza will really take market shares fron PD since, forza is the king of customization nowdays :)
 
Just thought I'd respond to the OP...

Yeah, the only customization that can be done to a standard car is adding a rear wing. But then, that's the only customization you could do in GT4, and these are GT4 car models. So what were you expecting? The only thing to really be upset about here are the lack of aftermarket rims on standard cars.

And most games that let you paint rims only allow you to paint aftermarket ones, so again, nothing unexpected here.


No you're wrong, in GT4 you could change the wheels to... And don't you know how much the appearance of a car can be improved by changing the wheels only !!!!
 
No you're wrong, in GT4 you could change the wheels to... And you don't know how much the appearance of a car can be improved by changing the wheel only!!!

Yes, but you couldn't change the paint of your car. You had to buy a whole other car. And lets be honest, I think a Speed 12 painted in British Racing Green would stand out more then a normal Speed 12 with some aftermarket BBS rims. Rims can improve the appearance, but a different coat of paint can do so much more.
 
this is pretty tragic, but I will still enjoy GT5 for months, maybe years.

Who knows, maybe DLC will fix the wheels issue?
 
We will have a party when gt5 releases, we will celebrate that for once gt5 failed hard.

Boy forza will really take market shares fron PD since, forza is the king of customization nowdays :)

Wow; please go and troll somewhere else.
You also just explained what Forza is; 'the king of customization'.
I'm pretty sure that the GT series is 'the real driving simulator', but yeah.
As said before, KY and PD only added the customization stuff to make whiny babies like you happy. Don't like the fact you can't change Standard wheels, or paint OEM wheels? Go play Forza 3. I sure won't miss you.

Yes, but you couldn't change the paint of your car. You had to buy a whole other car. And lets be honest, I think a Speed 12 painted in British Racing Green would stand out more then a normal Speed 12 with some aftermarket BBS rims. Rims can improve the appearance, but a different coat of paint can do so much more.
Well you can now, so be happy.

i dont see no premium EK just the FD2.. i like the EG more
http://eu.gran-turismo.com/local/gb/data1/products/gt5/carlist_en.html Number 263. Use Ctrl+F.
 
We will have a party when gt5 releases, we will celebrate that for once gt5 failed hard.

Boy forza will really take market shares fron PD since, forza is the king of customization nowdays :)

ur startin to look more and more like another forza troll

if gt5 had ****** graphics like forza it might have 1000 prems and more customization
 
You all guys are responsible for making me go far in hyping the game :( . Ahh i can't believe i won't be able to customize my M5. Such a gorgeous game with a lack of very important features.

I agree, this is rather disappointing. :nervous:
 
Wow; please go and troll somewhere else.
You also just explained what Forza is; 'the king of customization'.
I'm pretty sure that the GT series is 'the real driving simulator', but yeah.
As said before, KY and PD only add the customization stuff to make whiny babies like you happy. Don't like the fact you can't change Standard wheels, or paint OEM wheels? Go play Forza 3. I sure won't miss you.


Well you can now, so be happy.


http://eu.gran-turismo.com/local/gb/data1/products/gt5/carlist_en.html Number 263. Use Ctrl+F.

I think you would love me if i were involved in the gt5 online world, im very famous organizer of cruises, photoshoots, car modding in forza 3 world. You fanboys really miss something.
 
This is GT5. This is no GT4. GT4 was 6 years ago. Stop living the past.

Maybe personalization just means less to me than it does to you?

But yeah, I should have remembered that I'm not allowed to post here unless I have something bad to say about the game. Ok, let me try this again. Hold on a sec...

GT5 sucks, cause if you can't customize standard cars nothing else matters! All that other crap...you know, 16 car fields, weather, day/night cycles, licensed series, etc. are completely worthless!

:rolleyes:
 
I think you would love me if i were involved in the gt5 online world, im very famous organizer of cruises, photoshoots, car modding in forza 3 world. You fanboys really miss something.

Lmao.
Well you won't be happy since you can't do 'photoshoots' with 800 of the 100 cars anyway.
And car modding; now, haven't we touched on this subject before?
Car modding, of 200 cars? 200 highly detailed cars which I don't want to ruin by ricing them out with crappy, unlicenced, aero parts which don't even affect the 'aero'? No thanks.
 
I just want to put this out there.

gt5standardfail.gif


fail harder PD. 👎

👍👍
 
I've been following GTPlanet for quite sometime and I am sick and tired of this fanbase that complains and complains. It's no end. They act like they are entitled to something. When did PD promise what YOU guys wanted? They made it the way THEY WANT IT. Perhaps, if you told them this years ago, it wouldn't have happened. What's that? You can't? Then stop complaining! Why do people look at things a game is missing rather than what it includes. It's like you give them more and more and yet they ask for more and more. Do you want the game to make you breakfast too?
 
Lmao.
Well you won't be happy since you can't do 'photoshoots' with 800 of the 100 cars anyway.
And car modding; now, haven't we touched on this subject before?
Car modding, of 200 cars? 200 highly detailed cars which I don't want to ruin by ricing them out with crappy, unlicenced, aero parts which don't even affect the 'aero'? No thanks.

So wait, the aero parts in GT5 are not only rice, they also don't affect the aerodynamics of the vehicle?
 
you know why people are pissed?

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt5/

I'm a loyal GT fan and have been buying every Playstation just because of this game. But you know to stop pissing off the fans, perhaps they should stop with the false advertising.
 
So wait, the aero parts in GT5 are not only rice, they also don't affect the aerodynamics of the vehicle?

No; talking about his 'Forza' background.
 
Lmao.
Well you won't be happy since you can't do 'photoshoots' with 800 of the 100 cars anyway.
And car modding; now, haven't we touched on this subject before?
Car modding, of 200 cars? 200 highly detailed cars which I don't want to ruin by ricing them out with crappy, unlicenced, aero parts which don't even affect the 'aero'? No thanks.

Well, all i can say is that you dont know much about the aftermarket world. Bodykits makes the cars handle better, atleast the c-west ones. Modding isn't equal to ricing. But putting gt wings on a civic woth stock hoodcaps is ricing. The only type of visual customization for standard ones is gt wing, and that my dear is rice. Aero kits does have the function to allow more air to flow to the brakes and to the intercooler.
 
I understand your points sunnydaman, but people are upset because most of this game (ie. 80% of the content it centres around) is a step backwards. We've been changing wheels on cars since the playstation 1 and we can't even do that anymore. Also PD will notice if people talk loud enough. They do their best to ignore us it seems, but if all forums on the internet are buzzing with bad vibes about particular things, it will be noticed (I guess).

Add to that it's falsely advertised. "Expect perfection" was the promise. I believed them. I honestly wouldn't have bought a ps3 if I'd known about the shortcomings, but they were never mentioned. Don't get me wrong - I think they've done a great job making a game-engine. Racing each other online will be fun and the track creator looks good. But the epic amount of content is just not here. It's 200 cars and a a LOT of PS2 relics that aren't even compatible with some of the most important parts of the game.
 
Last edited:
No; talking about his 'Forza' background.

Seemed like you were talking about GT5 in that aspect. I'm not even sure if the aero parts for GT5 are licenced or not. Either way, as long as I can make myself a McLaren F1 GTR and a R8 LMS I'll be good.
 
But what you don't get is that GT has never been about those things. Where are the snow ice and dirt tracks in Forza 3? Where is the rain? Where are the 16 cars on track? Where is the native 1080p? As far as i'm concerned they can keep their livery editor and auction house, they do nothing to enhance the driving experience which is what GT has always been about. Its about the essence of driving.

Nicely put. I rather have GT5 Over Forza3 any day of the week and I actually own the game. Can't wait til Nov 24th

Kai.....
 
Last edited by a moderator:
WAIT !!!!! ****

So you can only change the color of the whole car ? In the paint editor.
You can't, say, paint the hood red...paint the doors black paint the tail white etc... ?

And it seems that you can only use a predetermined set of paint colors.

That sucks !!!!
 
No aero on standards doesn't completely shock me...I think it's safe to assume that if they don't have kits for a CIVIC then none of the Standards have anything other than wings.

Really disappointed that there aren't racing mods for every stock car...I can't be too upset over the body kits since that's just not getting a new thing, but race mods are something we had taken from us back in GT3 and the idea of having them back in 5 was some of the best news possible...I'm going to be very upset if the only race moddable cars are the ones with RM versions listed on the car list...that would suck hard :/
 
I'm going to be so glad when this game comes out. I will stop spending most of my time here hoping for news, but instead getting comments from a bunch of people who seem to have no desire to play GT5. If you're complaining so much about customization of cars don't pick up the game.

I hope you can bore & stroke a standard car. Also praying we can add a turbo or supercharger to a standard car. I know it's a simple standard car but can I please add a suspension kit or big brake kit? [/sarcasm]
 
Yes, but you couldn't change the paint of your car. You had to buy a whole other car. And lets be honest, I think a Speed 12 painted in British Racing Green would stand out more then a normal Speed 12 with some aftermarket BBS rims. Rims can improve the appearance, but a different coat of paint can do so much more.

Are you serious ??? Maby in supercars that's the case but in normal cars is way better changing the wheel than the paint.......
1002331n.jpg


1002328.jpg
 
Maybe personalization just means less to me than it does to you?

But yeah, I should have remembered that I'm not allowed to post here unless I have something bad to say about the game. Ok, let me try this again. Hold on a sec...

GT5 sucks, cause if you can't customize standard cars nothing else matters! All that other crap...you know, 16 car fields, weather, day/night cycles, licensed series, etc. are completely worthless!

:rolleyes:

You want to know why GT5 sucks? well i'll tell you why it sucks..

1- You can't customize ur car ' no sense of expression'.
2- Lack of newest hottest cars ' CTS-V, M6, CL AMG, E63 and dozens which all the other games has them.
3- You can't rotate the camera a 360 angle like every other racing game in the world.
4- The chase cam is the worst chase cam in any racing game ever. A SEGA GENESIS would have performed better.

This only a few, and i could name all day. 6 car fields, weather, day/night cycles are partialy useless when thats all u'v got in the game. What the hell is the need of photomode if u can't personalize ur car? i just dont effing get it!!!!!
 
I really can't believe we can't change wheels like we could in GT4. That's pretty sad and pathetic on PD's part. I'll still love GT5 though, but wow.
 
I really can't believe we can't change wheels like we could in GT4. That's pretty sad and pathetic on PD's part. I'll still love GT5 though, but wow.

I'm really really hoping for a DLC package for rims for the standards, I would pay 15-20 dollars for a pack, I mean, this game with the content that's in it, I would pay a little more just to have the standards feel that much closer to the premiums, fine don't give them dashboard views, but at least different wheel options?

From what I've heard it has to do with how they made the wheels in GT5 and how they don't look right or aren't coded for the standards, if that's the case, just make ones that'll work for the standards, I'd be happy to buy it.

Don't get me wrong, I love the whole GT series, I just feel that even tho we got massive content, some of it could of been lessened, like 4 less of each of the car manufacturers that have like 50+ models, and the amount of data made for those cars, they could of made a rim package for all of the standards, I think we'll get something like that in DLC tho. I can hope at least.
 
I understand your points sunnydaman, but people are upset because most of this game (ie. 80% of the content it centres around) is a step backwards. We've been changing wheels on cars since the playstation 1 and we can't even do that anymore. Also PD will notice if people talk loud enough. They do their best to ignore us it seems, but if all forums on the internet are buzzing with bad vibes about particular things, it will be noticed (I guess).

Add to that it's falsely advertised. "Expect perfection" was the promise. I believed them. I honestly wouldn't have bought a ps3 if I'd known about the shortcomings, but they were never mentioned. Don't get me wrong - I think they've done a great job making a game-engine. Racing each other online will be fun and the track creator looks good. But the epic amount of content is just not here. It's 200 cars and a a LOT of PS2 relics that aren't even compatible with some of the most important parts of the game.

Cheers m8 :) Finaly some sense.
 
Yes, PD could HD up the previous GT4 rims for standard cars in GT5 if they still have licence for them. But thats just extra work, may take less time then doing Premium rims for Premium cars, but that still takes work, and that work can be used in different departments like Weather system and Day night effects.

By end of the day PD wants to make Premium cars the Stars of the game, and Standard cars to be extras and for the Hardcore GT Fans that will still enjoy new physics engine in them no matter how they look.

I would love more customization for Standard cars, but its 700+ cars, it will take so much time to do that so no thanks, I want GT5 in 9 days !
____________________________
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back