Cars uncustomizable?/Update: check post 1 to get some taste of what it should've been

  • Thread starter Thread starter Darkpitiless
  • 345 comments
  • 28,147 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that bodered me most from GT4 is that one couldn't change parts except the wheel and the awefull looking wings.. I was hoping GT5 had improve this.. NOT GO BACKWARDS !!!!!
 
I doubt there will be DLC to make standards more like premiums.

That's what GT6 is for.
 
You want to know why GT5 sucks? well i'll tell you why it sucks..

1- You can't customize ur car ' no sense of expression'.
2- Lack of newest hottest cars ' CTS-V, M6, CL AMG, E63 and dozens which all the other games has them.
3- You can't rotate the camera a 360 angle like every other racing game in the world.
4- The chase cam is the worst chase cam in any racing game ever. A SEGA GENESIS would have performed better.

This only a few, and i could name all day. 6 car fields, weather, day/night cycles are partialy useless when thats all u'v got in the game. What the hell is the need of photomode if u can't personalize ur car? i just dont effing get it!!!!!

In order of the underlined...:
1. You can, on Premiums.
2. There are 16 'car fields', and Kaz mentioned 32 online (assuming this is the amount of cars in one race you are talking about).
3. To show off your driving skills, car collection, and you can personalize your car, just not exactly 'Forza' standards.
 
You want to know why GT5 sucks? well i'll tell you why it sucks..

1- You can't customize ur car ' no sense of expression'.
2- Lack of newest hottest cars ' CTS-V, M6, CL AMG, E63 and dozens which all the other games has them.
3- You can't rotate the camera a 360 angle like every other racing game in the world.
4- The chase cam is the worst chase cam in any racing game ever. A SEGA GENESIS would have performed better.

This only a few, and i could name all day. 6 car fields, weather, day/night cycles are partialy useless when thats all u'v got in the game. What the hell is the need of photomode if u can't personalize ur car? i just dont effing get it!!!!!

Thank you so much ... point 3-4 .. thats what i been saying all this time ... No free rotating camera in third person view and man does that robotic chase camera suck .. you think PD would have fix that with a free flowering one but noooo:banghead:
 
I doubt there will be DLC to make standards more like premiums.

That's what GT6 is for.

Why are you so sure about premiums in GT6?.

You people never learn. Im leaving this forum the day i get GT5. And if PD has really wasted 6 years of my life waiting for GT5 for nothing. I'll be back here to suddle some things with SONY and PD, specialy the perfectionest " KY ".
 
I really can't believe that a feature which was in the older version isn't in the new one. What is this, Madden? I'll buy the game, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

But that's below the expectations I would have for a game that's been in development for this long. Come on.
 
In order of the underlined...:
1. You can, on Premiums.
2. There are 16 'car fields', and Kaz mentioned 32 online (assuming this is the amount of cars in one race you are talking about).
3. To show off your driving skills, car collection, and you can personalize your car, just not exactly 'Forza' standards.

Huh?? how on earth are you gonna show you're fancy driving skills in a photo? you must be losing it. I really feel sorry for you.

EDIT: What car collection are you talking about?? all 7 million GT5 players will be owning the very same cars "" Identical cars "" in other words.
 
Why are you so sure about premiums in GT6?.

You people never learn. Im leaving this forum the day i get GT5. And if PD has really wasted 6 years of my life waiting for GT5 for nothing. I'll be back here to suddle some things with SONY and PD, specialy the perfectionest " KY ".

1. stop crying.

2. GT6 will be worlds above GT5 since GT4 was worlds above GT3 and GT2 was worlds above GT1.
 
I feel like the people who complain about no way to personalize cars are the same people who bash on Alfa Romeo..
Because in a way GT5 is like Alfa Romeo.
They both look extraordinary good; have soul and passion written all over it and last but not least,
they both lack stuff in terms of others. But if you look past the latter, oh how much you can enjoy them!
 
I think everyone is forgetting about all the premiums, they have a premium version of the majority of cars. 17 S2000s and the 2006 is Premium so we can customize that one until our heart's content.
 
Huh?? how on earth are you gonna show you're fancy driving skills in a photo? you must be losing it. I really feel sorry for you.

Meh. Forza troll over here. >_>
I'll speak clearer English so you understand.
You know that there is a thing called drifting, yes? In a photo, you can see your car as it drifts! Did you know that? You can also use 'Photo Mode' to take a picture of your car during a race! You can photo yourself ahead of the other cars, so everyone knows you can actually drive!

There, wasn't too hard now?

EDIT: What car collection are you talking about?? all 7 million GT5 players will be owning the very same cars "" Identical cars "" in other words.
I feel so sorry for you, I am actually laughing in real life at how stupid you are making yourself look.
GET THE MESSAGE! WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!
You can customize your Premium cars in GT5! Since Premium cars are the only ones you can take photos of, you will be able to see the customization!
Oh my God, are you actually retarded? Read the information given.
 
Meh, I don't really care. I'm laid back about this. This is how I see things. Gran Turismo is Gran Turismo, it's not Forza nor Need for Speed. Sure it would be nice if it was perfect but nothing is and yes is expecting this so much, is a nice retort but just because you expected it doesn't mean PD was going to do it. If you want great physics and to ride around them in tracks that are in the game with cars that are in the game then Gran Turismo is a great game. And don't lie, just because something you want isn't in this game, it doesn't mean something else you want isn't in it and you know it is, so why cry? Just go enjoy it.

Now if you want the other thing to be in this game that aren't, so that you can brag about it, well I guess you're out of luck. If you enjoyed those things then go ahead and pop in the game that has it in your system and enjoy it.

See easy right?
 
I'm seriously just confused now. So you're not denying you're completely ignorant when it comes to the views of others, you're just trying to offend me now?

Hey man ... Been thinking about it and you're right, I was getting rather offensive. Sorry about that. I'm just baffled with all the criticism of the game by people who haven't even played it yet. Took it out on the wrong person and for that, my apologies. :cheers:

For the other folks, here's some games that might be more along your line:

http://compsimgames.about.com/od/toppicks/tp/barbie_games.htm

You can dress her up, change her hair color, change the colors AND textures of her clothes ... hell, you can really live it up.

Me? I'll be happily driving. I'm not waiting on GT5 - The Real Barbie Simulator.
 
Meh. Forza troll over here. >_>
I'll speak clearer English so you understand.
You know that there is a thing called drifting, yes? In a photo, you can see your car as it drifts! Did you know that? You can also use 'Photo Mode' to take a picture of your car during a race! You can photo yourself ahead of the other cars, so everyone knows you can actually drive!

There, wasn't too hard now?

Listen ignorant. The only way to show you're fancy skills is to show others you're fancy replay video. Which is luckily going to happen with youtube uploader. In other words, pictures can't never ever express driving skills.
 
personally I love taking pictures of my car in unique settings.

So, I'll love taking photos of cars in Photo Mode.

Why won't you?
 
Listen ignorant. The only way to show you're fancy skills is to show other you're fancy replay video. Which is luckily going to happen with youtube uploader. In other words, pictures can't never ever express driving skills.

nice double negative brah
 
Listen ignorant. The only way to show you're fancy skills is to show other you're fancy replay video. Which is luckily going to happen with youtube uploader. In other words, pictures can't never ever express driving skills.

Oh my God, wtf. Are you seriously telling me you wouldn't think these people were skilled if you saw this photo?
Drifting42-vi.jpg


nice double negative brah

👍 :lol:
 
Hey man ... Been thinking about it and you're right, I was getting rather offensive. Sorry about that. I'm just baffled with all the criticism of the game by people who haven't even played it yet. Took it out on the wrong person and for that, my apologies. :cheers:

For the other folks, here's some games that might be more along your line:

http://compsimgames.about.com/od/toppicks/tp/barbie_games.htm

You can dress her up, change her hair color, change the colors AND textures of her clothes ... hell, you can really live it up.

Me? I'll be happily driving. I'm not waiting on GT5 - The Real Barbie Simulator.
Don't worry about it. It's just an internet forum. Took all my aggression out in Black OPS so it's good now.
 
Oh my God, wtf. Are you seriously telling me you wouldn't think these people were skilled if you saw this photo?
Drifting42-vi.jpg

obviously those are still pictures with a smoke machine no one could possibly do that unless there was a replay
 
personally I love taking pictures of my car in unique settings.

So, I'll love taking photos of cars in Photo Mode.

Why won't you?

Because i don't see why i'll be pausing the game just to take pictures!!!. You know. My friend is a forza fag. And the day he killed me is the day when showed me a picture of the BMW M5 G-Power Hurricane taken in forza3. I was like effing how? Then he laughed at me and told me he did it in the livery editor. That was really the shock of my life. In forza3, you can make cars that didnt exist in the game!!!
 
It has been already said by other users that changing wheels really do nothing to the performance of the car, but I know that people will still be complaining and bickering which is really sad.
 
I doubt there will be DLC to make standards more like premiums.

That's what GT6 is for.
Alright then! I'm going to skip GT5 and wait for GT6
avatar141601_1.gif
 
Oh my God, wtf. Are you seriously telling me you wouldn't think these people were skilled if you saw this photo?
Drifting42-vi.jpg




👍 :lol:

Well, the only reason I'm assuming there good is because of the livery. What's proving that this people both didn't smash into the wall when they came out of that drift.
 
Don't worry about it. It's just an internet forum. Took all my aggression out in Black OPS so it's good now.

Lol ... me too! I got my ass handed to me trying to beat the Nova 6 level on veteran. Just trying to be an achievement whore to get that Light foot achievement. (get off the ship with 2:15 left on the timer in veteran). I got pissed and shut down the 360 so it didn't even save the last checkpoint. DOH! :dunce:

But thanks for being cool about it.

/off topic

OP> did you check out the Barbie games I linked?
 
Oh my God, wtf. Are you seriously telling me you wouldn't think these people were skilled if you saw this photo?
Drifting42-vi.jpg




👍 :lol:

You're showing me a typical japanese drifters which is by the look of their cars it shows how skilled they are. You're picture is useless.

Tip: never post a picture of recognizable skilled drivers saying that they are skilled.
 
Aftermarket wheels were probably modeled for Premium cars. They'd look too good/out of place on Standard cars. That's probably the reason why we can't (presumably) change the wheels on Standard cars.
 
It has been already said by other users that changing wheels really do nothing to the performance of the car, but I know that people will still be complaining and bickering which is really sad.

It's just a shame because the wheels are logically one of the most important things to tune on a car, especially when the originals are heavy, skinny little things. Is it really much to ask? To just have a decade-old feature, one of the most basic and important modifications upgraded just a littel bit over 6 years, instead of taken away?


Aftermarket wheels were probably modeled for Premium cars. They'd look too good/out of place on Standard cars. That's probably the reason why we can't (presumably) change the wheels on Standard cars.

Ironically, this is probably the reason, I agree. "One of the differences between standard and premium cars is that you cannot put new wheels on standard cars because it would make you really notice the difference between standard and premium cars." lol
 
Well, the only reason I'm assuming there good is because of the livery. What's proving that this people both didn't smash into the wall when they came out of that drift.

That's the point in a picture; capturing the moment before everything goes wrong.
 
I understand your points sunnydaman, but people are upset because most of this game (ie. 80% of the content it centres around) is a step backwards. We've been changing wheels on cars since the playstation 1 and we can't even do that anymore. Also PD will notice if people talk loud enough. They do their best to ignore us it seems, but if all forums on the internet are buzzing with bad vibes about particular things, it will be noticed (I guess).

Add to that it's falsely advertised. "Expect perfection" was the promise. I believed them. I honestly wouldn't have bought a ps3 if I'd known about the shortcomings, but they were never mentioned. Don't get me wrong - I think they've done a great job making a game-engine. Racing each other online will be fun and the track creator looks good. But the epic amount of content is just not here. It's 200 cars and a a LOT of PS2 relics that aren't even compatible with some of the most important parts of the game.


Once again, "step backwards" means an out of date physics with unimpressive graphics, and neither is what you can say about GT5. I said this time and time again, nothing is ever "perfect". Its like they gave GT5 so much content, that you all forgot that it has tons more content than any other racing game ever.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back