Cars uncustomizable?/Update: check post 1 to get some taste of what it should've been

  • Thread starter Thread starter Darkpitiless
  • 345 comments
  • 28,147 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just a shame because the wheels are logically one of the most important things to tune on a car, especially when the originals are heavy, skinny little things. Is it really much to ask? To just have a decade-old feature, one of the most basic and important modifications upgraded just a littel bit over 6 years, instead of taken away?

Did you not read my post? They barley add to the performance.
 
Once again, "step backwards" means an out of date physics with unimpressive graphics, and neither is what you can say about GT5. I said this time and time again, nothing is ever "perfect". Its like they gave GT5 so much content, that you all forgot that it has tons more content than any other racing game ever.

Mate he's right about it being a step backwards. they're the same cars but they've lost a feature they had a decade ago, simple as that.
 
Once again, "step backwards" means an out of date physics with unimpressive graphics, and neither is what you can say about GT5. I said this time and time again, nothing is ever "perfect". Its like they gave GT5 so much content, that you all forgot that it has tons more content than any other racing game ever.

that is your opinion
 
It has been already said by other users that changing wheels really do nothing to the performance of the car, but I know that people will still be complaining and bickering which is really sad.

You obviously have no idea how important wheels are to a car, they're basically the most important part of the car and the most important and mostly first thing you customize to go faster.
 
I just want to make a virtual Miata like mine in real life. I can do that in FM3, but not GT5.

And this is apparently ok with everyone?

I think it's not, but rather it's a matter of finances. I do not have the money for an X360 and FM3.
 
You obviously have no idea how important wheels are to a car, they're basically the most important part of the car and the most important and mostly first thing you customize to go faster.

thats a joke right
 
You obviously have no idea how important wheels are to a car, they're basically the most important part of the car and the most important and mostly first thing you customize to go faster.

lmaoooo
 
Once again, "step backwards" means an out of date physics with unimpressive graphics, and neither is what you can say about GT5. I said this time and time again, nothing is ever "perfect". Its like they gave GT5 so much content, that you all forgot that it has tons more content than any other racing game ever.

Yeah but you're in the customisation thread ;) I said in my previous post, they've made a great game-engine and lots of other great stuff. We're here to talk about this area of the game: The 800 cars.

Also, yes wheels do make a difference to performance. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsprung_mass

Anyway, it is kind of useless to whine or be upset, so cya on track. :sly: Peace.
 
Mate he's right about it being a step backwards. they're the same cars but they've lost a feature they had a decade ago, simple as that.

Or maybe the premiums feature better wheels. In gt4 you could not paint wheels at all thats a step forward, they would of looked out placed on standards? You have not seen a premium car get customize so why are you so fast to judge. The wheels on a standard suck big time, but we still can paint them and customize them for the premiums.
 
It has been already said by other users that changing wheels really do nothing to the performance of the car, but I know that people will still be complaining and bickering which is really sad.

As far as i know, weight and size of the wheels affects:

1-handling.
2-accelerating.
3-Braking.
4-In some cases if the wheels are too big the will hurt the rear axle.
5-In some cases if the wheels are too heavey they will hurt the gearbox.

EDIT: I drive a 320i, if i upgrade my wheels to over 18 inch wheels my warranty will be void.
 
Alright then! I'm going to skip GT5 and wait for GT6
avatar141601_1.gif

OK *Sony* may have a release day for gt6 at the end of the month:lol::lol:
 
You know after 5-6 years of development, and after hearing Kaz say that the project was equivalent to that of the Apollo Project, most fans only expected perfection. Some of us (myself included) expected to have all the features from GT4 and THEN SOME. I expected the customization especially to be more detailed this time. So for you people who think this is trivial, PLEASE understand where WE were when it came to our expectations.
 
You want to know why GT5 sucks? well i'll tell you why it sucks..

1- You can't customize ur car ' no sense of expression'.
2- Lack of newest hottest cars ' CTS-V, M6, CL AMG, E63 and dozens which all the other games has them.
3- You can't rotate the camera a 360 angle like every other racing game in the world.
4- The chase cam is the worst chase cam in any racing game ever. A SEGA GENESIS would have performed better.

This only a few, and i could name all day. 6 car fields, weather, day/night cycles are partialy useless when thats all u'v got in the game. What the hell is the need of photomode if u can't personalize ur car? i just dont effing get it!!!!!

1- Uh, yes you can. All premiums are entirely customizable. And both standard and premium cars allow for performance customization.
2- 458 Italia, SLS, MP4-12C, F10, Zonda R, C63 AMG, Gallardo LP-570-4, Murcielago SV, 908, ZR1...So the problem isn't that GT5 doesn't have new cars, the problem is that it doesn't have new cars you like.
3- Deal breaker right there. I mean you can't rotate the camera, that's what you pay $60 for, right? 👎
4- Pure opinion. Plus I don't think you've ever seen a Genesis game before. Cause if you had you'd realize you're out of your mind by saying that.

And if you were paying attention, I said 16 car fields...and maybe some of us like to use photo mode to appreciate the beauty of a car stock. You know, before its ruined by neons, 22 inch rims, a bodykit that doesn't fit, a ridiculous wing and a Monster energy livery. There are hundreds of other games that let you do that. Go play them.
 

because there are so many cheaper and more efficient ways of making your car go faster ....

lots of people like to do the breath in breath out method for their first few mods...intake, exhaust

then you can change the ecu, header (i guess that could be considered exhaust), etc, etc.

why spend so much more on wheels (and most likely new tires) to go "faster" when the average person modifying their car isn't too concerned with a weight advantage right off the bat.


i could keep going on and on about this.
 
You know after 5-6 years of development, and after hearing Kaz say that the project was equivalent to that of the Apollo Project, most fans only expected perfection. Some of us (myself included) expected to have all the features from GT4 and THEN SOME. I expected the customization especially to be more detailed this time. So for you people who think this is trivial, PLEASE understand where WE were when it came to our expectations.

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
 
1- Uh, yes you can. All premiums are entirely customizable. And all both standard and premium cars allow for performance customization.
2- 458 Italia, SLS, MP4-12C, F10, Zonda R, C63 AMG, Gallardo LP-570-4, Murcielago SV, 908, ZR1...So the problem isn't that GT5 doesn't have new cars, the problem is that it doesn't have new cars you like.
3- Deal breaker right there. I mean you can't rotate the camera, that's what you pay $60 for, right? 👎
4- Pure opinion. Plus I don't think you've ever seen a Genesis game before. Cause if you had you'd realize you're out of your mind by saying that.

And if you were paying attention, I said 16 car fields...and maybe some of us like to use photo mode to appreciate the beauty of a car stock. You know, before its ruined by neons, 22 inch rims, a bodykit that doesn't fit, a ridiculous wing and a Monster energy livery. There are hundreds of other games that let you do that. Go play them.
To be fair, we don't know that they are. We know we can put different wheels on them but that's as far as it goes.
 
you know after 5-6 years of development, and after hearing kaz say that the project was equivalent to that of the apollo project, most fans only expected perfection. Some of us (myself included) expected to have all the features from gt4 and then some. I expected the customization especially to be more detailed this time. So for you people who think this is trivial, please understand where we were when it came to our expectations.

+1
 
In FM3 I don't own and haven't painted one single car 'rice'. There's this thing called motorsport and the cars have liveries, even in group. N yeah, which means FM3 allows people to make their own racing cars. How is wanting that ability in GT akin to wanting to go back to the dark days of Fast and Furious overload?

"make their own racing cars"

It's Just customization. Not all of that.
 
You know after 5-6 years of development, and after hearing Kaz say that the project was equivalent to that of the Apollo Project, most fans only expected perfection. Some of us (myself included) expected to have all the features from GT4 and THEN SOME. I expected the customization especially to be more detailed this time. So for you people who think this is trivial, PLEASE understand where WE were when it came to our expectations.

well people are still complaining even tho they dont have the game so who knows
those few people who got the game early arent really retail versions maybe
 
why spend so much more on wheels (and most likely new tires) to go "faster" when the average person modifying their car isn't too concerned with a weight advantage right off the bat.

Increasing power makes you faster in a straight line. Removing weight makes you faster everywhere.
 
To be fair, we don't know that they are. We know we can put different wheels on them but that's as far as it goes.

Fair enough. Body paint, wheel paint, rear wings on all premiums and racing modification on some. Though I'm pretty sure in that GT Auto video I saw a tab for "extension," although I don't know what that entails.
 
1- Uh, yes you can. All premiums are entirely customizable. And both standard and premium cars allow for performance customization.
2- 458 Italia, SLS, MP4-12C, F10, Zonda R, C63 AMG, Gallardo LP-570-4, Murcielago SV, 908, ZR1...So the problem isn't that GT5 doesn't have new cars, the problem is that it doesn't have new cars you like.
3- Deal breaker right there. I mean you can't rotate the camera, that's what you pay $60 for, right? 👎
4- Pure opinion. Plus I don't think you've ever seen a Genesis game before. Cause if you had you'd realize you're out of your mind by saying that.

And if you were paying attention, I said 16 car fields...and maybe some of us like to use photo mode to appreciate the beauty of a car stock. You know, before its ruined by neons, 22 inch rims, a bodykit that doesn't fit, a ridiculous wing and a Monster energy livery. There are hundreds of other games that let you do that. Go play them.

No im serious man!! i remember i had a Motor cycle game on my Genisis but i dont remember the name of the game. I remember the stupid chase cam in that piece of crap game being more dynamic than the chase cam in GT5
 
^ Road Rash?
 
To be fair, we don't know that they are. We know we can put different wheels on them but that's as far as it goes.

I'm pretty sure I saw a rear spoiler on an SLS in an older special event picture.
 
To be fair, we don't know that they are. We know we can put different wheels on them but that's as far as it goes.

This could be an insight into what could be done. If so, I'd be more than chuffed :D
suzuki-cappuccino-hp-tuned.JPG
 
Fair enough. Body paint, wheel paint, rear wings on all premiums and racing modification on some. Though I'm pretty sure in that GT Auto video I saw a tab for "extension," although I don't know what that entails.

Standards are also privileged with these extensive features.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back