[CCS2] Clubman Cup - October 18 - Spaces Available!

Denmark
Upside-down in the final corner
rallymorten
Clubman Cup The Second Season small.jpg

Next Event:
Red Bull Ring - GP

Standard racing rules apply - two wheels within the white lines at all times, contact kept to a minimum, only rejoin the track when it is safe to do so and so on.

Each event will feature a two-race format, with the starting order for race two being the inverted results of race 1.

Championship races feature a qualifying session to set the grid for Race 1. This will be done using the in-game Qualifying system.

The usual restrictions on liveries apply - it must be safe for work. If, at any point, you question whether your livery is safe for work, consider it as not safe. You may be asked to use a different livery if an inspection finds your livery not safe for work. There are no restrictions on the application of driver numbers or names.

Tyre wear and fuel usage are turned off for this series.

Season Two of the Clubman Cup sees a return of two fan favorites from Season One, joined by a host of cars invoking memories of the early days of Gran Turismo.

Specs:
Ford Focus ST '15: 200 BHP, 1403 KG.
Honda Civic Type-R '98: 190 BHP, 1102 KG.
Mazda RX-7 GT-X '90: 199 BHP, 1400 KG.
Nissan Silvia K's Dia Selection (S13) '90: 170 BHP, 1140 KG.
Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A '88: 199 BHP, 1407 KG.
Volkswagen Golf VII GTI '14: 199 BHP, 1403 KG.
All times Central Europe - click each event's link in The Tracks

~ 20:00 - lobby opening
20:45 - 21:00 - Qualifying
21:00 - 21:30 - Race 1 (30 mins)
21:40 - 22:10 - Race 2 (30 mins)
Preparations for each race begin roughly 5 minutes before start
Start Type: Grid Start with False Start Check
Grid Order (Race 1): Fastest First, based on qualifying session
Grid Order (Race 2): Reverse Grid Based on Previous Race Result *
Boost: Off
Slipstream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light **
Tyre Wear: Off ***
Fuel Depletion: Off ***
Grip Reduction: Real
Tuning: No Prohibited
Penalty Settings: All penalties off ****
Driving Options: Only Traction Control and ABS allowed

* Should anyone join after race 1 but before race 2, I will manually set the grid to allow for a reverse order with newcomers at the back.
** This is a slightly more light-hearted sprint series. By limiting mechanical damage to Light, any contact won't immediately result in a trip to the pits and render you out of contention.
*** Again, this is a sprint series, with cars of very different drive trains. As a result, neither of these settings make much sense to include.
**** Any incident people want looking at will be reviewed manually. If people are interested in doing so, I shall gladly setup a "board" of stewards.
It's a bit too late to come around now and ask whether or not this is happening. It *is* happening at some point, but as long as this is the text greeting you in this bit, it's not for the foreseeable future. But why not follow the thread and get notified when things start to happen? You can do that by clicking the little button at the top of the page.

Last edited:
What time zones please ?

CET. As it says in the very top of The Race Day.

If that happens to confuse anyone beyond what Google can fix, try clicking one of the suspiciously blue-colored, underlined dates. Magic will then happen and you will instantly know when things are happening.

At least this time I haven't had to wait an entire month for a first response only to have it make negative sense. So.. yay, progress?

Timely reminder that there's now a week and some hours 'till the scheduled test event, and there's a cracking entry list of..

..yeah, it's just me and @AudiMan2011 still. Surely there's got to be a few more people willing to spend their Friday evening on a series that isn't just your run-of-the-mill Gr.-based series*?

If a timing clash is what's keeping you away, I'm willing to negotiate - assuming the other party is as well.

*shade = thrown.

The lack of room settings and small car list are probably what's putting people off from signing up.

The lack of room settings

..now that you mention it, that could be a point. Consider that addressed.

Now, not to get derailed or anything (i.e. don't see this as a personal attack, because it isn't one), but:

small car list

Considering there are people successfully running series' with three, two or even one model, I'm not entirely sure that's fair. Besides, it's a first-season kind of thing. The shtick being that first seasons are proof-of-concept. A concept upon which you build in the future.

And yes, that's me saying I'm fully aware of a few obvious additions to the roster - assuming there's any interest in the concept to begin with.

@AudiMan2011
@lbpomg95

As you may or may not know, there's supposed to be a test session in a little less than 35 hours from now, and participation numbers are looking.. as uplifting as ever, frankly.

If either of you happen know someone who might have even the vaguest interest in this, don't hesitate to let them know. Please.

I'm also looking for some general feedback into why literally everything I do ends up in the metaphorical drain within a week or two of the thread going up. So if anyone's looking at the thread and is put off of participating for some reason, do tell me why. 'Cause if it's just a matter of timing, I'm willing to negotiate.

Well I'm unlike most others, in that I prefer racing road cars and avoid slick tyres like the plague. So that might be where some lack of interest comes in.

Yeah there seems to be a general lack of interest in racing low power road cars and people would rather do one of the 18 billion generic Gr.3/Gr.4 leagues instead.

I also think that the lack of awareness that this league exists is another factor. If you don't have friends available to tell and help spread the word, then people won't know about this.

Building awareness is likely part of the reason why my series was moderately successful.

you don't have friends

#quotestakenoutofcontext.

With that bit of self-deprecation out of the way:

I also think that the lack of awareness that this league exists is another factor. If you don't have friends available to tell and help spread the word, then people won't know about this.

Building awareness is likely part of the reason why my series was moderately successful.

..I want to go on a rant about how that's a bad thing for online racing, but I tried that in the B-Spec days and got absolutely 🤬 on (which is kinda funny considering the state of *that* these days), so I'm instead going to spin this in a more I'm-not-entirely-sure-what-I'm-supposed-to-do-to-fix-this angle. Other than committing myself to joining series as if I was a single mother on social media and hoping for that to pay dividends by this time next year, which.. if that's the bare minimum of what needs to be done, I'd frankly rather permanently unable to post - scratch that, I'd rather not be able to even see anything about any Online Racing section and just forget that it was ever a thing. That's the state of affairs right now.

people would rather do one of the 18 billion generic Gr.3/Gr.4 leagues instead.

Not to beat a dead horse or anything, but.. yeah, just read the first part of the above section again.

*sigh* perhaps I really should give up on trying to be creative and just get Group 4 Super Tourers over and done with. At least I can then finally say that meme died a long-overdue, deserved death.

I've entered the MX-5.

I haven't played the game in three weeks but this sounds like a good way to come back.

Ayy Friday racing. I put in a signup. Not sure what my future schedule will look like, but I might be able to do every event.

..see what I mean yet, @AudiMan2011?

Also, the Honda has - perhaps unsurprisingly - become a runaway favorite. Which means, in the interest of keeping things as open and diverse as possible, I shall switch to something else.

Many thanks. Don't think the DC2 is particularly great on overall pace but it's certainly looking to be the easiest to drive.

I think the general consensus is that BoP is somewhere in the ballpark, as evidenced by the fact that overtaking requires quite a lot of bravery and the only real gaps produced was down to driver error. A couple of minor adjustments here and there and this could be promising. I feel like I may have expected far worse when I made it a two-week gap between official testing and the first series race :lol:

Also, a handful of action shots from said test event to let everyone know what they're missing out on because something-something-road-cars-on-Sports-tyres:

Pretty good night running. M3 felt good on the setup with some tweaks needed for the gearbox since it gets killed in straight line speed. Definitely makes up for it in cornering to remain somewhat on par with the DC2.

BoP changes directly related to last night's test run:
  • Ford Focus gets a 1% power increase in an effort to make it not completely useless on the straights. Will be investigating if a slight weight increase makes sense alongside this.
  • Honda Integra and BMW M3 competitiveness will be investigated
You should see these changes (along with a general prettification of certain bits) in the OP "soon".

If people are up for it, I can host another, similar session same time next week. Hopefully the propaganda will have worked and we'll have even more people.

Back