[CCS2] Clubman Cup - October 18 - Spaces Available!

This series honestly looks very interesting and a great group of drivers so far. Unfortunately I'm at work during the races, otherwise I'd probably be signed up for sure. Good luck with it, I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Same for me. This looks like a lot of fun. I like the race highlights.

It's very unlikely I make the first round as that's the same day as my delayed Graduation. Sorry about that. : (

It's very unlikely I make the first round as that's the same day as my delayed Graduation. Sorry about that. : (
That's a shame - I tried my BRZ on Brands and it's looking to be really competitive. I beat my Integra's best time by half a second within about 3 laps!

..and here we be, a little less than 60 hours from five lights turning off for the first competitive race in Clubman Cup - this is as good a time as any to start the classic who-can-confirm-their-attendance train. If anyone out there's still on the fence, I'd suggest you make the jump in the near future.

In typical my-luck fashion, I might have something I need to discuss regarding the timing of the season finale, but.. we're still 6 weeks out. Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

I can attend Round 1. Also word of advice @rallymorten, it's easier to grab the attention of those signed up by doing a mass tagging, otherwise they won't know.

Also word of advice @rallymorten, it's easier to grab the attention of those signed up by doing a mass tagging, otherwise they won't know.

Oh, I am aware of that, but I've also got plenty of experience suggesting I can tag people as much as I want and get absolutely no response anyway. The many instances of me trying to run one-off events in the past should tell that story adequately.

Consider this me trying to strike a balance between "tagging people when it's absolutely necessary or helpful to do so" and "forcing people to show some level of investment on their own accord".

Hopefully i can make it back from the airport by then. If not, I'll definitely make the second race.

I'll be playing chauffeur for some family Friday, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it. Hoping to, but don't plan for it.

Next event: Round One, May 17

Europe, the near future.

With the cost of effectively participating in motorsport rising in the individual countries, the number of new drivers coming in is on the decline. The importance of having a big, name-brand sponsor, coupled with said sponsors' failing interest in the unpredictable nature of investing in young talent means motorsports is at a crossroad - it needs to become relevant or risk fading into obscurity.

On the eve of extinction, a group of motorsport clubs from all over Europe have decided to join forces to launch one final attempt at catering to both drivers and sponsors - an international series that's cheap to race in, featuring a selection of classic entry-level racers past and present. Each motorsport club has pulled all the strings it can, and - despite some scepticism - have secured races at venues from the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya in the west to Dragon Trail in the east.

Utilising a classic two-race format and packing a variety of different cars, will the series survive its first season?
Standard racing rules apply - two wheels within the white lines at all times, contact kept to a minimum, only rejoin the track when it is safe to do so and so on.

Each event will feature a two-race format, with the starting order for race two being the inverted results of race 1.

The usual restrictions on liveries apply - it must be safe for work. If, at any point, you question whether your livery is safe for work, consider it as not safe. You may be asked to use a different livery if an inspection finds your livery not safe for work. There are no restrictions on the application of driver numbers or names.

Tyre wear and fuel usage are turned off for this series.
BMW M3 Sport Evolution '89
View attachment 819199
Power: 202 BHP (86%)
Weight: 1164 KG (97%)
Availability: 2/4

Ford Focus ST '15
View attachment 819197
Power: 200 BHP (80%)
Weight: 1403 KG (96%)

Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98
View attachment 819198
Power: 188 BHP (95%)
Weight: 1080 KG (100%)

Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA) '89
View attachment 819200
Power: 200 BHP (170%)
Weight: 1146 KG (122%)
Availability: 3/4

Subaru BRZ S '15
View attachment 819195
Power: 190 BHP (96%)
Weight: 1156 KG (94%)

Volkswagen Golf VII GTI '14
View attachment 819196
Power: 208 BHP (96%)
Weight: 1390 KG (100%)

All cars will be equipped with Sports Hard tyres.
May 3
Test Day
Brands Hatch GP

May 17
Round 1
Brands Hatch GP

May 24
Round 2
Red Bull Ring

May 31
Round 3
Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya

June 7
Round 4
Dragon Trail - Gardens II

June 14
Round 5
Nürburgring GP

June 21
Season Finale
Lake Maggiore East II
All times CET

~ 20:00 - lobby opening
20:40 - 20:55 - Qualifying (15 mins)
20:55 - 21:00 - Race 1 preparations
21:00 - 21:35 - Race 1 (30 mins)
21:35 - 21:45 - Break
21:45 - 21:50 - Race 2 preparations
21:50 - 22:25 - Race 2 (30 mins)
Start Type: Grid Start with False Start Check
Grid Order (Race 1): Fastest First
Grid Order (Race 2): Reverse Grid Based on Previous Race Result*
Boost: Off
Slipstream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light**
Tyre Wear: O*****
Fuel Depletion: O*****
Grip Reduction: Real
Tuning: No Limit****
Penalty Settings: All penalties o*******
Driving Options: Only Traction Control and ABS allowed

* Should anyone join after race 1 but before race 2 (and thus for some reason start on pole), they will be asked to give way to the other drivers as soon as possible - effectively starting from the pits.
** This is a slightly more light-hearted sprint series. By limiting mechanical damage to Light, any contact won't immediately result in a trip to the pits and render you out of contention.
*** Again, this is a sprint series, with cars of very different drive trains. As a result, neither of these settings make much sense to include.
**** Because if I don't explicitly state it's allowed, people will automatically assume it's banned. For some reason. I really have no idea.
***** Any incident people want looking at will be reviewed manually. If people are interested in doing so, I shall gladly setup a "board" of stewards.

Psn: gcpat
Car: Integra

I believe I fixed it

That is *exactly* what I was referring to.

With about 36 hours to go, I've got 10 amazing folks listed as having signed up, which, frankly, is 5 times more than I'd dared to hope for a month ago.

Aaaand the list so far of people who have confirmed their status for the first round is as following:

Attending:
@AudiMan2011
@Antares26@HarryWS@lbpomg95
@Patrick Falk
@rallymorten (obviously)
@Sphinx
@Vegard

Hopes to attend, may or may not make it:
@Drex124
@geeTeye
@TetsuKobura

Given my previous history, I'm a bit reluctant to say this, but I'm genuinely excited at the prospect of this getting underway tomorrow.

Last edited:
Your friendly back marker here to confirm attendance for the first event! I’m a couple of seconds off pace at the moment (still trying to get used to this damned wheel!) so I’ll try not to get in anyone’s way!!

Found the submission form and completed.
I'm available for the 1st event.
I fancied the M3, but to even the field up a bit I've gone for the BRZ.
All I have to do now is to learn this livery thingy and search for a tune...

That is *exactly* what I was referring to.

With about 36 hours to go, I've got 10 amazing folks listed as having signed up, which, frankly, is 5 times more than I'd dared to hope for a month ago.

Aaaand the list so far of people who have confirmed their status for the first round is as following:

Attending:
@AudiMan2011
@Antares26@HarryWS@rallymorten (obviously)
@Vegard

Hopes to attend, may or may not make it:
@Drex124
@geeTeye
@TetsuKobura

Not confirmed yet:
@lbpomg95
@Patrick Falk

Has stated an interest in the thread but has yet to fill out the insurance forms:
@Sphinx

Given my previous history, I'm a bit reluctant to say this, but I'm genuinely excited at the prospect of this getting underway tomorrow.
Confirming my attendance

I've gone and done a slight alteration to my livery myself, though.. really it's just making it ever-so-slightly less like the GT League replica it is and incorporating the two memes this car has already created:

Also, if anyone feels like adapting it into their own livery within these last ~23 (my timing is on point) hours until the lobby opens, I've uploaded the Clubman Cup decal here.

I'd like to sign up but I don't know each week's schedule until the Friday before so sometimes I won't make it.

Tomorrow I get out at 3:30pm EST and can be home and in-game ready to race before Race 1 starts. I may or not have enough to set a hot lap though. If I make it into the lobby before Race 1 would it be okay to start me at the back of the field? I'd like to use the Subaru BRZ please.

I'd like to sign up but I don't know each week's schedule until the Friday before so sometimes I won't make it.

Tomorrow I get out at 3:30pm EST and can be home and in-game ready to race before Race 1 starts. I may or not have enough to set a hot lap though. If I make it into the lobby before Race 1 would it be okay to start me at the back of the field? I'd like to use the Subaru BRZ please.
There's a sign up page you can go to, it's in the OP.

It just occured to me that I might have made a mistake/ caused confusion.

On the docs form I put “G2G1950” at both entries.

My GTP name is G2G1950
To be honest I dont know which is the PSN name. Is it my account name on thePS4 or is the name I took for GTsport?
Maybe someone can tell me this?
As my PSN name I wrote: g2g1950
Do I have to fill the doc again?

Doesn't really matter - before the race starts morten will post the lobby number on here which you can enter in on the lobby selection and join from there.

Sheesh, quite a few things happened overnight, I see.

If I make it into the lobby before Race 1 would it be okay to start me at the back of the field?

If there is an opening in the room in time for you to enter said race, then I don't see why I shouldn't be OK with that.

Just.. don't be the sort of person that throws a tantrum if you join halfway through race 1 and we don't restart to get you in. I beg.

To be honest I dont know which is the PSN name. Is it my account name on thePS4 or is the name I took for GTsport?
Maybe someone can tell me this?

Your PSN name is the name other people can see when they're playing with you online, if that helps. If you're still confused, open a private room on GTS, and note what name you appear as in said room. *That* is your PSN name.

Actually, just send a PSN message to "rallymorten" and I'll sort things out for you.

Latest Posts

Back