[CCS2] Clubman Cup - October 18 - Spaces Available!

What is the car choice field looking like? I might switch from the Integra is something isn't being used, just to give more diversity to the field.

What is the car choice field looking like? I might switch from the Integra is something isn't being used, just to give more diversity to the field.

So far, Morten switched to the Focus from the DC2, I'm in the E30, Vegard in the NA Miata and lbpomg is in the DC2.

What is the car choice field looking like?

..as I realize I haven't made this "public" just yet, with me in the Focus, the only car that hasn't got an entry is the BRZ. Going for that would also put all cars at exactly one entry. So that's a fun fact.

Also this thread has lived to see the second page. Which is sort of a miracle in its own right.

..as I realize I haven't made this "public" just yet, with me in the Focus, the only car that hasn't got an entry is the BRZ. Going for that would also put all cars at exactly one entry. So that's a fun fact.

Also this thread has lived to see the second page. Which is sort of a miracle in its own right.
I'll switch to the BRZ for the sake of having a diverse field, then. 👍

I’m a pal of @lbpomg95 - he’s just pointed me to this thread as we both have similar interests in cars we like to drive! I’m definitely interested! I’m happy in the BRZ, MX5 or Honda! Whatever feels the most underrepresented although I am a newcomer to driving on a wheel so one that’s easy to drive is a preference :lol:
-edit-
Just signed up with the Integra with number 23! Look forward to partaking in the series!

Last edited:
Right, I've done something a little different (and more visually appealing - and more SEO friendly) to the cars bit. Let's see if that brings in results.

Speaking of results, the ever-so-slight power increase of the Focus *will* be countered by an equal increase in weight. Updated specs can, as usual, be found in the OP. The rest of the cars don't immediately feel as much in need of rebalancing, but I'd be curious to hear what any of you may have to say on the topic of balance.

Well last night I tried a BRZ and my DC2 at Lake Mag East II and they're within 0.2 seconds of each other after a lap each so I'd say they're good! :D

One thing might be worth trying to keep balance is just adapt things on the race day - if any cars have an obvious edge in the lap times, then give it a weight penalty or something, since what works on one track may not work on another.

Last edited:
Bit late but I got some photos of Friday's test race.

7205772608871105048_0.jpg

7214779799403791888_0.jpg

7350446349392839184_0.jpg

Friendly little reminder that I fully intend on having a second test lobby open in a little less than 10 hours from now. If at all possible, I'd like to get a full race simulation in there.

Well I had good fun tonight! Even if I was absolutely hopeless and a lap behind the pack... guess the transition to a wheel needs more time :lol: Hopefully will get some practice in on the Hatch before the first event!

That was some quality races. Plenty of wheel-on-wheel, side-by-side stuff - particular shoutouts goes to @AudiMan2011 and @TetsuKobura for the seemingly neverending, only-very-slightly-touringcar-ish three-way battles we found ourselves in all night :lol:

I'll have a selection of photos of this up over the course of the weekend. If you're one of those who doubt racing N200 cars on Sports tyres can be great, I'd just like you to know that you're missing the 🤬 out and you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Speaking of which, tonights races were so fantastic I've decided Maggiore is utterly wasted as the first race. As such, it will swap slot with Brands Hatch GP to become the season finale.

Last edited:
Was a good race - admittedly the two Hondas got a little lonely last night!

So umm, did anyone else doing the photos for the first race notice I mighta sorta started in reverse? Oops...

Really interesting seeing the first few laps from your perspective, you can really see the dynamic between the M3 and Type R - cornering vs speed.

Last lap was epic by the way.

Last edited:
Agreed. I reckon Brands Hatch next week will be even closer - last week we were pretty much all evens there.

I reckon Brands Hatch next week will be even closer - last week we were pretty much all evens there.

..while that is true (as was emphasised by not that many overtakes happening), it's worth remembering that Brands Hatch is a completely different beast to Maggiore - it's so much tighter and technical, meaning you'll need not just your own bravery, but a little bit of cooperation to get an overtake done. It takes a completely different driving style, and creates a completely different tone. It's more of a mini-endurance, whereas yesterday was the equivalent of a Chinese New Year display - on steroids.

And that was in a field with what, 4-5 cars effectively racing competitively - imagine if more people would stop judging books by their cover.

Oh yeah, and the OP's been updated, including the most important part. So there.

Thought I'd do a report of the race if you don't mind a picture-heavy post...

So, race 2. We were joined by @HarryWS or TheVulfmon in the Integra, @geeTeye in the GTi (go figure), StormPacer in the plain BRZ, @TetsuKobura in the other BRZ, @AudiMan2011 in the E30, @rallymorten in the Focus and at the back, myself or Volvo240-of-Doom (yep that is my PSN name) in the other Integra.

m1.jpg

Thankfully, I didn't start in reverse, and the usual first-corner-jumble was fairly tidy.

m2.jpg

By the end of sector 2, a four-way-battle for first had emerged between Tetso, me, morten and Audiman.

m3.jpg

Heading onto the main straight at the end of lap one, the tone had been set.

m4.jpg

After the evil sector 2 S-bends took Tetso out of the immediate running, we were down to three.

m5.jpg

m6.jpg

For the next few laps, it was very close between me, morten and Audiman, with me barely keeping pole while the other two duked it out for second place. By lap six, with a clean track and nobody vying for position with me, I was able to gain a decent lead, leaving a much more interesting battle a few seconds behind between Audiman and morten, with a familiar BRZ lurking not too far behind...

m7.jpg

m8.jpg

For the next two laps, Audiman held the lead until morten got a particularly good exit, leading into lap eight as Tetso closed in, meanwhile I remained a few seconds ahead, not gaining or losing.

m9.jpg

m10.jpg

Further back, StormPacer and geeTeye were fairly close, but never had much of a tussle for position.

m11.jpg

For the next several laps, not a lot happened - Audiman continued to chase me down, scoring the best lap of the race in the process, and morten continued to chase him, until lap 12, where after a particularly good second sector, Tetso appeared out of nowhere to take third place as he and morten headed into sector 3. The battle was now on for second place.

m12.jpg

m13.jpg

For the next two laps, the three traded positions until lap 14, where hitting the outside wall on the last corner left morten with a battle scar and a lot of time to make up.

m14.jpg

By lap 16, he had done just that, partly thanks to another evil sector 2 S-bend drift, this time affecting Audiman.

m15.jpg

At this point, Tetso began to break out a bit of a lead over the other two.

m16.jpg

By now, it was obvious that lap eighteen would be the final lap. Having overshot turn one, Audiman was in fourth with time to make up.

m17.jpg

Into the sector 2 S-bends, it was anyone's race.

m19.jpg

Thus far, the race had been very lonely for the two Hondas on the field, until now. One had been lapped by the other. I must say though, Harry's Integra looks pretty damn amazing.

m18.jpg

Fourteen seconds later, on the same straight, it was neck-and-neck...

m20.jpg

Audiman sent it into the next corner, barely holding the line, as well as second position, while morten with the outside line was left at a disadvantage. At the end of the race, Audiman took second, Tetso, having made a heroic comeback after his second lap off, took third, and morten took fourth - all within half a second of each other.

m21.jpg

Resident backmarker reporting for duty. I don't know if I'll be able to make it to all the races but I figured I should at least show up.

This series honestly looks very interesting and a great group of drivers so far. Unfortunately I'm at work during the races, otherwise I'd probably be signed up for sure. Good luck with it, I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Back