Cerbera Speed 12... serious business...

  • Thread starter Thread starter brambos
  • 133 comments
  • 20,647 views
Messages
1,426
Messages
Burammm
After seeing this car in the UCD and OCD several times but passing it up due to the mediocrity of other TVRs, I decided to pick one up for the heck of it.

Only 60km on the clock, so as good as new. Slapped on some racing hards and took it to Monza for the heck of it.

GAWD!! That car is scary! It feels heavy, but it just goes and goes and goes :scared: And the sound!! Once you floor the pedal it's like a thing from a Tolkien novel... like all the powers of Mordor forged into a car :crazy:
Every time you change gear, it sounds like someone bangs the gears into place with a sledgehammer.

Took it to La Sarthe to race against a bunch of nimble GT500 JGTC cars and utterly destroyed them. I think this is the craziest road going car in the game - certainly beats the Veyron.

If you see this car, buy it! Most fun you can get for 250k credits!
 
It's been sitting in my garage since day 2, seeing this thread makes me want to take it out! :D
 
I got it as a level 21 ticket.
Have yet to touch it.
 
Yeah its an absolute animal of a car, if you can tame the wheelspin its unbeatable on the highspeed tracks.
Using Sports Hards I managed a 1.43.336 around Monza (No chicane) and it whooped the Veyron down the main straight. Although I posted a 1.41.369 in the Bugatti, both untuned.
 
TVR's are great, you just don't drive them the right way. You need to use sports hard tires at most and no nanny state aids at all to get the genuine TVR experience.

Haven't tried the Speed 12 yet though. Might be a bit different story. :D
 
And the long wheelbase I guess - and the 830 odd BHP on the rear wheels :crazy:

I'll try drifting it later, I don't know what colour to make it though.
 
I've used it in the dream car championship at the nurburgring 24h track once. Just wanted to see how it would perform against those fast race cars. Really liked this car, especially the sound of it. Sounds and drives like a beast! It feels very heavy though but it's a blast to drive. Also won the race with it even though the AI was faster around corners. Will definately use this car more often once I've stopped collecting all cars. :p
 
Tuned mine to 1024bhp and it only weights 1000 odd kg, it will whipe the floor with all super cars; veyron excluded and it will beat a lot of le mans cars up to about 180 mph.
 
I love my Speed 12! Doesnt like to turn much, but its stupid fast! I've got a tuned one in the garage going spare if anyone wants it? Check out the Stu's Car Lot thread in the Market place.
 
Bought it and taken in to the ring for a test ride.
It was the scariest thing so far in the game. :sick:
Amazing machine. It feels heavier than it is tho.
 
Has been a favorite of mine in real life ever since I first it in a magazine, love driving it in the game.
 
My cousin gave me a fully tuned one because he didn't like it, 1000 something HP, I'll have to give it a try.
 
I'll be trying this out today, should be fun! 👍
 
I took mine out on the Nürburgring Nordschleife with whatever tyres come as standard. That was crazy. Barely using the throttle in most gears, and it spins up in fourth...
Good fun, though. :p
 
you know that they decided not to make it in real life because the ceo said it was just going to kill any one that drove it?

i saw it in real life at the london motor show in 2000 something. i almost hard a nerdgasm!
 
Looks like I've got a new car to buy. I completely forgot about the Speed 12. 👍
 
OP how about a speed 12 vs veyron race. I still think the veyron is quicker :)
 
It's the best when you take a good corner, straighten out and put the hammer down it just lunges forward through every gear...I absolutely love it. It also is appealing to watch the replay against small cars...it seriously looks like it is going to eat them.
 
This car is awesome and it's nice to see that it is the same as in previous GT games, unlike other cars such as the Suzuki Escudo.
 
you know that they decided not to make it in real life because the ceo said it was just going to kill any one that drove it?

i saw it in real life at the london motor show in 2000 something. i almost hard a nerdgasm!

LOL... I can imagine... During my first ride I drove it into the concrete blocks at the first Monza chicane with 200km/h within 10 seconds from the start... That would have been lethal.. :)
 
Take it on The Ring. Its scary. I get 4th gear wheel spin at over 120mph, even little skips in 5th. That being said I cannot get below 7min. The car is too unstable and floats between understeer and extreme wheel spin oversteer.
 
It's been sitting in my garage since day 2, seeing this thread makes me want to take it out! :D

Same here, gonna have give it a go.
 
I purchased one a few weeks ago but havent used it. Threads like this help get me driving cars I usually wouldnt.
 
I really wish this car was Premium, that's the only thing keeping me from buying it:(

Imagine driving it in the rain on slicks:crazy:
 
I got this car in GTPSP so I knew how good it was. So when I saw it in gt5 I bought it straight away. It is a monster, does 200mph easily on the monza pit straight.
 
How GT5 represent physics of this car? I've heard it's a monster car to drive and in FM3 it's actually very easy. I mean how it feels? Alive or not? :)
 
I love it. I've been racing comparative times for all of the supercars in stock on Sports Hard tyres around Rome. The Speed 12 is the most insane car of the lot, I got it round Rome faster than a Ferrari 430, but slower than F458, SLS, Veyron, R8 V10.

As has been said, it is quite happy to spin up the rears in 4th gear. I've left stripes on the road out of every corner, up to speeds of around 185kmh. It is actually much more of an understeer car than oversteer, simply because gears 1-3 are so short it'll hit the limiter before it has time to lose the rear end. The best way to drive it is to never change down below 4th gear. But the trouble is judging corner entry speed, hence the regular understeer issues (plus it just doesn't like to turn in at stock settings).

With some tuning and better tyres it'd probably be a beast. If I see one on the UCD I'll tune it up and find out, but currently I only have one so it's left stock.


Is it easy to drive? Not a chance. On Sports Hards you have to be VERY delicate with the pedals. But it's huge fun. It's got better power/weight than a Veyron, but so much less grip and so much worse brakes :)
 
Back