Cerbera Speed 12... serious business...

  • Thread starter Thread starter brambos
  • 133 comments
  • 20,647 views
Absoloutely ridiculous, the Speed 12. In stock trim, acceleration (compared to a veyron) sucks. But then its starts like a train... building and building and building until... OMG still building over 200mph!!!

Monstrous sound - premium now PD. And the most brilliant range of colours of all time.
 
Sounds like an interesting car.

I have a nice blue Speed 12 that I've had for months now just collecting dust. Really need to take the time to drive it.
 
It's the best drift car in the game :)! Get the drift tune on here for it, it's amazing lol
 
Wasn't it written in one of the Gran Turismo sequels that another reason it didn't go into production is because it could eat small children through that gigantic grill opening? I remember reading that somewhere.

After reading that, it was forever deemd the most villainous car in the series.
Not only does it eat little children; it awakens primal fears in men as the road crumbles beneath it, and in its wake lies thunderstorms, earthquakes, floods and famine. It has been known to bring about the end of whole civilizations. It isn't the guard of the underworld for nothing :D

DJ
--
 
Not only does it eat little children; it awakens primal fears in men as the road crumbles beneath it, and in its wake lies thunderstorms, earthquakes, floods and famine. It has been known to bring about the end of whole civilizations. It isn't the guard of the underworld for nothing :D

DJ
--

I predict on December 23rd, 2012, a few nutty guys take a few of these for a spin...

Anyway, in terms of Veyron slaying, that Speed 12 has nothing on the Veyron on acceleration, but has much, much more cornering ability on tracks such as the High Speed Ring or Daytona. I have yet found a setup for my Vayron to beat my Speed 12's Daytona practice time of 38.447.
 
Add a wing and better suspension and the car handles almost like a race car. I'd recommend adding the supercharger as well.
 
Add a wing and better suspension and the car handles almost like a race car. I'd recommend adding the supercharger as well.

What race cars do you drive? And in what game? :lol:
 
Add a wing and better suspension and the car handles almost like a race car. I'd recommend adding the supercharger as well.

On personal preference, adding a wing (And too much down force) to the rear of the Speed 12 gave it too much of an understeer (Heavy) feel to the car, even with full down force to the front too.

For me, the best aerodynamic setup has been:

35F/30R
 
On personal preference, adding a wing (And too much down force) to the rear of the Speed 12 gave it too much of an understeer (Heavy) feel to the car, even with full down force to the front too.

For me, the best aerodynamic setup has been:

35F/30R

I concur. The Speed 12 needs as much front downforce and least rear downforce as possible, in order to help relieve understeer.
 
Tyger
Nice post Dave A, very informative. There are clips on youtube of that red one, the only one on the road, and it was (as a previous poster stated) indeed auctioned on eBay a few years ago.

I have a photo somewhere of a show model, I think it was from the Birmingham motor show and was in reflex spice or similar, will scan and upload if anyone is interested.

Regarding the concept version in a few pics above and in GT2, i'm not sure the road version (the purple one) ever existed at all? I googled a while back and could only find models of it, although clearly there was some sort of racing version. I guess I should look that up again, though the later "Cerbera" version looks way better IMHO

Not sure anyone mentioned yet, but the eventual engine was effectively two Cerbera Speed Six engines bolted together. That's always gonna be fireworks...

Oh and let's find the best paint chip match for the red one =)

Terry, great info there including Poppins and Dave, great.👍 👍

And also here's more Speed 12 trivia, did you guys know that TVR developed two types of 7.7L V12 for the Speed 12? One had 1000hp snd the other was 950hp, the two broke TVR's dyno machines twice.. TWICE!!! :nervous:, that's why Peter and the other engineers of TVR developed the V12 for 800hp road version and 750hp for racing duties.

Hope you guys like the info. Props! ;)👍
 
I won this car from my Lvl 21 ticket (saved on USB :)
I drove this car, stock, with racing tires, around like the wind, and toyed with the default settings, until I was determined to come in 1st, and I did a few times:)

I softened the front end almost completely, to around 12kg spring, and stiffened the rear to around 17 kg, ( I have no idea I just winged it), set dampers to 2, camber to ridiculous -4.5 on the front, left it at -1.5 at the back, drove "like the wind" to catch 2nd place, and drifted his behind to come in 1st, with less than .01 split for victory on a few occasions.

I knew this car felt like it was riding on train rails, and would warp the track, before it would ever oversteer, so this is why I felt to abuse the rear end, and added another 75kg ballast to the rear (less 10 points of limit)

I found that adding the supercharger later on, made the AI go faster, and no so much me. Didn't try the high turbo,. yet. didn't install custom suspension either, yet.

Then I added a custom tranny , toyed with the final gear, and 5th gear ratio. to achieve a ridiculous drift of 425 km/h with no time to slow down!

I can corner the track at 305 km/hr and hope for some wind! Serious business indeed! I'm glad I had a chance to try this car.

Slow in , fast out , indeed
 
Last edited:
Took it out on nurb last night and it almost killed me..will try taming it again later..it felt so heavy and cornering was hard.
 
On personal preference, adding a wing (And too much down force) to the rear of the Speed 12 gave it too much of an understeer (Heavy) feel to the car, even with full down force to the front too.

For me, the best aerodynamic setup has been:

35F/30R

Set it up for oversteer (ignoring the rear wing to start with) then dial it back by adding more rear downforce. Suspension is just as important as downforce, the rear toe can make a world of difference.
 
The Veyron will only have the Speed 12 from a stop, get them both rolling at about 60mph, put the Speed 12 in in 3rd or 4th and hit the gas and it beats the Veyron until the speed 12 hits its rev limiter in top.
 
Back