Cerbera Speed 12... serious business...

  • Thread starter Thread starter brambos
  • 133 comments
  • 20,647 views
I have yet to lose with mine, i've beat Minoltas, etc. It is a beast of a car. Like someone else said, if you can stop the tires from breaking loose it's a hard car to beat. It just pulls, and pulls and pulls.

It's roughly as fast as the Veyron. Ofcourse out the hole it's not as quick, but on the top end it can be just as fast. If you get it dialed in it'll be one of your new favorites. And the sound is GOD like. In real life anyway..
 
I would sell my left testicle even just to see a Speed 12 in real life, let alone drive one. How much does it cost in the UCD? I want it so bad but haven't seen it pop up yet

It was in the OCD not long ago, I bought a second to upgrade because I didn't want to change a thing on the one I had, but I wanted to see just how fast you can make them go... They cost somewhere between 200 and 300,000, which is a complete bargain given the Veyron's 2,000,000 price tag. I'd pay 300,000cr just for that engine note! I had my upgraded one in the redline at Grand Valley Speedway, it's just intoxicatingly amazing-sounding, so I tried to not brake for as long as possible. Bad idea, as 'as long as possible' in a simulator means 'never', because you won't die if you hit something at 230mph. Problem was the huge run-off at the first hairpin.
 
With this being a mostly British forum (I think), I'll probably get crucified for this :); but I've always thought the TVRs just looked...weird. It's something about their curves that just seems disjointed to me for some reason.

But the speed 12... it just looks plain bad-arse. One wicked, wicked car. 👍
 
With this being a mostly British forum (I think), I'll probably get crucified for this :); but I've always thought the TVRs just looked...weird. It's something about their curves that just seems disjointed to me for some reason.

As much as I love British sports cars, I have to agree with you. TVRs are not really that well designed. It really looks like there where 2 or 3 people on the design table, all with other input about the curves :S
 
With this being a mostly British forum (I think), I'll probably get crucified for this :); but I've always thought the TVRs just looked...weird. It's something about their curves that just seems disjointed to me for some reason.

But the speed 12... it just looks plain bad-arse. One wicked, wicked car. 👍

Well, that would be true of the later cars particularly from the (new) Tuscan onwards. Historically, most TVRs are pretty conventional-looking fibre-glass British sports cars.
The weirdness was almost certainly intended, since the cars (under Peter Wheeler) were meant to be more than a little bit barmy, if only to grab attention. The Speed 12 is probably the epitome of this attitude!

It's funny, though, as I often think that (US) American, low-volume production, specialty cars (or just American cars in general) look a bit... "odd". It's obviously a matter of conditioning.
 
TVR would propably have died quicker if it weren't their strange design... (i know there are plans to resurrect it but isn't that true of all little british marques) :(
 
TVR would propably have died quicker if it weren't their strange design... (i know there are plans to resurrect it but isn't that true of all little british marques) :(

I wasn't even aware that TVR is no more. I was under the assumption that it was owned by some rich Russian kid or something...
 
Yes... If I come across another one on the UCD I'm going to snatch it up, put a wing on it and paint it this color... 👍

Technically, the car would accurately be painted red or silver as these are the colors the car was painted when it was in the configuration shown in the game. This colorshift red/orange/yellow didn't appear until the car received bodywork and wings from the race car versions.
 
Well, that would be true of the later cars particularly from the (new) Tuscan onwards. Historically, most TVRs are pretty conventional-looking fibre-glass British sports cars.
The weirdness was almost certainly intended, since the cars (under Peter Wheeler) were meant to be more than a little bit barmy, if only to grab attention. The Speed 12 is probably the epitome of this attitude!

It's funny, though, as I often think that (US) American, low-volume production, specialty cars (or just American cars in general) look a bit... "odd". It's obviously a matter of conditioning.
You're right, the barmy styling was definitely intentional, to say that they're badly designed would be very wrong, some of them are amazingly well designed. They are certainly not everyone's cup of tea looks wise and mechanically but they're well designed.

I also agree with your second point, I find most American cars odd, I think it's because US cars tend to be more chunky and to us it looks out of proportion in some cases. It's whatever you're used to I guess.

TVR would propably have died quicker if it weren't their strange design... (i know there are plans to resurrect it but isn't that true of all little british marques) :(
TVR haven't died, they wen't through a re-structuring phase. They aren't manufacturing cars at the moment but they are developing a 630bhp Corvette powered model called the MD-1, if that's a project name that's due to change or not isn't known yet. The actual company TVR is still running and has been running on one form or another since Smolenski took it over from Wheeler.

I wasn't even aware that TVR is no more. I was under the assumption that it was owned by some rich Russian kid or something...
It is, it's owned by a lad called Nikolai Smolenski and has been for a while. The factory in Blackpool closed and manufacturing has stopped temporarily but he's working on a new model as said above and I think production will re-start early next year. If this re-structuring move has done any good is yet to be seen, but I still wish Al Melling was able to take the company over a few years ago and he would have kept the Blackpool site open. But he was refused the grant he needed and the opportunity passed him by.
 
Off topic: I wish they had the Battle Axe of Blackpool in GT5. The TVR Sagaris. Love love this cars looks. They have the less visceral, tamer looking cousin in the game so don't know why they didn't do the Sagaris. As a premium of course.

+1 👍👍

was hoping to find the Sagaris on GT5 as well...

As for the Speed 12, which I won (random ticket prize I think) when used stock with a rear wing and soft sports tyres this is an absolute demon on the Daytona Oval... yet to try it with inferior tyres or on other circuits but will get on that soon enough... should make some interesting pics in the replay photo mode :scared:
 
I hope it's true that TVR will continue on, but reading the wikipedia article it seems to have some more serious problems than just restructuring...
 
With this being a mostly British forum (I think), I'll probably get crucified for this :); but I've always thought the TVRs just looked...weird. It's something about their curves that just seems disjointed to me for some reason.

But the speed 12... it just looks plain bad-arse. One wicked, wicked car. 👍

I'll agree with that, although I think they definitely got the Sagaris right 👍 Looks even better in the flesh

TVR_SAGARIS_Wallpaper_kwnfp.jpg
 
I hope it's true that TVR will continue on, but reading the wikipedia article it seems to have some more serious problems than just restructuring...

even if they did continue, it would very much be a different company and I doubt they would make cars like they did in Blackpool 👎
 
Here's a couple of quick snaps of my Lime Green Metallic Speed 12 @ Indy. 👍
A pity it is not Premium model....:grumpy:

picture.php


picture.php


picture.php


:)
 
that looks SICK green,the Incredible Hulks daily driver
 
I always loved it as a car to mess around with, but found it horrible to race with. The thing is a monster.
 
I have found the car difficult to drive due to chronic understeer. Brambos gave me my first one (thank you kind sir!) and the second one I bought in the UCD. Installed a massive wing on the first one and experienced the understeer. Thought I ruined it until i drove the second one (completely stock) and it too understeers.. Tinkered with setup alittle but to no avail. Must probably need to make drastic changes.

You guys experience the same thing?

Terry
 
Car is pure comedy. All power, no finesse and more importantly no cornering ability.

You need to buy two, one fully tuned and one stock. Both are equally scary and drive like a eel having a fit.

Love it!
 
I have found the car difficult to drive due to chronic understeer. Brambos gave me my first one (thank you kind sir!) and the second one I bought in the UCD. Installed a massive wing on the first one and experienced the understeer. Thought I ruined it until i drove the second one (completely stock) and it too understeers.. Tinkered with setup alittle but to no avail. Must probably need to make drastic changes.

You guys experience the same thing?

Terry

Car is pure comedy. All power, no finesse and more importantly no cornering ability.

You need to buy two, one fully tuned and one stock. Both are equally scary and drive like a eel having a fit.

Love it!

Sorry, but I disagree.

My Speed 12 (I have many, but the one I use the most is....) is standard power and weight, but with custom suspension, custom LSD, aero and SPORTS soft tyres.

Play around with the setup, aero and LSD and she'll corner fine (considering it's a TVR - they are notorious for NOT going round corners, plus in real life this was possibly the worst handling car ever).

Utilising the ballast glitch / cheat - whatever you want too call it, can also help as this car (in real life anyway) had so much weight at the front and so little at the back - the opposite of the Yellowbird. Play around with weight going to the rear and she'll handle, grip, turn surprisingly well.

IMO too well, in real life this car was a nightmare, even in the British GT championship when the car was on slicks, it was still a pig. I think Polyphony has been a bit generous with the way it feels.

At the end of the day the reason why TVR never sold it to the public - it was just far too dangerous and just would not 'handle', enough said.
 
Awesome car indeed, I have 2 of them in my 2nd account, waiting for PSN to drive them in my 1st. At the moment I'm having fun with the RM Speed 6

TVR rocks
 
Fast acceleration at higher speeds and cool looks. That's all this car has going for it. It might get you some trades too. I managed to relieve the understeer but it's still there somewhat. Why does a lightweight FR car like this understeer so much?
 
After seeing this car in the UCD and OCD several times but passing it up due to the mediocrity of other TVRs, I decided to pick one up for the heck of it.

Only 60km on the clock, so as good as new. Slapped on some racing hards and took it to Monza for the heck of it.

GAWD!! That car is scary! It feels heavy, but it just goes and goes and goes :scared: And the sound!! Once you floor the pedal it's like a thing from a Tolkien novel... like all the powers of Mordor forged into a car :crazy:
Every time you change gear, it sounds like someone bangs the gears into place with a sledgehammer.

Took it to La Sarthe to race against a bunch of nimble GT500 JGTC cars and utterly destroyed them. I think this is the craziest road going car in the game - certainly beats the Veyron.

If you see this car, buy it! Most fun you can get for 250k credits!

Yep, that's soooo true my friend! I seen it once before, didn't have the cash though :grumpy:, but when I see it again.... The Ring here we come! :D:tup:


Bought it and taken in to the ring for a test ride.
It was the scariest thing so far in the game. :sick:
Amazing machine. It feels heavier than it is tho.

You my friend have just experienced the true beast!!!:sick:👍 :D:tup:
 
Just got this thing today, it costs quite over 200 grand which is a lot of money, however, the amount of oomph per credit you get in this thing is phenomenal. :eek:

Took it to the nordschleife and it just spun out at the slightly more enthusiastic throttle application, took it to the Top gear test track and I felt that it just has too much engine and too few of pretty much everything else. It's a demon. Incredible car. :D
 
The heavy feeling might be because of the heavy v12 in the front of otherwise light car. Want's to blow through the corners...
 
This is my new drag car!

The HP is incredible.
 
After reading this thread, I looked in my garage. And, there in the back corner was a dusty Speed 12.

I put in a suspension, LSD, and added a supercharger.

Spent a little time setting it up and WOW! What a great car. It's as fast around many of the tracks as my Viper ACR. I think it's a little easier to drive than the Viper too.

I painted mine Atomic Orange (Corvette color). And, I put a wing on it too.

Many thanks to the OP for piquing my interest in this car.
 
Someone needs to post a decent set-up for this car, If I remember correctly I tuned it to actually go round corners on GT4.

I've barely used mine, which is a shame because I enjoy the TVR's on GT5
 
Wasn't it written in one of the Gran Turismo sequels that another reason it didn't go into production is because it could eat small children through that gigantic grill opening? I remember reading that somewhere.

After reading that, it was forever deemd the most villainous car in the series.
 
Back