Cerbera Speed 12... serious business...

  • Thread starter Thread starter brambos
  • 133 comments
  • 20,647 views
When I drove this car for the first time in GT4 it literally scared me. I didn't touch the car for a week or two after I drove it for the first time. :lol:

I did pick it up as soon as possible in GT5 though. I LOVE IT!!! This car is incredible!
 
I really wish this car was Premium, that's the only thing keeping me from buying it:(

Imagine driving it in the rain on slicks:crazy:

You're missing out on a lot of great cars...

How GT5 represent physics of this car? I've heard it's a monster car to drive and in FM3 it's actually very easy. I mean how it feels? Alive or not? :)

The car was a monster. That's the biggest reason it never made past the concept stage.

TVR decided that it was incapable of being a road car, and that rich guys with more money than brains would kill themselves if the car was put into production.
 
You're missing out on a lot of great cars...



The car was a monster. That's the biggest reason it never made past the concept stage.

TVR decided that it was incapable of being a road car, and that rich guys with more money than brains would kill themselves if the car was put into production.

Reminds me F50GT in FM2 - almost undriveable but fun as hell! I'll try it when I only get my PSX back :sly:
 
Feels heavy?

It's the same weight as a Mini Cooper S!
 
You're missing out on a lot of great cars...


The car was a monster. That's the biggest reason it never made past the concept stage.

TVR decided that it was incapable of being a road car, and that rich guys with more money than brains would kill themselves if the car was put into production.

I do collect standards then and now, but don't usually drive them (I prefer cockpit view). Have yet to see the Speed 12 in the UCD.

They should've just sold the car to a few selected drivers IMO, it could've been the fastest FR on the road.

Oh well, we can still dream...
 
TVR decided that it was incapable of being a road car, and that rich guys with more money than brains would kill themselves if the car was put into production.

True, but only half the story, they also made it to enter in the GT1 class races, but they changed the rules before they could enter it meaning it was binned for that too! Shame really, I mean its it weights 1000kg meaning its a mind bending 800bhp per tonne (now you take into consideration the Veryon which is about 600bhp per tonne.
 
there was only one ever made and a handful of racecars, i seen it for sale a few years ago on the net, no price was listed, it originally had 1000+ bhp, but tuned down for the road car, it was deemed to powerful for public use so the production was shelfed at 1

how it looks today
397959.jpg
 
there was only one ever made and a handful of racecars, i seen it for sale a few years ago on the net, no price was listed, it originally had 1000+ bhp, but tuned down for the road car, it was deemed to powerful for public use so the production was shelfed at 1

how it looks today
397959.jpg

I think that one is the ONLY road going and used example at the moment.
 
The original Speed 12 (i.e. before it was made a sub-model in the Cerbera "range") did see some track action. They were de-tuned to meet the regulations, mind you, and I think they had some (occasional) success. Both the road car and the race version (as a race-mod) were available in GT2, then the Cerbera version appeared in GT3 - I think.

speed12-22.jpg


The one on Top Gear (actually, I think it was some generic Jezza DVD / VHS. EDIT: it was "Jeremy Clarkson Unleashed on Cars") was the original, race-oriented prototype.

EDIT: The Cerbera version was borne out of improvements to the original, that actually made it more suitable for race use.
launch-09.jpg
 
Last edited:
When I drove this car for the first time in GT4 it literally scared me. I didn't touch the car for a week or two after I drove it for the first time. :lol:

I did pick it up as soon as possible in GT5 though. I LOVE IT!!! This car is incredible!

I find it be much more controllable in GT5 than it was in GT4. It's still a beast, but in GT4 it was damn near undriveable.
 
1025 bhp fully tuned
1031 kg fully reduced
The result is lots of smoke and a buggati beater
 
I bought one of these recently and took it to Monza. To be honest I thought it was a horrible car to drive, but I didn't tune it in any way. I'll give it a little tinker under the bonnet and see what happens...
 
I bought one of these recently and took it to Monza. To be honest I thought it was a horrible car to drive, but I didn't tune it in any way. I'll give it a little tinker under the bonnet and see what happens...

That's the last place where it needs a tinker... :)
 
Understeer? More like go ass-end into the wall whenever you went wide-open throttle under 200 mph.

I'm pretty sure it had quite bad understeer through a few corners.
 
I'm pretty sure it had quite bad understeer through a few corners.

It did, like most cars in GT4. It retains that quality in GT5, but far less severe, and so is not as bipolar as it was in GT4. It's actually almost driveable with a sensible right foot - a complete blast!
 
That's the last place where it needs a tinker... :)

I wasn't being literal. I just meant reducing the weight, changing tyres etc.
 
Driving the Speed 12 is like trying to drive a steam locomotive without rails... it just want to go in one direction at a rather alarming rate.
 
gotta have a really good tune for the car. crank the rear downforce and launch in 3rd gear against a fully tuned veyron and watch the veyron eat your smoke for 300 feet of solid black rubber before your gone and pulling even harder
 
I think this car is the most wild and outrageous car in the game. Ya the Bugatti has more power, but its AWD and weights about 500 KG more, so its more tameable than this beast. The Speed 12 is just scary. Also, I can't help but feel like its priced way too low for a level 21 car.
 
It was supposed to be sold for around 200-300k pounds so it is pretty accurate, it should be double though seeing as credits are pretty much american currency.

The Speed 12 is my favourite car in the game and always will be. You need to have near stock suspension settings with a tiny bit of tweaking to get it to handle good, due to it having almost 70% of the weight over the front wheels.
 
It was supposed to be sold for around 200-300k pounds so it is pretty accurate, it should be double though seeing as credits are pretty much american currency.

The Speed 12 is my favourite car in the game and always will be. You need to have near stock suspension settings with a tiny bit of tweaking to get it to handle good, due to it having almost 70% of the weight over the front wheels.

Uh, I think the in game currency is closest to the US dollar, so 300k pounds is like 500K USD. Not to mention that the Speed 12 is a prototype, and essentially a track car like the Zonda R. It probably should have been valued around 1.5 million.
 
That is what I said, it is closest to the US dollar but the REAL tvr speed 12 that peter wheeler was going to sell to the general public, which is the one thats in the game, was supposed to sell for 200-300k pounds.

So yes, it should cost around 500-600 in the game. Not 1.5 million though. Maybe the Race Version which had 200 less HP if it was in game would cost that much.

Another thing, you cant even Compare the Speed 12 to the Zonda because the Zonda is a full on race car while the TVR was a road car, the TVR Race Car if it was in game like I said would be another story.
 
I tuned my TVR to 1024hp and i will say you can barely control this beast. But top speed wise the Veyron still is on top.
 
That is what I said, it is closest to the US dollar but the REAL tvr speed 12 that peter wheeler was going to sell to the general public, which is the one thats in the game, was supposed to sell for 200-300k pounds.

So yes, it should cost around 500-600 in the game. Not 1.5 million though. Maybe the Race Version which had 200 less HP if it was in game would cost that much.

I think a full street version might cost half a million, but the Speed 12 in the game like I said is a track car. You can see structure bars in side, and the downforce is too much for a regular street car. I doubt a car like this in real life would see for less than a million.
 
I think a full street version might cost half a million, but the Speed 12 in the game like I said is a track car. You can see structure bars in side, and the downforce is too much for a regular street car. I doubt a car like this in real life would see for less than a million.

If you didnt read what I said, that the TVR in the game was supposed to sell for 300k pounds in real life, and it IS the full street version of the Speed 12 Prototype race car. Get your facts straight.

Im not trying to bitch you out or argue with you, Im just saying what I know for fact to be truth. Look it up.
 
If you didnt read what I said, that the TVR in the game was supposed to sell for 300k pounds in real life, and it IS the full street version of the Speed 12 Prototype race car. get your facts straight.

Do you have the description on you? I read a while ago, and from what I remember, I thought it said it was a prototype, not a production version.
 
Now this threqad has convinced me to find a Speed 12 to see what's all the fuss about!
 
Back