Chameleon's Photomode gallary - Nope! (01/04/15)

• Thread starter Aphelion
  • 164 comments
Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Chameleon9000
Well, i finally decided to make a gallery. the main reason being; i'm pretty sure I'm just spamming up all of the other threads :lol:. But anyway, a little introduction.

I am a fourteen year old kid from QLD Australia who hasn't accomplished anything in life that inst related to school. Hobbies? Errr... watching TopGear? does that count? Oh and photo taking/editing. I guess that works! Oh and I'm really bad with my punctuation!

And that about sums up my life. :cheers:

But anyway, here are some of my pictures. I'm not an A-class editor or anything, but i do try to edit some times, because my school laptop came with Photoshop CS6 (god knows why :confused:). I will probably separate my edit attempts from what i call Semi-edits, which are just stock photos that i have altered to look as they did on the PS3 (i hate the quality depletion that occurs when you transfer from the PS3 to the computer!:banghead::D)

And also, i guess ill do the ol' @leeislee and give descriptions of my edits or something... just something to do i guess!

But anyway, i think ill start off with a 'Best of Chameleon' type thing, so here we go!

OR at least i would, but my broke my screen and am currently using a 'hotswap'. I guess ill edit this post once I retrieve all my pics! I only have one that i think is worthy of this section here at the moment :irked: :)

Note: i will update this post in the future, but only with what i think are my best shots!

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_3 MK9.jpg

Try to imagine yourself in this situation. All you can hear is the continuous, hypnotic drum of rain on glass, and the low growl of your engine. You know your rivals are somewhere, but visibility is low, and you can barely see 20 meters ahead.

I quite like the tone's of this picture. The cold, harsh light of the headlamps hitting the rain ahead is just nice and calming to me. I love the rain!

- EDIT -

For this one, i basically added more sunset. You can see the effect. :P
- EDIT -

This edit took me quite a damn while to complete. Its a panorama, and all i really did was enhance brighten the lights and add glow to them, but it took quite a considerable amount of polishing!

- EDIT -

There is nothing stronger than the allure of the heavens, and in this photo i tried my hardest to capture that allure in one photo. Not that that's in any way possible, but one can try!

- EDIT -
Aventado - Within the Forest.jpg

There aren't many thing more bad-ass than a glossy, black, smoking Aventador. How to make that more bad-ass? Make it blacker.

I will be adding more to this post soon. stay tuned, and thanks for watching!​

Last edited:
Ok, This is an example of a Semi-edit. These will be either quick projects (as in 30 mins or so), or they will be slightly edited to mimic the quality of the PS3. This particular one is a quick edit:
Trial Mountain Circuit_2.jpg

Just a simple re-toning plus a lens flare, nothing complicated.

Will post an example of a PS3 quality mimic when i get my hard-drive back!​

Here are some examples of un-edited pics. I'm not sure if i will end up posting many of these, simply because part of taking photos is slightly editing them to make them look as good as possible, and as stock as possible. Its part of the fun i guess
Circuit de la Sarthe 2005_2.jpg
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_5.jpg
Syracuse - Night_2.jpg
Trial Mountain Circuit_26.jpg

As you can see, without a touch-up, they are never overly special. These few are examples of pictures that i will probably end up touching-up anyway, or maybe even a full edit. Stay tuned for that!​

Here are the slightly edited versions of the last few. Hope you like them!

- Semi-Edit -
Circuit de la Sarthe 2005_2.jpg

- Semi-Edit -
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_5.jpg
- Full Edit -
Syracuse - Night_2 MK2.jpg

- Semi-Edit -
Trial Mountain Circuit_26.jpg

Feed-back will be greatly appreciated, if anyone can be bothered! :cheers:

Oh and also, I do purposefully leave the GT watermark in most of the time. Seems like a nice thing to do. ;)

Last edited:
Great to see you've opened a gallery mate :)

The Supra shot is very interesting, the work on light / shadows is very clever and impressive and the atmosphere is excellent. In my opinion the bokeh effect is maybe a little bit too strong but that not very important. Maybe you could have added some projections to enhance the final result also. But that's a great shot, bravo !

I like the way you have edited the Aston shot but I think the shot is taken too close from the car.

Anyway : welcome here and great job mate !

The Supra shot is very interesting, the work on light / shadows is very clever and impressive and the atmosphere is excellent. In my opinion the bokeh effect is maybe a little bit too strong but that not very important. Maybe you could have added some projections to enhance the final result also. But that's a great shot, bravo !

I like the way you have edited the Aston shot but I think the shot is taken too close from the car.

OK thanks for the input! And thank you so much for telling me the name of the 'Bohke' effect! before now, i had absolutely no idea! I actually noticed the same thing myself though; it seems that i accidentally changed it at some point and didn't notice, because it wasn't like that before. oops! ill fix that when i get the .psd file back! :dunce: Thanks so much!

But what do you mean by Aston shot? i haven't posted a picture of an Aston martin... :odd:

Nice start, I am in love with the Supra shot. the editing work is superb.

As Kodje already stated, the Maserati is a little bit too close, but besides from that it is very good.

The other photos are overall VERY nice, the only thing I would criticise is that the back lights ov the evora are too intense, I think you'll need more Gauss on that layer. The rain in front of the 86 headlights looks very good thou.

Nice start, I am in love with the Supra shot. the editing work is superb.

As Kodje already stated, the Maserati is a little bit too close, but besides from that it is very good.

The other photos are overall VERY nice, the only thing I would criticise is that the back lights ov the evora are too intense, I think you'll need more Gauss on that layer. The rain in front of the 86 headlights looks very good thou.
Thanks!

(oh and its an elise :P)

Took your advice and toned down the main offenders.​
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_3 MK9.jpg

Any better?​

The new Toyota edit is better ! 👍 Bravo :)
Really love the first Evora shot, very nice composition and the HDR is not too strong and that's a good thing :) Maybe you can clean the sky to get it even better :)

The new Toyota edit is better ! 👍 Bravo :)
Really love the first Evora shot, very nice composition and the HDR is not too strong and that's a good thing :) Maybe you can clean the sky to get it even better :)
Yeah im not sure what happened to the sky, and everything that i do to fix it seems to just turn it grey instead of fixing it. this is the best i could do...
Evora-Bathurst MKChameleon3.jpg

Oh well! Will post more new pics soon. stay tuned! and thanks for the feedback!

An Actual Update!!!!!

So i kind of realized that posting one picture at a time is not the best idea. I love making these things, in fact if i have little to do i will just edit photos for 6 hours. Recently however, being a fourteen year old, i was distracted by a new game for a while, and honestly I still am. But Now i have a few more pics to show you, as i have retrieved part of my hardrive, and i have also been just making new ones! So this update doesn't really have a specific theme, except maybe warm colours.:lol: Constructive criticism is as always greatly appreciated! Enjoy!

- Edit -
Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg

- Edit -
Autumn Ring - Mini_14.jpg

- Edit -
Autumn Ring - Mini_36.jpg

- Semi-Edit -
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_22-Recovered.jpg

- Edit -
Circuito de Madrid_10.jpg

- HDR Semi-Edit -
Fast in, fast out.jpg

- Edit -
Ferrari 250 GTO bathurst 2.jpg

- Edit -
Matterhorn Dristelen _10.jpg

- Edit -
Red Bull Ring_19_3 - final 2.jpg

Thanks for watching!

And Here is a couple of bonus shots!

- EDIT -
14874775659_d2356b2b15_o.jpg

Original Photo by @GT5Redsucker23 and edited by me! If you havent already check out his gallery! (feels kind of weird to give a shout-out to someone who is undoubtedly better than me! :boggled: But hey, I think its a nice thing to do!)

And one last one

- EDIT -
458 Spitting flames.jpg

i have experimented allot recently with adding exhaust flare, and i just cant do it! This is the absolute best i have been able to do, and its not exactly great. Does anyone have hints and tips for this? It would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for watching!

Oh hey! I just noticed that I spelled gallery 'gallary' in the title. You know what, I'm gonna leave it like that as a tome to this sentence;
...Oh and I'm really bad with my spelling and punctuation! (post No.1)

Don't say i didn't warn you! :rolleyes: :lol:

But anyway, i also just updated my OP with a couple more 'Best Of Chameleon' shots, but there are still more to come! :cool:

Last edited:
You got a few nice shots in here. Liking the feel and mood of the rain edit of the Castrol Supra. And I also quite like the Evora images, the HDR ones in particular are done quite well for HDR, not over done at all. 👍

Very interessing pictures! The Supra is very well edited, I bet you've worked on it for quite a long time. There are a couple photos where the car is too close and where the lightning looks a bit funny like in the Evora and Lambo pics, but I hope I see more work from you :D

Great photo's once again @Chameleon9000! :)

GPR
You got a few nice shots in here. Liking the feel and mood of the rain edit of the Castrol Supra. And I also quite like the Evora images, the HDR ones in particular are done quite well for HDR, not over done at all. 👍

Very interessing pictures! The Supra is very well edited, I bet you've worked on it for quite a long time. There are a couple photos where the car is too close and where the lightning looks a bit funny like in the Evora and Lambo pics, but I hope I see more work from you :D

Thanks you guys. its greatly appreciated! And please bear in mind that im still very much a 'noob' at this. allot of the pictures from that last update were quite old, but i am working on my editing and searching fro something i am particularly good at. in fact, GPR is taking time out of his schedule to write me a little tutorial on editing. Stay tuned!

Here's a little preview on a new set i'm working on. unfortunately, it would appear that converting the picture to a .jpg has lowered the quality quite measurably. hmmm. does anyone know how to prevent that? in the mean time...
458 - Dirty 2.jpg

Please, zoom in on the 458's grill. that's where most of the work went!

EDIT: did my absolute best to remove most of the more prominent jaggies. Hope you like!​

Last edited:
OK new set time! and a new technique too! Oh i do love it when things go to plan!
458 - Red.jpg

- Red -

Aventador - Black.jpg

- Black -

458 - Dirty.jpg

- Dirty -

Aventador - Contrast.jpg

- Contrast -

(note: half the car is in shadow, half in light, hence contrast)
458 - Close and personal.jpg

- Glowing Detail -

Aventado - Within the Forest.jpg

- Within the Forest -

Enjoy!

is that enough pictures for a set though? I'm really not sure! But these pictures did take me quite a while to do, so I'm not sure. I did what you told me @GPR and experimented, and this came out i guess! Thank's for watching, stay tuned!

EDIT: Oh and i almost forgot! (in fact i did forget for about 8 hours) Please leave constructive criticism! i always love comments!​

Last edited:
Back