Chances of Porsche in GT6

Paid Porsche DLC

• Total voters
What are the chances that we see Porsche in GT6?

I read somewhere that Porsche's exclusivity license with EA expired, hence why they are now in Forza, so why not in GT6? Hell, why not DLC for GT5?

Lets not forget about the Pagani Huayra

Zero because I highly doubt that Microsoft will be willing to sublicense PD with Porsche. They are rivals, remember?

I won't be angry if they add Porshe in GT6, but would love to see more Porsche tuners not only the RUF.

But the thing is that RUF is not a tuner, which is the reason why it can be in the game without a Porsche license.

Zero because I highly doubt that Microsoft will be willing to sublicense PD with Porsche. They are rivals, remember?
MS is not EA or Porsche.

Than everyone will hate Microsoft like they did with EA. Microsoft will have a change of heart and give them a sub-licence, but will purposely cost them a lot to get it. :sly:

Well, tomorrow Porsche becomes completely a volkswagen group brand and with the full change of ownership I believe that can be possible in future, not to mention that kaz is on excellent terms with VW:)

Well, tomorrow Porsche becomes completely a volkswagen group brand and with the full change of ownership I believe that can be possible in future, not to mention that kaz is on excellent terms with VW:)

hmmmmm, good point

This/thread. Also, RUF(ROOF) is it's own independent german automaker, they are not a tuner. Also yellow bird is god, that is all.

Even if they did get the Porsche license, they probably wouldn't use it to it's full potential. They certainly didn't represent Ferrari all that well, most models in GT5 are quite modern, with just the F40, 512BB and 330 P4 to represent Ferrari's rich history.

550 Spyder? 917? 956? 1973 Carrera RS? Too obscure for Kaz, in fact I'm led to believe he's just a GT40 guy. :lol:

Even if they did get the Porsche license, they probably wouldn't use it to it's full potential. They certainly didn't represent Ferrari all that well, most models in GT5 are quite modern, with just the F40, 512BB and 330 P4 to represent Ferrari's rich history.

550 Spyder? 917? 956? 1973 Carrera RS? Too obscure for Kaz, in fact I'm led to believe he's just a GT40 guy. :lol:
In his defense Kaz does own a hand full of Porsche's.

I think that Ferrari and Lambo limited the selection of cars that Kaz could put in the game. I mean that the Lambo selection wasn't pretty either, and they make better super cars than Ferrari on a consistent basis. Sure, Lambo doesn't have the rich history compared to Ferrari, or even Ford or Chevy for that matter, but that still doesn't excuse the fact that the car selection from Lambo and Ferrari was poor, but part of the blame rests on the manufacturers themselves for creating the problem.

I think that Ferrari and Lambo limited the selection of cars that Kaz could put in the game. I mean that the Lambo selection wasn't pretty either, and they make better super cars than Ferrari on a consistent basis. Sure, Lambo doesn't have the rich history compared to Ferrari, or even Ford or Chevy for that matter, but that still doesn't excuse the fact that the car selection from Lambo and Ferrari was poor, but part of the blame rests on the manufacturers themselves for creating the problem.

So, the reason I'm not 4 wheel drifting a 1957 Testarossa in GT5 right now is because Ferrari didn't want it to be in GT5?

Doesn't make sense to me, so I guess it's true. :D

About Ferrari, I'm sure it's not up to PD to make the car inclusion selections all on their own. GT is marketing for Ferrari, so Ferrari will want a say as part of the licensing agreement. They, Ferrari, will want gamers to drive their cars that are new (458) and impressive (Enzo). It's free a advert to have cars like the 458 in GT, older models not so much. Ferrari wouldn't exactly push to have an old 166 or 250, that would be clobbered by modern hot hatches, in GT6.

Grand Prix

I think he's more of a Skyline guy.. I mean there's like 600 versions of the same car in one game.. Talk about obsession. :lol:

About Ferrari, I'm sure it's not up to PD to make the car inclusion selections all on their own. GT is marketing for Ferrari, so Ferrari will want a say as part of the licensing agreement. They, Ferrari, will want gamers to drive their cars that are new (458) and impressive (Enzo). It's free a advert to have cars like the 458 in GT, older models not so much. Ferrari wouldn't exactly push to have an old 166 or 250, that would be clobbered by modern hot hatches, in GT6.

Well, GT is not exactly unique for having everyday cars that can destroy older racecars. A certain other game also has quite a variety of older Ferraris (and older Porsches) that could be beaten by such cars.

So, it's just as I thought. PD could have chosen to include both older and modern Ferraris in their game, but chose to include mostly just modern ones (to appease the manufacturers). Because the older ones are too obscure.

We likely won't see any historic Porsches at all in GT6 then. :lol: Using conventional logic at least. :sly:

Well, GT is not exactly unique for having everyday cars that can destroy older racecars. A certain other game also has quite a variety of older Ferraris (and older Porsches) that could be beaten by such cars.

So, it's just as I thought. PD could have chosen to include both older and modern Ferraris in their game, but chose to include mostly just modern ones (to appease the manufacturers). Because the older ones are too obscure.

We likely won't see any historic Porsches at all in GT6 then. :lol: Using conventional logic at least. :sly:
Unfortunately, the number of cars that are selected to be modeled for GT6 will probably be very limited. In a (more) perfect world, there would be tons of old Ferraris in GT6 (and Porsche if it were licensed), but in reality, they (PD/Ferrari) have to be selective. The other certain game may have had more "Ferrari car slots", so to speak, to fill and probably had most of the new Ferrari models in that game as well. GT6 may not have the ability or luxury to insert older Ferraris until after all of the "more important" cars, from Ferrari and other brands, are accounted for, and by that point it may be too late.

But I'm sure there will be some. Certain, high profile, high performance, historic cars do help the image of the brand and are attractive to fans, so both PD and Ferrari would want cars like that in the game. Cars like the 330 P4 and the F40 fit the bill here. Ferrari wants to advertize the new, but it also wants to present their long storied history to push their image and such cars will do just that. Unfortunately, spots are limited for this role, so slightly less famous cars (but still impressive cars, such as the 250 GT SWB, 275 GTB, 500 Superfast, etc.) are longshots for GT6.

In the unlikely scenario that PD do get a Porsche license, I think we would see the same with Porsche. We would probably get some of the more famous historic racers, such as the 917, 935 and/or 962, but we wouldn't get many, if any, cars like the 90Xs. Which is a shame, many of the less famous racing models were impressive machines that lacked luck or circumstance. The 908 is a perfect example. The car was a demon on tight twisty tracks and won the Targa Florio twice. But even though it came within meters of winning Le Mans, the losers aren't remembered. The car became completely overshadowed by the high-speed numbers and Le Mans victories of the 917. But I digress.

While it's not possible to fill the game with all those race cars, I am highly curious why there aren't some premium RUF's in GT. RUF CTR Yellowbird, RUF RT12, RGT-8, RUF CTR 3 for example. It would be enough for most players, certainly not for Porsche diehard fans.

Because I can't imagine it would be all that easy to get a hold of a Ruf, like it would be a Porsche.

Honestly when I think of the GT Series I think of RUF & vice-versa so while I'm all for Porsche coming in I'm more then content with RUF.

Not to mention that if I had the money I'd probaly buy a RUF or other "3rd Party" Porsche before I'd buy an actual Porsche.

VW now owns Porsche. I think the chances of seeing Porsche in GT6 are up, regardless of how microscopic.

That doesn't have any influence on an existing contract between Porsche and EA. They might not extend it (whenever it runs out), but until then, VW would be legal successor and therefore bound to uphold the terms of their contract.

Why does people seem hellbent on getting crappy handling cars into the game?
In the same way that you think Porsches are bad handling cars (have you even driven one outside your gaming world? :lol:), many people would like a chance to have a go in their dream cars in the virtual world.

Back