Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo REVEALED!

• Thread starter ZedMan1996
  • 996 comments
Would it be far-fetched to think if this could be a completely new VGT to come out the blue under the Chevrolet marque instead of under GM Design.

Given GT6 have promoted Corvettes very well since the game came out.

I'm thinking it might be something like this, but more Corvette'y...

2itg67o.jpg

Well this is quite surprising. Just how many VGTs cars are we going to get? Are all of the recently teased VGT cars going to all be part of the next update? Or are they going to come in seperate updates?

Is this going to be a triple whammy? It just needs one more VGT to beat the Aston Martin & Nissan double whammy. Some have been speculating the Alpine coming very soon but then the game files suggest that Alfa Romeo is coming next, even though they have disappeared from the GT website except the game files.

The old teaser really looks generic. I literally see the Isuzu 4200R on that :D

My god, why didn't I think of that, you're right! :odd: It looks like a 4200R with a taller roof. Mind you, that's not saying much, since that old teaser has barely anything to sink your teeth into; the new one forgets the roof bit anyway. Or maybe the old teaser was also showing a different thing, rather than a side profile... :boggled:

I am so confused... Is that the helmet on the right? I can see I visor. But why is it bolted to that bar and into the car?

Good news is that it might be an open racer. If that's the case, then it will be the second complete VGT. And the best part is that it's a Chevrolet, so you can expect a real engine in there, like a blown V8.

I wasn't expecting another VGT announcement. Awesome! And given all the recent rumors on a new MR Corvette, it wouldn't surprise me if this is the concept car that they'll give us.
Although it's hard to make much out of the teaser, I don't think it's a roadster yet, as I don't believe that's a helmet we're looking at.

I'm not confident, but it looks to me like that's a driver's helmet, and it's being supported with aerodynamic low-drag efficiency, and also supported by rods to allow the turning of the driver's head, yet still be connected with the aerodynamic low-drag efficiency, kind of like a damn futuristic F1 car or LMP spider car, where behind the driver's heads they have a great big low-drag fin to account for the helmet.

You can also see the yellow visor (maybe) so it could also be a new outfit.

So from that speculation I just made, it also must be a spider, and what should it represent when it comes to enclosed spiders? The old Corvette Racer of course.

Oh well now I just sound like a loon, just what I think.

1899350_10152890311517238_4904875849836469901_o.jpg

The thing that is weird with the photo is assuming that is a helmet with the yellow part being a visor. The bolt for connecting the visor to the helmet it is on the side. If this was a back shot of the car looking forward you wouldn't be able to see it. Which makes me think this is a side shot of a car. However if that's true there really isn't much of a front since you can see the car just drop off on the right.

This is really difficult to figure out. It would be easy to look at the direction the fin is pointed at and instantly know, but it could be the opposite.

Last edited:
The thing that is weird with the photo is assuming that is a helmet with the yellow part being a visor. The bolt for connecting the visor to the helmet it is on the side. If this was a back shot of the car looking forward you wouldn't be able to see it. Which makes me think this is a side shot of a car. However if that's true there really isn't much of a front since you can see the car just drop off on the right.

Looks like the driver might be lying down head first? Is that why the rear half of the helmet looks so strange?

I'll repeat my post from news item here for any comment.

Cor! Vette is this?
If it's a modern take on that classic stingray it'll be the business...
However, before everyone gets carried away even if it is revealed this week that doesn't guarantee it's in the November patch. One of the VGTs (the vw?) was revealed and then took a few weeks to arrive. This looks like it might be worth the wait though.

I'm not saying it won't be in November patch I'm just saying the ONLY official confirmation for November release was the M4 content. The other cars have been revealed/teased but not officially confirmed unless I've missed something.

Also, for those saying there will be 3 VGTs this month, in my opinion it is more likely 2 at most (like with Nissan and Aston). Although we've seen that Alpine design on the tweet, that was a sketch not a gt6 pic so I think that car is not necessarily going to appear quickly. There is no way to know one way or the other, but IF they've only just finished the final design for the car, PD will still need to model it in GT6.

I'll repeat my post from news item here for any comment.

Cor! Vette is this?
If it's a modern take on that classic stingray it'll be the business...
However, before everyone gets carried away even if it is revealed this week that doesn't guarantee it's in the November patch. One of the VGTs (the vw?) was revealed and then took a few weeks to arrive. This looks like it might be worth the wait though.

I'm not saying it won't be in November patch I'm just saying the ONLY official confirmation for November release was the M4 content. The other cars have been revealed/teased but not officially confirmed unless I've missed something.

Also, for those saying there will be 3 VGTs this month, in my opinion it is more likely 2 at most (like with Nissan and Aston). Although we've seen that Alpine design on the tweet, that was a sketch not a gt6 pic so I think that car is not necessarily going to appear quickly. There is no way to know one way or the other, but IF they've only just finished the final design for the car, PD will still need to model it in GT6.
No guarantee that the final design of the Alpine was only recently finalized and sent out to PD to model, they might have done it months ago as far as we know. But as you say, IF.

It can't be "the" update since the M4 pace Car is in for sure.

It is a turn of phrase @SSQES
By "the" update dimassa means they think this update will be much more substantial/significant in comparison with others.

k0F5u3Z.jpg

A stingray logo with wheels added? I'm not going to apologise for the bad art.

Much better than my art :lol:
A nice idea but you seem to have just drawn a pod racer from episode 1 :D

k0F5u3Z.jpg

A stingray logo with wheels added? I'm not going to apologise for the bad art.

You totally should apologize for the bad art... I kid, I kid, no problem. ;)

Jokes aside, that might not totally far fetched. If the front end dips downwards as others suggested, it could be a front similar to your idea. But I don't bet on the rear being that thin; maybe a bit thinner than the front, but it won't be a toothpick.

Can anyone tell the location of the photo from the reflections? Looks like it's inside a hangar or something but nothing in GT6 rings a bell. Hopefully it's a clue to some new track or photomode location content which we'll be getting. Also, this is up on the GT website now, so unlike the Alpine VGTwe'll be getting this one sooner rather than later.

Where's the obligatory vague promo video? GM must have caught PD on the hop. Still time before the LA Motorshow for another VGT announcement. Hopefully another North American marque will make their VGT contribution.

Can anyone tell the location of the photo from the reflections? Looks like it's inside a hangar or something but nothing in GT6 rings a bell. Hopefully it's a clue to some new track or photomode location content which we'll be getting. Also, this is up on the GT website now, so unlike the Alpine VGTwe'll be getting this one sooner rather than later.

Where's the obligatory vague promo video? GM must have caught PD on the hop. Still time before the LA Motorshow for another VGT announcement. Hopefully another North American marque will make their VGT contribution.

The location is similar to the Aston Martin VGT teaser.

AstonDP100-1.jpg

Been trying to work that out myself.

1st thought with the trusses and (what looks like) large windows was of the GT5 hangar location.
Even checked it out too, and some of it works well, but hard to nail it down.
The other place I thought of is GT Arena.
Again sort of works, but maybe not.

Really tough to work out this image.
What seems to be a helmet on the right hand side (and I think it may be mainly chrome with everything a reflection) just has so many issues.
Line of sight looks tight.
Hard edge just inches from face.
Reading dials must be tough.
That stabilizing/ restraining bar is strange.
Can't make out the logo on the red badge.
What's that yellow button?
And even steering looks awkward, and it would seem the wheel is out of view of the driver which would be weird.
And yet that yellow section is almost undeniably a visor.

i1Iyw56R0xrjcz.jpg

pizap_com14156461824821.jpg

It's like a big flexible tube that's connected onto the to the back of the helmet to cut air resistance. Only explanation I can think of.
This part I mean:
tPOxSHK.jpg

Some kind of protection or aero for the back and shoulders but with a bit of flexibility, hopefully the driver has a dashboard display for peripheral vision!

The helmet only has a full protective shell on the front facing parts with the rest protected by the tube. Unless I'm seeing this differently to everyone else?

Last edited:
Back