Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo REVEALED!

• Thread starter ZedMan1996
  • 996 comments
Strange indeed.
I've given up on it now.
There's clearly trusses in the reflections, and I could really only think of possible photo locations that might suit.
The problem for us mere mortals is that Bob is never in the car at photo locations.
So if it's therefore a track, my best guess was GT Arena.

And apart from the helmet looking like a helmet (even if it does look weird), the only other thing I found that looked remotely familiar was by turning the image 90 degrees anti-clockwise and ignoring what's in the wheel arch. :lol:

rsz_corvette_vision.jpg

Mmmmm this is my idea, what do you think?? It seems to be 3/4 view

The problem I have with this is how low this "driver" is. He would basically be seeing nothing but the body panel that's only few centimeters from his face. And restraining the driver's head to the body of the car is not the best idea. But from this angle, that structure does looks like a helmet although I still don't believe it is. And like Aussie_HSV said, these cars are not usually presented with the driver inside. Also, the shape of the fin could indicate the front of the car is to the left of the picture, putting this driver backwards. But that's just my opinion on this teaser.

Besides, they called it Corvette so it must be visually similar to a Corvette. That's mainly why I don't believe the car is as radical as the Nike One for example. Based on the first sketch (in the game) and this teaser I'd say it's some kind of MR Vette. I guess I'll wait for more info because I can't make figure out anything concrete from this picture.

Been trying to work that out myself.

1st thought with the trusses and (what looks like) large windows was of the GT5 hangar location.
Even checked it out too, and some of it works well, but hard to nail it down.
The other place I thought of is GT Arena.
Again sort of works, but maybe not.

Really tough to work out this image.
What seems to be a helmet on the right hand side (and I think it may be mainly chrome with everything a reflection) just has so many issues.
Line of sight looks tight.
Hard edge just inches from face.
Reading dials must be tough.
That stabilizing/ restraining bar is strange.
Can't make out the logo on the red badge.
What's that yellow button?
And even steering looks awkward, and it would seem the wheel is out of view of the driver which would be weird.
And yet that yellow section is almost undeniably a visor.

i1Iyw56R0xrjcz.jpg

pizap_com14156461824821.jpg

Say, instruments could be HUD on the visor.

Has anyone thought that the picture just might be a collage of different angles/views of the car and not necessarily just one photo at an odd angle or with photo effects. 💡 If that's already been discussed and I missed it, then just disregard this meaningless post. :dunce:

The more I look at it, the weirder it gets xD

At first it seemed clear to me to be a futuristic version of the car JER_CREST just above posted (and some others that hinted at).. But now I'm not sure anymore...
I do hope it'll be something not based on a real life car, but either a) a (racing) car that could be done irl, or b) something totally different that doesn't go the conventional way of 4 wheels on each corner and the driver somewere in the middle of it... Something like the Nike 2022 or the concept Beat the Beat drew :)

Maybe they're using a fish eye lense effect with the camera very close to the car. 3/4 works when you think of it in those terms. 👍
That logic seemed to work after i thought about it...:eek:

"A few days" as in "a few years"? Sweet! I can wait! :sly:

In the past seven days we've had the announcement of PD recruiting a wide variety of staff members, the M4 safety car coming to GT6, Gran Turismo sponsoring Pikes Peak, a teaser of the Subaru VIZIV VGT, the awarding of the GT trophy to a Camaro touring car, and a teaser of the Corvette VGT. In terms of communications PD's busiest week yet perhaps.

In term of announcements i would say :D Communication is a bit different for me :P

So I kept staring at the pic and I this is my contribution to the "collage" theory. 💡
corvette-vision-gran-turismo-638x259.jpg

To clarify, by cockpit I mean that entire area above the red box which is possibly a whole other screenshot. I'm thinking that this will be like an LMP2 car with a "Formula car" driver setup. I also highlighted that ghostly image in the background in red as I'm thinking that's a fender.

Worldcarfans are suggesting debut at the LA auto show.

The countdown to the Los Angeles Auto Show continues as Chevrolet has announced plans to introduce the Corvette Vision Gran Turismo concept at the annual event.

Little is known about the car itself but the teaser image suggests it will feature a unique design that bears little resemblance to the production model. It's kind of hard to determine what the image is showing but we can see Chevrolet badging, rounded surfaces and a vertical fin.

As with other Vision Gran Turismo concepts, the Corvette concept will eventually become available in Gran Turismo 6 as part of a future update.

Source: Chevrolet and Gran-Turismo

One more guess :)View attachment 254320

I think the "round" shapes are inspired in this:

Interesting theory; if I am correct, you are implying that the teaser is showing the rear of the car. If that is the case (feel free to correct me if I am wrong ;)), I think you forgot to take the helmet into consideration. That's the problem with your theory; again, if I am wrong, don't be afraid to clarify.

Interesting theory; if I am correct, you are implying that the teaser is showing the rear of the car. If that is the case (feel free to correct me if I am wrong ;)), I think you forgot to take the helmet into consideration. That's the problem with your theory; again, if I am wrong, don't be afraid to clarify.

I don't think it's a helmet :) That is also a hint.

I don't think it's a helmet :) That is also a hint.

Curious answer you just gave. You might be right, it's just that I find it really difficult to think of "that" as anything other than a helmet. :confused: What do you think it might be?

And I'll tell you all: if this car was a Gotham villain, it would be the Riddler; this is one giant car-shaped riddle that is trickier than a Rubix Cube on top of a 5000-piece puzzle...

I kinda have to agree, I also am not too sure its a helmet either. I thought so before, but there's too many things about it that seem to suggest otherwise.

@Niku Driver HC

Can you share a photo of any type of helmet that looks like that? :)

I don't think I know what is it. I just saw another car "shape" in the rest of the image and the part that people are saying is a helmet...well I don't think it looks like one :)

@Niku Driver HC

Can you share a photo of any type of helmet that looks like that? :)

I don't think I know what is it. I just saw another car "shape" in the rest of the image and the part that people are saying is a helmet...well I don't think it looks like one :)

Well, I couldn't find a helmet exactly like the "one" in the picture; I was thinking it would be something like this:

bell-gt-5-tour-white-rt-wfullshld-bg.jpg

But I couldn't find any helmet so far that has a yellow visor like the one in the teaser. I do have doubts whether the thing is really a helmet mainly because of its position: Even if it is a concept car, I don't think that the driver should be that close to the dials; if the driver crashed he would just be sent flying through the air. Or his head would be smashed into the dashboard...

I think @zzz_pt sketch is pretty good, a RR drivetrain, with the part everybody thinks is a helmet/visor being part of an exposed engine that has a unique heavy glass/plexiglass as part of the engine cover (just past the cylinders to show off perhaps the cams and timing chain.. because the black part behind it sure looks like your average black Chevy LS engine cover. Also that connecting rod looks like the same type of shock used in racecars to further reduce engine movement and vibration..

I have no idea what that yellowish 'part' is, but I've been thinking the whole time if it was a visor we have our first LEGO face hiding underneath a helmet.. :P.. so ya this could be a 'world's first' engine design using a heavy glass bubble and the entire engine being designed to be 'element proof'. Call me craazzzzy.

I think if I look closely at it for long enough I will see an elephant or something lol

My current guess is that the pic is at 90 degrees such that the right hand side of the pic is actually the top and the bit that looks like a helmet would then be the top of the wheel arch. I also think we are looking from the back of the car to the front so therefore the Chevrolet badge would, on this basis, be half way up the back of the wheel arch.

However ..... That fin sticking out at the top of the pic would be sticking out of the left wheel arch at about 45 degrees which doesn't make sense if my guess was correct.

I haven't yet seen any theory which satisfactorily explains all the components of the picture in my opinion.

Latest Posts

Back