Chase Cam is Ruining GT7 for Me

• Thread starter hunter328
  • 155 comments
The people who get motion sickness to me have a much better argument than those simply saying "I don't like it and want the old one"
If the Gt Sport camera was the default there wouldn't be anywhere as much complaints. Anyway, the mental gymnastics to defend a **** chase cam have been going on since GT5. If we stopped to baby PD about all the issues their game have, maybe they'd do something.

I remember on the GT Sport Beta we had a camera similar to Forza with full rotation

Screenshot_20220330-203758.jpg

Irc it was removed because some players said very loudly that it was trash 🤷

It's too bad because I liked it 😐

Last edited:
I remember on the GT Sport Beta we had a camera similar to Forza with full rotation

View attachment 1131410

It wasn't "trash". The problem with it was that the rotation with the stick was very sensitive. Too responsive to the thumb movement. It almost gave motion sickness.
PD should have just used some "input lag" like T10 did with FM or simply reduce the sensitivity.

But I'm sure they got rid of it because of the good ol' framerate issue.

Last edited:

View attachment 1131410

It's too bad because I liked it 😐
This should be sticked to the front page. Exactly what we need for the game. Every racing game has this except GT... They had it and removed it. I mean seriously???? Any other developer has no kind of problem to add this but PD ...

This should be sticked to the front page. Exactly what we need for the game. Every racing game has this except GT... They had it and removed it. I mean seriously???? Any other developer has no kind of problem to add this but PD ...
Didn't Kaz say he felt like it was cheating to have "look around" cam? Just throwing this out there, but Ace Combat 3 was the first game to have a rotatable camera that moved 360-degrees around the vehicle in order to see what is behind them or get a better view of the level.

Last edited:
It wasn't "trash". The problem with it was that the rotation with the stick was very sensitive. Too responsive to the thumb movement. It almost gave motion sickness.
PD should have just used some "input lag" like T10 did with FM or simply reduce the sensitivity.

But I'm sure they got rid of it because of the good ol' framerate issue.
According to anon they didn't get rid of it, just hid it away into a dev menu.

Thats what photomode/scapes are for. Its GT, not GTA.
Ah yes it's GT that's why it's not needed, but iRacing and all other hardcore sims and basicially every other racing game from ACC to PCars, Dirty Rally etc has it too ... all GTA like games !... smh

@AISUYU I haven't read that statement but if he said that it's utter none sense...

then driving on a roof and look back down from the roof is also cheating and you can even rotate the camera on the roof... so unrealistic!

Last edited:
PD implements it badly and then says " See ! Players don't like it !!", it's typical of them. Same with the brutal return to center in the cockpit cam. Anyway, I maintain that FM8 is going to clap PD so hard that they have no choice but finally listen to the players, or GT dies.

It's ridiculous that we have to tweet KAZ about it. He's probably one of the problems at PD to be honest..the devs just won't say no to him and we end up with an unfinished product, he looks like a stuborn guy to be honest. GT Sport was a great step forward, into the modern era of racing game after the PS3 debacle, and we end up with all these weird stuff in GT7 :indiff:.

Maybe a controversial opinion, but GT4 is still the GOAT to me, by far.

Last edited:
PD implements it badly and then says " See ! Players don't like it !!", it's typical of them. Same with the brutal return to center in the cockpit cam. Anyway, I maintain that FM8 is going to clap PD so hard that they have no choice but finally listen to the players, or GT dies.

It's ridiculous that we have to tweet KAZ about it. He's probably one of the problems at PD to be honest..the devs just won't say no to him and we end up with an unfinished product, he looks like a stuborn guy to be honest. GT Sport was a great step forward, into the modern era of racing game after the PS3 debacle, and we end up with all these weird stuff in GT7 :indiff:.

Maybe a controversial opinion, but GT4 is still the GOAT to me, by far.
it just baffles me how every other developer has no problem to implement that since PS2/PS3 era. It's such a simple little option which makes such a difference, but no...

And then there are also some people who defend it and say it's unrealistic or belongs to arcade games which makes me even more confused... because well any other sim has it too.

In that case you are just allowed to use a cockpit camera and that's it. Afterall it's a game and meant to be enjoyed in every possible way.

But yeah I guess Kaz plays a role in that regard. He does things as he wants it and not how the community wants it. There are no feedback forums or other contact possibilites for fans...

he once mentioned they get feedback from forums such as GTPlanet.

Last edited:
i was toying wit it. the far option resembles gt5 and 6 and the close option is closer than older gts. For a GT4 like camera it should be medium

Some cameras are weirdly placed that if you put the close view they are blocking your view completely. Like the Jeep Willy, it's undriveable in close chase view. Others like the Audi Quattro are so far away and high that it even looks in close mode that the car is followed by drone...

Last edited:
Some cameras are weirdly placed that if you put the close view they are blocking your view completely. Like the Jeep Willy, it's undriveable in close chase view. Others like the Audi Quattro are so far away and high that it even looks in close mode that the car is followed by drone...
yes it's another thing that I noticed too, the view is not homogeneous from one car to another . The referential for the view distance and height should be common (rear bumper for example), but in gt7 it looks like they have setted that on each cars individually and by a different staff... To be really comfortable, they should add new parameters such distance and height of the camera in order to let us correct when the camera is too low or too close/far.

Last edited:
yes it's another thing that I noticed too, the view is not homogeneous from one car to another . The referential for the view distance and height should be common (rear bumper for example), but in gt7 it looks like they have setted that on each cars individually and by a different staff... To be really comfortable, they should add new parameters such distance and height of the camera in order to let us correct when the camera is too low or too close/far.
that's right, same as the placements of the hood/roof camera, some cars use it on the roof others on the hood. But also the roof cams are often placed in weird positions. Some are right at the front of the windshield that you just see a part of the hood like on the Ferrari F430 or Lancer Evo X. Others are placed somewhere on the roof that you can see the front part of the roof and hood. Like the Alfa Romeo 8C or Toyota GT86. But these parameters already been set since GT5. The same views on the cars in GT7 now have been used on all the cars in GT5/GT6 aswell and haven't been touched since then. Like the awfully high floating camera above the Ferrari F40.

You should also check out the Nissan R32 hood/roof cam. It uses a wider FOV than all other cars increasing the sense of speed alot. this also have been like that since GT5.

Last edited:
Well I'd like to play the up to date game with a proper chase cam. PD could easily patch it for more dynamic and 360° rotation. But for some reason they seem not to care...

Last edited:
I play with a slight zoom on my tv (zoom custom mode) , a closer view gives much more sensation (the resolution of the game allows this very well on a 4k tv) . In addition the distance for many cars is not close enough for some, even with the closer possible choice setting (for my taste) . I have also noticed our problem of camera rigidity is substantially reduced (just a feeling) closer the view is. I really think their chase view lacks decidedly on almost all points, I know that's a pity to have to do this but I enjoy more like this ...

zoom.jpg

Last edited:
I play with a slight zoom on my tv (zoom custom mode) , a closer view gives much more sensation (the resolution of the game allows this very well on a 4k tv) . In addition the distance for many cars is not close enough for some, even with the closer possible choice setting (for my taste) . I have also noticed our problem of camera rigidity is substantially reduced (just a feeling) closer the view is. I really think their chase view lacks decidedly on almost all points, I know that's a pity to have to do this but I enjoy more like this ...

View attachment 1143335
After seeing more videos (not touching the game until it's getting better, especially since we can't start from scratch), it's like they tried to emulate the cameras of other racing games with some shaking, but of course they just failed to do so. The jumps on rally tracks look straight out of a mobile game. It was so much better in GTS, or even in GT3 lol

Why is it just not possible to set chase cam to zero, Wtf?! I can't play it, my head dizzy because of it. Played an hour and went back to GTS. Wasted money, they laugh in our face.

The zoom aspect of the TV isn't for me, it kills the sense of speed completely due to the really narrow FOV which is already narrow by default in the game.

What is really missing is the 360° camera rotation with the right analog stick, basic feature in any racing game and the chase cam option 0 from GT Sport

I also agree about the problems with jumps in the chase cam... you suddenly look towards the sky and the camera even goes underneath the track sometimes... I wonder how PD can mess up so much regarding chase cam...

Just look at, Assetto Corsa, PCars, Grid, iRacing, Forza Motorsport/Horizon, Dirt and what have you... they all have proper camera views.

Please PD fix it finally!!!

Back