Check out what appeared in the used car lot!

• Thread starter Rue
  • 375 comments
I can only afford one of R92-CP or Mazda 787-B ... which to get?

Depends what you want it for?

Just to look cool in the garage? Either is good.
Decimating competition? Nissan.
Possibly going for 200 A-spec point races? Mazda.

Overall the Mazda is probably the better car, easier to handle, better tyrewear and fuel-economy for the long endurance races and has the rotary-whine.

However, the Nissan is probably still more powerful even with black oil and will happily murder the competition in Infineon World Sports Car Race, Fuji 1000km and both Sarthe 24hr Races without any adjustments or oil changes. (Possibly needs a tyre swap to a harder compound though!)

thanks

well I did the cheap thing and copied my save game to another memory card so I could buy and test each one :)
I oil changed, refreshed chassis for each car

On the high speed ring it's no contest the R92-CP is amazing! It hit a higher top speed 350+ vs 310+, and was able to hold a 320+ speed on the long bank turned, where the 787b would just fly off :crazy:

Handling actually felt better with the DFGT

Mine popped up yesterday and thinking 7 million wasnt enough I sold some car's then went and bought three when I could have had all of them and not sold my old cars. Terrible. I need to wait to get the Nissan R390 Now.

I'd get the 787 approximately 110% of the time over the Nissan. I'm surprised that the minor deity Smallhorses gives the Nissan such a rap compared to the 787. I've got three sets of the Beauties (ie 12 cars) and rarely use any other than the 787. GT-ONE would be my second pick by far.

If I could have only (3) LM/Group C machines for the entire game, I would take the black 787B, the Pesky-Judd, and the Chap2J.

I like the black race cars. And it's almost time for the blacks to appear in my GT4! I'm on day 666 and I got 3.3 million in the old GT4 bank. I'm gonna save up to 4.5 million in time for the blacks to appear, so that way I can buy two. I'm planning to get the R92CP and GT-One.

Could someone suggest a way of skipping days in the calender quickly and easily? I've got the cash, I just need that used car lot to rotate to day 2094 and fast! ;)

Last edited:
They will eventually be back

Thanks for resurrecting a thread that'd been dead for over a year, to answer a question that'd already been answered on page 1, almost 7 years ago, some 18 pages and 370-odd posts later. :dopey:
Please take a little time to have a read through the threads first in future and take note of when the question you're answering was posed, then ask yourself if it's a) been answered before, and b) if your answer is worth posting.

:cheers:

Back