Check out what appeared in the used car lot!

• Thread starter Rue
  • 375 comments
Well they look like road cars because there's no numbers or decals (besides the company name) on the cars at all,and there was a project for a Toyota GT-One road car,its in GT2!

Yes - and a Nissan R390 GT1 road car. But the figures are very different, and all four of the black cars in GT4 are race cars.

Firstly, sorry for resurrecting an old post.

Secondly, I missed the 'Black Beauties' the first 2 times in thier cycle, I worked out that they should have re-appeared on day 2082, I am now on day 2086 and they are not there. Does anyone know why?

Sounds like you got that 2086 number by multiplying 694 times three.

It seems that more than one person has made this error.

The proper way to do it is to multiply 700 by the cycle number (in this case, three) to get the last day of the week (which in this case would be 2100) then subtract 6 to get the first day (in this case, 2094).

I have a li'l program that does this for me. I just give it the current game day and it gives me the week number and the day number within the week.

PAL Version - Days 694 till 700.
Toyota GT-One - Used Cars Late 90's - Cr2,994-and some change(almost 3mil)
Nissan R390 - Used Cars Late 90's - Same as GT-One
Nissan R92CP - Used Cars Early 90's - Cr1.224-and some change(to be safe Cr1,25mil)
Mazda 787B - Used Cars Early 90's - Same as R92CP

Got myself the GT-One, 787B and R92CP. Didn't have enough Cr for R390, but R92CP a better race car by far.

I just bought all four.

As a side note: The Nissan R92CP, the Mazda 787B, The GT-One and the Nissan R390 GT1 can all be fitted with sports tires. You know, just in case you really want to turn up the heat at the Sunday cup.

The Nissan R92CP, the Mazda 787B, The GT-One and the Nissan R390 GT1 can all be fitted with sports tires. You know, just in case you really want to turn up the heat at the Sunday cup.

LOL :dopey: 💡

Anyway, don't forget guys (and girls), if the black beauties are down on horsepower due to the fact that they are used in GT mode, they may be at full horsepower in arcade mode (which can sometimes be more fun than GT mode). And, you may not have to go into 2P mode and go to home garage to use them. Some of the cars I unlocked and have tuned in GT mode end up being unlocked in arcade mode (i.e. the Chevrolet Camaro LM Race Car). They just won't have your modifications you made to them in GT mode (which is sometimes a bummer. :grumpy:)

btw I'm pretty sure I've seen a pic of the GT-ONE in a grey colour somewhere in this forum. I'm not sure how this guy got it, but I will try to find the URL for the page it's on.

I originally thought that this was the black GT-ONE. BUT IT'S ****ING GREY!!!
:dunce:

Please do not double-post. Use the Edit button if you think of some more information to add.

Anyway, don't forget guys (and girls), if the black beauties are down on horsepower due to the fact that they are used in GT mode, they may be at full horsepower in arcade mode

Except they aren't available in Arcade Mode.

Some of the cars I unlocked and have tuned in GT mode end up being unlocked in arcade mode (i.e. the Chevrolet Camaro LM Race Car). They just won't have your modifications you made to them in GT mode (which is sometimes a bummer. :grumpy:)

Any car you buy or win in GT Mode (scarcely "unlocked") will appear in the roster for Arcade Mode, with the exceptions of the four black Group C/LMP cars, the black Formula GT car and one of the 2005 Ford GTs.

btw I'm pretty sure I've seen a pic of the GT-ONE in a grey colour somewhere in this forum. I'm not sure how this guy got it, but I will try to find the URL for the page it's on.

I originally thought that this was the black GT-ONE. BUT IT'S ****ING GREY!!!
:dunce:

And please cut back on that also - the asterisks are there, but your meaning is clear. Not acceptable here.

Have you thought that the grey colour may be a poorly-exposed picture, or a Photomode shot taken in greyscale?

Search suggests there are no other instances of "Arcade" in this thread. (I.e. other than the occurrences a few posts earlier).

So I will try to determine how the Black Beauties affect your Arcade Mode lineups, and report back. (Unless someone else can give the answer right away). I know that (without an enhancement program) you don't get the black cars in Arcade Mode, but...

Are all four cars available in Arcade Mode (in liveried versions) from the start?
Or does buying the black car make the liveried version available in Arcade Mode?
Or does buying a black beauty just plain not change what appears in Arcade Mode?

(I later confirmed Q1 "no" (for all), Q2 "yes". This would seem to disprove Q3, but Greycap thought of the caveat for someone who had acquired all four liveried cars. My garage has all four black beauties, but only a liveried R92CP and 787B. All four liveried cars are available in Arcade Mode (but no black counterparts). I started a game without a memory card at all ("Yes, I'm sure"), and none of the four cars were available in Arcade Mode).

Are all four cars available in Arcade Mode (in liveried versions) from the start?
Or does buying the black car make the liveried version available in Arcade Mode?
Or does buying a black beauty just plain not change what appears in Arcade Mode?
No.
Yes.
If you have the liveried ones already, correct.

Short but good. :P

Has anyone seen a black version during a race as an opponent? I didnt see it during a real race for money, just a track meet at the test course. The Black 787 was on hand.

Considering that the post was made in the start of 2005, I doubt you'll get an answer from him.

But a simple way to get max money is buy an Action Replay Max, do the max money cheat and you'll have over 4 quintillion dollars!! That's 4,000,000,000,000,000,000.

There has been a massive thread revival around here in the last days! This is desperating!!
:mad: :lol: Why don't people check out the stickies first, dammit?

You can tell it's school holidays somewhere in the world again when this happens C-L. ;) It recurs every few months, and keeps Famine, Daan and all the mod crew on their toes.....they're always on their toes like ballerinas anyway so nothing really changes, you just see a few extra locked threads. :sly:

There has been a massive thread revival around here in the last days! This is desperating!!
:mad: :lol: Why don't people check out the stickies first, dammit?

calm down! i didn't know!

Considering that the post was made in the start of 2005, I doubt you'll get an answer from him.

But a simple way to get max money is buy an Action Replay Max, do the max money cheat and you'll have over 4 quintillion dollars!! That's 4,000,000,000,000,000,000.

awesome!

but even with all that money, you can't buy every
car.

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome!

but even with all that money, you can't buy every
car.

Yes you can.
All the cars that are buyable can easily be bought with that amount of cash.
There are some that you have to win, but aside from those, you're sorted.
With a complete gamesave that has all cars unlocked, you could then trade the unobtainable cars easily as money is no object.

Oh, and please don't double post. Use the "Edit" button to add information to your previous post. ;)

Back