Check out what appeared in the used car lot!

• Thread starter Rue
  • 375 comments
<_Spike_>
Depends if you A or B spec it...if your cars fast enough in B-Spec, pitting every 3-5 laps isn't going to do it any harm. If it's a close race it will need to be easy on the tires. A-Spec...wouldn't know...not done it yet lol..
I think you misunderstand from both this thread and the other. I keep suggesting the 2D not only because it is the fastest car in the game for that much money, but also because you can leave it alone in the Nurburgring race for 15 minutes at a time, during which 45 minutes passed in the game.
Not only that, but the car can also win against the 2D the A.I. drives (in case you encounter him) in a stock car with oil. In that respect, it is not only a faster car than the two you suggested (Mazda RX-7 LM, JGTC Supra), but it is also better on tires and cheaper.

You must think I've not tried these cars or something, I have, and won by several laps. It's rarely caused me trouble to exit the race and get another lineup if the 2D appears. Both cars can also be left alone to do what they need to.

I don't disagree that the 2D is indeed a good choice for the race, but seeing as you don't have to spend money buying multiple sets of the same tyre to use in a race, tyre wear is hardly an issue if your car can destroy the field with the help of Bob.

Also whilst the 2D is cheaper then the Supra, it is not cheaper then the RX-7 LM race car;

Buy an MX-5
Tune it up a little
Win the Roadster Endurance
Fit a turbo stage 3 and R5 tyres on the RX-7

and the bill hardly reaches the 1.1mill credits that the 2D costs (that said if I remember correctly the 2D can be won as well, but not with a car as cheap as the MX-5..so therefore the RX-7 is cheaper)

Everyman to his own

That same Miata can be used to win the Nurburgring 4 hours endurance, which not only pays out more but also gives you the 2D, which can win the race without a turbo. :sly:

Fair enough then, I'll retract that statement for any scenario other then buying the 2D...though by experience I still stand by Supras and RX-7 LM Race Car as perfectly capable choices for B-Speccing the ring 24 hour

Huh?

What was that in relation to?

In any case, the cycle is 700 days for the Used Car garages, not 600, and the 4 black cars are available in the last week of each 700 day cycle:

Famine
On days 694-700 of every 700 day cycle.

694-700
1394-1400
2094-2100
2794-2800
3494-3500
4194-4200

(etc.)

gt4nerd - There isn't an R89CP...

The R92CP can be bought in black in the used car lists on days 694-700 of every 700 day cycle (as in the quote above).
The R89C cannot.

Fair enough then, I'll retract that statement for any scenario other then buying the 2D...though by experience I still stand by Supras and RX-7 LM Race Car as perfectly capable choices for B-Speccing the ring 24 hour

i used my minolta toyota for the nurb 24 hour i won from el capitain endurance which is way easier than the 4 hour roadster enduro :P

my B-spec Bob is racing his but off, in a Nissan 350z Fairlady or something, earning 400.000 credits per game day and a lot of days to go before day 694 :D , he's riding the 60 laps of uuhh... I only bought super hard tires for the car and sometimes he wins with 1lap ahead :D good enough for my.

now I wonder how much the cars cost in the pal-version? and how many will I be able to buy with 100.000.000 :D I'm sure atleast one :sly:

Exactly the same as the NTSC/UC version. The Asian NTSC versions have everything costing/earning 100 times as much.

yeah i notish just saw it;

it wil cost my 8,299,996Cr to buy all 4 off them, pff that means bob hasn't has to drive alot, only a few to go :D instead of a couple hundres :sly:
I could reach the 100.000.000 by the time the cars show up but that's not going to happen now :D it would take to much time, I just want to buy them :D

now I have to wait till they show up
and buy some other rare cars :D
I just downloaded the spreadsheet :D

It's just a collectors item form my, i will have plenty of cars i will never drive but a must have, and those black cars are for showing off :D

These beasties in all their carbon-ibred glory appeared just after I had completed 50% of the game in the used car lots; 90s A and 90s B. Now, if only I had the money!

You know, they aren't that good. I bought only 1 of them, because I was too stupid to check the car lots.:dunce: And it only has like 100 more hp. A total of about 800 hp. Which isn't really that much. But fully upgraded, it has about 1000 hp and I got it to go 325 mph.:bowdown: :cheers:

Oh, Lord, I really do think this thread should be locked before more stupidity leaks in.

And the Black cars are an essentially useless easter egg anyway, they are simply normal race cars without racing liveries, and heavily worn-out engines. No good for racing because they look rather out of place on a grid, no good for speed testing because they lack power, only useful as trophies which nobody will ever see anyway :P :lol:
I believe a home-made FAQ on this subject exists anyway.

DE

Yes, it appears again.

I think they're unique, and offers you a level of handicap "aka A-Spec points" when in a race. Of course, if you're hell bent on top speed, like DE and I are, then just buy the proper, colored one.

Hypnotoad
Nice contribution there 'Dark Elite'... :\

If you think the thread is stupid then why don't you just ignore it?
I was merely stating my distaste at the countlessly repeated questions and comments being made here, when we already have a thread somewhere - I must have a look for it and link here - with all the necessary information. I didn't at any point say the thread was/is stupid. People asking the same questions over and over when they were answered, in some cases on the same page, before is stupidity.

GT4_Rule
I think they're unique, and offers you a level of handicap "aka A-Spec points" when in a race. Of course, if you're hell bent on top speed, like DE and I are, then just buy the proper, colored one.
Indeed ;)

EDIT - A quick search threw this up. Unfortunately, it's not as accurate as I'd have liked (namely the Fastest Fully Tuned section, which is not referring to top speed but rather the pretty intangible laptimes) but it serves its purpose.

DE

Point taken DE, I must admit it is silly people keep asking.

Maybe the name of the thread should be changed to 'RE: Black Le Mans cars' then have it so the first post lists the dates they show, a short explanantion about how they're a bit slower and a polite 'Please do not ask about when these particular vehicles spawn' message??

Yes i meant the exact days.. i have had probably 1 cycle now (year 4 or 5) and am near february.. i would really like to know when the GT-One appears :)

Or is there anywhere where in the game where you can see how many days you have done?

Latest Posts

Back