Chevrolet Chaparral 2X VGT Super Lap: High Speed Ring

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 198 comments
Definitely much easier with the DS3 update now, I've just beaten my previous set wheel time by 2/10's with the sticks :eek: now on 43.282 @#465 and I think the 42's are on the cards if I clean up the S some more. :D

EDIT: 43.058 / #214 .. getting closer. :crazy:

Last edited:
I have to say, despite all the flak PD gets (and in some cases, deserves), it's good that they actually listened to the fans for once with this 2X\DS3 issue.

Because now the 2X drives the way it should be, it is far sharper and smoother than the stiff, understeering trainwreck it was pre-hotfix. DS3 players such as myself can really drive this car in anger without hitting all the outside walls. Of course, after a few laps, I also nailed the gold time, meaning that I managed to gold all three VGT time trials. I am really happy with the way the 2X has turned out, it's now the car it was always meant to be. :)

DS3 user here and never have too much trouble golding everything, but this took me 2 hours the other night to squeak by with a 45.979 I saw that they updated the handling for DS3 users and clicked off 3-4 low 44 second laps my first try. Car actually drives pretty decent with the new update and DS3.

Yeah, the handling changed, I got used to the old steering and it took me like 5 tries to get a clean lap :lol:

The same happened to me, as soon as I started the event I collided with the inside wall of the last corner and voided my lap because I corrected the steering too much. :lol:

yep update helped big time,turned ASM off and bam,improved by over a second,still more there but what i got will do.

edit: so i moved up some 12,000 places and finally got just under 44,i like this car now it can finally turn(DS3),well had my fun

Last edited:
I feel way better about myself posting a time of 43.6xx without ASM thanks to the hotfix... was still a badge of honour in a way to gold it before the fix as it was a challenge to do it, but it bothered me to use ASM all the same. DS3 user here as well. Happy Ho Ho to everyone!

Cheers

Decided to try this one more time now when the problem with the DS3 is fixed. After the first and probably the final session drove a 42.735, enough for 52nd place atm. Lost 0.150 in the s1, 0.150 in the s2 and 0.100 in the s3. With a perfect lap maybe I could do 42.5 but I already see it would take too much time (2,5hours today) to achieve that so I wont bother.

43.190 after trying too hard

I'm having trouble with the esses after the first sector, once I figure out the line and speeds I can easily get into the high 42's

Fortunately the hotfix helped lots of DS3 users for the Chaparral 2X.
0:42,725 with the DS3 and without driving aids (ABS: OFF) ;)

Last edited:
Finally managed gold with a 45.915 with DS3. Sadly this is the first seasonal in which I had to use driving aids.
Will also be the last time I drove this car. What a awful sounding piece of junk.

After hot fix could easily manage gold with no aids / only ABS 1 on DS3 with a 0:44,453.

But I really don't like it when PD changes anything at the car or physics during a time trail that is still live.
Same as the 550PP 4WD at Willow not too long ago when the Nissan Concept 2020 suddenly changed......:yuck:

Still think it is a awful sounding piece of junk only good to gather dust in my stock yard though.:D

So this basically confirms my suspicion. The car is very limited by the DS3.
However turning the ASM on helps with the understeering problem. My best time with the DS3 so far is 46.781.
Thanks for this - turned ASM on and ended up with a 45.893 after a few laps with a DS3. It works best to really commit to a corner, slow down, point the car in the right direction then just floor it.

I finally achieved my goal for this car...

utOEkpd.jpg

Done with DS3 with ABS 5... my best ever ranking!

Cheers

Back