Chevrolet Corvette CX/CX.R Vision Gran Turismo Revealed, Coming in August Update

  • Thread starter Thread starter Famine
  • 173 comments
  • 33,751 views
It looks like there is a video on the official GT channel now:


That panning shot across the old stringray to the concept car was chef's kiss
Bon Appetit Gourmet GIF by Studios 2016
 
I just don't like this trend with cars whose sides have been hollowed out.

Who started this?
 
Looks nice.

But an EV car and just left one slot for another one car in the next update, SUV I guess.
 
Last edited:
Ok, something I've noticed & that has me VERY excited: the CX.R is a hybrid, but the CX is pure electric. There was nothing stopping Chevrolet from making the CX.R pure electric like the CX (see the Jaguar VGT SV), so there must be a reason why it's a hybrid. And the first thing that came to mind were the two versions of the Audi VGT.

I think the CX.R VGT is in Group 1.
 
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 August Update Confirmed with Corvette Concepts​

After sneaking out a little bit ahead of the scheduled time, it’s now been confirmed that both the Chevrolet Corvette CX Concept and its racing twin CX.R Vision Gran Turismo will be arriving in Gran Turismo 7 later this month...
 
Last edited:
Cant wait to snap this beauty in photo mode froth!
 
With this corvette VGT, we are just MIA 4 of the original VGT cars announced in 2013
Speaking of which, does Gran Turismo 6 still show all those vacant spots in its menus for the cars that weren't released during its lifecycle? Maybe they should backport the Corvette, for completion's sake.
 
At least the electric CX's rims seem to be asymmetric the "right way", where the spokes point forward on both sides, instead of being "backwards" on the other side.

Hate the asymmetric look on other VGT's, with no way to swap the rims. Even Zagato lost swappable rims from GT6.
 
At least one interesting design!!!!!
And at least one with a motor (CX.R)
 
Just watched the video and I have to agree with @A_Higher_Place that last shot was awesome. Also any new Corvettes are always welcome. Now if they include a Midget or Az1 I would be really happy. Hopefully when the update drops they have the 59 concept available in the LCD that would make for great photos
 
kjb
Just watched the video and I have to agree with @A_Higher_Place that last shot was awesome. Also any new Corvettes are always welcome. Now if they include a Midget or Az1 I would be really happy. Hopefully when the update drops they have the 59 concept available in the LCD that would make for great photos
Corvette Weekly Challenge is go! ;)

I do wonder if this will rival the 787B in fuel mileage.
It is powered by a hybrid system utilising two electric motors up front and one motor in the rear, combined with a compact high revving V8 twin turbocharged engine (using E Fuel). This unit ensures driving performance and range required in endurance racing, plus incorporates a thrilling sound.
 
This is gonna be great cant wait to try out both cars in GT7!!! The GT video made the racer look and sound epic!!

Gran Turismo™ 7_20250815201057.webp
 
Last edited:
Back