Chevrolet Corvette CX/CX.R Vision Gran Turismo Revealed, Coming in August Update

  • Thread starter Thread starter Famine
  • 173 comments
  • 33,755 views
Maybe, but…
In fact, official Gran Turismo website still lists Nike Vision GT project as 'coming soon' with this picture attached! On top of that, they also lists 'Jordan' brand (which I think falls under Nike as well), in this case without any picture, so theoritically two new Nike VGT cars are in the works. That doesn't mean they couldn't reintroduce the GT4 car as well though.

i13g6c7Qi8C3ub.jpg
 
Last edited:
Monthly. Let’s also continue to ignore the Skyline and the Lancia.
Must. Keep. Narrative. Going.
I'm pretty sure we will see some highly requested cars in the next GT, but one point very important with these 2 additions is the "official" return of Corvette Racing for GT, and this give me hope to see an official Corvette C8.R coming (probably for GT8 of course)
 
Looks really cool.

But, I fear it'll end up like most other VGTs (at least by me): it'll be faster than hell but won't have the brakes to match; it'll be used for a little while (likely a TT) and then forgotten.
Hopefully, they won't drive like the Porsche Mission X.
But ultimately yeah, more than 2000hp will considerably limit their usage in the main singleplayer events.
 
I didn't see this coming at all. The only thing that stands out to me is the 2 LITRE TURBOCHARGED V8 that revs to 15,000 RPM in the CX.R. An all-electric Corvette is fine as a concept but I don't want it to be the future because electric hypercars are hard to sell. Even more "regular" electric cars such as the Charger EV are hard to sell, so GM CANNOT ditch the combustion engine.
Electrical grids cannot sustain a full electric society, with every house having to plug in their electric cars on top of everything that uses electricity, which would cause brown/black out.
The infrastructure cannot cope nor are there enough charging stations to replace gas/petrol stations.
I don't see ICE vehicles disappearing anytime soon.
 
Excluding the Gr.1/Gr.3 variants, and additional model variants (Jaguars, which are all the same car, Porsche Spyder etc), of VGTs where not presented separately, I have:

No Real-World Model (9)

Daihatsu Copen RJ VGT
Honda Sports VGT
Italdesign VGT*
Lexus LF-LC VGT*
MINI Clubman VGT
McLaren Ultimate VGT*
Peugeot L500R/L750R
Suzuki Vision GT
Volkswagen GTI Supersport VGT*

Scale Real-World Model (4)
Dodge Tomahawk VGT
Infiniti Concept VGT
Peugeot VGT
Skoda Vision GT

Full-Size Real-World Model (16)
Alpine VGT
Aston Martin DP-100 VGT
BMW VGT
Bulgari Aluminium VGT
Chaparral 2X VGT
Chevrolet Corvette CX.R VGT
Ferrari VGT
Hyundai N 2025 VGT
Jaguar VGT*
Lamborghini Lambo V12 VGT
Mazda LM55 VGT
Mercedes-AMG VGT
Mitsubishi Concept XR-PHEV VGT
Nissan Concept 2020 VGT
Porsche VGT
Subaru VIZIV GT VGT

Operational Vehicle (6)
Audi VGT
Bugatti VGT
Genesis X Gran Berlinetta VGT
IsoRivolta Zagato VGT*
Toyota FT-1 VGT*
Volkswagen GTI Roadster VGT

Of the asterisked models, the ItalDesign was based on its own Parcour concept but with differences, Lexus was a gussied-up version of a different Lexus LF-LC concept, the McLaren morphed into the real-world Solus, the VW Supersport was the Roadster with a roof, I don't think anyone saw the IsoRivolta move but it allegedly had a Callaway V8 in it, the Jaguar was presented as a full-size model in SV form only as far as I recall, and the FT-1 is more or less the FT-1 with digitally added wings.

But I think 22 (or 21 if you exclude the FT-1 VGT specifically) is your answer.

The 34 separate projects (35, but I'm squishing the VWs together) have produced - including all variants - 55 cars in total, with the Corvette being number 56.
I am counting again and again and I arrive at 35 original VGT projects (plus Nike One and GT by Citroën cars). I don't count alternative versions that were sometimes presented all at once (Alpine, SRT, Hyundai, McLaren, Peugeot 'L', Audi, Porsche, Italdesign) and sometimes after a longer time (Mercedes, VW, Jaguar, Genesis). Yes some VGTs are completely original designs while others are just bodykits for existing production cars or concepts, but the companies commited to the VGT projects either way and that counts. The most curious brand for me is Peugeot, which made two completely different projects and Fittipaldi, the only one that disappeared from the game due to licensing issues. And the biggest letdown is Ford - from GT6 times they are included in the 'coming soon' section, but still nothing materialised. Compare that with how swiftly Xiaomi is operating.
 
So 2000 horsepower is a lot.

I wonder if there are any power-rewarding road car races where the CX becomes the new fastest option over the Tomahawk S or the Ferrari VGT.
 
I am counting again and again and I arrive at 35 original VGT projects
That's the same number as in my post.

My list has the two VWs separated for the purposes of whether the cars have real models or not (Roadster yes, in operational form; Supersport no), but if squidged together and then the Fittipaldi is re-added we're back to 35 (and 56 individual vehicles, 57 including the Corvette) again.

Peugeot vexes me also. The second car was a virtual concept presented without GT branding months before it became a VGT. It's almost as bad as the Skoda in that aspect, though at least the Skoda had a real-world model even if it was a 1:8.
 
Well, it doesn't look bad but it's not something I'm excited about. I won't buy it unless it's required for weeklies but I'm sure I will win it sooner or later since I get VGTs from car tickets at a rate of ~90%.
 
So 2000 horsepower is a lot.

I wonder if there are any power-rewarding road car races where the CX becomes the new fastest option over the Tomahawk S or the Ferrari VGT.
Not to mention, both the CX and CX.R have fan car technology a la GMA T.50/T.50S Niki Lauda.
 
I hope that these two are not the only new car additions to the next update. If they were to also add the new C8 ZR1 I would be more than happy 😊
 
Sooner or later PD will have to add some tracks and other features to the game to complete with the new racing games coming out later this year or they will lose some player base.
 
Sooner or later PD will have to add some tracks and other features to the game to complete with the new racing games coming out later this year or they will lose some player base.
You'd think this, but the numbers really don't bear it out.

Despite the fact that they haven't added a Gr.3 track in over two years, and haven't added a Gr.3 car in over a year, participation numbers for Gr.3 daily races is higher in 2025 than it was in 2023 and 2024. And time trial numbers are still about as high as they've ever been too.
 
You'd think this, but the numbers really don't bear it out.

Despite the fact that they haven't added a Gr.3 track in over two years, and haven't added a Gr.3 car in over a year, participation numbers for Gr.3 daily races is higher in 2025 than it was in 2023 and 2024. And time trial numbers are still about as high as they've ever been too.
And those new games I'm talking about are still 2 or months away yet.
 
Last edited:
I am thinking about which major manufacturers/groups don't have Vision GT car yet and excluding chinese brands, the main suspects are Ford and Tesla, both included in 'coming soon' section.

Beside that, I miss Rolls-Royce in GT in general - especially in Legendary cars section, but Vision GT Rolls would be extraordinary for sure.

What Vision GTs would you want to see?
 
I am thinking about which major manufacturers/groups don't have Vision GT car yet and excluding chinese brands, the main suspects are Ford and Tesla, both included in 'coming soon' section.

Beside that, I miss Rolls-Royce in GT in general - especially in Legendary cars section, but Vision GT Rolls would be extraordinary for sure.

What Vision GTs would you want to see?
I think a VGT by Bentley would be nice. I mean the EXP 100 GT concept car pretty much looks like a VGT car already:

IMG_8269.webp
 
Last edited:
And those new games I'm talking about are still 2 or moths away yet.
If you talking about project motor racing. Its not going to compete with gt7
 
If you talking about project motor racing. Its not going to compete with gt7
Project Motor Racing, Rennsport, NASCAR 25, and Endurance Motorsports Series. All look promising with tracks, cars, and features not available in GT7.
 
Last edited:
Here's wishful thinking that WILL NEVER HAPPEN (UNFORTUNATELY)..........

If they were to add the C8 Z06 AND Road America or even Sebring!!!! With VGTs. Then throw in a C6 Z06, OR C8 GT3.

WHY don't we have Road America, didn't they photo and scan years ago?
 
I know this is wishful thinking but could this point to a Corvette themed update including the C8 Z06 GT3.R (The new ZR1 would be great too)?

View attachment 1472622
This is PD we're talking about. They have never done this and for the forceable future, never will do this.
Sooner or later PD will have to add some tracks and other features to the game to complete with the new racing games coming out later this year or they will lose some player base.

Just looking at the games you mentioned:

- Project Motor Racing is basically a Modern GTR2 game. Odds are if you already preferred anything from Bell & co over GT has EVER done, you were never playing GT7 anyway.

- NASCAR 25 does not in ANY way threaten GT because its a licensed NASCAR game. You're telling me there is no room for people to enjoy a solid Licensed NASCAR game on console alongside GT? Clearly I don't exist then since I've done that for a fair bit (same with the F1 games).

- Endurance Motorsport Series, while intriguing, is likely not gonna even come close to getting the kind of Numbers an actual new NASCAR game is will get (Especially when you realize its coming from an alliance effectively responsible for two of the three Golden Era NASCAR games). Its also not helped by the fact that it shares the same devs behind TDU Solar Crown sooo...I don't exactly have much faith in it (or fellow future Nacon Published game Rennsport) to make such an impact.

Point being, this keeps getting banged out everytime because Someone's favorite Supercar/Hypercar/GT3 Car isn't there already or isn't be added fast enough while "Useless" or "Unworthy" vehicles are being added and it never plays out like people keep thinking it will. The fact this franchise has outlived the likes of NFS, Forza Motorsport and Grid while STILL not being quick on the draw with shiny new cars is very telling.
 
Last edited:
This is PD we're talking about. They have never done this and for the forceable future, never will do this.


Just looking at the games you mentioned:

- Project Motor Racing is basically a Modern GTR2 game. Odds are if you already preferred anything from Bell & co over GT has EVER done, you were never playing GT7 anyway.

- NASCAR 25 does not in ANY way threaten GT because its a licensed NASCAR game. You're telling me there is no room for people to enjoy a solid Licensed NASCAR game on console alongside GT? Clearly I don't exist then since I've done that for a fair bit (same with the F1 games).

- Endurance Motorsport Series, while intriguing, is likely not gonna even come close to getting the kind of Numbers an actual new NASCAR game is will get (Especially when you realize its coming from an alliance effectively responsible for two of the three Golden Era NASCAR games). Its also not helped by the fact that it shares the same devs behind TDU Solar Crown sooo...I don't exactly have much faith in it (or fellow future Nacon Published game Rennsport) to make such an impact.

Point being, this keeps getting banged out everytime because Someone's favorite Supercar/Hypercar/GT3 Car isn't there already or isn't be added fast enough while "Useless" or "Unworthy" vehicles are being added and it never plays out like people keep thinking it will. The fact this franchise has outlived the likes of NFS, Forza Motorsport and Grid while STILL not being quick on the draw with shiny new cars is very telling.
Car and track selection alone will pull GT7 players away since GT7 is already over 3 years old. What I am saying is we need more cars, tracks, and features. Yes GT7 can hold it's own but if you are a first time racing game buyer say in November and for Christmas then a 3.5 year old GT7 might not win out. Don't get me wrong. I am a diehard Gran Turismo fan. Been hosting weekly races and leagues since GT5. Thats a lot of weeks. I remember an interview with KAZ way back in the GT6 days him saying they were not going to take anything away from future Gran Turismo release but just keep adding. That was a lie. So much has been taken away since GT5 and GT6.
 
Even if a bunch of new games being released took playerbase away from GT7... why does that matter? GT7 is several years old. The players will come back when GT8 comes out. I don't understand why people now consider a game to be a failure if it doesn't provide constant, eternal entertainment.
 
From LSR today, it's looking like another Tomahawk perhaps, If you can't see the leaderboard here, there's a 5:18 at Nordschleife, and I saw 262 mph at a glance on the speedo up the Dottinger Hohe.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4047.webp
    IMG_4047.webp
    203.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4081.webp
    IMG_4081.webp
    165.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4082.webp
    IMG_4082.webp
    143.7 KB · Views: 23
Car and track selection alone will pull GT7 players away since GT7 is already over 3 years old. What I am saying is we need more cars, tracks, and features. Yes GT7 can hold it's own but if you are a first time racing game buyer say in November and for Christmas then a 3.5 year old GT7 might not win out. Don't get me wrong. I am a diehard Gran Turismo fan. Been hosting weekly races and leagues since GT5. Thats a lot of weeks. I remember an interview with KAZ way back in the GT6 days him saying they were not going to take anything away from future Gran Turismo release but just keep adding. That was a lie. So much has been taken away since GT5 and GT6.
Can you please tell me which of these games allow me to race, customise and upgrade hundreds of road cars, ranging from classics to kei cars to trucks and vans to hot hatches to sports and supercars?

Oh, none of them? Yeah, I'll be sticking with the GT franchise then.
 
Back