Chevrolet Corvette CX/CX.R Vision Gran Turismo Revealed, Coming in August Update

  • Thread starter Thread starter Famine
  • 173 comments
  • 33,752 views
You realise this means you're gonna need another Integrale amendment now, don't you...? ;)
Im Not No Way GIF


I'm setting it down for good haha.
 
Looks really cool.

But, I fear it'll end up like most other VGTs (at least by me): it'll be faster than hell but won't have the brakes to match; it'll be used for a little while (likely a TT) and then forgotten.
 
So, how many real VGTs does this make?
Excluding the Gr.1/Gr.3 variants, and additional model variants (Jaguars, which are all the same car, Porsche Spyder etc), of VGTs where not presented separately, I have:

No Real-World Model (9)

Daihatsu Copen RJ VGT
Honda Sports VGT
Italdesign VGT*
Lexus LF-LC VGT*
MINI Clubman VGT
McLaren Ultimate VGT*
Peugeot L500R/L750R
Suzuki Vision GT
Volkswagen GTI Supersport VGT*

Scale Real-World Model (4)
Dodge Tomahawk VGT
Infiniti Concept VGT
Peugeot VGT
Skoda Vision GT

Full-Size Real-World Model (16)
Alpine VGT
Aston Martin DP-100 VGT
BMW VGT
Bulgari Aluminium VGT
Chaparral 2X VGT
Chevrolet Corvette CX.R VGT
Ferrari VGT
Hyundai N 2025 VGT
Jaguar VGT*
Lamborghini Lambo V12 VGT
Mazda LM55 VGT
Mercedes-AMG VGT
Mitsubishi Concept XR-PHEV VGT
Nissan Concept 2020 VGT
Porsche VGT
Subaru VIZIV GT VGT

Operational Vehicle (6)
Audi VGT
Bugatti VGT
Genesis X Gran Berlinetta VGT
IsoRivolta Zagato VGT*
Toyota FT-1 VGT*
Volkswagen GTI Roadster VGT

Of the asterisked models, the ItalDesign was based on its own Parcour concept but with differences, Lexus was a gussied-up version of a different Lexus LF-LC concept, the McLaren morphed into the real-world Solus, the VW Supersport was the Roadster with a roof, I don't think anyone saw the IsoRivolta move but it allegedly had a Callaway V8 in it, the Jaguar was presented as a full-size model in SV form only as far as I recall, and the FT-1 is more or less the FT-1 with digitally added wings.

But I think 22 (or 21 if you exclude the FT-1 VGT specifically) is your answer.

The 34 separate projects (35, but I'm squishing the VWs together) have produced - including all variants - 55 cars in total, with the Corvette being number 56.
 
Excluding the Gr.1/Gr.3 variants, and additional model variants (Jaguars, which are all the same car, Porsche Spyder etc), of VGTs where not presented separately, I have:

No Real-World Model (9)

Daihatsu Copen RJ VGT
Honda Sports VGT
Italdesign VGT*
Lexus LF-LC VGT*
MINI Clubman VGT
McLaren Ultimate VGT*
Peugeot L500R/L750R
Suzuki Vision GT
Volkswagen GTI Supersport VGT*

Scale Real-World Model (4)
Dodge Tomahawk VGT
Infiniti Concept VGT
Peugeot VGT
Skoda Vision GT

Full-Size Real-World Model (16)
Alpine VGT
Aston Martin DP-100 VGT
BMW VGT
Bulgari Aluminium VGT
Chaparral 2X VGT
Chevrolet Corvette CX.R VGT
Ferrari VGT
Hyundai N 2025 VGT
Jaguar VGT*
Lamborghini Lambo V12 VGT
Mazda LM55 VGT
Mercedes-AMG VGT
Mitsubishi Concept XR-PHEV VGT
Nissan Concept 2020 VGT
Porsche VGT
Subaru VIZIV GT VGT

Operational Vehicle (6)
Audi VGT
Bugatti VGT
Genesis X Gran Berlinetta VGT
IsoRivolta Zagato VGT*
Toyota FT-1 VGT*
Volkswagen GTI Roadster VGT

Of the asterisked models, the ItalDesign was based on its own Parcour concept but with differences, Lexus was a gussied-up version of a different Lexus LF-LC concept, the McLaren morphed into the real-world Solus, the VW Supersport was the Roadster with a roof, I don't think anyone saw the IsoRivolta move but it allegedly had a Callaway V8 in it, the Jaguar was presented as a full-size model in SV form only as far as I recall, and the FT-1 is more or less the FT-1 with digitally added wings.

But I think 22 (or 21 if you exclude the FT-1 VGT specifically) is your answer.

The 34 separate projects (35, but I'm squishing the VWs together) have produced - including all variants - 55 cars in total, with the Corvette being number 56.
Thank you. Yes, I was thinking about the Lexus VGT and wasn’t too sure it was real.
 
So does this car cross out the long awaited GM Design VGT?

Very keen with these two cars, but I can't help but feel they've just attached racing parts to an existing concept car and sell it as a VGT. It's a solution that screams 'not interested in participating'. I'd forgive that if years down the line a production model comes out from the same brand that carries a strong resemblance to the VGT, but I just learned about the Corvette CX Concept now so it doesn't sting so so bad. We had so many brand misopportunities in the GT6 era.
 
Last edited:
The CX is a fully electric Corvette with 4 electric motors(one at each wheel) producing 2,000 HP. The CX-R however, has three electric motors and a battery pack with a dual-overhead-cam, twin-turbocharged 2.0-liter V-8 that produces 900 HP and revs to 15,000 rpm, all-wheel drive, with a total output of 2,000 HP as well. GM even installed what it calls a Vacuum Fan System with built-in fans to help pull more air through the open-channel bodywork. The CX Concept skips a traditional center touchscreen entirely. Instead, the windshield itself serves as a massive head-up display, while all controls are integrated into the steering wheel itself.

 
Chevrolet are infamous for borrowing design elements of European exotics, mainly Ferrari. With the design of these concepts, especially the use of a fan to assist aerodynamics, I can't help but feel they've been looking at the Gordon Murray T.50 for inspiration here...
 
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 August Update Confirmed with Corvette Concepts​

After sneaking out a little bit ahead of the scheduled time, it’s now been confirmed that both the Chevrolet Corvette CX Concept and its racing twin CX.R Vision Gran Turismo will be arriving in Gran Turismo 7 later this month...
Lemme at em! Lemme at em!
Can't wait for this update, I especially like that one is and one isn't an EV, Gives variety.
 
Hopefully its not just vision gt that gets added, but it might be the case, i am just not intrested in vision gt cars.
 
I would love to see that CX.R be in Gr.1 or have a Gr.1 variant just so Dodge and Chevy can continue their rivalry in Gr.1 since Dodge has Gr.1 covered with the Tomahawk.

1755320095022.webp
 
Honestly that's the first VGT design that I actually like. They've done a really good job, looks like a futuristic version of a regular C8 ZR1.

I'm looking forward to driving it in the game!
 
Chevrolet are infamous for borrowing design elements of European exotics, mainly Ferrari. With the design of these concepts, especially the use of a fan to assist aerodynamics, I can't help but feel they've been looking at the T.50 for inspiration here...
You could say that Gordon Murray got his inspiration from the Chaparral 2J, which started using fan suction tech since the late 60's and birthed the 2J in 1970.
 
Expect the unexpected.
Three consecutive summer months with a content update is a bit of a surprise.
It could point toward this being a single content update, but as surprises are what GT does best…
It looks good too. A bit inbetween the Fittipaldi VGT and a new slimmer Koenigsegg. I mean, had I only seen it as a GT-teaser…
Even the model designation has that Swedish hypercar ring, albeit older. Just one C short. ;)
 
Chevrolet are infamous for borrowing design elements of European exotics, mainly Ferrari. With the design of these concepts, especially the use of a fan to assist aerodynamics, I can't help but feel they've been looking at the Gordon Murray T.50 for inspiration here...
It's likely a nod to Jim Hall and the Chaparral 2J, given their history with Chevrolet and GM.
 
I didn't see this coming at all. The only thing that stands out to me is the 2 LITRE TURBOCHARGED V8 that revs to 15,000 RPM in the CX.R. An all-electric Corvette is fine as a concept but I don't want it to be the future because electric hypercars are hard to sell. Even more "regular" electric cars such as the Charger EV are hard to sell, so GM CANNOT ditch the combustion engine.
 
The promo video is amazing. Sound, graphics, cinematography all make the car feel alive. But it's not a GT3 car so it's 💩. Am I right? 😂
 
Could Nike come off of that list as the Nike One was in GT4?
I would love to see a return of that car.

I'm curious to know if we will have more cars beside the chevys
 
Could Nike come off of that list as the Nike One was in GT4?
Maybe, but…
Starting earlier this week, Frank began to post on Instagram about the Nike One 2022, with one brand new image of the car. Fans, who’ve been asking where their Nike One is given that it is now 2022, were quick to pick up on it and speculated immediately whether this meant the car would come to Gran Turismo 7.

We reached out to Frank, who also happens to be a GTPlanet member, and he told us that this wasn’t the case. “I went back and refined the original 3D CAD data on my own for the anniversary,” said Frank “and have made a bunch of high-res renderings of all the refinements.”
“Maybe after [the] GT team sees [it] they will bring it into the game again,” added Frank.
 
Back