Chevrolet Corvette CX/CX.R Vision Gran Turismo Revealed, Coming in August Update

  • Thread starter Thread starter Famine
  • 173 comments
  • 33,759 views
Hmmm, I wonder why.
By the looks of the photo it seemed like early-mid 2000s. Usually future design concepts don't seem to pan out much in terms of design IIRC. Was this a concept for the C7?

EDIT: I should've looked it up first before asking, my apologies. It's the Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Concept from 2009, so probably a C7 concept in a sense, I'm guessing.
 
Last edited:
Can you please tell me which of these games allow me to race, customise and upgrade hundreds of road cars, ranging from classics to kei cars to trucks and vans to hot hatches to sports and supercars?

Oh, none of them? Yeah, I'll be sticking with the GT franchise then.
Since none of them are out yet why don't wait until they release?
 
Last edited:
Project Motor Racing, NASCAR 25, and Endurance Motorsports Series. All look promising.
Neither of those is competing with gt7.

I would stay far away from endurance motorsport series, anything from kt racing cant be trusted.
 
Neither of those is competing with gt7.

I would stay far away from endurance motorsport series, anything from kt racing cant be trusted.
Endurance Motorsport Series has licensed Hypercars, just without the FIA WEC logo.
 
Endurance Motorsport Series has licensed Hypercars, just without the FIA WEC logo.
But it dosent feature road cars like gt7, no tuning or customize options witch is big part of gt7, its not even remotly simular.
 
Can you please tell me which of these games allow me to race, customise and upgrade hundreds of road cars, ranging from classics to kei cars to trucks and vans to hot hatches to sports and supercars?

Oh, none of them? Yeah, I'll be sticking with the GT franchise then.
Yup variety in cars is why I love GT so much.

Reason why I never been able to get into games like ACC or F1 games I just don't like racing games with 1 class of cars.

While I know its impossible just imagine if FM8 got ported to PS5 and we had GT7 and FM8 on the same system.:drool:
 
But it dosent feature road cars like gt7, no tuning or customize options witch is big part of gt7, its not even remotly simular.
But ac evo will. With their appropriate trim packages. And an open world area. And VR(which is the largest reason im still here)

Also, their ffb is said to be superior on wheels.
 
But ac evo will. With their appropriate trim packages. And an open world area. And VR(which is the largest reason im still here)

Also, their ffb is said to be superior on wheels.
Yes ac evo could be simular. But its pretty far out still, we might be close with gt8 before ac evo is even out on consoles.
 
I expect that we have discussion threads for GT7 generally, Assetto Corsa Evo, Endurance Motorsport Series, and Project Racing Cars.

This one is for the Chevrolet Corvette CX Concept (which is not a Vision GT) and the Chevrolet Corvette CX.R Vision GT (which is a Vision GT) and their upcoming appearance in GT7.


As someone up-thread pointed out, there's a build of the game with the CX.R (at least) available to the public attending Monterey Car Week which rathers hints that they are ready for inclusion, tallying with the GM press release stating that they'll be available "for fans to drive virtually in Gran Turismo 7 later this month".
 
These Vettes better not top out at 180mph. At the very least players should be able to adjust to gear ratios.
This is why I don’t use the EVs like the Porsche Mission X. We can’t adjust the gear ratio of a battery to better suit circuit tracks or top speed.
I prefer tuning for top speed so my cars have low aero and long gears. If I can’t do that for the Vettes, it’ll feel like that 2000hp is going to waste.
 
Last edited:
These Vettes better not top out at 180mph. At the very least players should be able to adjust to gear ratios.
This is why I don’t use the EVs like the Porsche Mission X. We can’t adjust the gear ratio of a battery to better suit circuit tracks or top speed.
I prefer tuning for top speed so my cars have low aero and long gears. If I can’t do that for the Vettes, it’ll feel like that 2000hp is going to waste.
This post, on the previous page, suggests not:
From LSR today, it's looking like another Tomahawk perhaps, If you can't see the leaderboard here, there's a 5:18 at Nordschleife, and I saw 262 mph at a glance on the speedo up the Dottinger Hohe.
 
Excluding the Gr.1/Gr.3 variants, and additional model variants (Jaguars, which are all the same car, Porsche Spyder etc), of VGTs where not presented separately, I have:

No Real-World Model (9)

Daihatsu Copen RJ VGT
Honda Sports VGT
Italdesign VGT*
Lexus LF-LC VGT*
MINI Clubman VGT
McLaren Ultimate VGT*
Peugeot L500R/L750R
Suzuki Vision GT
Volkswagen GTI Supersport VGT*

Scale Real-World Model (4)
Dodge Tomahawk VGT
Infiniti Concept VGT
Peugeot VGT
Skoda Vision GT

Full-Size Real-World Model (16)
Alpine VGT
Aston Martin DP-100 VGT
BMW VGT
Bulgari Aluminium VGT
Chaparral 2X VGT
Chevrolet Corvette CX.R VGT
Ferrari VGT
Hyundai N 2025 VGT
Jaguar VGT*
Lamborghini Lambo V12 VGT
Mazda LM55 VGT
Mercedes-AMG VGT
Mitsubishi Concept XR-PHEV VGT
Nissan Concept 2020 VGT
Porsche VGT
Subaru VIZIV GT VGT

Operational Vehicle (6)
Audi VGT
Bugatti VGT
Genesis X Gran Berlinetta VGT
IsoRivolta Zagato VGT*
Toyota FT-1 VGT*
Volkswagen GTI Roadster VGT

Of the asterisked models, the ItalDesign was based on its own Parcour concept but with differences, Lexus was a gussied-up version of a different Lexus LF-LC concept, the McLaren morphed into the real-world Solus, the VW Supersport was the Roadster with a roof, I don't think anyone saw the IsoRivolta move but it allegedly had a Callaway V8 in it, the Jaguar was presented as a full-size model in SV form only as far as I recall, and the FT-1 is more or less the FT-1 with digitally added wings.

But I think 22 (or 21 if you exclude the FT-1 VGT specifically) is your answer.

The 34 separate projects (35, but I'm squishing the VWs together) have produced - including all variants - 55 cars in total, with the Corvette being number 56.
Thanks for the summary. I wonder if PD know or care how their player base feels, and uses these cars. I’m sure they have stats on their use. It’s an enormous amount of virtual cars to have invested time in, imo.
 
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Chevrolet Corvette CX.R Vision Gran Turismo Revealed​

A surprise new addition to the Gran Turismo 7 car roster has leaked out, in the shape of a Chevrolet Corvette concept car called the CX.R Vision Gran Turismo...
This is great but they keep missing the mark, where is the C8.R, C8 Z06, C8 ZR1, C8 ZR1X and E-Ray. Forza has most of these cars already and the C8.R would smoke in GR.3, if they dont BOP it out of the front.
 
Forza has most of these cars already
Not that this has helped Forza Motorsport at all, given that Microsoft appears to have all but lined up the firing squad.

The C8.R (and Z06 GT3.R) may be in an awkward, and oft-discussed place; GT hasn't had an official Corvette Racing vehicle - which are made by Pratt Miller (formerly Pratt & Miller) - since the C5-R. There was a C6.R replica in GT5-6, which sported a livery similar to the real thing (and, awkwardly, Pratt & Miller logos), while a couple of recent sets of Weekly Challenges included C6-8 models with liveries inspired by the real things too.

As for the road cars, unless there's special circumstances, you shouldn't expect any car to appear in GT in less than 18 months since its launch. There are exceptions, but this is the norm.

The fact that the CX Concept will appear within two weeks of it being unveiled (along with the Vision GT), along with recent gap-plugging among historic Corvette generations in updates (and the base C8 in 1.27) could perhaps be taken as a positive sign regarding the Chevrolet/PD relationship.
 
Makes me wonder if the C9 will resemble anything close to that whenever its released. :confused:
 
With this corvette VGT, we are just MIA 4 of the original VGT cars announced in 2013

View attachment 1472442
They have now removed GM Design from the Coming Soon list on the VGT page.
So does this car cross out the long awaited GM Design VGT?

Very keen with these two cars, but I can't help but feel they've just attached racing parts to an existing concept car and sell it as a VGT. It's a solution that screams 'not interested in participating'. I'd forgive that if years down the line a production model comes out from the same brand that carries a strong resemblance to the VGT, but I just learned about the Corvette CX Concept now so it doesn't sting so so bad. We had so many brand misopportunities in the GT6 era.
Daihatsu comes off as this the most. Not only they didn't have a trailer video, they outsourced the whole design to an external company (Seico Industrial Design Works, who is credited in GT Sport's credits and on the car itself).

On the other hand, the FT-1 VGT gave Toyota an interim Gr.3 car until the GR Supra Racing Concept was ready. (Other examples of that kind of VGT are Mitsubishi XR-PHEV Evo, Subaru Viziv VGT, and Lexus LF-LC VGT. The Bugatti might also arguably count since it was a bodykitted Chiron when that was still in development, and maybe the BMW as traces of F8x 2-series is visible.)
Project Motor Racing, NASCAR 25, and Endurance Motorsports Series. All look promising.
Every time I hear people namedrop "greener grass" titles and don't see Tokyo Xtreme Racer '25 tells me these sentiments are coming from the race car crowd.
 
Last edited:
Every time I hear people namedrop "greener grass" titles and don't see Tokyo Xtreme Racer '25 tells me these sentiments are coming from the race car crowd.
Next you'll tell me that water is wet?
 
Just when you think the level of trolling performed by Kaz cannot get any worse, they go and do this.
 
Cool car but I want those replay angles more than 100 new cars.
 
Not that this has helped Forza Motorsport at all, given that Microsoft appears to have all but lined up the firing squad.

The C8.R (and Z06 GT3.R) may be in an awkward, and oft-discussed place; GT hasn't had an official Corvette Racing vehicle - which are made by Pratt Miller (formerly Pratt & Miller) - since the C5-R. There was a C6.R replica in GT5-6, which sported a livery similar to the real thing (and, awkwardly, Pratt & Miller logos), while a couple of recent sets of Weekly Challenges included C6-8 models with liveries inspired by the real things too.

As for the road cars, unless there's special circumstances, you shouldn't expect any car to appear in GT in less than 18 months since its launch. There are exceptions, but this is the norm.

The fact that the CX Concept will appear within two weeks of it being unveiled (along with the Vision GT), along with recent gap-plugging among historic Corvette generations in updates (and the base C8 in 1.27) could perhaps be taken as a positive sign regarding the Chevrolet/PD relationship.
I hope this spills over into Cadillac.
 
I will never understand this "hatred" (strong word) and negativity towards VGTs, specially when they are from big brands like Chevy.


Are they pointless cars to include in Gran Turismo? Depends on who you ask. Are they a waste of time and/or resources that could've been used in "proper" cars? Maybe, we can only assume after all.

But when VGTs get added, we can assume that there is a decent relationship between PD and car companies, and that could (maybe) lead to the inclusion of the cars some players actually want down the line.
With how little info we get from GT/PD themselves, anything we can maybe ascertain is valuable, in my opinion.


Personally, I don't care too much about a Chevrolet VGT (already have my Chevelle, so I'm happy :D), but I do think this is an important inclusion to Gran Turismo, and gives me hope that the rumoured Pratt Miller situation is resolved (if it was ever the case), and we could see proper Chevy race cars again.


Let's just hope this isn't a Škoda/Italdesign situation. It's been over a year since those brands had their VGTs added (two years, for Italdesign), and we haven't seen anything from them since. Doubt that will be the case here, though.



Note: I could also use this whole argument for the surge of SUV/CUVs in recent updates, but I won't open that can of worms... :lol:
 
Last edited:
You know this car is a big deal when your next door neighbour, who used to be the President of the Victorian Corvette Club, knows about it. Probably shouldn't be surprised but it just goes to show how concepts made for a video game can make a mark on car culture as a whole. To say that GT isn't a part of modern automotive culture is a flat out lie.
 
Nearly Feels like Cadillac Cien and Konigsegg vibes from this shot.
View attachment 1472450
...man and this is sad

Why PD why still no Koenigsegg, only the CC8S, CCX or Agera the basic models not the top ones and that's it.

CC8S%20on%20the%20track_0.jpg
2.3.jpg

Koenigsegg_Agera_silver.jpg
 
Last edited:
...man and this is sad

Why PD why still no Koenigsegg, only the CC8S, CCX or Agera the basic models not the top ones and that's it.

CC8S%20on%20the%20track_0.jpg
2.3.jpg

Koenigsegg_Agera_silver.jpg
Maybe I'm just being American, but I would have to assume "money" is the answer. "Money" is usually the answer to any question you may have about any product 99% of the time.
 
Back