Chicago

United States
United States
carsoftheworld7
chi99.jpg

Yes this maybe absurd but I should think a nonexistent street race in Chicago would be cool. Out of inspiration from Seattle, Seoul, Hong Kong and Tokyo.

Saw this thread and thought it might be the place to share this. For a while there has been rumors about trying to get an indycar race in Chicago, but the big question was obviously where could there be a course? Well I was bored one Saturday and spent a few hours trying to come up with a layout. I came up with Cricket Hill. It's about 2 miles in length and looks like an ideal location. It not down town so an event could go on with disrupting the traffic flow of the entire city, and it runs around an area of parks so there is plenty of room for stands, and of course Cricket Hill itself, which would provide a great vantage point. It even already has a big paved area for the paddock. All it would need is some pavement laid for pit road, and adding some pavement at the Simonds Dr and Lawerence/Wilson Ave to make those turns wide enough to be good passing zones.

Chicago Cricket Hill Fantasy layout.png

So there ya go PD, if ya want to add Chicago I've saved you the trouble of making a layout! I didn't make this thread, but maybe @carsforever would like to make this thread for Chicago (Cricket Hill street circuit)? :)

It seems like a cool idea. I've never even been to Chicago. I just boasted the idea as there are plenty of street courses that PD made up from reality. I plan to post more soon

It seems like a cool idea. I've never even been to Chicago. I just boasted the idea as there are plenty of street courses that PD made up from reality. I plan to post more soon
Youre not missing much. I lived there, its a cesspool of filth

I live in Chicago and we need a street Circuit, it's long overdue.
If you still live in Chicago, you're in luck. Even though I don't like who it's for, next year there will be a street race in Chicago...for NASCAR. I'm an F1 and Indycar fan

Back