CHOOSE YOUR NUMBER!! the "official" race number thread!! Hurry up and get yours!!

• Thread starter Boogieman
  • 221 comments
I choose 87 (year of birth). I'll post a pic when the game comes out here in europe :)

I'll take 67. Pic to follow.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/WHITEMX5/67Lightfighter.jpg <--- full size

67Lightfighterlittle.jpg

[empty space]
hm ... this suddenly doesnt matter now since it was clarifed in the other threat that were using road bikes :(

Don't despair, there will be more series coming, sure my Naked Bike Series uses road bikes, but I'm sure someone will create some 80's Race series or litre bike series using racers. Europe doesn't even have TT yet.:)

I apologize, but I'd like to change my number to 59.

There is a reason for this. The 59 Club was a famous social club for cafe racing rockers in England in the 1960s. It was started by Reverend Bill Shergold and the 59 patch was one of the most popular patches on the rocker's black leather jackets. Only the Ace Cafe patch was more common.

martialstax
I apologize, but I'd like to change my number to 59.

There is a reason for this. The 59 Club was a famous social club for cafe racing rockers in England in the 1960s. It was started by Reverend Bill Shergold and the 59 patch was one of the most popular patches on the rocker's black leather jackets. Only the Ace Cafe patch was more common.

Yeah, I just read that in the June Cycle World. Good call and a swig of single malt for the witty call on that one. 👍

Lightfighter
Yeah, I just read that in the June Cycle World. Good call and a swig of single malt for the witty call on that one. 👍

I haven't picked up the June issue yet. I have a book called Cafe Racers, that's where I learned about it. I learned to ride a motorcycle when I lived in England in the early '80s, so I'm partial to the rocker and cafe racer culture.

And that reminds me, I'm nearly out of Scotch. I need to take care of that.

Back