circuit experiences are broken...

• Thread starter bohuggaee
  • 94 comments
This just-in...old fart gets all gold at Nurburg CE.
Thought i'd give it a shot,like everyone else, while the track was still fresh in the membrane.
All i had to do was gold 8 more sections,half silver/half bronze and the full lap,lol,wasn't expecting what then happened.
I was stuck on the first section right away and finally broke thru ,maybe 30 minutes,after that they all fell fairly quick,maybe another 30 minutes.
On to the full lap where my best was 6:52.xxx,only 15 seconds to make up,lol.
I started a little rough and almost hit re-set but thought lets just see,i crossed the last interval at 5:52.xxx and it popped in my head that it takes me about 45 secs to hit the finish line,i have a chance at this!!
6.37.169,holy ****,i did it !
TC-3
ASM-on
CSA-weak
Grabbed the 5 mill which helps pay for some of the 10+ i spent yesterday and made a drink!
GL all, !
1685146978166.png

:cheers:

This just-in...old fart gets all gold at Nurburg CE.
Thought i'd give it a shot,like everyone else, while the track was still fresh in the membrane.
All i had to do was gold 8 more sections,half silver/half bronze and the full lap,lol,wasn't expecting what then happened.
I was stuck on the first section right away and finally broke thru ,maybe 30 minutes,after that they all fell fairly quick,maybe another 30 minutes.
On to the full lap where my best was 6:52.xxx,only 15 seconds to make up,lol.
I started a little rough and almost hit re-set but thought lets just see,i crossed the last interval at 5:52.xxx and it popped in my head that it takes me about 45 secs to hit the finish line,i have a chance at this!!
6.37.169,holy ****,i did it !
TC-3
ASM-on
CSA-weak
Grabbed the 5 mill which helps pay for some of the 10+ i spent yesterday and made a drink!
GL all, !
View attachment 1259992
:cheers:
That's progression right there!, and good to see that those TT laps payed off here, great job!

Blue Moon Bay CE Infield A.
I give up on it I have been watching the demonstration and it does not work like that I don't care what anyone says, to get the speeds it does you have to have TC off and ASM off, it is possible with TC on 1 which is not much difference to off on this car, so I did and put braking markers on and if you brake on the markers or even a fraction before the car just slides sideways everywhere, I have ABS on default. If you brake a bit before to allow brakes not to grab and slide you are so slow it is pointless doing it. Not only that when you exit a bend you have to wait ages to get the car straight as if you even look at the accelerator before the car is straight it tries to oversteer, something TC up to 3 can cure but then you lose speed.
I managed a 1:10.274 and many 1:10 2xx but then doing the same thing again and again it will only do 1:11xxx it just doesn't make sense I do exactly the same and the time fluctuates between 1.5 seconds? that can't happen.
I know I am not the best far from it for sure, but I cannot grasp how after doing the lap so many times you know the instant you have made an error no matter how small it is and to do lap after lap over and over exactly the same and get 1.5 second difference is just mind boggling.
Sacking it off as when I start to get annoyed I end up just saying it is a game get a grip but inside I feel like exploding and beating the crap out of a games console? which is crazy, so I end up giving the console and games away as a break and to return me to my senses and then 6 months later I want another console and it is costing me a fortune lol I have given two away now and I am sure the kids in my street are watching out their windows and the second I walk out with a ps5 in hand they will come running lol.
I tried I got close I suppose that will have to do. Think I am going to have to accept on other CE bronze is going to be my limit maybe the odd silver. Golds can whistle until they make the game acceptable to the average user instead of making a brilliant game and ruining it by making it so hard.

I give up on it I have been watching the demonstration and it does not work like that I don't care what anyone says, to get the speeds it does you have to have TC off and ASM off, it is possible with TC on 1 which is not much difference to off on this car, so I did and put braking markers on and if you brake on the markers or even a fraction before the car just slides sideways everywhere, I have ABS on default. If you brake a bit before to allow brakes not to grab and slide you are so slow it is pointless doing it. Not only that when you exit a bend you have to wait ages to get the car straight as if you even look at the accelerator before the car is straight it tries to oversteer, something TC up to 3 can cure but then you lose speed.
I managed a 1:10.274 and many 1:10 2xx but then doing the same thing again and again it will only do 1:11xxx it just doesn't make sense I do exactly the same and the time fluctuates between 1.5 seconds? that can't happen.
I know I am not the best far from it for sure, but I cannot grasp how after doing the lap so many times you know the instant you have made an error no matter how small it is and to do lap after lap over and over exactly the same and get 1.5 second difference is just mind boggling.
Sacking it off as when I start to get annoyed I end up just saying it is a game get a grip but inside I feel like exploding and beating the crap out of a games console? which is crazy, so I end up giving the console and games away as a break and to return me to my senses and then 6 months later I want another console and it is costing me a fortune lol I have given two away now and I am sure the kids in my street are watching out their windows and the second I walk out with a ps5 in hand they will come running lol.
I tried I got close I suppose that will have to do. Think I am going to have to accept on other CE bronze is going to be my limit maybe the odd silver. Golds can whistle until they make the game acceptable to the average user instead of making a brilliant game and ruining it by making it so hard.
Sorry mate, I can't help but say : NOT JUSTIN CREDIBLE :scared:

To you and OP : Stop moaning, practice and learn.

Do you have the demo ghost on so you can see where you are losing time?? That should help a lot.

I can tell many here never played a GT game before GT Sport. In GTS you could easily gold all the CE's by more than 5 seconds or more.

Pick up and play a pre modern (Gran Turismo 1-4) GT game and try golding the license tests on there. And then you'll realise that getting gold is meant to be difficult. And back then it was. You'd have to constantly grind a test to eek out a tenth at a time, pushing harder and learning more as you played more.

Even more recently in GT5, the Sebastian Vettel challenge was an absolute nightmare to even bronze. Well, until PD nerfed it to make it easy on casual players as they cried it was "too hard". That time trial itself left blisters on my hands from my DFGT wheel. It was that hard.

GT Sport was far too easy to gold. Hence why players are perceiving a hard challenge in 7. This game is meant to be difficult. You'll find your skill level pretty fast. Keep practicing, learning, improving.

It's not participation gold trophies for everyone in a real GT game. Go back to the originals and you'll see that's how they are supposed to be.

Last edited:
I can tell many here never played a GT game before GT Sport. In GTS you could easily gold all the CE's by more than 5 seconds or more.

Pick up and play a pre modern (Gran Turismo 1-4) GT game and try golding the license tests on there. And then you'll realise that getting gold is meant to be difficult. And back then it was. You'd have to constantly grind a test to eek out a tenth at a time, pushing harder and learning more as you played more.

Even more recently in GT5, the Sebastian Vettel challenge was an absolute nightmare to even bronze. Well, until PD nerfed it to make it easy on casual players as they cried it was "too hard". That time trial itself left blisters on my hands from my DFGT wheel. It was that hard.

GT Sport was far too easy to gold. Hence why players are perceiving a hard challenge in 7. This game is meant to be difficult. You'll find your skill level pretty fast. Keep practicing, learning, improving.

It's not participation gold trophies for everyone in a real GT game. Go back to the originals and you'll see that's how they are supposed to be.
Sir, it is 2023, if I demand a gold trophy for giving something a try once or twice then I deserve the gold trophy! I don’t have time to play the game to earn the rewards, I expect them all to just be there when I want them.

@Famine: It ain't nice to lie, lol. If you've golded more than a handful of CE's, you ain't rubbish at this.
I don't.

The gold margins are generous to incredibly generous almost across the board; they're almost so far away from the top times that if they were F1 drivers they'd be too slow to be allowed to race...

In GT7 I've never been above a B Driver Rating - which means my DR isn't even a third of that of the best players in the world.

I'm rubbish. I've golded them all (taking both the accounts I've done them on into consideration; neither individually has all completed though).

I got these gold after launch, but do they ever update the required times after all the physics changes and adjustments they make?

Last edited:
I got these gold after launch, but do they ever update the required times after all the physics changes and adjustments they make?
Yes - most notably in 1.31 (as quoted upthread).
3. World Circuits
The target times for all events within the Circuit Experience has been adjusted, and the demonstrations have been updated accordingly.

If you see my signature you will see I have done all the GT games apart from Sport I really didn't like that.
I am 59 years old and have earned my stripes the long way as to say from ps1 right up to ps5 and all the GT games which came along.
I was a massive fan of Drive club where I got number 1 in the world on many sprints along with Tnan who seems to have disappeared after the servers went off? I know how to practice a section on a track and to get it right, just GT7 seems to be odd in how it times the 3 sections of the lap.
I can play the game I don't confess to being the best as I am not. I don't expect do it 2-3 times and get gold that would be boring but if you play you know yourself after doing the same lap about 1000 times you get to now it like the back of your hand and you know the split second you run a fraction wide or brake to early or late as do I but when I don't see any difference in what I am doing and getting one lap 1:10.2xx and then do it the same again and get 1:11.674 it is like what the hell did I miss so you do it again and back to just over 1:10 secs and again and get 1:11 6xx it is hurting my head.
Ok yes I find some of the times to hard I think this time should be 1:10.200 for gold as it took me a lot of learning the track correctly to get that, but to keep me on the same track for over a month is the other end of the scale to hard and it gets boring.
Hence I said it would be far better if it had a difficulty slider to reduce some of the gold times and obviously reduce the prize money with it. I would be happy with that. I am not asking to make the gold time 1:12.500 as that would be to easy just 1:10.250 which is achievable without spending over a month on the same track.

No worries I just accept it is to hard and move away to another CE and see what I can get on those.

Sir, it is 2023, if I demand a gold trophy for giving something a try once or twice then I deserve the gold trophy! I don’t have time to play the game to earn the rewards, I expect them all to just be there when I want them.
Haha, love it 😂

@justin credible I too am old school GT and have been there since launch in the late 90's. I never played Drive club, but I heard it was unrealistic and arcadey.

If you played the older GTs I don't understand why you'd like a difficulty slider for a gold time. As you know older games are hard to complete.

Maybe you're slowing down as you're knocking on the door of 60 years of age? I'm 42 right now. I know that in 20 years time my reactions will definitely be slower than now.

Just something to think about.

Last edited:
I have been hammering away for over a month and no joy I don't think I will ever do it if I am honest, I have finished all the cafe menus apart from the later ones about collecting cars which don't float my boat really.
I will give it a few more weeks and try your advice thank you and gold or not I will have to move on to a different CE.
I have done a couple where I managed gold all sectors and others where I can't gold the first sector so have no chance at the lap lol.
Cheers. I don't consider my self as good at all I just enjoy playing, I just wish there was an easier mode for people like me and the mode there is now for those who love a seriously difficult challenge.
How on earth did you manage to 100 % the older games. I did not start playing until GT5, but that game had some seriously challenges, that are far harder than any games after that has had.

The vettel, and Sebastien loeb challenges, was kinda alien territory to be able to complete. I seriously don't understand how you can have problems completing a random GT7 challenge, if you where able to complete those one's from the older games.

Haha, love it 😂

@justin credible I too am old school GT and have been there since launch in the late 90's. I never played Drive club, but I heard it was unrealistic and arcadey.

If you played the older GTs I don't understand why you'd like a difficulty slider for a gold time. As you know older games are hard to complete.

Maybe you're slowing down as you're knocking on the door of 60 years of age? I'm 42 right now. I know that in 20 years time my reactions will definitely be slower than now.

Just something to think about.
You could possibly be right, I did the old GT games not easy but it didn't take months to get gold, GT4 was the best game made in the range.
I recall challenging a mate on GT 1 or 2 where we had the Mitsubishi twin turbo GTO think it was the best tuner on there and you could tune it and do a straight drag to get your top speed and we would save it to a memory card lol and then ring each other and say I got 380kmh or whatever it was. Yeh I am getting on a bit lol
Drive club was brilliant I still have mine and as I was number 1 globally on quite a few of the sprints even though the servers are gone I still have my times and I try and beat them! done a couple but only by .034 of a second lol
I think this will be my last GT game as to be honest I only play GT and Driveclub now and again as nothing else appeals to me lol (another sign of old age) shoot em ups no thanks and all the level games boring.
I think I can see myself doing a few more CE times and then passing it down to my grandson he is nearly 7 now and I am sure he will get more out of it than I do.
I have loads to give him as I get presents from family at christmas birthdays and they always think oh he like PS5 stuff so buy me all the bits (haven't got the heart to tell them I never use them) the VR headset it is still in the box and numerus games which I tried for half an hour and think well that's boring lol.
I am bored of tv so I go on GT7 for fun but find myself putting it down and sitting on Oculus quest 2 in ten pin bowling or just the hot air balloon over the plains of Africa seeing the wild animals.
I have switched GT7 off for today I may give this lap another try tomorrow but I can't see me doing it my best now is 1:10.163 so close but no cigar.
Cheers.
PS My eyesight and reflexes started to slow at around 48 so just be warned as it sneaks up on you and your the last one to realise, when your arms are not long enough anymore to hold the paper far enough away so you can read it lol been there done that.

How on earth did you manage to 100 % the older games. I did not start playing until GT5, but that game had some seriously challenges, that are far harder than any games after that has had.

The vettel, and Sebastien loeb challenges, was kinda alien territory to be able to complete. I seriously don't understand how you can have problems completing a random GT7 challenge, if you where able to complete those one's from the older games.
I was single and living alone after a divorce, gt4 and 5, used to finish work come home shower eat and sit on GT until 11pm then go bed wake repeat. I lived alone for 11 years and it was heaven if I am honest. It wasn't unusual to go on GT at 10am Saturday and Sunday and not come off again until well after 10pm.
Yes some of the stuff on the older games was difficult but I managed to do it, god knows how but I did it.
It well could be my reactions are not as good as they used to be I know when I was in my 30s I could still keep up with the young ones in the boxing gym where I helped train them, got to 45 and slowed so much I think my shoulder would fall apart if I tried to do bag work now lol.
All good fun.

For me personally CEs are the best part of the game!

Nurburgring was a tough test, but once Golded I felt my skill overall improved with the game, the same applies to all CEs.

Its like a training course, you learn and get better as end result you become better at it. Gold is meant to be a challenge (at least for casuals), and I have fun chasing those seconds and getting Gold.

For me personally CEs are the best part of the game!

Nurburgring was a tough test, but once Golded I felt my skill overall improved with the game, the same applies to all CEs.

Its like a training course, you learn and get better as end result you become better at it. Gold is meant to be a challenge (at least for casuals), and I have fun chasing those seconds and getting Gold.
^This. I fully agree. Every single update I keep hoping for more Circuit Experience challenges for new tracks or even variants of tracks.

@bohuggaee Do you use cockpit camera while doing circuit experience just like on the video from the other game that you posted earlier?

If yes then it might be more difficult than with other cameras (bumper or hood cam) especially that GT7 has the worst cockpit camera from all sim and sim-arcade games.

Last edited:
@bohuggaee Do you use cockpit camera while doing circuit experience just like on the video from the other game that you posted earlier?

If yes then it might be more difficult than with other cameras (bumper or hood cam) especially that GT7 has the worst cockpit camera from all sim and sim-arcade games.
I have zero on screen view I am not sure what it is called but it is the view with nothing of the car showing like you are just looking through a windscreen no front end anything, I have the clocks in the middle lower of the screen that's it, I have played like this since day one so any other view throws me big time lol.
I do not like that cockpit view as you can hardly see anything, I thought that view was for a laugh surely no one uses that?
I do not have ghost cars on as they do my head in as I am colour blind badly and have to adjust colour down to near enough black and white or I seem to lose the edge of the track and some of the sidings, it's fine the way I have it I can see it no problem (colin mcray rally lol I used to drive off the track in to rocks as I couldn't see the track which my son found hilarious and it was lol)

The ghost car is always with you and for me it is like changing the view to seeing the car on track as it is so close to your own car all the time and I tend to brake for the ghost car not my own car lol if you get me. I do watch demonstrations a lot and some are like Oh Yeh do that and bingo but others are just not right you see where on the track the car is and what speeds it gets up to exiting corners or entering in corners and when to brake etc but if you try it the car reacts in a very different way to the demo? Example is on the straight the demo gets up to 170mph and then brakes you can only do this from the start if you have TC off and ASM off and then when you brake in the same place ok but as soon as you come off the brakes you can not touch the gas as the demo does or the car will go in to boat mode! same speed same position on track and even resting on the gas will make the car slide. it is odd for sure but no worries it just means forget that demo and work it out for yourself.
I may give it a go later but I have my daughter and son-in-law coming around shortly and he has promised to help do some garden work with me, so it could be this evening before I get chance to master it! lol.

I have zero on screen view I am not sure what it is called but it is the view with nothing of the car showing like you are just looking through a windscreen no front end anything, I have the clocks in the middle lower of the screen that's it, I have played like this since day one so any other view throws me big time lol.
So you are good. This is what I meant - cockpit cam is bad and other cameras are better also I wanted to tag @bohuggaee but I tagged you instead before edit 😅so my post was for OP.

Some ideas: If you're not running a piece of equipment but you have considered it, get it and try it. If you are running a wheel, VR, etc., try without it. PSVR2 makes a world of difference, sometimes good, sometimes bad.
The same goes for assists. You need to wean off of ALL of them. I ran my first online races today without brake and steering assist, and I've been running offline with NO assists at all. Your lap times will suffer at first, but then surpass what you can do with the assists on.
EDIT: For semantics, I feel on a flat screen that the bumper view, where you see no part of the car, is correct. I've used it since Daytona USA came out in 1996, winning against the AI on the hardest settings regularly. PSVR2 locks you to cockpit view, which would be correct for that (in bumper view, the edge of your TV is the dashboard.) The VR device fills your entire field of vision, though, so the tiny window you get in cockpit view on a flat screen is actually useable.

Last edited:
I don't.

The gold margins are generous to incredibly generous almost across the board; they're almost so far away from the top times that if they were F1 drivers they'd be too slow to be allowed to race...

In GT7 I've never been above a B Driver Rating - which means my DR isn't even a third of that of the best players in the world.

I'm rubbish. I've golded them all (taking both the accounts I've done them on into consideration; neither individually has all completed though).
If you say so. Just don't rear end the black 787B on your way by, that would be me. 😀

Just had a quick go lol what a waste of time I nailed it and thought Oh here we go crossed the line 1:12.302 Ok so did it again 1:10.212 Ok did it again and got a wonderful run 1:11.574? it just doesn't make sense!
So I had another go and thought I went a little bit slow in a corner and crossed the line 1:10.385 ok did it again and carried 6mph quicker through bend and did the rest flawlessly 1:11.794 enough I really believe the clock has something wrong with it!
Felt something I never felt before I had controller in hand and I felt like bouncing it off the wall but didn't so Game deleted Disc in box. Give it the grandson as I think my time is over on consoles.
Everything progresses but age makes me regress so games are harder and I am getting slower all leads to hanging up the controller.
It's been fun. Over and out, leave it to the young uns.
Cheers folks.

Just had a quick go lol what a waste of time I nailed it and thought Oh here we go crossed the line 1:12.302 Ok so did it again 1:10.212
I think my time is over on consoles.
Everything progresses but age makes me regress so games are harder and I am getting slower all leads to hanging up the controller.
I just gave it a try. It's not a track I'm familiar with, so it took me a few tries at each sector to get some basic braking points, gears, and lines, but I got gold on every sector and the full lap within 5 tries each. But my full lap was 1:09.7, so not a huge amount of time to spare, and I'm 7 years younger than you, so maybe in 7 years I'll be 0.5 seconds slower.

Just had a quick go lol what a waste of time I nailed it and thought Oh here we go crossed the line 1:12.302 Ok so did it again 1:10.212 Ok did it again and got a wonderful run 1:11.574? it just doesn't make sense!
So I had another go and thought I went a little bit slow in a corner and crossed the line 1:10.385 ok did it again and carried 6mph quicker through bend and did the rest flawlessly 1:11.794 enough I really believe the clock has something wrong with it!
Felt something I never felt before I had controller in hand and I felt like bouncing it off the wall but didn't so Game deleted Disc in box. Give it the grandson as I think my time is over on consoles.
Cheers folks.
I’ve pretty much accepted that I’ll never be able to get gold but I still enjoy playing despite being terrible. I can’t even bronze the last 2 time trials. I’m 31 LMAO. I never got close to getting 100% or every car when I was a kid playing GT3/GT4. If you have a VR headset then use it! VR is amazing and breathes new life into a game. Plus learning something new is probably good for your brain as well.

these circuit experiences are nearly impossible for me, and must be for the average person. (i know i sound pompous, but on project cars i was undefeated and on forza 6 i was 5.10 on nordschleife, that was 38th in the world, i know what im doing...) many of these would be difficult with a wheel. let alone a controller which is what i use. they need to be patched so that silver times are gold.. modifying sensitive, to 10 just isn't enough compared to what the demonstration car can do, and brake balance doesn't actually do anything for brake steering.... they are forcing you to play them with a detuned car. no matter how i take a turn or brake, the demonstration ghost will just pull away from me. so it definitely has more hp, and can out brake and out turn me. i can hit their braking point, their speed and i understeer every time. i've driven the nordschleife in games for over a decade. i have the track so well memorized in every game ive played with it. i love the track so much, i'll drive it with my eyes close before sleep. . however, coming to gt7, to do the circuit experience is utterly implausible... the car is simply detuned to make the game unnecessarily difficult so you can't get points. they are pretending every professional driver is on this level of edge, where one simple issue is a huge explosion of a mistake. and thats simply not true... if cars were actually like these in real life. every driver would crash out of the race. you brake a foot late in this game and the inertia just sends you off track. thats not how cars work. the same forces are exerted everywhere on track, the same friction, but you can test it, to show that the game isn't actually about driving a car. its a punishment system for not following that invisible line that pretends it god of all racing and people in the game. its almost as if, they have never heard of early and late apexes and what they are there for.
You're totally right man, this games developers need to get in there and change the difficulty to get golds to silver times. Its ridiculous, i just did more than 100 attempts at watkins glen sector 2, still 3 tenths short of gold. I dont think the demonstration car was driven by a human being. I hope the developers do something about this cuz its killing my appreciation of the rest of the game.

Back