Cities: Skylines (the Sim City we deserve)

• Thread starter Akira AC
  • 1,530 comments
I decided that I've had enough of winter for this season and started a new summer project on an old map of mine. I'm going to start by building a couple of small villages and then see what happens from there. In the process I'll test how many trees my new computer can handle (last time I played this map was on my old PC), hopefully it's a lot.

I increased the volume of the ambient sounds because it's really nice to hear the birds sing in the forest :)

Skärmbild (137).png
Skärmbild (138).png

Last edited:
Didn't see this one announced?

Oh well, more stuff...

... seems like it implements some After Dark style hotels etc.

edit:

“Hotels & Retreats” includes:

Hotel Buildings​

Hostels, cabins, hotels, luxurious resorts… you name it! Add a series of hotel buildings to your city, on a range from budget to luxury.

Hotel Management​

Set your hotel to success and attract different tourist groups. Start with one-star hotels and unlock new options as they start generating revenue and increasing popularity.

Tourism Buildings​

New structures will support your hotels: parks, restaurants, playgrounds, and cafès.

Location is key​

Matching hotels with good locations will be paramount as you manage your hotels, as locations on the map will attract different groups of tourists. We added 5 new maps for your hotels (3 European-inspired maps, 1 tropical map, and 1 temperate map).

Last edited:
Thought I'd have another stab at just filling 25 tiles... nothing special at the moment... maybe 3 tiles worth actually filled (there's a farming area and cargo airport off screen)...

sdfasfdfsd.png

I have a small local station currently accepting intercity trains... it's spawning outgoing trains like nobodies business....

.. just persistently pushing out trains with hardly any passengers... it's not actually causing any problems because of how I've set up the rail junctions, but still... seems crazy.

Also...

"Financial Districts"

Had a play with this, seems pretty easy to game the system. Greasy Gasoline Company for example... Bulldoze one section of all outside connecting roads and wait for shares to tank, buy as many shares as possible. Pause, rebuild the outside connecting roads and turn off all other buildings with outside connections (i.e. stations, train stations, ports, etc. etc.) Unpause, wait for your Greasy Gasoline to go back up to about what they were - or more -, then sell. Turn back on the buildings you turned off and Bob's yer farver's bruver.... double or triple the money invested. Getting from a million, to several million credits in not a lot of time at all is fairly easy, useful in my case for expanding public transport and education faster than I could otherwise.

I love Venice, 😍 and have been there a number of times. When I first started playing Cities Skylines, I had an idea in the back of my head to recreate it,🤔 and then the more I played the more I thought it would be impossible.😲

Anyway, a video popped up on my YT stream today of a chap called DirtyH who is actually attempting to recreate Venice, and he is going to try to do it all before CS2 arrives. 😲 I've watched the 3 episodes so far, and he's really getting the look of the place. It is going to be interesting to watch. Worth a look. ;)

I'm Building Venice 1:1 In Cities Skylines | Europe 55 by DirtyH

The free update coming with the next mini expansion brings some great changes to the game: An industry warehouse with train access, the ability to store fish in warehouses, a new fish factory, ploppable pavement, zoning options when building roads, and a couple of new trees and hedges.

Edit: Oh, and a new coal power plant that actually looks good!

Last edited:
The last DLC of Cities: Skylines has now been released. As usual it's a little scary when playing with mods, but this time the transition was pretty smooth. I did run into an issue which caused the game to fail loading and found that it was caused by Steam not updating some of my mods to the latest version. An easy way to fix that issue was to right-click on the game in the Steam library, go to Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game files. This forces Steam to update all your installed mods.

Celebrated this final DLC by detailing a little area of the village. I like the new birch tree and the new hedge!

Skärmbild (157).png

An easy way to fix that issue was to right-click on the game in the Steam library, go to Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game files. This forces Steam to update all your installed mods.

That's an interesting tip.

edit: Warehouse with Rail connection is a game changer.

Last edited:
Slowly fleshing this out..
20230603171553_1.jpg
20230603172122_1.jpg

The farming area and cargo airport represent two corners of the 25 tile map... again the plan is basically to fill the map and basically use every asset - it's a bit harder than think when everything is placed by hand... long way to go yet.

20230603172233_1.jpg

On Remastered (Xbox), is there a way to download (empty) maps that other have made?

There is a map creator tool but I don’t feel like sculpting maps from scratch.

On Remastered (Xbox), is there a way to download (empty) maps that other have made?

There is a map creator tool but I don’t feel like sculpting maps from scratch.
I don't think so, the only options for maps are ones from the base game, ones that you've created and ones from DLC.

Last edited:
Looks like a timed unlock of some assets have happened.

A countdown clock, and the 'Plaza of Transference' which 'Ensures smooth transitions into the future'...

adadadadada.jpg

... and a couple of others too.

Can anyone tell me how I can upgrade my PS+ ps4 version of CS (where I bought all DLCs for) to CS remastered? Do I have to buy the remastered version or can I somehow buy a ps4 version and upgrade thst for free?

Thanks!

Can anyone tell me how I can upgrade my PS+ ps4 version of CS (where I bought all DLCs for) to CS remastered? Do I have to buy the remastered version or can I somehow buy a ps4 version and upgrade thst for free?

Thanks!
You can't upgrade to remastered for free if you only own the ps+ version :(

Yes so that's why I want to know which version I need to buy. Remastered is 40 euro's but some normal packs are 10. Don't know it thst works...

Yes so that's why I want to know which version I need to buy. Remastered is 40 euro's but some normal packs are 10. Don't know it thst works...
You need to buy the full remastered game. I was in the same boat having the PS+ version, and picked up the remaster a couple months back. The remastered game does go on sale reasonably frequently, I got it for $20 NZD (10ish US)

The add-on packs are just add-ons. Any add-ons you have for the original version will work with the remaster - except the latest few which are being added at a later date. It is currently about 3 ~ 4 months behind in patches/dlc compared with base game.

You need to buy the full remastered game. I was in the same boat having the PS+ version, and picked up the remaster a couple months back. The remastered game does go on sale reasonably frequently, I got it for $20 NZD (10ish US)

The add-on packs are just add-ons. Any add-ons you have for the original version will work with the remaster - except the latest few which are being added at a later date. It is currently about 3 ~ 4 months behind in patches/dlc compared with base game.
Ah thanks, you're right, just missed the latest sale couple days ago.
Will keep on eye on it, if not, wait for CS2 :D

Thanks!
I had this issue a month or so back. The base game/remastered versions do come up on offer on the store every other month on average. The price drops from £39 to usually just £9. So its worthwhile waiting or checking back every week.

To be honest though, as you can't transfer existing maps across to the remastered version, you'll be starting everything from scratch again. The remastered version isn't that much better IMO. And its still playing catch-up with the DLC.

I'd be tempted to wait until Cities: Skyline 2 comes out, unless you really need to start a whole new map area with slightly better graphics or use more than 9 tiles. Even for just £9 for the upgrade, i wish i hadn't bothered.

Last edited:
One more farm done.

Skärmbild (185).png

And now that I have most of the rural areas I've started thinking about how to grow the village into a town. The first step is to figure out where the train station should be and then I can plan a little town centre around it.
cslmapview.png

I started working on the railroad and the new town centre. I like the challenge of having to respect the existing infrastructure and properties of the surrounding villages, it's better than starting with a blank canvas.
Skärmbild (187).png

Back