Civic Sadness

• Thread starter ~Sp33~
  • 981 comments
THE ED3
There have been custom made awd crxs and integras. The EF5 sedan was awd as is a model of the EE wagovan.

RTAWD is a better thing to have then rwd imo. It is a front wheel drive car when there is traction but it transfers power to the rear wheels are the front wheels start to slip.

This is the system honda uses on its awd cars like the crv and element along with the sedan and wagon i have just mentioned.

Please no one bring up the SHAWD from the Acura RL... That is a system that relys a lot on electronics and it can not be swaped.
That's the worst AWD possible. :yuck:

Unfortunately, the old Civic AWD systems can't be combined with the B-series architecture... pity. :(

The CRV and Element rear-diffs are probably one and the same, seeing as how the Element is a CRV in drag.

If we can have a serious, mauter, fact based discussion on this we should move it to the other thread.

If not, blow me...

niky
Unfortunately, the old Civic AWD systems can't be combined with the B-series architecture... pity. :(

The CRV and Element rear-diffs are probably one and the same, seeing as how the Element is a CRV in drag.
I'd rather use an S2000 rear end, seeing how that axle was designed to be RWD.

post a pic of that nasty thing then.

I told you why it cant happen easy. If you wanna do something like this, it is far to much work.

Nevermind, I just found out why its hard to find GT4 Civic drift video,
http://streetracing.tiora.net/japan/drift/drift1.htm
The second technique is used by a few drifters in rear wheel drives, but is the only way you can really drift a front wheel drive. You have to use the side brake. A front wheel drive can not whip it's tail out because the tires are being driven in the front as opposed to the rear. So when approaching a turn you pull the side brake to cause traction loss. And the rest is pretty much the same except that it's much harder to take more than one turn with a front wheel driver

And I finally got the cv4.wmv video mentioned by Cosmic :) .

I remember strafing back and forth down straightaways in an EK9 in GT3, by constantly holding down the handbrake. :lol:

some things are real, some not... There are some frauds on eBay like, you your bid and never receive the item cause the seller never sent it to you.

I was going to buy a AWD EF civic, i was worried about how much it would cost for parts for the dam thing if it broke though

It was twice the price as the one i got. this is the one i could afford, beside that guy who owned the civic wasnt all that keen in giving it away, i rang him about it like, a billion times and he called back about 10 mins after i bought this one.

~Sp33~
I was REALY dissapointed when i realised there is no sedan of any civic varient in the whole of GT4!!!.. i was like 👎 .. i couldnt believe this, especially due to its popularity, im a huge honda fan and got all teary over this ;_;.

Another thing that ive noticed is that when you open up the Driving park menu there are many Honda Civic RS's lined up in the background. Now this is a sedan, but can we access them?.. this is so stupid if you cant, its as if PD is teasing us somehow, with their little mind games.

Is there any other dissapointed fans out there? Is their other models that you loved and were dropped in the making of the new GT?
I'm a Holden fanatic, and guess how many cars I got. 2! count 'em! They weren't even top of the line ones. So, having said that i hope you count yourself lucky and pull your head in.

okay you have the two commodores right?

Last time i looked, the Vectra was there, the barina was there AND the Calibra was there, theyre all holdens dude.

Dont be fooled by the badgery

Back