Civic Sadness

• Thread starter ~Sp33~
  • 981 comments
I hope that once the Accord dies in a few another 10 years or so, i can buy it from my parents, make it RWD, put in a 6 speed stick and maybe an S2000 engine in it. I don't know, just wondering.

THE ED3
I hope you can make a tube frame and like the way mis matched cars handle. No one is making vipers mid engined.
I don't think you'd have to make a tube frame. Just strip out everything you see from the frame and start from scratch.

There's a kit out there that uses donor parts from any Accord to create a mid-engined roadster... for the life of me, I can't remember the name.

And there was that V8 RWD Accord up on E-Bay a year or two ago... but that was an insane chop-job.

I've seen mid engined del sols. I've seen 911s with 4g63s i've seen minis with honda motors.

there are rwd civic drag cars, but they are not streetable. The only point of a rwd civic would be to go in a straight line. Its just not my style.

THE ED3
I've seen mid engined del sols. I've seen 911s with 4g63s i've seen minis with honda motors.

there are rwd civic drag cars, but they are not streetable. The only point of a rwd civic would be to go in a straight line. Its just not my style.
This was a streetlegal Civic RWD drift car. It had gay vinyls and a spoiler and body kit, but those can all be remedied. ;)

I fail to see how the only point of a RWD civic "would be to go in a straight line," or how you can ruin the weight balance of a car that already has a poor weight balance to begin with. :P

On the other hand, why modify a Civic like that when you can simply buy a car that doesn't have wrong-wheel-drive to begin with? :P

That is a point. why not buy a rwd car if you want a rwd car. I chose a fwd car because i wanted a fwd car. i didnt chose an mr car because i wanted to go off roading... :rolleyes:

Wolfe2x7
I fail to see how the only point of a RWD civic "would be to go in a straight line," or how you can ruin the weight balance of a car that already has a poor weight balance to begin with. :P

On the other hand, why modify a Civic like that when you can simply buy a car that doesn't have wrong-wheel-drive to begin with? :P
So then you can do burnouts and go rice hunting in your sleeper S2000/Civic thing.

tehe that sounds like fun, give me a date and a place and ill be there <-- will tape the whole thing, and make a fortune :P

I think ill call the video " civic madness"

lol im glad someones being original haha

~Sp33~

Why not AWD? Ought to be much simpler. B16/B20 with the undercarriage ripped out of a CRV, put it in a sedan body for better weight balance...

Or, hell, just use the rear differential, RWD, without TOO much cutting and pasting.

niky
Why not AWD? Ought to be much simpler. B16/B20 with the undercarriage ripped out of a CRV, put it in a sedan body for better weight balance...

Or, hell, just use the rear differential, RWD, without TOO much cutting and pasting.
I was thinking about the rear end off of an S2000 or Element, and AWD will be too complicated.

~Sp33~
tehe that sounds like fun, give me a date and a place and ill be there <-- will tape the whole thing, and make a fortune :P

I think ill call the video " civic madness"

lol im glad someones being original haha

~Sp33~
Yeah, in like 10 years. :P

There have been custom made awd crxs and integras. The EF5 sedan was awd as is a model of the EE wagovan.

RTAWD is a better thing to have then rwd imo. It is a front wheel drive car when there is traction but it transfers power to the rear wheels are the front wheels start to slip.

This is the system honda uses on its awd cars like the crv and element along with the sedan and wagon i have just mentioned.

Please no one bring up the SHAWD from the Acura RL... That is a system that relys a lot on electronics and it can not be swaped.

Back