Civic Sadness

• Thread starter ~Sp33~
  • 981 comments
My thought it that the mazda and nissan guys paid to have their club be a forum. What we could do however is create a Sedan fan thread in the general automotive forum. It would cover all sedans, not just EFs or even hondas. This would be so more then just us three post in it. If there is interest in this i will create the thread.

sp33, when are you getting pics of this carbed wonder?

Hey 'THE_ED3' i know you arent a fan of B16 engines but i need some info - the stats on a B16a2 are 168bhp but is that at the flywheel or the wheels?

I'd love a civic forum but only for sedans? surely we can just have a civic one - i know you's arent fans of hatches but i love all Civic's including Sedans Hatchbacks and Coupe's

It is to the flywheel. I'd like the engine much more if it were to the wheels. The average b16a with bolt ons may make 140hp.

I will ask a mod what the deal is with the nissan/mazda forums. I think our best bet would be a sedab thread. we cant realy more this one as half the posts are still about gt4 and spliting it would be a big task.

I say sedan beceause that is what this thread is for. a honda thread would be to much for one thread.

What about the EP3 Type-r with 197bhp is that at the wheels or flywheel? im just getting confused as i look at stats for all different cars and most of the time it never states whether the BHP is at the flywheel or wheels.

As a rule of thumb, fwd and rwd cars lose 20-30 hp through drivetrain loss. awd cars lose a bit more in most cases.

I have just sent Kent a PM.

Power loss is more like a percentage of the power, with AWD's losing the most, by far, FF's, MR's and RR's losing the least, by far, and then FR's somewhere inbetween. The amount lost also depends on the build quality of (and types of parts used in) the drivetrain. :)

"BHP" is always at the flywheel. That's the meaning of the "brake" in "brake horsepower." Horsepower at the wheels is almost always listed as "WHP." :)

Also, if you guys decided to make a sedan thread, would that be all sedans, or just Honda ones?

Read up wolfey, he does say that it would be about all sedans.

ED3: i thought i did post pics a few pages back, and you thought it was terrible and that i should never post again. if you want though, im free all tomoz, i should be able to grab a few shots.. if you want that is.

Id also realy like to see many more pics of your sedan.

~Sp33~

Go look in the site feed back section. I made a thread about a possible honda power zone. I thought they would say what they did and I will take their advice.

I thought those pics of the maroon car were a car like yours. sorry. Maybe you could post better shots?

And I have created the Honda fan club in the general automotive section. Mugenvtec and ~SP33~ I have already signed up but everyone else please send a pm.

The Honda fan club

THE ED3
Honda is a rather popular make of car. The GTP users ~SP33~ Mugenvtec and I think it would be a good idea to make a special forum along the lines of the nissan and mazda forums. I have asked kent and he says he will support it. Is there anyone else here that would support having a Honda power zone?

You missed me?

Just kidding - i would support this but im sure a honda thread will do - I thought it was going to be about 'Sedans Only' thread?

Well *tears* this looks like the end to the civic sedan thread *whimper* it was nice knowing you all and thanks for participating

~Sp33~

aight. GT4 ??? Civic ??? The EG is ok, but EK and EP, eeeeeew....

I miss the EK sedan that was in the GT2. But Civic's in GT4 is not the best thing.

There needs to be a non type r ek and an ef hatch in gt4 as well as all the sedans we need. The ep isnt all that bad in gt4. The engine has lots of power and the six speed is nice. Sure its not the best looker but its s sight better then the ep3 si we got here in america! :yuck:

I use the roof cam in most cases. If i'm messing around, i'll use the birds eye view. If the roof cam is to high looking i'll use the bumper cam. I dont like using the bumper cam though because if you touch anything else the screen jumps around and gets blurry and it hurts my head pretty bad.

aw.. i Use the bumper cam all the time anyways. its Much harder to predict a slide with the roof cam, and harder to line up the corners Apex.

yeah but on some city courses where its almost impossible to not thouch the wall or other cars at some point I get headaches. I'm not that bad a driver but even the slighest touch and you'd think its a major earthquake.

the 4 banger models are better for swaping. The v6 model is actually a little longer. Idealy the v6 platform would allow for a mid engine fwd layout but this has only ever been done on hondas touring cars.

I prefer the 94-97 model accord myself.

Back